I can't seem to breathe
It feels like it hasn't been that long
Since you walked away from me
Now I can try to act real strong
But you and I both know I still think of you that way

(6 weeks later)

"Well Miss Santora, congratulations." The man in the white coat, Doctor McDowel said. "You're going to be a mom."

"Oh my God." Allie's shoulders slumped down and she hung her head in shame. She was pregnant.

"Allie?" Renee, Allie's best friend hugged her and rubbed her back. "It's gonna be okay."

"I'll give you a minute." The doctor excused himself and left the exam room. Allie turned on the uncomfortable table and hung her bare feet off the side. Renee hopped up next to her friend and gave her another hug.

"This is a nightmare." Allie said, tears escaping her eyes.

"No... no, everything will be fine. It's...his right?" Renee said softly.

Allie glared at her. "Yes!" She shouted. "Who else could it be?"

"I don't know I was just asking..."

"Why? just... why would you even have to ask." Allie looked hurt.

"It's just that... I mean, I never thought that you would have had a one night stand with Justin Timberlake. I'm your best friend, I know everything about you, but I gotta say you shocked the hell out of me with that one. So..." Renee stood up and walked to the other side of the room.

Allie shook her head and bit her tongue. Right now, Renee was all she had to get through this mess.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Trust me, that whole night is pretty much a blurr... this is like the hangover from hell, and I wasn't even all that drunk." Allie laughed a little bit.

"So... do you have a way of getting a hold of him? You've got to tell him right, you're going to keep it yes?"

"Yea." Allie nodded "I couldn't not; and I have his cell phone number I think. Although he prolly just thought that we would have another go around next time he's in town but oh well. Let's scare the shit out of him eh?"

Renee laughed, glad that Allie was starting to calm down and even make light of this situation.

"I'm gonna wait out there so you can get dressed." Renee said and moved towards the door.

"Okay, thanks for coming with me."

"No problem." Renee left and shut the door behind her. Allie climbed down off the table and got dressed and then peeked open the door and searched the hall for Dr. McDowel.

"Hello there, is everything alright now?" The doctor smiled.

Allie nodded. "Thanks."

"Congratulations, and it may seem a little crazy now, but you'll figure it out. Every one always does. You're going to be a great mom."

Allie blushed and thanked the doctor again before stopping at the office to make another appointment for an ultrasound and then heading out with Renee at her side.

"So where to now? You wanna go tell your mom?"

"I suppose I should, she's going to find out sometime right?"

"Uh, yea." Renee unlocked her car. "To Mom's it is."

The drive that normally would seem to last for hours in the silent car, flew by for Allie. This conversation would not be pretty. She knew her mother would say it was just history repeating. Allie had grown up in a single parent home, her father leaving when she was just 3 months old.

At the moment it could go either way but Allie was finding it very hard to believe that the Justin Timberlake would give up his perfect life to make up for a one night stand gone horribly wrong.

"Hey Mom!" Allie called out after entering the front door.

"Allie! Is that you?" she heard her mother ask.

"Yea... where are you?"

"In the kitchen." came the answer.

Allie was already following the sound of her voice. She found her mother in the kitchen washing dishes and she walked over and gave her a hug.

"What's wrong?" Her mother asked.

Allie was amazed at how perceptive mothers could be. "Mom... um, sit down I got something to tell you."

"Oh God..." Gail put down the dish towel in her hands and sat down on one of the chairs at the table. "What have you done?"

Renee pulled out one of the other chairs and sat down silently, avoiding Gail's questioning look.

"Um... ya know how I went to the city last month for that concert?"

"Yes... get to the point."

"Well, me and Renee headed to one of the bars after the show and we actually met Justin."

"Justin?"

"Timberlake Mom, the guy we went to see."

"and?"

"I'm pregnant." Allie spat out, and her eyes shut tightly while she waited for some kind of reaction.

For several minutes there was silence, and slowly she opened her eyes. Her mother was giving her a look that only a mother could perfect. Dissappointment and horror that was laced with concern for her only daughter.

"Oh Baby..." Gail stood up and hugged her daughter and they both started to cry. "You had sex with him? I thought I raised you be... nevermind. It'll be okay." Gail rubbed her hand up and down Allie's back.

"You're not mad?" Allie managed to choke out between sobs.

"I'm just dissappointed in you. I wanted more for you then what I had. Have you been able to tell this man yet?"

Allie sat down and her mother pulled out another chair and sat down next to her.

"No, we just came from the doctor. I told you first."

"Well, can you get a hold of him? I know he's famous and probably gets around but did he leave you a number or something?"

Allie nodded.

"Call him. Tell him. And we'll see where to go from there."

"Right now?"

"You don't have to do it right now no. But soon. Preferably today, the sooner you figure out what he plans on doing, the sooner you can figure out what you'll have to handle."

Allie hadn't thought about that. Not entirely. She assumed that she would be doing this on her own. She didn't expect that maybe he would want to have a part in it. But, there was a possibility, after all, technically this child was his too.

An hour and a half later Renee was dropping Allie off at her apartment and wishing her good luck.

Allie unlocked the door and went inside, turning on the lights and after wasting a few precious minutes debating her next actions she grabbed her cell phone and dialed his number before she could stop herself.

"Talk to me."

His smooth voice filled her ear and she drifted for a second to imagine how it had sounded when he had whispered her name.

"Hello?"

"Hi." She said suddenly.

"Who is this?"

He spoke a little louder into the phone, she could tell he was probably annoyed.

"It's Allie." She said.

"Who?"

She sighed, "Allie, we met a few weeks ago, in New York. We... we slept together."

"Okay... what can I do for ya?"

"I have something to tell you?"

"Um, aight."

"I'm pregnant." she spat out before she could create some other story.

Now love is a game that we both like to play
But will I win or lose if I go or if I stay


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story