Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Last night
Can't believe what I was hearing
Telling me to have a nice life
"Excuse me?" He replied. "How is this my problem?"

"Well, I didn't make it by myself, it's yours." Allie answered, slightly upset at his reaction.

"Yea right. Listen, I don't know what you're trying to pull, but pretending to have my child isn't going to win me over."

"Pretending? I can send you a copy of the ultrasound if you don't believe me." She said.

"How are you so sure it's mine." He said. "Wishful thinking doesn't make it real, that kid could be anybodys." He spat back.

"Do you think I'm some kind whore, who just sleeps with anyone?"

"Well... you slept with me didn't you. If the shoe fits..."

"For your information, before I slept with you I was a virgin." She sighed heavily and waited for a reaction.

"What?"

"A vir-gin. Do you know what that means? It means that..." He inturrupted her. Apparently the 4.0 on his home school high school diploma wasn't working for him now.

"I know what the word means... you're lying."

She could almost imagine the angry look of disbelief on his face. She expected it. Apparently he wasn't nearly as amazing as she'd imagined him to be.

"No I'm not." She said.

"I don't believe you." He replied.

"Fine. Don't, I don't care. But I'm keeping the baby and it's yours. You have to live with yourself. My mom raised me by herself, I'll do the same if you really want me to. I just thought I'd give you the option to be a man. Have a nice life Justin." She clicked the cell phone closed and threw it across the room. Tears coming to her eyes.

She had just hung up on Justin Freakin Timberlake.

He wasn't taking it so well. No sooner had the phone landed on the couch on the other side of the room, it had started ringing, a true tone version of "SexyBack" flying through the air. Allie groaned and picked up the phone, silencing it with the push of a button and directing his call to her voicemail.

She collapsed onto the phone, and wiped away the tears on her cheeks. A few seconds later the phone beeped telling her that she had a messege. She didn't feel like hearing whatever he had to say, at least not right now so she turned the phone off and then headed down the hall to her bedroom where she changed into her pajamas and crawled into bed. Exhuasted even though it was only 7:30.
------

Justin paced back and forth in his hotel room. Utterly shocked that she had hung up on him and then ignored his call.

The nerve!

She called him. Told him that she was pregnant with a child that was his, and then when he questioned the truth to that statement she'd hung up on him. Maybe if he was a normal John Doe that would be justifiable but he was Justin Timberlake.

He had girls every day telling him they were having his baby, or that they wanted to, none of it was ever true. He got around but not that much.

He left an angry annoyed messege and told her to call him back when she planned on hearing him out. She seemed serious enough, so maybe he should check in to this.

Besides, in the end he would be right and she would be wrong...

Right?
------

For the next 12 hours Allie locked herself away in her bedroom and cried. She didn't want to feel like this, she wanted to be strong and she wanted follow the example her mother had set down.

But the truth was, she didn't want to do this alone.

After reaching the conclusion that she couldn't hide from reality any longer, she turned her phone back on and listened to Justin's angry messege telling her to call back when she "got off her high horse."

She breathed in and bit back another round of tears before calling him back.

"Hello?" She heard his angry tone answer after a few rings.

"Hi Justin."

"Allie." He said. She winced, he was obviously still a little angry about being hung up on. After thinking a bit she had realized that maybe she had caught him off-guard and should have expected that he isn't a normal guy. That he can't just believe everything he hears.

"Hi. I'm sorry about springing that on you. But, it was a shock to me too."

"I'm going to need to make sure that this is real, I'm sorry about that but I can't take any chances."

"Whatever. But, when it comes back that I am telling the truth?"

He sighed heavily. She could almost hear the thoughts banging back and forth in his head. Would he? Wouldn't he?

"I'm not gonna force you to be there, I told you that right?"

"Yea." Justin said. "I... can't decide that right now. I have to take this one step at a time."

"Okay." Allie nodded. "So, um, we're going to need to go to a clinic together I think. They need your DNA and DNA from the baby."

"They can do that, I mean, before the baby is born. I didn't think they could."

"Yea, it's newer but they can."

"Okay, well I will have my assistant book you a flight out to L.A. When can you get out here?"

"Um..." Allie paused. "Saturday. I have to work all week."

"Done. I'll see you Saturday." Justin said. "Goodbye Allie. Call me if anything comes up."

"Alright... g'bye." Allie was a little caught off-guard by how easy his life seemed to be. He wasn't even worried about not being able to get a flight for her. She couldn't imagine what people wouldn't do if he asked them to. The world truely did lay at his feet.

So tonight
I don't think I'll spare your feelings
You're on your own
I'ma do for me what's right


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story