And it is breaking me down
Watching the world spin round
While my dreams fall down
Is anybody out there?

Allie nervously shifted back and forth and rubbed her hands together as the plane descended and prepared to land at LAX.

She had been so excited to have met Justin in the first place. Her stomach was in knots and flipping like an acrobat. She was feeling the same way now, only it was anxiety causing the feelings, not joy.

When Allie exited the plane she was suprised to find a man waiting for her carrying a sign with her name on it.

"That's me." She said softly. The tall man in the black suit narrowed his eyes on her and after a moment he smiled slightly.

"Good afternoon Miss Allie. Follow me." He led the way to baggage claim and then out to a waiting limo. He opened the door and motioned for her to climb in. She took a deep breath and ducked into the doorway expecting to see Justin waiting for her.

But the car was empty. She frowned and then looked at the man when he poked his head into the open door.

"Mr. Timberlake is caught up in some meetings all day but he instructed me to show you around the city. He left his credit card for you to get anything you want. Whenever you're ready I will drop you off at his house. I'm James by the way, I'm his driver. Let me know if you need anything."

Allie smiled and he shut the door and soon enough the car was in motion. Ally sighed, she was dissappointed but she supposed she should have expected it. She didn't want to admit it, but she was kind of looking forward to seeing him again.

The interior window slid down and James called out to her. Would you enjoy seeing the theatre?" He asked.

"Graumans?" Allie replied.

"The one and only." James locked eyes with her through the rear view mirror and winked.

"I'd love to."

"Alright, we should be there in a few minutes. Is there any where else you'd like to go?"

Allie thought for a moment. "I wouldn't mind seeing the stars."

"Excuse me?"

"The... stars on the ground, with the handprints."

"Ahh the walk. Of course." The partition slid up again and Ally was alone.

The day seemed to fly and by then time she was pulling up outside Justin's house she was exhausted. The driver opened the limo door and she climbed out and reached around to take her bags from him but he shook his head and led her towards the house.

She looked around wondering which of the 2 cars in the drive was Justin's, and who the other belonged to.

"I'm sorry but it doesn't look like Mr. Timberlake is home yet, I'll just show you around and show you to your room. He told me to assure you to make yourself at home and relax."

"Who's cars are those?" Allie asked.

"Those belong to Mr. Timberlake as well, there is a convertible and a harley in the garage also. But, he has another Mercedes he must have taken out for the day." None of this seemed to phase James who apparently spent a lot of time here. But Allie was amazed.

"Thanks James." Allie smiled as he showed her to her room and then said goodbye, again telling her to make herself at home. But she found that nearly impossible and after cautiously poing through the kitchen to find a bottle of water and a banana she retreated to her 'room' where she spent the rest of the evening, and was fast asleep by the time Justin got home.

He peeked into the room just to make sure she'd gotten there, but didn't wake her or even dare take a step inside. He simply shut the door and then dissappeared into his own bedroom, refusing to emerge until almost noon the next day.

Justin showered and got dressed before he went searching for Allie the next morning.

He knocked on the door to her room and waited for a moment before she opened the door slowly and smiled wearily at him.

"Good...afternoon." She said, glancing at the clock.

"Hey." He came into the room and sat in the chair by the window. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm glad you made it here alright and if there is anything you need let me know."

"um... alright." She replied.

"I made an appointment for that test on Tuesday, is that alright?"

Allie nodded.

"Okay well... I am going to be at the studio for the rest of the day and tomorrow too, I probably won't be home until later. I left a note with my cell number on it on the fridge in case you need me for something but other then that..." he trailed off and avoided her curious gaze.

'Was he seriously going to ignore her for the next two days?'

She nodded anyway and he stood up and left the room quickly, shutting the door behind him.


Tuesday morning rolled around quicker then expected, and Allie had been getting used to not seeing Justin. She almost groaned over the prospect of having to spend the entire day with him.

He knocked on the door lightly around 10AM and she opened it. He didn't smile or even look her in the eye.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yes." Allie answered. She followed him through the hall, down the stairs and out the front door to one of his cars. The ride to the doctors office was quiet, for the most part. The radio was turned on, but the volume was low and the only sound coming from either of them was an occasional line that Justin couldn't help but sing along with to whatever song was coming through the speakers.

Overall the entire day was uncomfortable and difficult for the both of them, but the hardest part was yet to come.

The hardest part came two days later when they actually recieved the results that proved Justin was indeed the father. Allie did her best to resist the urge to say "I told you so." and slap Justin upside the head.

Justin was taking the information as well as could be expected. At the moment he was sitting alone, in the dining room staring out the window and feeling like a complete jackass. Suddenly he had an epiphany.

Maybe, he'd been a jerk and an ass since the minute she'd contacted him.

But the truth was he was scared shitless and now he had to make everything right again.

He needed to be a part of this child's life. He could never forgive himself if he wasn't.

Obviously that meant being a part of Allie's life as well. This would never work if they hated eachother.

With a heavy sigh and after he quickly downed the last of his morning coffee, he stood up, stretched, deposited the empty mug in the dishwasher and then trudged up the stairs where he stopped in front of the door to Ally's room.

It was another several minutes before he actually managed to raise his fist and knock quickly and lightly on the door.

The door was opened a couple seconds later and Ally gave him an uneasy smile.

"Whats up?" She asked.

Justin smiled wearily back. "I'm sorry." He muttered quickly.

She was clearly confused.

"I havn't really been treating you very well and I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, and I promise that I'll try to be a little more..." he trailed off, not quite sure where he was going with his apology.

"It's alright." Allie cautiously reached out and took his hand. "I'm not quite sure how to deal with this either." She smiled and he finally stopped staring at his feet and looked up at her.

This time his smile was genuine and warm and he held open his arms and moved to hug her. "Thanks."

Allie just walked into his open arms and returned the hug by slipping her arms around his waist.

Oh my god please forgive me, father hear my prayer
'Cause I know I've done some wrong in this life
If I could do it all again
Have just one more chance
To take all those wrongs and make them right


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story