Just as sure as the sun will shine
Every morning, everytime
Don't worry, girl
I'ma take it from here

It took time, it took convincing but eventually Justin managed to convince Allie to make the move to L.A. But of course he had to make some changes of his own as well.

He ended up turning down the idea to add yet another leg to his tour, and spent even less time in the studio writing and recording.

He was pretty much miserable.

But, he knew that he needed to do whatever it was that Allie needed him to do. So he was there for every doctor appointment.

He was up in the middle of the night driving to the nearest mini-mart to buy a pint of lime twist ice cream.

He was bending and adjusting to all of the sometimes ludicrous demands she could come up with.

But then again she was pretty miserable herself. She had so-called “morning” sickness that lasted all day long. She couldn’t eat any of her favorite foods anymore without feeling sick. She couldn’t sleep, and hated the fact that with each passing week she felt more and more disgusting.

She knew her parents were disappointed in her. She didn’t have any friends in L.A. and she truly and honestly believed that Justin hated her for bringing about what could be the end of his career.

Then one day, while she was sitting at home waiting for him to come back with some pickled okra for her; she saw a headline on E! News that really caught her attention.

The ever present Ryan Seacrest popped onto screen with a fresh E! News breaking story. And a picture of her, with Justin, coming out of the doctors office flashed on screen. Ryan’s voice broke into her consciousness and she listened intently.

“…Photos posted on fan sites surfaced yesterday, that show JT coming out of a Women’s Care clinic with a mystery woman. Justin mysteriously disappeared off the scene a couple months ago after wrapping up his FutureSexLoveShow world tour. Questions are now flying everywhere as to who this new lady is, and why he was with her at the facility. Timberlake has been notoriously tight-lipped about his personal life, never formally admitting to any relationship. A source close to JT revealed that the woman is his new and pregnant girlfriend. As of now we have don’t have a name for Justin’s new flame. Is he settling down and stepping out of the spotlight for a family? E! News will keep you updated on this breaking story as details arrive.”

Allie’s jaw dropped and just as the channel turned back to it’s regularly scheduled programming of The Simple Life, she heard Justin’s keys in the door and he walked in.

She turned to him, the incredulous look plastered on her face and his smile immediately turned.

He ran around the couch, kneeling in front of her.

“Are you alright? Is everything okay?”

She nodded. “I just saw myself on tv.” She stuttered.

“What?” He asked, relieved but confused.

“On E! somebody saw us coming out of the doctors the other day, and there’s pictures and somebody told them I was your pregnant girlfriend.”

Justin thought for a moment, he was used to the publicity, but of course she wasn’t.

“Well at least they got something right… you are pregnant.” He sat down beside her and handed her the bag he’d brought in.

“Excuse me?” Ally said, annoyed that it didn’t bother him any.

He stared at her for a moment and then took a deep breath.

“You should say something about this… tell them that we’re not dating.” Allie said, although inside she kind of liked the idea of being called Justin Timberlake’s girlfriend.

“Honestly…” Justin started “I don’t plan on saying anything. I don’t ever confirm or deny anything the press says and if I started now… people would see right through it. You’re pregnant, obviously, and it’s only going to get more and more obvious. I can’t avoid being photographed and the two of us can’t stay stuck inside for the next six months.” He took another breath and gave her a chance to process what he’d already said before he kept going.

“We’d be better off just letting them continue to think what they’re going to think. They’re going to believe what they want to believe no matter what I say. “

“Justin that’s not good enough. My family is going to see this, my friends and my mom and my dad and it’s not true. Why can’t you just admit that you’re a damn human. You made a mistake and you’re dealing with it! Admit you’re not fucking perfect.” Allie stood up and glared at him.

Justin’s blood was boiling and he wanted so bad to say something back to her, but for the life of him he couldn’t come up with a plausible response.

She was right. No matter what claims he made; about how he didn’t care what the media had to say; the reason he didn’t want to tell the truth and come clean was because he was worried about the backlash.

He knew he’d messed up, and he was ashamed… but he didn’t want the world to know that.

Allie waited, and waited, for him to say something, but when he just stared blankly at her she shrugged her shoulders, threw the bag with the jar of okra in it at him and stormed off to her room.

Justin winced when he heard the door slam upstairs.

‘Oh well.’ He thought, 'there’s nothing he could do about her right now.' He turned his attention to the television screen where the ever present bulletin feed was scrolling across the bottem and he saw his name and knew they were running the blurb Allie had been talking about. He reached for the remote and angrily changed the channel.

He knew things like this happened to lots of people, he certainly wasn’t the only guy who’d knocked up some random girl. Unfortunately, he felt guilty, and embarrassed, and he was scared.

He’d worked so hard to appear so indifferent and unaffected by his celebrity status, and it was starting to slowly crumble around him.


Justin could tell that Allie was still upset the next morning when she ate the last of his cocoa pebbles, an evil smirk on her face, when he knew for a fact that the chocolate milk the cereal left behind made her nauseous.

So he tried his best to stay out of her way (AKA avoid her) until dinner, when he’d finally thought up an idea.

“Do you want to come with me to dinner?” he asked her, stepping cautiously into the living room where she was watching the news. It was around 5 that evening.

She eyed him suspiciously… “Where?”

“This little diner just outside the city. It’s quiet, probably won’t be noticed…” He trailed off leaving out ‘that much.’

“Okay.” Allie said. She really didn’t feel like cooking anything anyway.

Justin smiled. “Great.” He said. She got up to change and he watched her leave. Yes, it was an undesirable situation they were now in, the baby, the rumors, the lack of a definable relationship between the two of them. But, he really wanted to work out these kinks, if nothing else but for the baby’s sake.

He had moved her to L.A. so that he could be there for every part of this pregnancy. He had put a hold on his career and his life to make her comfortable.

But, he knew that didn’t even compare to the sacrifices she was making. He knew there was no way to avoid the truth of his unborn child eventually coming out. She was going to be thrust into the spotlight at some point and he couldn’t prevent that.

So he’d created a plan to embrace these not so fake rumors, and work them in his favor… their favor. Allie just didn’t know it yet.

And when there's no one there to hold
And you realize the world is cold
Don't worry, girl
I'ma take it from here


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story