Those flashing lights come from everywhere
The way they hit her I had to stop and stare
She's got me love stoned
I think I'm love stoned
She's got me love stoned

Nearly two weeks later, Justin’s situation hadn’t improved much. In fact the more time he spent with her, the harder he started to fall. It was a tricky situation. He was fighting it as hard as he could, but failing miserably.

Maybe it would be different if she wasn’t carrying his child. Although, technically he wouldn’t even really know her at all if she wasn’t and there wasn’t any way to change that now. But, every time she walked into the room, he felt it, even if he hadn’t even seen her yet. Somehow he sensed her presence and he got a rush and searched out her eyes. For some reason he was drawn to her.

And he hated it. It was much easier to manipulate and score one up on someone else if you weren’t attached to them. He was feeling guilty over ever coming up with such an idea. But there was no turning back now, especially since he was actually wanting to be around her, to be near her, to talk to her, just to be close to her.

Allie was going through this same strange sort of emotion as well. He had these annoying and frequent habits of coming home from wherever he had been that day, showering and then wandering around half naked and smelling more intoxicating then any man she’d ever met. It didn’t help that she’d always found him attractive, even when he was being an ass. Not to mention lately, he’d been following her around, asking all the time if she was okay or if she needed something and basically just being anywhere she was. She couldn’t concentrate on much of anything other then him when he was around, which meant she was always thinking of him.

The problem with all of this, was that even though they were both feeling this pull towards eachother, neither of them wanted to be the first to admit it. Neither one of them had the courage to speak up and tell the other how they were feeling.

Justin came home early one day, and found Allie in the backyard, sitting by the pool, her feet dipping into the water as she soaked in the sun.

He watched her for a few seconds with a small smile before he cleared his throat to let her know he was there. She had a 4 month check up at the doctors in a couple of hours and he thought maybe she might want to shower and get ready.

“Hey…” He said, walking over and standing above her.

“Hi.” She smiled up at him, and unconsciously her hand moved from where it was resting on the concrete to touch her stomach. Justin’s smile brightened.

“Are you ready for the doctor’s or do you have to shower or change or something?” He asked.

“No, I’m ready.” She replied, and moved her feet in the water, then for some reason patted the ground beside her and looked up at him again.

He took a breath and sat down next to her, taking of his shoes and socks and rolling up the bottoms of his jeans before sticking his feet in the water. They were silent for a while, watching the two pairs of feet moving slowly in the water.

“So… how was your day?” Allie asked him.

“It was okay, I’m trying to help JC… Jayce with a couple of his songs. He’s brilliant but for some reason no one gets it.” He rubbed his hand over the top of his head and then gripped the edge of the pool.

“JC?” It took Allie a second to realize who he was talking about. “Nevermind.” She said. Suddenly he was Justin Timberlake again. “Well I should… go get ready.” She started to get up but Justin reached a hand out to grab hers and stop her.

He was frustrated with how easily she could retreat away from him. Why couldn’t she see him as both Justin and the JT. He was a person, and it angered him a little to know that she didn’t and couldn’t always see it that way.

“Wait… I wanted to talk to you about something.” He said and she looked at him, and then looked at the water.

“I was reading that book that you have…” he said. “The one that talks about each month and what’s going on… you know?” He was a little uneasy about what he was going to ask her.

“And it said that usually around this time they can tell you whether it’s a boy or a girl.”

Allie’s head snapped up, but she nodded. “Well… do you want to know?” He asked. “If they can tell us?”

Allie thought for a moment, and then shook her head. “I don’t think so.” She said.

Justin nodded. “Okay.” He replied. “Okay.”

“Did you want to know?” Allie asked him.

“I… don’t know.” He did want to know, but he felt that he should just go along with whatever she decided. They hadn’t even talked about what was going to happen when the baby did come, and he didn’t want to go around making demands.

“Well, we can always find out later on if we want, it’s not like it’s going to change.” Allie said, and stood up. Justin was going to say something else, but his cell phone started to ring and she disappeared into the house as he reached into his pocket to answer it.

When he walked inside fifteen minutes later, Allie was sitting at the dining room table reading a magazine. Justin eyed it carefully, wondering if she’d somehow managed to get ahold of an In Touch Weekly or one of the other tabloids.

“Watcha readin’?” He pulled out a chair and spun it around, sat down and rested his arms on the back, watching her as he rested his chin on his forearm.

“Cosmo.” Allie answered, and flipped to the next page, that had an article on the 50 most mind blowing sexual positions.

Justin’s eyes widened as he read the title to the article and he cleared his throat. “Only 50?” he joked, but Allie just looked up at him, clearly not amused.

“Ookay.” He stood up and put the chair back. Then he went to get a bottle of water out of the refrigerator.

“Justin?” He heard Allie’s voice and spun around, leaning back against the counter and twisting the top off the bottle.

“Yea?”

“Do you want to know the sex of the baby?” Even though he had said he didn’t really have an opinion, she knew he probably did.

Justin shrugged his shoulders and took a long drink.

“Justin. Do you want to know the sex of the baby?” Allie asked again and this time Justin nodded.

“Yea, I do.” He finally admitted.

“Okay.” Allie said. She wondered why it was so hard for him to come out and say that. It was his baby too, after all. “Jay, this is your baby too, you do have a say in this.” She stood and stepped closer to him, putting her hand on his arm.

Justin looked up, surprised that she’d actually gotten up and came over to him, to make sure that he’d actually heard her. He wanted to say something back, however he wasn’t counting on the fact that she was that close to him, and his dark blue eyes turned even darker when they caught hers.

That semi-familiar feeling of being captured by her gaze took over and before he knew was he was doing he had set the bottle of water on the counter, reached his palm up to her cheek and was leaning forward to kiss her.

Allie had no idea what was going on until she saw his eyelids flutter closed and then she panicked and in the last possible milli-second she turned her head.

“I… should go get my purse.” She stuttered quickly “We need to go soon.” She didn’t dare look at him, because she knew what she would see, and she hurried out of the kitchen.

Justin turned around and gripped the counter, hanging his head low and mentally kicking himself for being so stupid and running away with a moment that he had clearly fabricated. He stood there until he heard her come back down the stairs and he knew he had to relax and answer any question she might have about what had just happened.

But, she surprised him but not saying anything at all.

“Are you ready?” She asked, leaning against the door and desperately avoiding any eye contact.

“Um… yea.” Justin grabbed his car keys from the counter and followed her out of the house and to the car. She turned on the radio as soon as the car had started and he took that as a sign that she did not want to talk about it.

An hour and a half later they were sitting in the exam room at the doctors office when the doctor came in with the sonogram in hand.

"Alright, now would you like to know the sex of the baby?" It was only then the Allie dared to look at Justin, and he dared to look back. She nodded at him when his eyebrows raised as if to ask her what she wanted.

Justin nodded back, and it was Allie who spoke.

"Yes." She said, and reached for Justin's hand.

"Congratulations, it's a boy." The doctor smiled and at that second Justin and Allie completely forgot all of the mess they were in and Allie slid off the table and on to her feet and worked her way into Justin's arms and he hugged her back and couldn't resist kissing the side of her head as he slosed his eyes and a tear slid out.

Of course they would have been happy either way, but it seemed that they were both looking for an excuse to be closer to eachother.

And now I walk around without a care
She's got me hooked,it just ain't fair
But I,
I'm love stoned and I could swear
That she knows.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story