Story Notes:
Okay i had this up at the old NF.com archive so im putting up here.. My old username was jrtluva05 just so you know lol.. wel let me know what you think.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this first part isn't the best, cuz it was written forever ago, when my writing was completely different, so please give the story a chance i promise it gets better. Feedback is always welcome!
Prologue
May 29, 2004

A young girl laid quietly on her twin size bed staring intently at a heart shaped locket thinking about the little boy who had given it to her so many years ago. She opened the clasp and smiled softly at the picture inside. It was taken at her 5th birthday party, they both had cake all over there faces and a cheesy smile to go with it.

She thought back to the day she had received the locket and sadness entered her eyes. It was the day he had left her to go back to Tennessee with his mother. That was the one day she had felt like she was being left alone, to fight all the battles on her own.

Justin and her had been a team ever since she could remember, they would boost each other up to reach the highest of things or when someone picked on one of them the other would come running to save the other. It was like that for many years till he'd left to return back to his first home.

The ringing of her cell phone, startled her out of her thoughts. She set the locket down on the her end table then reached out to grab her phone off the charger. Her eyes scanned over the caller id and a smile lit up her face. She pressed send then put the small device up to her ear and uttered a cheerful hello.

"Hey Ambs, how are you doing?" Justin asked with just as much cheerfulness in his tone.

"I'm doing good. How about yourself?" Amber asked flipping over on her back and staring up at the ceiling.

"Good, just got done rehearsing for the tour." Justin replied while throwing his jacket inside his car and getting behind the wheel. "So what were you doing before I called?"

"Well I was looking at the locket you gave me and thinking about our childhood." Amber replied while a blush covered her cheeks.

Justin chuckled softly and had to agree with her, he to had been thinking about her a lot lately. They hadn't seen each other in a few years but kept contact over phone, but to him it wasn't enough he regretted not being able to see her grow up but he had to follow his dreams and that was one thing he would never give up as long as he lived. "Listen, next week I have off and I was wondering if it would be okay to come out an see you?"

"That would be cool, I get out of school this week so that wouldn't be a problem." She replied, a girly giggle escaping her mouth at the mere thought of it.

"Sounds like a plan. I'll call and make all of the reservations, then let you know what's going on okay?" He smiled truth was he was ecstatic to see her again and almost couldn't wait him self. "Oh by the way how's school going?"

"It's good, being a royal pain in my ass but nonetheless it's going great. I'm happy the year is almost over because then I'll be out of high school." Amber replied

"Well at least you made it through some people don't make it that far. I'm proud of you for sticking with it." Justin replied while turning into his driveway. "Well Ambs I'm home, and I need to take a shower because I stink. So I'll call you later and let you know about the details."

"Okay J, I have some company coming over anyway. I can't wait to see you though J, it's been way to long."

"Me to. Have fun and stay out of trouble."

"You two. Bye" Amber said then clicked off the phone after he said his good byes. She sighed loudly and let a beaming smile cross her features. "God a week is so far away." She muttered standing up and smoothing out the wrinkles in her outfit. She slipped on a pair of flip flops then walked out of her room and down the stairs to wait for her best girl friend.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers loverdreams boyfriendj