Oh, hell no. I did not sign up for this.

My heart is beating out of my chest and I feel the sweat slowly and torturously sliding down my back. Fuck, I don’t think I’ve ever worked out this hard before.

Marty has been working us since 10 this morning and even though we’ve had a couple breaks, it’s now close to 4 and my body feels like it’s about to shut down. My knees are literally shaking and I can barely hold my head up from my bent over position. I look over to the left at Ryan and a surge of relief comes over me as I notice his slumped posture. He looks over at me and shakes his head knowingly with a grin. I muster up enough strength to give a little laugh, which comes out more like a grunt. It’s been a long day.

Some would consider that I’m quite lucky to be where I am right now. I myself once felt the same way… that was before I knew what I was actually in for. I mean, I knew it was going to be hard work, but I was definitely not prepared for this. It’s my first big tour and I think I’m just now beginning to grasp the concept of exactly how ‘big’ it is.

We’ve been rehearsing for about a month now and I have yet to meet the beloved star of the show. He’s been working with Marty one on one and from what I hear, he’s really anal about his performances and dancers. This makes me a little nervous considering I’m the new girl.

Everyone has worked for Justin one time or another before this tour, and when I mentioned myself being “lucky”, I meant that in every way. I initially wasn’t asked to be a part of this tour. Kelly, the original dancer they had booked and one of my best friends since I’ve started my dancing career, found out she was pregnant two weeks prior to when rehearsals were supposed to start. Coincidentally, I had happened to be free at the moment and currently looking for work. Kelly immediately recommended me to Marty and the rest, as the say, is history.

So here I am, a week and a half away from embarking on my first big gig. And even though I’m ready to collapse onto the wooden floors that look actually look quite inviting at the moment, I can’t. Any minute now, Justin Timberlake is going to walk through those shiny glass doors and I’m going to have to suck up the throbbing pain aching all over my body, and perform the hell out of the routines I’ve learned over the past few weeks.

“Where’s my posse at?!” a voice booms through the room.

I blink away the sweat dripping down my eyes and shift my gaze to the new presence in the room. Speak of the devil.

“What up, J,” Marty greets him with a slap on the hand and a pat on the back.

“Nothin’ man,” Justin replies, running a hand over the back of his shaved head. “How are these guys doing with the choreography?”

I see Marty shrug with a smile and I laugh quietly to myself. He likes his work to speak for itself.

Deciding that my exhausted posture and expression isn’t necessarily the greatest first impression, I sigh away any sign of tiredness and pop up into a standing position. Stretching my arms and legs a little bit, I try to ignore the soreness building on my body. I keep my eyes on Justin, taking in his relaxed appearance. Damn, Kelly wasn’t kidding when she said he was hot. The man definitely lives up to his sex symbol status.

Oh Jesus… I’m already losing focus.

But I know better. I know that my first priority is to help put on an amazing show, and I intend on doing exactly that… but it can’t hurt to have a little fun while doing it.

Right? 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story