Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry it's been so long since I updated! Busy summer!

Enjoy :) 

You know, it’s so true what they say about casinos: “The house always wins.”

For the past couple of days, we’ve been in Vegas partying like fucking rock stars. The last couple weeks of kicking off the tour in California were great, but Vegas has kind of been like the real kick-off to the tour. And boy, are we living it up.

It was non-stop for a while in California but after Vegas, we have a good week until we head to St. Paul so everyone’s really been going all out on the partying. Believe it or not I’m not that big of a partier myself and after the last couple of days here in Sin City, I have been totally worn down. And not only have I been drinking like a fucking alcoholic, I’ve been gambling too… and I am so broke. No, really. I am so broke.

I swear, I cannot win; which is kind of weird because I’ve done pretty well at other casinos. Maybe it’s a Vegas thing, I don’t know.

Either way, as a result of my reckless behavior within the last two days, I’ve been reduced to staying in for our last night in Vegas. It kind of sucks because everyone else is out and it’s our last night and all, but I figure that I have another solid four months to make up for one night.

As I flip through my latest Jane magazine, I hear a buzz come from the nightstand and reach over to grab my cell phone. The name flashing on the screen causes me to grin and I lean back comfortably on the bed to prepare myself for what I know will be an interesting conversation.

“Why hello,” I draw out with a smile.

“Hey, what’re you doin’?” His voice sounds rushed and the lack of noise in the background causes me to frown.

“Sitting in bed and reading a magazine. Why is it so quiet? Where are you?”

“I’m in the hotel. Can I come up?”

“Uh, yeah, sure.” I pause before continuing. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’ll be there in a sec.”

My ears are met with a dial tone before I can ask any more questions and I purse my lips in concern. It isn’t long before I hear a soft knock on my door and I hop off the bed more eagerly than I want to admit. I swing the door open and am met with a sight that I was not expecting.

“Hi,” Justin smiles at me.

“Hi,” I narrow my eyes suspiciously, trying to figure out what he has up his sleeve. “What’re you doing here? Shouldn’t you be out banging some chick?”

Justin pouts and crosses his arms over his chest defensively. Psh. I am not falling for that.

“Is that what you really think of me? That I’m some nymphomaniac who only thinks with his dick?” I take a second to think about it and shrug my shoulders.

“Kind of.” I watch as Justin’s eyes grow wide.

“Tanith! Seriously?!”

I roll my eyes at his dramatic reaction and pull him inside the room. Slipping back into the bed, I hear the door click shut before seeing Justin making his way further into the room. He decides to settle into the bed next to me with his back against the headboard and I can’t help but feel just a tad bit more comfortable.

I turn on my side and prop my head on hand to get a better look at him. His eyes are closed and for a second, I think he’s going to pass out.

“So is there any particular reason why you’re in your pajamas and not out living up Vegas like everyone else?”

“I’m tired,” he sighs. I try to hide the look of shock on my face but Justin catches it before I can look away. “What? What was that look for?”

“Nothing, I just…” I trail off. “I just thought you’d be used to this whole scene. I never would have expected you to turn in early, of all people.”

Justin gives me a sarcastic look and I fight the urge to punch him.

“Coming from the girl who couldn’t even make it three nights in a row in Vegas…”

“Hey, I’m not the fucking superstar here! I’ve only been living this life for the past month. You on the other hand, you’ve had years to build up your endurance.”

“T, you make it seem like this is some kind of sport,” Justin chuckles.

“Well it should be. Jesus, some people have been drinking since the minute we crossed over the Nevada state border.”

“Cheers to them,” Justin chirps.

I let out a giggle before slipping underneath the down feather comforter. Another great thing about being on tour with Justin Timberlake? Amazing hotels with the greatest fucking beds in the world. Seriously, people who claim that there’s nothing like being in your own bed have not had the luxury of sleeping in these beds. Good Lord.

After briefly shutting my eyes, I feel the bed shift and a cold breeze hit my legs before realizing that Justin has made his way into the covers as well and is now tugging my share over to his side.

“Justin! Stop hogging the covers!” I wail as I harshly tug more of the comforter towards me. Stupid, selfish celebrities… think they own the damn world.

“Alright! Damn girl…” he laughs, settling into the bed with his arms behind his head. I stick my tongue out at him and snuggle deeper into my beloved covers.

A silence falls over us and soon all that can be heard are the patterns of our soft breathing. The quietness and his presence bring a sense of relaxation over me and I allow myself to drift into my thoughts.

It’s funny how Justin and I have become such great friends over the past few weeks. I never would have guessed in my entire lifetime that I would be friends with such a big celebrity. And I’m not saying that to talk myself up, but come on… you’d have to be blind and deaf to not be aware of Justin’s stardom.

It’s been a pretty cut and dry process, mine and Justin’s friendship. It was kind of one of things where you hang out with someone and you call them the next day to hang out again, and soon you’re hanging out so much that you of forget how you became friends in the first place. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we work so closely. I mean for God’s sake, I’ve been practically dry humping the man every night for last two months, which I can’t lie, is a lot of fun and really hot. But even though we’re aware of the slight attraction between the two of us, I think we’re both just really happy that we’ve found another person to relate to and have fun with.

“What’re you thinkin’ about?” His voice is so soft that I almost don’t catch his question. I peer up at him with and smile.

“I thought you fell asleep.” He smirks and I feel his knee nudge my thigh.

“How can I possibly fall asleep when you’re hogging the covers, princess?” Ugh. He knows how much I hate being called that. Asshole.

“Here’s an idea… why don’t you just go back up to you precious little suite and slip into your king sized bed?” I challenge.

“It’s too big,” he whines. I roll my eyes. Who the hell complains about a bed being too big?

“I’m sorry, are you Little Red Riding Hood? What, you wanna try out all the beds in the hotel and see which one feels the best?”

“I don’t have to take this,” Justin frowns. “I’m leaving.”

I wait for him to make his exit but his body fails to make any movement.

“I thought you were leaving.”

“Oh, I am,” he tritely responds. A couple seconds pass before he finishes, “… in a little bit.”

I laugh loudly at his ability to be so bipolar and shake my head. I turn to the nightstand to grab my magazine and continue reading an article about “getting some at work”. Hm… I wonder if any of these tips are applicable to me.

“Hey T, can I ask you a question?” My eyes don’t move from my magazine.

“I don’t know, can you?” I can feel Justin’s eyes and grin.

“Do you always have to be so fucking difficult?”

“Ohhh, is daddy getting mad?” I urge him on. He snatches my magazine and tosses it to the foot of the bed. Seriously, I am not getting paid enough.

“Really Tanith, can I ask you something?” I sigh heavily and roll my head towards him.

“Yes. What is your damn question?” I hear him take a breath and shift my eyes over to his. He’s looking away and suddenly I feel a little bad for giving him such a hard time.

“Am I… ya’ know, ” he pauses, “… am I attractive?”

Oh Jesus. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

“Please tell me you’re joking,” I beg, digging into his expression for some type of indication of sarcasm or humor. Nothing. He is totally serious. And now he’s looking down at his fingers, which are currently running over the threads of the comforter. “Justin…”

“Forget it, it was a stupid question,” he mumbles in a rush. Shit, now I feel bad. Who knew Justin Timberlake’s ego could bruise so easily?

“C’mon J, don’t be like that. I thought you were kidding,” I ease lightly.

“Seriously, forget it. It’s not a big deal,” he shakes his head. Geez, why does he have to be such a girl?

“Justin, stop it,” I reprimand as I place my hand on top of his to stop his movements and gain his attention. “Look, I didn’t mean to offend you. You… you’re very attractive.”

For the amount of time I’ve known him, Justin isn’t the type of person to just doubt himself, and the flicker in his eyes tells me that there’s more to the question than he would have liked to let on; and worry starts to fill me.

“What’s going on, J?” I watch as he clenches his jaw and pushes himself up to rest his back against the headboard.

“I don’t know. I just, I’ve been having this feeling lately…”

“Like what?” He runs his hand over his shaved head and licks his lips.

“Like there’s something wrong with me.” My heart stops for a moment and I sit up to face him.

“Do you feel sick? Do you want to go to the hospital?”

Justin lets out a slight chuckle and shakes his head. “No, I don’t mean it like that.”

“Oh,” I say with a sense of relief. “Then what do you mean?”

“I think I’m messed up, like, mentally.” Shit. That’s even worse.

“Uhm…” Justin turns to me and he quickly starts to shake his head.

“Oh! No, I don’t mean like, messed up in the head or crazy or some shit like that,” he rushes to explain.

“Thank God,” I breathe out with slight chuckle. “I was kind of freaking out for a second there.”

“Sorry,” Justin laughs lightly. I take a second to compose myself before focusing back on the situation at hand.

“So what’s the deal? What makes you think you’re ‘messed up’?” I watch as he shuts his eyes and rests his head against the wooden headboard.

“Lately, I’ve just been feeling really lonely and unhappy,” he pauses before slamming his fists down on the bed, causing me to flinch. “…shit! I just, I don’t know what the fuck is wrong with me!”

I move a little closer to him and run my hand on his forearm in hopes to ease some of his frustration, at the same time wondering where all this could be coming from.

“Justin, it’s okay to feel down sometimes…” I let out softly. He gives me hard look.

“Look at my life, Tanith. What the fuck is wrong with me to be thinking like this? To be feeling lonely and unhappy?” My eyes meet with his and for the first time, I see a side of Justin Timberlake that I never knew existed. Uncertainty.

“Nothing, ok? Nothing is wrong with you.” Justin sighs and shakes his head. I take a moment to study his face and reach over to grab hands. “Listen… yeah, you’re life is great and yes, you don’t have very much to complain about. But it’s okay to feel vulnerable sometimes. Even if you are ‘Justin Timberlake’.”

A small laugh escapes his lips and I tug on his hands as I let out a laugh myself.

“Yeah? You don’t think I’m messed up or anything?” I shrug a shoulder and squint my eyes.

“Wellllll, I think you’re a little screwed up…” I joke. Justin mouth falls open with smile as he pulls his hand out of my grasp to reach over and pinch my side. I fall into him with a squeal and find myself leaning against him, my arms wrapped around one of his and my head on his shoulder. We stay like that for a couple minutes before Justin breaks the silence.

“Thanks, T. Sorry for being such a pussy.”

“Welcome, Pussy Cat,” I smirk. Justin shakes his head with a smile before leaning over to give me a kiss on the side of my forehead and my eyes close for a brief second. I feel him shift as he pulls away and I release his arm as he stands up to stretch.

“I’ll see you in the morning,” he lets out, making his way to the door. I take the opportunity to plop my body back down on the bed and stretch out before snuggling deeper into the covers. Suddenly I pause, a realization quickly entering my mind.

“Wait, why did you ask me if I thought you were attractive? What did that have anything to do with your little problem?” Justin smirks back at me as he opens the door.

“It didn’t.”

The door shuts before I can give him any response and surprisingly, I feel a blush creep over my face. My head turns to where Justin was previously laying, the bed still indented by the crevices of his body. I reach over to smooth out the grooves and smile.

And on second thought, I guess the house doesn’t always win… because I feel like I’ve just hit the jackpot.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story