When they got back to the hotel Fantasia went back to her room and back to typing on her laptop. About a quarter after 6 p.m. she could hear that the guys were back from their autograph signing. But they were being unusually noisy. Fantasia stepped out into the hall to find the guys arguing over who would get a massage from Fantasia first.

"I want her first!" JC said.

"No, I want her first!" Lance said.

"I had to sign the most autographs." Justin whined.

"But my neck hurts." Chris whined.

Fantasia was a little stunned. Maybe Joey was right. Maybe they did think she was the best physical therapist they ever had! Fantasia walked over to the guys smiling a little. "Well, I guess if you are able to fight over me then you don’t really need your massages all that badly. You can just wait until tomorrow." she said turning to leave.

"Wait!" all five guys screamed after her. Fantasia turned back around and she had the biggest grin on her face.

"Did you really think I was going to leave?" she asked. The guys stood there for a second, unsure of what to say.

"I get her first!" Justin cried. That just started the fight all over again.

Fantasia sighed and shook her head. "Ok! Ok!" she said interrupting the guys, "If you’re going to fight over me then I’m going to decide who goes first."

"That’s not fair! You’ll pick Joey and then the rest of us will never see you." Chris cried.

"What in the world would make you think I’d pick Joey first? That would be playing favorites and you know I don’t do that. Now go to your rooms and rest. I’ll get to each of you as soon as I can."

JC, Justin, Chris and Lance all headed for their rooms, but Joey hung back for a second. "Why don’t you save me for last?" he suggested.

"I was planning on it." Fantasia replied with a smirk.

Fantasia decided to visit Justin first and then Chris because they have the most problems. Then she went to see Lance and JC. As soon as she finished with JC, Fantasia dashed back to her room. She changed into her new outfit and got ready for her date. Fantasia left for Joey’s room ready to work. It’s just when she gets done that she didn’t know what to expect.

Fantasia reached Joey’s room and nervously knocked on the door. Joey let her in and when the door was closed, her pulled her into his arms and kissed her. When they broke apart Fantasia was speechless. She certainly wasn’t expecting that!

"I decided that I didn’t need my massage. I just want to go on my date with you." Joey said as if he was reading her mind. Fantasia just smiled. She really didn’t know what to say or do now. "You look amazing!" Joey said as he took her hand and led her over to the bed. There he already had dinner set up. Fantasia looked at the odd combination of food.

"Pizza and champagne?" she asked.

"Yeah, I know." Joey sighed, "I didn’t have a lot of time to plan this. Plus I wasn’t sure what you would like. I’m sorry. I’ll take you out someplace nice really soon."

"Joey, it’s OK." Fantasia said interrupting his ramblings, "No, actually, it’s perfect. It’s more than anybody else has done for me. Plus, I’d rather do this than go to some fancy restaurant where the whole menu is in French and I wind up ordering cow’s brains." Joey just burst out laughing.

They sat down on the bed to eat and soon Fantasia was once again telling Joey about her life. "Have you ever met anybody else with trich… ah… tricho…." Joey asked attempting to pronounce the name of her OCD.

"Trichotillomania." Fantasia said helping him, "You can call it trich for short."

Joey just nodded.

"Yeah, I’ve met a few people. The first person I met was another girl my age when I started middle school." Fantasia said.

"I bet you two became best friends." Joey commented.

Fantasia scoffed and said, "Please! She was a stuck-up, prepy cheerleader. She didn’t want to have anything to do with me!"

"Well, how come she got to be one of the popular girls and you didn’t?" Joey asked confused.

"Because she only pulled out her hair in one small spot and covered the spot up with the rest of her hair. Nobody even knew." Fantasia explained.

"Well, that’s not fair." Joey said.

"Since when is middle school fair?" she replied.

"Good point." He said laughing a little.

"Now who was the second person?" Fantasia asked herself, "Oh, right. It was the woman that sold me my first wig. She also wore a wig because of her trich. I only met her the one time. The third person was Sally. I met her my sophomore year of high school. She was a freshman and we had study hall together. It didn’t take long before I noticed her pulling her hair out, too. She didn’t do it very much so I was the only one who noticed. After I explained to her what it was she refused to talk about it. We were friends for three years and she only brought it up once."

"Why wouldn’t she talk about it?" Joey asked confused.

"I wish I knew." Fantasia replied.

"Was there anybody else?" Joey asked.

"Yeah, one more. About seven or eight years after I started pulling my hair out, a woman at my church confessed to me and my mom that she also has trich. This woman has known me my whole life. She knew when I started pulling. She knew we didn't understand what I was doing." Fantasia said.

"Why'd it take her so long to say anything?" Joey asked.

"That's what I'd like to know." Fantasia replied, "But it get worse. The woman had a daughter the same age as me. The daughter, Stacy, knew about her mom's trich and she knew about my trich, but she still wouldn't be friends with me."

"That's awful!" Joey said.

"Well, she was another stuck-up, prepy cheerleader. She would rather stand back and feel sorry for me than actually be friends with me and risk ruining her reputation." Fantasia said.

Twenty minutes later the pizza was gone. As Joey cleared away the box and other trash he asked, "What are some of the things those mean kids did to you?"

"Why would you want to know that?" Fantasia asked confused.

"Well, I don't want to buy you something and wind up pissing you off because somebody used something like it to play a practical joke on you." He explained.

Fantasia was quite surprised. "Actually, that could very easily happen. Although, nobody's ever cared enough to ask me that before. They always tell me that I just need to get over it. And it's not that simple." she said.

Joey sat back down next to her, pulled her into his arms and asked, "So what should I avoid?"

"Well, the number one thing is never, ever, ever buy me red carnations." Fantasia said.

"The flower? Why?" Joey asked confused.

Fantasia sighed and started to explain, "When I was in seventh grade, for Valentine's Day you could buy your boyfriend or girlfriend a single red carnation for about $3.00. I got two of them! As soon as I saw the names of the boys that sent them I knew it was nothing but a cruel joke. My parents were sure I had a secret admirer, but I knew that wasn't possible."

At this point Fantasia couldn't even look at Joey anymore. Joey just hugged her tight. That had to be the cruelest practical joke that he had ever heard of! "What about another color carnation, like pink?" he asked still holding her close.

"I guess that would be ok, as long as they are mixed with something else." she replied.

"Is there anything else I should avoid?" Joey asked.

Fantasia nodded and said, "Even though I collect Beanie Babies, there is one that will never be in my collection."

"Which one?" Joey asked, not sure what this had to do with the kids making fun of her.

"Baldy the Bald Eagle. Two of the more popular names for me were Baldy and Bald Eagle." she explained.

"Well, I don't blame you. I wouldn't want it either." Joey said with a smile. Fantasia just smiled back at him. She was just happy that he was being so understanding.

Joey held her tight and kissed her. As they laid there making out Joey's hands started to roam. As his hands moved farther down her body and over her perfectly round ass he could feel her body tense up under his hands. Joey realized that she wasn't used to having a guy touch her like that and decided to back off a little. He moved his hands back up her body and just held her tight. After another minute or so, Joey reached up and pulled her wig off. Startled, Fantasia pulled back slightly and looked at him confused. Before she had a chance to say anything Joey said, "I like you better this way." Fantasia's eyes softened and she dove back in for another kiss.

When they broke apart about half an hour later Joey asked, "Is there anything that you wanted to ask me?" Fantasia thought for a second before a wicked looking grin started to spread across her face. The look on her face was making Joey a little nervous, wondering what she was going to ask.

After what seemed like forever to Joey, Fantasia finally asked, "How many He-Man action figures did you have as a kid?"

Joey just about fell over from shock. That was not what he was expecting! "I don't know… about thirty or forty. How'd you even know that I played with He-Man?" Joey replied.

"I read about it somewhere, but now I can't think where." she replied.

"And why would you want to know something like that?" Joey asked still confused.

"Because He-Man is only the coolest cartoon from the '80s." Fantasia explained.

"You like He-Man?" Joey asked shocked.

"What kid from the '80s doesn't like He-Man?" she replied.

Joey just smiled and asked, "So, who's your favorite character?"

"Orko and Cringer." Fantasia replied, "What about you?"

Joey slowly said, "I liked… ah… ah… I can't remember." They both just started laughing. Joey was still trying to think who his favorite character was. "This is going to drive me nuts! I'm going to call my mom. She'll know." he said grabbing his cell phone off the nightstand. "Hey, mom. Who was my favorite He-Man character?" Joey asked once she picked up on the other end.

"Don't you remember?" his mom asked a little surprised, "It was Ram-Man. You carried that action figure wherever you went."

"Oh, right!" he said as the memories started to come back to him.

"Oh, Joey, that reminds me." his mom, Phyllis, continued, "I was doing a little cleaning the other day and I found a She-ra figure that's still in the package."

"She-ra? Isn't that He-Man's sister?" he asked.

"Yes." both Fantasia and Phyllis replied.

Joey could tell by the look on her face that Fantasia liked She-ra, too. He filled her in on what his mom just told him. Fantasia's eyes grew bigger than he had ever seen them before.

"Which one?" she asked.

Joey relayed the question to his mom. "Let's see… I have it right here. I was going to ask you if you had any ideas what to do with it." Phyllis said, "Ah, here it is. Her name is Spinnerella?"

"Spinnerella?" Joey asked thinking the name was rather strange. At this point Fantasia's eyes nearly popped out of her head! She pounced on Joey, knocking him flat on his back. Joey just laid there completely stunned as Fantasia grabbed the phone out of his hand and screamed, "You have a mint on card Spinnerella! She's worth over $1,000!"

"WHAT!?!" Joey and Phyllis shrieked. At this point Fantasia realized that she had Joey pinned to the bed and moved off of him.

"Are you sure about this?" Phyllis asked Fantasia.

"It really depends on what kind of condition it's in, but yeah. If it's at least in descent shape then you could get $1,000 easy!" she said.

"So I'm guessing that you don't have this one." Phyllis replied.

"I've never even seen one!" Fantasia said, "Well, I've seen pictures of her, but I've never seen one in person. You should really put it up on ebay. I'd buy it from you, but I don't have that kind of money."

After a few more minutes of talking, Fantasia handed the phone back to Joey. He said good-bye to his mom and went back to his date with Fantasia. She curled up in his arms and they went back to talking about anything and everything. Only stopping every now and then to make out some more. Several hours later, at about 1:30 am, Joey was talking when he happened to look down at Fantasia. She had fallen asleep in his arms. Joey just smiled and kissed her on the top of her head. She looked so peaceful and happy that he didn't want to disturb her. Joey took off her shoes and tucked her into bed. Then he went to get himself ready for bed. As he climbed into bed next to Fantasia, Joey couldn't help thinking I hope she doesn't kill me in the morning. As he laid down next to her, he pulled Fantasia into his arms and held her tight. "Goodnight, Fantasia. I love you." He whispered and kissed her on top of her head.

The next morning Fantasia woke up to Joey smiling back at her. Fantasia sat bolt upright in bed. For a split second she didn't remember where she was or what she was doing there. "Why didn't you wake me up?" she asked.

"I didn't want to disturb you." he replied, "Didn't you sleep well?"

"It's not that. I slept great. It's just that…." Fantasia said trailing off.

"Just what?" Joey asked sitting up, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her close.

"It's just that… well, first of all I wasn't expecting to stay here all night. And second… you just gave me everything I've ever wanted."

"Huh?" Joey asked confused. Normally he would assume that something like that would mean because he was Joey Fatone of *Nsync, but there was something in her voice that was telling him there was more to it then that.

"I really don't know how to explain it." Fantasia continued, "I don't know why, but ever since I was little, I've always gotten really lonely at night. When I was little I wanted to go sleep with my parents, but I couldn't. I knew my dad would just yell at me. Then as I got older I wanted a guy, but that just was never an option for me. Why do you think I like stuffed animals so much?"

Joey was speechless. Not knowing what to say he just pulled her onto his lap, held her tight and kissed her. When they broke apart about ten minutes later Joey said, "You can come stay in my room whenever you want. I'll gladly be your teddy bear."

Now Fantasia didn't know what to say. She just curled up on his lap and rested her head against his chest. They just sat there holding each other. After a few minutes they decided they better get up and get ready for the day. As Fantasia moved off his lap she finally noticed Joey's pajamas and grinned. His pajama pants had little Superman symbols all over them and he was wearing his "Super Joey" T-shirt.

"What, you can wear a *Nsync nightgown, but I can't wear Superman pajamas?" Joey asked with a grin.

"I didn't say a word." Fantasia replied still grinning. She thought he looked adorable!



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story