Author's Chapter Notes:
hey guys, i'm about to go out and party for my sisters 22nd bday so i think i'd drop this to you before i left. Enjoy and Review thanks
“Okay Daisy if you could take it from the top of page thirty two of scene eight that would be great” asked the director behind the desk as he watched the two people in front of him.

“Oh page thirty two? Scene eight? Sorry I um...I thought oh god weren’t we going to do page twelve and scene three? That’s the only page I’ve been able to memories so far” asked the girl with panic written on her face.

“Did you just get the script or something?”

The girl looked towards the man in front of her who she had a had a crush on for years and finally here she was in front of him and some movie big wigs begging for a chance.

She giggled while lightly touching his forearm “No of course not honey, I’ve had the script for well over a month, but I’ve been working all day every day on this one scene I thought we were going to read for this one scene that’s all. Is it ok if we try that?”

Justin turned from the girl in front of him who had been hitting on him ever since she had walked into the room twenty minutes ago. At first he thought today would be fun. He would get to practically pick his leading lady in his new movie, and so far all day long had been hot girls rubbing on him.

Other than their pretty faces and bodies to look at his day had been a drag. Yes they all may have been hot but he couldn’t see spending six months making a movie with these girls.
‘I could see spending a good half and hour in the sack with them though’ Justin thought to himself with a smirk making it’s way to his face.


“Justin you there man?”

Justin’s head turned towards they guys at the other end of the table.

“I’m sorry what was that I was gone for a minute there” he chuckled while shifting his gaze to Trace who had the same smirk on his face as he looked at the girl in front of Justin, sizing her up and down which cause Justin to slightly shake his head at his friend even thought he did the same thing a mere two minutes ago.


“We were just saying that if you didn’t mind, if you would be able to do the scene that Daisy said she memorized just so we can start wrapping this up”

“Oh yeah sure no worries guys whatever to help the pretty lady right?” answered Justin while giving a wink to Daisy in front of him, causing her to blush and once again stroke his forearm. ‘Man these Hollywood chicks can be so easy. At least if I want I may get a fuck out of this shit’ thought Justin and anything for the greater good was his reasoning.


“Okay its set then whenever you guys are ready we’ll role the tape now and action”

The scene took longer than anyone thought. The scene that Daisy had supposedly spent so much time memorizing had been twisted with another scene so she ended up jumping ahead two more scenes while looking at Justin like he was crazy for not knowing what was going on. She also had to ask for her lines quite a few times causing everyone to wonder why in the world this girl would choose a profession where memorizing lines was key.

“Dude what was up with that chick? I mean yeah she was hot and all but damn I think she was more interested in seeing you than taking this thing seriously” an amused Trace said while looking at Justin who was taking a drink of water from a bottle while waiting for the next girl to come audition.

“Yeah I know what you mean, it took her all of two minutes to write her number down and pass it to me when we were done” he chuckled

Trace just smirked in response not surprised at all, he’d seen it happen many times before. Both guys turned their heads towards the door that had just opened and to the two people who had just walked in.


“Belinda come on Steven didn’t mean for it to come out as bad as he did” a desperate Chloe said to a frustrated Belinda

“Chloe he practically screamed at me and told me I was a being a spoilt bitch, how am I meant to not take that as bad?”

“Well you did say some pretty catty things to that Meredith lady what else is he meant to do now that he has some damage control to do”

“You say it like I leaned over and slapped the woman I just bloody set her straight that’s all, and in as nicest way that I could” Belinda said with a slight chuckle

“Yeah I’m sure girl. Just try and stay in check next time that’s all we ask ok”

“I’ll be your perfect little robot girl how’s that?” Belinda said with sarcasm pouring out of her

“Well hello there ladies”

Belinda and Chloe both looked over to notice four people staring in their direction all with smirks on their faces after watching the interaction between the two.

“Oh hi, sorry about that. I’m Belinda I’m here for the…”

“The audition, we know honey that’s why we are all here. And might I say what a good interview you did this morning on the TV, it was quite funny watching you put Meredith in her place” laughed the director while shaking Belinda’s hand.

Belinda shook the mans hand while looking at Chloe with ‘see I did a good thing’ written on her face.

“Well I’m definitely glad I could make it today my schedule has been booked solid today but I’m dying to read for this part, I just fell in love with the script when I read it”

“Well let’s get started then. I’d like to introduce you to Justin Timberlake, you’ll be reading opposite him today” the director said while waving his arm at Justin to come over and meet Belinda

“Hi nice to meet you I’m Belinda” she said while shaking Justin’s hand

“Hi Justin and like wise nice to meet you” he said while not so subtly checking her out up and down with a smile on his face ‘oh yeah I like what I see’ he thought


“Ok kids let’s roll with it. Belinda is there any scene you would like to start from at all?” asked the director wanting to cut any chance of false starts this time around after Daisy

“No sir anywhere you want to start is good for me, I’ve got it all up here” she said while tapping the side of her head

“Oh ok wonderful well how bout we start at scene eight page thirty two” he said wanting to test this girl on her acting abilities and this scene was sure to do it. He’d heard the murmurs about Belinda Carpenter and wanted to know what all the fuss was about the new girl in town.

“Sure no worries” replied Belinda while placing her bag down with Chloe and walking over to the spot that Justin was standing at.

***Scene eight page thirty two****

“Ryan I don’t understand what you’re trying to tell me. You said you were willing to wait you knew we had to take things slow” Belinda said getting straight into character.

Justin sighed getting into character and also for thanks that at least this one girl seemed to know what she was doing.

“Rose I told you I would wait, but I don’t know how long you think I’m able to do that. All I asked was for a chance, a chance to know you. The real you, not the shell of a girl I first meet and the girl I still see standing before me”

“Dammit Ryan, I’m trying I am. How many times do I have to plead with you?”

“You don’t need to plead I know…”

“Well you screaming at me about who I am isn’t helping. You know I’m guarded I told you that from the start, I told you I have trouble opening up to people you know my story…you just know” she said while letting a tear fall from her eyes.

‘Damn she’s really getting into this’ thought Justin.
“I know Rose I know, I just…I just thought you said I was different. I didn’t hurt you Rose I’m not them I didn’t leave you, I’ve been here the whole time waiting, hoping that just something, anything would be different in time.” He said while touching her arm softly

Belinda looked up at Justin with such a sad expression it made Justin moved back a bit, shocked that she was so into character just for an audition.

“I hoped you were different Ryan I really did. And I know you’re not them but I just need time, just give me some time”

“I gave you time Rose, I’m just not sure how much more time I have to give I’m sorry”
*****

There was silence in the room. Five people just starred at the two people who stood in front of them in awe. All the while Belinda was cursing herself for getting so into the scene and letting herself tear up. Ever since she read the script she knew she had to do it, she felt the character Rose was her or at least the way she was feeling was the way Rose had been written and Belinda felt compelled to own this role.


“Well I think that was the best damn audition we have seen all day don’t you guys?” asked the director while looking at the other two guys at the table, who both nodded their heads in agreement.

“In that case Belinda thank you and if you want to just go wait outside for us we’ll talk for a little and let you know what we decide”

Belinda nodded her head while thanking them and moving to grab her bad and walking straight out the door with Chloe on her heels.

“Belinda that was just…”

“Shit I know I think I totally blew it Chloe I mean I just got so lost in it, they sure aren’t going to pick me” Belinda said while holding her head in her hands.


“Bel honey, come on didn’t you hear them they said it was the best audition they had had all day, you nailed it I’m sure of it”

“I hope your write Chloe I really want this part, I need this part”

“You’ll get it don’t worry and besides you owned it. Plus just think when you get it you’ll get to do all those make out and love scenes with Justin, now what I wouldn’t give to be ten years younger and single woohoo” said Chloe while fanning her face, trying to get Belinda to crack a smile

“Only you Chloe would see that as the only reason to get the role, only you”
********
“So I think we have found our leading lady what do you guys think Justin?” Asked the director while looking at the other men
Justin stood looking at the door at which Belinda had left. He couldn’t stop thinking about the sad look she had on her face, but what got him the most was her eyes. Her eyes looked so defeated and sad he just couldn’t get them out of his head.

“Yo Justin they’re talking to you man wake up” chuckled Trace while punching him in the arm

“What? Oh yeah, yeah I agree with ya’ll she was good, if not the only good one we’ve had all day. But it’s not up to me I’ll go with whatever ya’ll decide”

“Good we all agree then”
*******

The door beside Belinda opened to reveal the director

“Well Miss Carpenter I hope you don’t have any plans in the coming six months because you my dear are our new leading lady” he informed the two ladies while smiling at them

Belinda sat there shocked. She couldn’t believe she got it, she thought she had totally tanked in there but here he was telling her the role was hers. She sat there breathing out not realizing she had held her breath when the director had stepped out, feeling that she was finally ready she got up and started jumping up and down with Chloe who hadn’t stopped talking about her make out sessions that were going to happen between her and Justin soon.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story