Author's Chapter Notes:
what's that you say 2 updates in one week?? I told you my laptop would come in handy lol
Music was playing in the empty suite and slight clicking could be heard as a pencil tapped against the buttons of a calculator, ending with a groan as Belinda worked out her sums. Being away from home didn't mean she didn’t have to pay the bills she would normally if she was there. Currently she sat at the dining room table in Justin's suite trying to work them out. Staring at her in the face begging for payment were her electricity, phone, mortgage for her apartment, insurance you name it and they all seemed to be due.
Adding on to her expenses was having to pay Big Rob for his services because unlike Justin she didn't have the backing of a record company to pay for him being around. He wasn't currently on set with her at the moment as she was only just shooting the movie and wasn't doing any promotion or anything else for that matter and she felt it was a little unnecessary for him to be hanging around just to be bored out of his mind.

Sliding her glasses onto her face that she used for when she was working on her computer she then began typing in all the sums into her laptop. She liked to keep a record of everything so that if the time ever came that she needed it, it would be right where she wanted it, some called it being anal but she like to think she was just prepared for anything. It didn't hurt that she could remember back when she had first left to LA and only had limited funds to survive on, well those funds soon began to run dry and she found herself like every other wannabe actor waiting tables, doing reception and the odd retail job here and there just to pay rent, living on a tight budget with no breathing room for the odd splurge. Working as many jobs as possible was essential to her as she didn't want to be one of those people who ran back home at the first sign of trouble, that and her parents had warned her that they wouldn't be her cash cow as they didn't agree with her choice to leave to begin with.
Keeping this in mind she was insistent in dealing with her funds whenever possible and didn't really wish to be back out flat on her ass again just because some guy behind a big old desk forgot to cross and t or dot an i.

Belinda felt a small sense of victory as she pressed save on her computer glad that she was able to get it over and done without having a minor freak out when seeing the numbers before her. Propping her head up with one hand she grabbed her coffee mug with the other as she felt a headache starting to form at the sides of her head. She didn't know if it was from working on her computer or the nervousness she felt about meeting Justin's mother, as much as she tried to convince herself that she wasn't nervous she couldn't help as it started to creep its way in. Label or no label she still felt like she had to make a good first impression towards the woman that was so close to the man that she was starting to have strong feelings for. She was also kind of hoping that Lynn would be able to divulge more information on Justin as she wanted to know the workings of the man inside and out but still felt her had somewhat of a barrier around himself that she kept running into, one she wanted nothing more than to burst her way through.

Closing her eyes she tried to will away her thoughts and think positive, I mean she wasn't a bad person, she would make a good impression anyway right?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Three people walked into the hotel suite unknown to the girl sitting at the table head still resting in her hand, music still playing.
Justin placed his mothers bag just inside the door as he walked over to where Belinda sat, leaving his mother to be an observer to the actions of her son and the woman he was or wasn't with. Lynn watched as he walked over to Belinda, placing his hand on the back of her neck and a kiss against her head as if to inform her of his presence without startling her, the tenderness he showed towards her did not go unnoticed by Lynn it was a sign in itself that he was more invested in her than he thought or wanted to admit.

"So they aren't together, together hey?" Lynn whispered to Trace as he came to stand next to her, feeling slightly like a child at how she worded her question to him

Taken a glance at the couple himself he too noticed the way they looked at each other but to him this wasn't anything new at all "I think he's to busy trying to lie to himself about the way he feels about Bel that he’s to busy to notice what’s staring him and everyone else right in the face" he admitted. When the conversation in the car started Trace had been dying to put his two cents in but knew that Justin would rip him a new one if he said too much

"So it is him holding back?"

"I guess in a way they both are, i mean it's not like she doesn't have her issues going on but she seems to like it when he wants to help her through her shit and be the knight in shinning armor, but he's still not telling her all that he could or letting her get too close to him in a sense" he said with a sigh "I want t say he's still hurting over Jess but i think it's more of an excuse than anything and to where Belinda is open to what they are or could move forward to being, he's still keeping her at arms length" he finished glad to get some of that off his chest. As much as he and JC had spoken about the two, JC didn't know all that had gone on with Justin in the last few years not like his mother did.

"Am i wasting time, hoping with this one?" she asked sadly looking back to the couple who had yet to acknowledge those in the room, still having a quite conversation between themselves

"We can't help but hope right?"


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Feeling a hand curve around the back of her neck and lips press against her head Belinda let a quite moan escape her mouth as she leaned her head back to look at Justin as he smiled down at her "Hey your back" she whispered

"Yeah we just got in. What have you been doing, and you’re wearing glasses" he stated never seeing her in them before

"How observant of you Randall" she cheeked smiling more as he put a slightly bit more pressure with his hand on her neck at her cheek "I was just doing my financial paperwork that’s all"

"You know that there are people who can do that for you?" he asked eyebrow raised slightly, surprised that she was doing this herself

"I know but I want to do it, makes me feel normal"

"And in control?" he asked knowing she didn't like it when people took too much control of the everyday things in her life, as she already felt not in control of enough things

"You know me too well"

"I know enough" he corrected "Now you ready to face my mom?"

Straightening her back to it's full height she could feel the nerves creeping their way back in "Do you think she's going to like me?" she could help but ask him

Sliding his hand from her neck and down the side of her face, he cupped her face in his hand, his thumb rubbing against her cheek trying to calm her somewhat "I think she'll adore you" he whispered placing a quick kiss to her lips "Now come meet her"

Belinda stood and grabbed her hand tugging her towards his mother and Trace stood as if watching the two

"Ma" he said pulling Belinda up next to him "I would like you to meet Belinda, Belinda this is my mother Lynn"

"It's so nice to meet you, I’ve heard so much about you" Belinda said reaching her hand foreword to shake Lynn's

"Likewise" Lynn said, shocked to see some manners coming out of the girl. The amount of times that Justin had introduced her to his flavors and they had either scrunched their nose up at the thought of shaking her hand or just barely mumbling a word to her before dragging Justin away, wanting him to introduce them to some big wig that would in sight.

"I hope you flight was ok" Belinda said shifting back slightly closer to Justin, enough for her some of her back to lean against him, trying to act as natural as possible and not show how utterly intimidated she was by the woman before her, calming slightly as Justin placed his hand at the curve of her back just above her backside and kneaded her muscles there

"Oh it was just fine, i got to get some paperwork done on my computer without waking up those around me, which is always a plus" Lynn replied not blind to the move but touched by the move none the less

"See Randall it's completely normal for one to do their own business instead of leaving others to do it" Belinda said turning slightly to look up at him

"Mmmhmm I still say your a bit of a control freak but hey what do I know, my dad does my finances" he said with a shrug

"Yeah you lazy ass, you never did like doing paperwork, even in school" Trace chimed in

"Shut up its one less thing you have to worry about"

"Now boys do I have to separate you two or can we play nice for a bit?" asked Belinda receiving a warm smile from Lynn

"Oh I’ll play nice" Justin said slyly as his hand moved lower on Belinda’s back dangerously closer to her backside

"Randall if that hand get's any lower you'll be playing nice with yourself for a while" she warned "I'm sorry, for the hormonal teenager standing behind me" she apologized jokingly towards Lynn as Trace laughed as Justin turned a light shade of pink

"Oh honey with you refereeing between these two and putting him in his place you have no need to apologize, I’m just glad they have someone around to knock them back down to earth" she said her smile widening as Trace stopped laughing now that he was in the mix

"I don't think it was a good idea for these two to meet J, I feel like I’m being ganged up on and it's even numbers"

"Oh hush Tracey, it isn't that bad. Now Belinda how about you come and tell me a little about yourself" Lynn said leading Belinda away from the boys "Justin be a doll and put my bags in a room for me please" she asked as they left the boys to stand in there watching the two walk away from them

"Well I’m just going to put it out there and say that I think those too are going to get along just fine" Trace laughed
Chapter End Notes:
i see ya reading now make my day tell me how ya like it...hell tell me if ya hate it lol


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story