The Truth About Lies

 

Chapter 10

"You have got to be kidding me!" Raven sighed looking up at the single condominium that sat right in the middle of a row of similar looking condos. Maia stepped out of the car, her mouth open in surprise.

" Had this been the surprise Hype was talking about?" Jocelyn suggested snapping a picture of the place and then the shocked looks on her friend’s faces. She stood on the ledge of the driver side leaning over the car and staring at was to be their new home. Maia felt a tear fall down her cheek, her joy inexpressible in words. All her life she had dreamed of a life like this, a life that was slowly coming together for her right now. She had worked so hard in New York, having been rejected so many times to the point where she believed there was no other direction in her life but Secrets Unfolded, at least there she was a star. But now, she stood in front of her new home and she was almost scared to touch the pavement, she had never lived anywhere so beautiful. Going from a farm to a shabby apartment in New York hadn’t prepared her for the lifestyle she was being offered now.

" Is this us?" Raven asked cautiously and Maia didn’t know how to answer. When had she ever signed the lease, she didn’t even have a key. Suddenly the door opened and an elegant looking woman came down the few steps and further down the pathway until she stood before all three of them. Her red hair blew in the air all around her cream colored suit. Disappointment crept into the heart of all three of them. She probably came to tell them to move their piece of trash from in front of her property.

" Maia Manadelno?" The woman spoke her name questionably looking equally at all three of the attractive girls that stood before her. She wasn’t quite sure which one was Maia, but by the looks of it Hype had found himself a deal. These three beautiful faces could make a big difference in the modeling scene, where had they come from? Frances Shields looked over them skeptically then frowned at their grey chevy. Suddenly a fit of laughter broke from her lips, what were these beautiful girls doing driving around in a chevy and not gracing covers of magazines.

" Uh hi, I’m Maia. And this is Raven Piccecco and Jocelyn Thomas." Maia introduced and the woman nodded knowingly.

" Well is the U haul going to arrive soon?" the woman asked brightly stepping closer and touching Raven’s wavy hair. She was surprised the girl didn’t leash out at her, afterall Hype did say they were from New York.

" U haul?" Maia asked confused.

" Yes with all your stuff." The woman nodded and then stepped over to Maia. Frances eyed this one, seeing why Hype had felt he struck gold. The girl was mesmerizing everything about her, even in her lamen state. Frances couldn’t even imagine what beauty she would possess after they really got her cleaned up.

" We have all our stuff in the trunk." The blonde haired girl smiled and Frances motioned for her to walk over to her. The girl followed suit and stood before her. Frances touched her face and then stepped back to examine her body. The girl was gorgeous, she wondered why she had never been in the industry. Why hadn’t any of them been?

" Oh I see." Frances sighed, trying not to laugh, these girls were adorable and obviously humble. She liked that in them. " By the way I’m Frances Shields. I’m the creator, chair person, and spokeswoman for Cover Girl Incorporation." All three of them gasped and quickly tried to correct their stance. " It’s ok, I don’t often meet people who are humble enough to be amazed." she laughed and the girls blushed.

" Maia is going to be working for Cover Girl?" Raven screeched.

" I don’t see why you all can’t. I mean of course we’ll have to clean you up, but you all have GREAT potential." Frances looked over their car and sighed.

" First and foremost, go take a look at your place and move everything in. I have a presentation to attend with Maybeline right now, so I’ll be back later. Be prepared to be pampered girls." she smirked and walked over to her own convertible BMW. " Oh and think about what kind of ride you want. I’m surprised you made it here in that." With that she stepped in her car and sped away.

" OK, can someone pinch me please." Maia muttered and Jocelyn moved to do the deed. " NO, not you!" she laughed and looked down at the three keys Frances placed in her hand. Tears then fell down her eyes, she couldn’t believe it. She looked to her friends and they shared in her happiness, tears streaming down both of their faces. Together they embraced and wiped each others tears. Grabbing each other’s hands they started up the pavement to their new home.

It felt as if they had been featured in an episode of Life Styles of the Rich and Famous where they did their annual charity event and had picked three urban girls that struggled too long to survive. No matter what the reason behind it all, none of them cared, the were just thankful it finally came along. Raven smiled happily standing in the middle of the loft that separated all three bed rooms on the upstairs portion of the house. Jocelyn was finishing up the spiral staircase, lugging her bag of clothes from the car and came face to face with a gushing Raven.

" Can you believe this, everything is furnished. We even have clothes hanging in our closet." Raven exclaimed and Jocelyn’s jaw dropped, she hadn’t even opened her closet door yet. She had been so hypnotized by the huge room with its deluxe king size bed and goose down bed spread.

" They even got food in the fridge!" Maia yelled from downstairs her head bent over into the oversized silver refrigerator that was only one amenity inside the huge kitchen. The counter and breakfast nook were made out of marble and the floor was an exquisite cream colored tile. The dishwasher sat on the side of the double sink with a purifying faucet. Maia screamed when she first stepped inside, she had always wanted a big kitchen. If there was one trace of farm living left in her, it was cooking capabilities.

Then a strange noise sounded through out the house. Raven and Jocelyn leaned over the rail and called down to Maia who ran out the kitchen, completing a t bird before landing on her feet.

" We have a phone!"

Jumping up and down Jocelyn hugged Raven who laughed at the pure joy in a feature she had been accustomed to but new it was something her friends had never had the luxury of possessing. Even on the farm, the two had phones.

" Well is someone going to pick it up." Raven inquired and Maia ran back into the kitchen to answer the black phone that sat on the wall.

" Hello?"

" Hey, Maia?" she recognized the voice as being Hype and she started right in on thanking him. " Whoa, whoa you deserve it hun. Now I suppose you met with Frances. She’s going to take care of you ok? I just talked with her and she’s reserving three 325 BMW’s on the lot. I’m calling because I need to know which colors’ you would all like." Maia made some sort of screeching sound and turned to Jocelyn and Raven who had already made their way down waiting patiently to hear the good news.

" BMW’S !" Maia screamed and calmed down to collect the colors.

" Okay, Green, black and silver." she replied.

" Okay I’m gonna make the down payment but you all will be responsible for car payments. The condo is covered for the next 18 months and there is about $5,000 in your bank account to get yourselves adjusted. Since I didn’t have Raven and Jocelyn’s information I put a lump sum in your account and I suggest those two head over to the bank and establish accounts. Frances will give you directions....." Hype continued on with more information that Maia forced herself to listen to even in her bewildered state. When he finished, Maia once again began thanking him.

" It’s all you Maia." he returned and made sure she had his number written down before hanging up. Jocelyn and Raven finally took a seat on the cushioned tall chairs provided by the breakfast nook, exhausted with joy.

" How?"

" The video shoot and Sasha Inc. Paid for my services. Hype just set everything up for me using that money so it wouldn’t be such a nuisance when we got down here. He just wants us to enjoy before we start getting to work." Maia replied in one breath and leaned against the wall. Even still she hadn’t believed this was happening. After moments of stunned silence Raven’s cell phone blared and she jumped before ripping it from her hip.

"Willy." she mouthed and turned on the phone.

" You fucking black ass whore.............." he yelled for all to hear since he had been put on speaker phone.

" Actually I’m Hispanic and African American." Raven replied calmly even though he hadn’t stopped yelling to acknowledge her. Unafraid of him now that they were thousands of miles away, the girls just laughed at his antics.

" Put a cork in it." Jocelyn yelled and Willy paused, his breathing growing harder and harder by the moment.

" I’ll swear you’ll pay. You both will pay, your nothing but fucking whores."

" Yeah then why you sweatin’ us?" Raven smirked. Maia laughed nervously, he had made the promise before and she truly believed he would do everything in his power to follow through with his promise. As long as he didn’t know how to get to them, they were fine. She just had to keep reminding herself that.

" Raven I’m gonna cut that fucking slick ass tongue out of your mouth and Maia. You better hope your lucky stars I don’t find you. I’ll torture you so bad you’d never have another THOUGHT about being with a man again." Maia shuttered visibly and Jocelyn moved to embrace her.

" GO jerk yourself assfucker!" Jocelyn yelled and hung up the phone. " HE can’t harm you Maia, hell your about to be a star. Stars don’t sweat the small fish." Jocelyn smiled and kissed Maia’s forehead. Raven crossed over and held her friend as well.

" He’s have to get through me first before he’d ever hurt you Mai." Raven promised, stroking her hair softly. " That bastard wouldn’t have anything left after he’s done with me." Raven chuckled and the girls giggled softly.

" He’s in the past, he can’t touch us now."

" Ready." Justin looked over the crowd of friends, his group members, and family members sitting in his living room and waited nervously for a response.

" Did we remove ALL the children from the room." Chris replied and the group laughed, Justin’s mom giving him a cautious eye. Justin nodded and thought better now than never and began the opening to his video. He was seated beside Joey and Trace- his best friend for all his life- on one of the three couches surrounding the 52' screen. He looked over at his mother and step father and hoped they would understand that just because their son implied that he had a sexual nature on the screen did not mean he had one in real life. He settled back just in time to feel his heart jump at the sight of her. The camera had even been able to capture her raw beauty and it unnerved him. He felt JC’s smirk on him and ignored his obvious knowledge of the state he found himself slowly falling back into again. He wondered if she was watching it or had she been to embarrassed to show her boyfriend?

" That’s a nice house." Nancy Fatone smiled and her husband nodded, his huge belly spilling into his lap. Joey gave Justin the look recognizing the part when Maia got out the car.

" Ooooh she’s beautiful J." Lynn exclaimed followed by an uproar of approvals.

" Very nice body, is she a model?" JC’s dad added receiving a look from JC’s mom Karen.

" Yeah, Did you know her personally?" Chris decided to venture just as the bedroom scene began. Justin glared over at his friend who looked ready to burst laughing. Suddenly the room grew silent just at the part when she approached Justin. It felt like eternity watching the entire scene over and not because of the shocked people surrounding him, but because of the replay of events in his mind all over again. He sucked in a harsh breath when the camera followed his hands over her and captured their kiss. It was such an intimate moment that he was sure everyone one in the room felt the were protruding in on a love scene. Silence remained for the entirety of the video and if there was one thing he could conclude from it, it was that the shock value of the video did have an effect. Turning the television off he finally decided too look around at everyone’s response.

" I dig it." Trace smiled high fiving his friend. Justin smiled and looked at Joe Sr. who nodded his approval while JC’s dad fixed his collar.

" Good dancing their son" Paul, his step father grunted.

" Mom?" Justin ventured and Lynn looked at her son.

" That was remarkable Justin. I loved it. SO clever and seducing, she was perfect." Lynn sighed and finally the woman began to comment with similar summations. Justin sighed in relief, she was perfect more perfect than he had wanted to admit.

" Oh yeah, Maia on TV." Raven sang spinning around the front of their living room. Jocelyn had already ran outside to alert the neighborhood that they had a star in the house. Maia sat transfixed on the television screen, only really not seeing the commercial for toothpaste but instead the scene with her and Justin. She hadn’t forgot, just being reminded by a visual sparked a new sensation. Instantly she was thinking of the way he kissed and touched her. It turned her on after one setting, she wanted to rewind the video and replay over and over the part which suggested their love making. Damn the suggestion of it anymore, Maia thought wanting to release all the pent up desire and energy on the one man she wanted more than ever.

" I can’t believe it girl. I see why you were stunned right after and even stunned now." Raven sighed taking a seat next to her. Maia held her breath because if she knew her friend, she knew it wouldn’t stop there. " And to think you told the GORGEOUS man you had a boyfriend. MMMMhhhmmm." Raven continued eyeing Maia out the corner of her eye. " Man o day is that boy fine..."

" Raven."

" I mean I would drink that man’s bath water. I declare I would drink that man’s bath water!"

" Raven."

" Do you know what you missed out on?" Finally Maia tackled her friend and they fell to the floor in a fit of laughter. " And to think all that could have been put to constructive use had you saddled him up before."

" Shut up." Maia sighed standing up and starting towards the door to retrieve Jocelyn before a neighbor called the cops on her. Raven definitely had a point.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story