The Truth About Lies

 

Chapter 11

"So you’re the one she’s out here making such a big ruckus about?!" Maia looked from her best friend to the striking young man standing on their lawn. He wore a pair of khaki shorts and a fitted white muscle shirt. He looked well toned and fit, with a handsome face constructed with dark features and dark hair. A soft smirk shaped his full mouth and Maia blushed under his stare.

" Caleb, meet Maia Manadelno. Cover Girl 2004." Jocelyn boasted proudly throwing a loving arm over her friend’s shoulder.

" Wow, but then again not very shocking." he replied cooly licking his lips suggestively. Maia looked at Jocelyn who shrugged and squeezed her arm.

" Are you trying to imply that you think my friend is beautiful?" Jocelyn ventured winking at the young man. He looked down, a soft laugh escaping his lips before looking back up directly at Maia.

" I apologize for insinuating, Maia...your beautiful." Perhaps her knees should have buckled and she should have swooned to the floor, but nothing took effect accept for the bashful blush that crossed her face. What was wrong with her, this was an obvious stud on her lawn? Within the first 18 hours of inhabiting her new property, a stranger had come to pass and proclaim her beauty. Why wasn’t she jumping all over his bones?

" Thank you, Caleb?"Maia smiled sweetly and touched her hair nervously. Nudging her side, Jocelyn pushed her forward.

" Unless you WANT the national world record for missed opportunities, get your ass down there." Jocelyn hissed in a rushed whisper. Feeling guilty and quite to blame for her current predicament of the heart she followed suit and moved down the lawn to where Caleb stood. Her heart should have been fluttering, the man was drop dead gorgeous. Then why could the only thought that crossed her mind be, he’s no Justin Timberlake.

" So what brings you to the front of my lawn?" Maia smiled approaching him. He gave her a boyish grin then looked towards the neighborhood.

" I live other there." he pointed to a well lit condo, right next door, with a black porsche parked in it’s driveway. Maia’s eyes moved to the condo,his car, then back to him. He’s a good catch, fish like that don’t stay in the pond forever.

" We’re you going to ask me out Mr......"

"Jones." he finished for her and stepped closer. Brushing a fallen strand from her face, he smiled warmly. Caleb Jones had never come across such a stunning woman with the right type of humbleness and cockiness in her mix. He was more than intrigued and couldn’t think of another woman he wanted more. She was captivating and he couldn’t resist himself the pleasure of escorting her around Miami. He laughed to himself, the obtrusive idea sparking a light humor within him. Maybe she could be the one.

" I see there is no beating around the bush with you, but Yes Maia I would love more than ever to take you out." He breathed, his hand lingering on her soft cheek. Maia smiled and blushed, unable to tell whether she was more pleased by the fact that he asked her out or that she had finally taken up on an opportunity that Raven and Jocelyn would be proud of.

" Well if that’s the case, shall meet right here tomorrow night say around 8?" Caleb agreed and gently kissed the back of hand before jogging back over to his pad.

The water splashed around Maia’s ankle while sitting propped up in a pink leather chair, prepping for a pedicure that was long overdue. Raven looked from her pink leather chair right beside Maia, down at the toes that were being massaged in the pool of water.

" Bout time." Raven murmured and Jocelyn gigged from the opposite side of Raven. Maia rolled her eyes and turned to see Frances sitting in a near by chair engrossed in a serious conversation on her cell phone. As promised, Frances had scheduled a day of pampering for the girls at the world famous Shay’s beauty parlor. It had just rounded to 10 o’clock in the morning, and the first thing on their schedule were pedicures. Frances had insisted that it was always better to work from the bottom up. Flashing a brief smile, Frances greeted her and then turned back to her conversation. When the girls woke up that morning , Jocelyn had noticed three BMW’s sitting outside their house. The keys were left in the mailbox, a note had been left on their door with instructions on where to find the keys. The girls had went wild and ran to each respective car. Jocelyn ran directly to her green BMW hugging the body of it as if the car was going to pick up and respond by giving her a big fat kiss. Raven danced over to her black BMW all the while taking pictures of it from the camera Jocelyn had brought along with them. Maia, the silver BMW that sat right in the middle being hers, walked over slowly. She was sure by now that she used up all her tears the day before so wasn’t surprised when one didn’t fall. She couldn’t believe this was all happening, it was so surreal. Luckily the girls had woke up early enough to catch the message on their machine that Frances would be meeting them at Shay’s, directions were posted in each girl’s car. The girls, already knowing what was in store for them, dressed and rushed out the door to begin there day of make overs.

" So I hear somebody has a date?" Raven sang splashing her toes in the water. Maia rolled her eyes, guessing that the two girls had of course eavesdropped from the window of the house while her and Caleb conversed.

" It’s not a date." Maia tried to dissuade them from believing that, for in her eyes it was just her getting to know him and Miami a little more. Maybe it sounded a little like a date.

" I believe the exact words were ‘ Are you trying to ask me on a date MR...’" Jocelyn repeated with exactness trailing off just as Maia had with Raven to come in and pick up the rest.

" Jones." Raven spoke deeply then bursted out into laughter.

" You two need to get lives." Maia laughed, shaking her head.

" So said the person whose still searching for one." Raven quipped and turned back to her hair magazine. After their pedicures they were scheduled for hair. Maia sighed closing her eyes and wondering why it was that she had still ben searching for life. In fact, Raven couldn’t have made a more accurate summation. She had almost tasted life, it had kissed her on the lips. Then again, that was one of the missed opportunities Jocelyn spoke of. Maia hated the feeling, couldn’t stand the regretting. She vowed not to let it happen again, she wouldn’t miss out next time. Sighing in content, Maia made plans to make the most out of her evening with Caleb. Who knows what can come of it?

Justin walked inside of Shay’s were he had sent his mom for a day of appreciation. He hated going inside, afterall it was a woman’s parlor and there wasn’t one sole inside that didn’t recognize him. Running a hand over his head he looked over the room in search of his mother. She said she would be at the hair station so had come to the right room, which was the orange room right next to the nail salon. His eyes ran over the women sitting under the dryers and chairs provided at each stationed. Finally saw his mom sitting next to a woman whose face was covered in a mud mask. He walked over to his mother who busied herself looking in a magazine.

" Hey beautiful." he smiled and his mother looked lovingly up at him, batting her eyes and standing to hug him. His eyes briefly glanced at the girl beside her who looked stunned at his presence, smiled sweetly then turned back to his mother. Probably just a fan, he thought touching the soft strands of his mother’s fresh curls.

" I see somebody got the curly perm"

" Stop its all natural." Lynn blushed grabbing her purse and escorting her son out the shop. Just as Justin and his mom made their exit, Maia came in - her face now completely covered with mud and took the seat beside Jocelyn. Looking over her friend, Maia wondered what had come over here.

" Let me guess, you saw Ru Paul." Maia laughed and Jocelyn swallowed hard. No actually Justin Timberlake, Jocelyn thought without saying a word. She thought about the situation and came to the conclusion that it would only ruin Maia’s plans for the night. Of course upon hearing that Justin Timberlake was now in Florida, even present in Miami, Jocelyn new her friend would back out of her scheduled date. Not wanting to risk it, Jocelyn finally closed her mouth and looked down at her magazine.

" No, your wrong. I saw Dennis Rodman."

" Here?" Maia exclaimed and Jocelyn nodded hating that she was lying to her friend especially about seeing Justin, but she convinced herself. It was for the best, the girl just didn’t act rationale when it came to the superstar. Besides, what was wrong with a little white lie ?

 

" Has he crossed the lawn yet?" Raven called down to Jocelyn who was stationed at the window looking out to see if the sext bachelor had made his way over to pick up Maia for their date. Raven was upstairs in Maia’s bathroom applying her makeup, which came from the salon they had spent the day at. Pushing a fallen curl behind her ear, Raven continued to concentrate. Maia had been so amazed by the transformation of each girl by the end of the day. Raven had chopped off 6 inches of her hair and now sported a sexy curly bob that framed her heart shaped face perfectly. Maia felt like fingering one of the rich curls but new that Raven would snap, after all no one was allowed to touch her hair 24 hours after it was done.

" It’s 7:30 ya’ll." Maia laughed rolling her eyes.

" Punctuality is nice. But when a guy comes early you know he’s all about you." Raven explained and motioned for Maia to rub her lips together.

" Thank you!" Jocelyn exclaimed from downstairs agreeing with Raven’s comment. Jocelyn had cut an inch of her beautiful blonde hair and now adorned light bangs that went perfect with her beautiful face. They highlighted her hair so it looked wonderful and accented her emerald green eyes perfectly.

" Okay what do you think?" Raven gushed turning Maia to the mirror. Touching her face, Maia marveled at the sight. She looked amazing. Her own hair had been layered for added thickness and rinsed so that her natural dark brown hair shown through. Raven had spent an hour on her makeup and had done a completely perfect job. With all nude colors, she gave Maia a natural look that glossed with sexiness.

" Beautiful Raven." Maia smiled and stood to examine her bra and panties.

" Finally they match." Raven teased and Maia hit her. They were waiting for Jocelyn to yell up what Caleb was wearing so Maia wouldn’t overdress or underdress for the occasion. They had hit all the stores after the parlor so there was more than enough to choose from. Suddenly Jocelyn called up from downstairs.

" HE’s wearing something nice!"

" Don’t get TOO detailed." Raven yelled back and Maia was sure he overheard them.

" I think he hears us" Jocelyn yelled up and Maia laughed out loud. Raven rolled her eyes and walked out to the loft.

" Formal or semi formal?" she whispered .

" Semi formal." Jocelyn whispered back and moved to answer the door. Maia walked over to the closet and pulled out a black jersey dress that she remembered fitting quite perfect at the store earlier. Raven returned to her room with a pair of tea green stiletto sandals with matching dangle earrings. Raven was one for accessories. Maia thanked her and dressed quickly, not wanting to keep Caleb waiting if he had made reservations.

JC smoothed his hair back while staring into the hallway mirror of the Justin’s house waiting for the pretty boy to finally grace them all with his appearance. Joey and Chris sat in the living room watching videos while they waited to go out to ‘Galaxy’s club premiere. What the hell was he doing, JC thought looking up the steps listening for any movement upstairs.

" Did someone mention to Justin that the club premiere was tonight and not NEXT WEEK." Chris called out and JC laughed at his sarcasm.

" I don’t know what you rush is for, you can’t dance anyway." Justin teased walking down the steps. He wore a black jersey tee and black slacks that made him look like a Calvin Klien model. So simple, yet so fresh.

" And here he comes to outshine us all." JC announced and laughed hugging his friend. " Man I feel like I haven’t seen you in years. How long ago did you go upstairs to get dress?" Justin rolled his eyes and stepped outside. The other four came out and separated into their consecutive cars, all except Chris who had been forbidden to be seen anywhere in public with both his hooptie and them. He hopped in the car with Justin and they started off to Galaxy were the party was beginning. Adjusting his music to allow him to concentrate on his own thoughts, Justin began thinking about what he wanted out of the night. He looked damn good, if he must say so himself, and it made no sense for him to be fretting over the unattainable. He was a bachelor and he be damned if he stayed that way stressing over a girl that was already taken. She made it clear that she was happy where she was, so as far as he was concerned she could stay there. He was done with chasing a dream.

" You cool?" Chris finally asked looking at his friend.

" Just got better." Justin smiled and Chris smiled turning up the music. He was so glad his friend was coming back.

" The boy is back!"

 

Caleb’s eyes feasted upon her in a desire that he had to choke back on before he scared the life out of her. She looked so good, too good for him to remain in control. He noticed Raven and Jocelyn wink at her and wondered if they knew something he didn’t. Whether or not he felt damn lucky to have her on his arm tonight.

" You look good." Maia smiled walking up to him an placing a kiss on his cheek.

" You look amazing." he gushed and cleared his throat in an attempt to calm down. Her perfume snaked into his senses and he felt himself grow excited.

" SO where to?" Raven asked breaking the silence, looking pleased with the outcome. She noted that he was even more handsome close up, still no Justin Timberlake though she thought grimly. But hey he would work. He’d definitely work.

" I just opened a club Galaxy downtown." he announced and laughed at the three shocked faces. Perhaps they didn’t recognize him as being the top guy on the organized club scene, he owned fifty across the States and thirty-two over seas.

"Ok wow!" Jocelyn sighed and smiled happily.

" That’s amazing Caleb." Maia gushed and looked to her friends.

" Yeah, we gotta get going. It’s premiere night. Hey girls why don’t you get dressed and come down. You can monitor us on our first date." he smiled winking at Maia. He obviously had no idea how much they’d love that. As he began writing down directions Jocelyn and Raven ran upstairs to get dressed. He dropped two VIP passes before heading out the door with Maia.

" By the way did I tell you you are beautiful."

" Yes, but it’s always a good thing to hear over and over again." Maia smiled falling into his arms and walking over to his porcshe.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story