Author's Chapter Notes:
okay...I promise the story is finished I just haven't added the rest. I will be doing so shortly...
The Truth About Lies

 

Chapter 12

The crisp night hair whipped past Justin and ruffled under a tall slender girls layered skirt who was making her way past him into line. Licking his lips, he decided that he couldn’t have picked a better night to come out of his shell. Lightly touching her arm, she turned around slowly and he felt like pausing the moment to perform a victory dance, he had definitely stopped a hot one.

" Victim # 1." JC laughed joining Chris and Joey on the other side of Justin, all of them watching their friend in action. JC had to admit that he was finally happy to see the Justin he remembered, he had almost forgot what a smooth playa he could be. He was almost fooled, thinking Justin had fallen himself in love and couldn’t find his way out of it. JC almost thought he grew up, but as he saw it right that moment watching his friend in action, the boy hadn’t changed much at all. Then again who was he to talk. He had cheated before, but he wouldn’t deem himself a cheating man. Only he couldn’t turn away from Raven, and he couldn’t blame anyone else for his lack of resistance when it came to her. He knew to stay away from Secret’s Unfolded, knew what would happen to him there if he ever went back. He would drive himself mad wanting something that he just couldn’t have. If he could just hold her, kiss her, make love to her, he could change her mind. He gave her everything he had that night, his all, yet it couldn’t keep her there. He sighed pushing the thoughts out of his head. He was now back in Florida with his girlfriend Angela thousands of miles away from Raven. Tuning back into Justin’s antics, JC laughed realizing Justin was searching for the valet to hand him his keys, he already scored!

" Whoa, whoa...this is just the night hasn’t even begun." JC intervened grabbing hold of Justin’s shoulders and winking at the anxious blonde haired vixen. Justin cast his friend a devious glare and followed the girl he came to know as Gabriel into the club amiss Joey and Chris.

" Payback is a bitch, just remember that Father JC." Justin whispered walking into the smoky club that glistened with sweaty bodies, alcohol, lights and beautiful women.

" Awwww, hell yeah!" Justin exclaimed bouncing to the music.

" What was that?" JC teased stepping into the beat as they made their way to the floor.

"I KNOW YOU LIKE TO THANK YOU SHIT DON"T STINK, BUT LEAN A LITTLE BIT CLOSER....ROSES REALLY SMELL LIKE MMMMMMMMMHHHHHHMMMMMHHHMM!!" Jocelyn, Maia and Raven stood in a small circle dancing to Outkast while still managing to look like the poster childs for Cosmopolitan. Maia laughed as both Jocelyn and Raven did the choreographed steps to the video pointing to her as Caroline. Following in Maia started prepping her hair and applying her makeup to the music. The girls laughed, having too fun of a time busting it up on the floor. Maia looked up towards the DJ box to see Caleb staring at her. He looked symbolic, standing against the light holding a drink with both the sleeves to his red tunic shirt rolled halfway up his arm. Winking Maia fell right into the beat of Cassidy " Don’t Get No Better" singing the chorus to him without missing a beat. He laughed, toasting his glass up to her and winked back.

" Look at Miss Thang." Raven whispered loudly to Jocelyn who was lost in the beat, rocking her body hard against the beat. Maia winked at her friend, and put a thumbs up to the outfit she was working the hell out of. Raven looked super sexy in a black lace off the shoulder cropped shirt and matching shorts. Her legs were glossed and wrapped with a thin black strap up to her knee caps. She dripped with sex appeal and Maia made it a note to borrow the outfit on a future outing. Turning to Jocelyn who had found herself an attractive dance partner, Maia laughed. The man looked down at Jocelyn in shock when as she put it on him moving in sync with the beat. Jocelyn had always been a good dance and she knew how to back it up. Maia had to once talk her out of trying out for a rap video called " Boody poppin". The blonde haired green eyed beauty wore a Celtics green cropped and fitted jersey shirt with a matching mini tennis skirt, baseball socks and Celtic colored converses. Even in the sporty outfit, she still had heads turning. Suddenly Jocelyn’s favorite song came on " Back that thing up" and the man she danced with had to reluctantly let her go so she get her girls and back it up. Maia laughed watching Raven and Jocelyn go wild deciding that she would join Caleb and continue on with their date. Looking up at him she signaled for him to meet her and he nodded pointing to a secluded corner. Maia smiled, excusing herself to meet up with him. She was stunned by how many people had showed up, then again she wasn’t the place was huge. She had a chance to see it before anyone stepped foot inside and she was set back by its beauty, sexiness and size. She had never before seen a club so hot, and she lived in New York. There were cages and three stages with tables for DJ’s. There was even a second level made out of glass that sat right in the middle of the club. She had wanted to go up there before, but Caleb had to stay ground level to make sure everything went smoothly for the opening of the club. Walking towards the secluded corner she saw Caleb looking at her his mouth curved in a seductive smile. Briefly her eyes scanned the audience and she saw a quick shot of him standing at a near by table. Her breathe caught in her throat, he couldn’t possibly be there, she thought stopping dead in her tracks. Her eyes searched the area once more, having lost sight of him, and there he was reappearing with a soft smile playing off his mouth. Her heart began racing, he began laughing and moving towards the other side of the table. Maia moved forward to see who it was he had been seated with and finally saw a slender leg stick out from the side. Gasping, she felt a jab in her heart and balled her hand into a fist.

" What’s wrong beautiful?" Caleb whispered bringing his hands to her face, his mouth placing soft kisses on her earlobe. She couldn’t believe it, he was kissing another girl. His lips were planted on her mouth, his hands groping the sides of her. Maia’s stomach twisted at the sight. Meanwhile Caleb’s hands traveled down the front of her body, his body pressing harder onto her, his breath leaving its mark on her neck. She couldn’t believe it watching as the girl’s head dipped back, reminding her of the way her own body had responded to him and suddenly felt nauseous. The girl’s expression mimicked her own, how dare he! She couldn’t believe it, she kept thinking all the while ignoring Caleb’s passionate kisses on her neck. She really couldn’t believe it, what was worse was that she couldn’t believe he was looking at her. Just then, as if fate had it in it’s mind to play games that night ‘Cry Me A River’ blared through the speakers.

" Aaaaaaa."Maia breathed in and Caleb smirked at her response. Justin by this time moved from towering over the girl at his table and stared blankly at Maia. Her mouth was parted and she hadn’t realized that Caleb had taken it as a suggestion, so was caught fully off guard when his tongue plunged deeply into her mouth. He leaned her back and Maia at first thought to resist him, but then subsided the thought. Hadn’t Justin been the one about to ravish a girl at an open table in the middle of a club. When Caleb pulled her back up Maia looked instinctively over at Justin and read the anger seeping from him.

The damage is done so I guess I’ll be leaving

He rose with a start towards her and Maia quickly grabbed Caleb’s hand moving them towards the steps that would lead them to the secluded second level. She didn’t say one word until they safely made it up the steps and he locked the door to the entrance. Finally deciding to offer an explanation to her actions, Maia sighed to turn towards him.

" I...." she started and had been set back by his rough breaths and sexy demeanor. He looked painstakingly sexy standing across from her awaiting a response. For a moment, Maia lost track of what to say. What could she say? She hadn’t meant to kiss him? What was worse is that she couldn’t even decipher whether she actually enjoyed the kiss or had she done it to justify her anguish upon seeing Justin with another girl. She felt herself going crazy.

" It’s ok." Caleb smiled and moved towards her. Maia took a step back holding her hands up. Suddenly her first date with him wasn’t going so well. Not when the one thought she had tried hard to repress for the evening showed up in person.

" I’m gonna catch a cab home." she sighed distractedly, she couldn’t possibly stay there. How would she keep face. She didn’t just want to leave Caleb, but she couldn’t just ignore Justin. She never tried it before, but she was sure it wouldn’t go over well.

" Why? The night is young, I promise I won’t have you out too late." he smiled. He really had no idea, Maia thought grimly. This definitely wasn’t a fair situation. She couldn’t just rush out on their date, but how could she stay there? Then she realized, Justin had been with another girl. And not just BEEN with her, he was kissing her! HE was laughing with her, he was dancing with her, and if she hadn’t known any better she was sure he would have slept with her that night. The thought burned Maia.

" You ok?" Caleb asked crossing over to her and touching her face softly. Maia looked up into his chocolate eyes and smiled weakly. She had come there with him, she had decided on a new path for her life and possibly heart that night. Maybe she wasn’t putting everything into it’s proper perspective. They had both came there with different people that night with the intent on leaving with those people. Only there was one thing she never would have expected....

He didn’t expect to see her there. His mouth dried and his body was at a standstill, he definitely didn’t expect to see her there and much less see her there swapping spit with Caleb Jones himself. He had to take a seat in the chair he had just started from. He had to take some sort of precaution before he went crazy. Maia. What was she doing here? Why had she come here? Was she placed in his life to torment him? Why on the eve of his decision to get over her had she decided to show up again? His thoughts were driving him crazy. Caleb Jones? Caleb all this time had been the man he envied, the man he wanted so bad to be. Yeah, maybe in his earlier playboy days but not when he had thought about having Maia for his own. He would never want to walk in the shoes of Caleb in that case. IF he had, he’s just end up walking away. Caleb Jones just wasn’t the boyfriend type. In fact, Justin used to look up to the man for his supreme macking skills. So then how was it that he had Maia? How was it that he, over all men, had deserved to be with Maia?

" Justin you alright?" Justin couldn’t even look at Gabrielle in the same light anymore, suddenly she became what he kept telling himself she wasn’t. An excuse to get over Maia.

" Yeah." he sighed non-convincing. Just then Chris approached throwing a heavy arm across Justin’s shoulder. The man obviously had a few drinks, but didn’t let that stop him from picking up on his friends shrunken demeanor.

" What’s up kid?" his words were slurred but the emotion of concern was definitely there.

" There you are." JC sighed taking the provided seat, pulling it out, and then pushing Chris down into it.

" I didn’t know you like it from behind J..." Chris teased winking at his group member. JC rolled his eyes and peered at Justin.

" What’s wrong with you?" JC asked and then turned at Gabrielle who shrugged in response.

" She’s here." Justin grumbled.

" Who?" JC asked and looked around the club. He saw countless women and none of them looked familiar.

" Maia."

" The stripper?" Chris questioned and his two friends glared at him.

" No, MAIA." JC said louder, his eye landing on a black haired woman who moved methodically to the music. He looked harder, as the girl moved exotically, her hips rolling in and out with the jamaican drums coming through the speakers. He thought perhaps he was just seeing what he wanted, as he watched the girl dip low then up. Finally she turned around and their eyes met. She smiled and began dancing just for him, the crowd seeming to part for his view. She cut her hair, JC thought looking her over. She was amazing. He moved off his chair, his heart moving ahead of him and towards her. Stepping in front of her, he placed his hands on her hips and guided them closer to him. She placed a soft seducing kiss on his lips, stirring emotions that hadn’t been awakened since he last saw her.

" Raven."

Jocelyn sighed in relief once seeing Maia and Caleb step back onto the ground floor. She had spent the last twenty minutes looking for Raven. Somehow she had lost her and grew worried because she hadn’t seen Maia either. Rushing up to them, she noticed Maia had a spooked look on her face and reminded herself to ask her about it later. Right then and there, they needed to find Raven.

"Have you seen Raven?" she sighed finally reaching them.

" No." Maia sighed her eyes instantly hitting the dance floor. Where could Raven have gone? Taking hold of her hand Caleb reminded Maia that he was going to get their jackets. Maia nodded and was about to protest, she couldn’t leave without Raven. Jocelyn saw the hesitation on her face and bit her lip in indecision.

"Don’t worry I’ll find her, she probably even got lucky and snagged somebody." Jocelyn smiled brushing a strand from Maia’s face. " You be good tonight ok?" Maia looked at her friend, she stopped herself from telling Jocelyn that she had saw him. She wouldn’t want Caleb to walk up on them discussing Justin Timberlake. Maybe he might put two and two together.

"Ok." Maia smiled and kissed Jocelyn gingerly on the cheek. " You be good to." Jocelyn smiled innocently and winked before walking back out into the crowd. Moving out of the way, Maia side stepped the crowd and hid in the corner waiting for Caleb. She bit her lip, closing her eyes. This couldn’t be happening to her. Then she felt him, she felt his presence before she even opened her eyes. She breathed in when she finally did, drawn into his beautiful blue eyes. They looked pained and in need. She had to stop herself from touching him, he was too close not to want to.

" Justin." she finally said, clearing her throat to sound somewhat stable. He stepped closer and Maia didn’t know whether to push him away or not. There was more of a desire to provoke him than not. He leaned in, taking it inch by inch. Maia closed her eyes, not caring that Caleb would be back any minute. Justin was there now. His mouth moved passed her cheek up to her ear, softly brushing it which caused her knees to buckle.

" You don’t know how hard it is to accept the fact that you belong to Caleb." Maia’s eyes opened in shock. What was he talking about? How did he know Caleb?

‘Justin there is something I have to tell you’

Suddenly she remembered, she remembered all. Justin thought Caleb was her boyfriend, the one she had lied about to get out of complicating things more by admitting that she had fallen for him. No, no, no. His hand moved from her side to her chin as he backed away, his eyes searching hers.

" Damn your beautiful." he whispered and Maia wanted to admit everything right there. She wanted him to know that her heart belonged to him and had held no more room for anyone but him. Caleb was just a means to an end. She was just trying to get over him, get over their kiss, get over their chemistry. Nothing more than that. But she couldn’t even open her mouth to speak, because then what would follow. Would she admit she had said that all before to hide the fact that she was the stripper he had been so drawn to before? Just as he dropped his hand from her chin, Maia saw Caleb approaching from the corner of her eye. Dammit no, Caleb go...Justin please stay she thought angrily.

" hey Mr. Timberlake in the flesh" Caleb greeted happily. Tell me about it, Maia thought, sighing in defeat. Justin took his eyes from her and greeted him.

" You know Maia I presume.." Caleb smiled placing an arm around her shoulders. Justin wanted to sock the shit out of him, he wanted to put a end to whatever false charade he had put on Maia to make her believe she was his one and only. She was one of a dozen.

" Yeah, you’re a lucky guy.................. She’s breathtaking." Justin replied strongly, his eye boring into hers. Maia gasped for air, he was so engaging. Caleb looked uncomfortably from one to the other than squeezed Maia’s shoulder.

"Well enjoy your night, we’re heading out to finish up our date." Caleb winked and Justin felt a dart hit his heart. Pulling her away, Maia looked back. Once again, she was leaving him. Once again her heart was left somewhere she wasn’t.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story