The Truth About Lies

 

Chapter 14

"Can I have your autograph?" A pretty brunette approached her table winking and handing her a napkin. Maia smiled towards Caleb and glanced down at the pen and napkin the girl had handed her.

Meet me in the corner by the jukebox.

She closed her eyes, not wanting to let on her surprise and looked up at the waitress, she already knew who it came from. The pretty waitress named Brenda smiled knowingly and began engrossing Caleb in conversation. Maia grabbed a pen and pretended to scribble her name before handing it back to the waitress. Brenda excused herself and Maia cleared her throat, she couldn’t believe she was about to do this.

" Um, I’m going to go to the bathroom." she smiled tentatively. Caleb nodded taking her hand and placing a kiss on it.

" Don’t be long." Maia nodded, suddenly his charm not finding its way through to her. Standing up she began descending towards the bathroom. Passing the table Justin had been sitting at, she smiled briefly at JC who winked. Oh no, Maia thought her heart racing. What was she doing? Wasn’t she seated at the table with Caleb on their second date? How did she find herself walking towards a hidden corner to meet up with Justin, why was this even happening? She had been so confused, she saw nothing but a dark corner and had almost been about to turn around, having lost the nerve. Then he touched her. His arm came out and he pulled her against him in a shadowed corner that was even hidden during the daylight. Maia slammed into him, his impressive scent filling her as she took her time to regain her composure. His hand moved up her arms to help her and Maia almost protested wanting to be held against him for just a while longer. She finally looked up at him and all at once her bodily organs stopped their usual function. She was frozen in place, choking for breath and struggling for a single normal thought besides the one that kept flashing of her ravishing him right there in that little corner. Speak.

" What are you wearing?" she asked, instantly reprimanding herself for saying something so random. She looked down shaking her head at his surprised look than looked back up with laughter in her eyes.

Justin felt himself melt in her gaze, she was laughing at her own folly. He smiled himself, unable to resist.

"What?" he laughed and she rolled her eyes.

" You.....you smell good." she stammered pushing off of him and taking a step back, a laugh escaping her lips. He looked down and reached out to touch her, his hand brushing the chain she wore around her stomach.

" Hugo Boss." he finally replied stepping closer, his presence enveloping her. Maia breathed him in once again, unable to control herself from leaning closer into him.

" For a minute I thought you meant Boxers or Briefs." he laughed, his hand still playing with the chain around her stomach.

" Well, since you brought it up." she smiled and her hands fell slowly down his chest. Justin felt the desire stir within him and cleared his throat. He couldn’t believe the conversation, a moment before he had no idea what he was going to say to her. How she would react to the note, if she would even come. Moments before he was just cursing out JC when he saw her and somehow it all disappeared. Something came over him, and he was brought down to an eased comfort. Slowly, however, she was provoking a stimulating rise out of him.

"Briefs, when it swings it bruises." he teased and she laughed out loud. Covering her mouth Justin noticed a table buster look over in their corner. Pushing her further back, Justin beagn laughing himself.

"Your wild." he smiled leaning down into her. Her body now pressed into him, her head against the wall. She was staring at him, her eyes evoking him.

" You’re here." she breathed and Justin just looked at her. What did that mean he was there? Had she wanted him there? Had she wanted him there all this time?

" Yeah I’m here." he whispered, tracing the outline of her face with his finger. He’d be there as long as she wanted him, he thought, his heartbeat matching her breathes.

" I..." Maia stopped herself, what was she doing? But it didn’t really matter did it, she was there doing it. She leaned up to complete what she was about to say, but Justin stopped her. Holding her jaw he looked her in the eye, his lips an inch above hers.

" I want to kiss you too." he sighed, this time he would do what he wanted to do every time he saw her and would not let the moment cease him. Maia moaned, her body instinctively responding to his words when JC bursted through the shadows.

"Whoa." he responded and Justin pulled back just as he was about to kiss her. Maia looked angrily than petrified towards JC. Her first thought was that he had stopped them, her second that he had caught them.

" JC?" Justin asked, his hands still holding onto Maia’s hips.

" Yeah." JC said drawn into their secluded moment and the intensity of it. " Just thought maybe you two were getting away with the time." he explained pretending to look down at his watch. "The way I see it, you either fell in the toilet or had one long log to cut from the tree." Maia placed a hand over her mouth and giggled at his comment. Justin couldn’t help but laugh turning back to Maia and touching her lips.

" I guess we gotta go." he sighed, kissing his finger than brought it to her own puckered lips. Maia stared into his eyes, her heart beating for him. Placing a kiss on the side of his neck, she whispered softly against him.

" Bye." JC waved her off and then looked at his friend.

"Did I come at a bad time?" he teased and Justin sighed in frustration. His urge to kiss her consuming his every thought. Justin shook his head, what was happening to him.

555-3163. Justin beamed with surprise and happiness all at once staring down at the number Maia had sent over to the table. He had been shocked out of his mind when Brenda came back to his table to deliver the napkin with a message.

I need to see you, 555-3163

Maia

JC smiled to himself, wondering how it was going to turn out for the both of them. It was crazy, they were both in love with two mysterious girls from New York. It was almost ironic.

" So you gonna call her." JC inquired already knowing the answer to that obvious question.

" No.....I’m just gonna let her get away again and let some other undeserving fool have her" Justin sighed and JC smiled.

" You want her real bad huh?"

" You wanna feel how bad?" Justin teased and JC made a disgusted face. Justin belted over in laughter at his friend’s expression.

" We’re close man, but not THAT close." JC laughed turning into Justin’s driveway. They both filed out of the car and were greeted by Emily, Chris’ little neice. Judging from the pinto already parked in his driveway alongside his Mercedes and Joey’s Navigator, he knew the guys were there. Emily was outside playing with what Justin recognized as one of his action figure X men. Shaking his head, he dropped down to the chocolate eyed beauty and enveloped her into a hug. The five year old gazed up at him adoringly and giggled when he picked her up.

" What you got here?" Justin asked sweetly carrying her inside so he could attack Joey and Chris for letting her play with his action figures.

" A barbie." Emily cooed and Justin looked at Chris who sat on the couch with Joey.

" A barbie?" Justin repeated, staring at the two men who already began shaking their heads.

" Uh huh." Emily smiled putting her slobber all over the front of its face.

" No honey, this, this is an action figure. They kill what you call barbies." Justin explained taking his X men from her and putting her on the ground. Joey shook his head and looked down at the bubbly little girl whose clothes were smeared with chocolate. Smiling he thought of how good he and Chris were at being babysitters.

" Who told you how to kiss, Uncle Chris?" Joey teased and Chris smacked him upside the head. Emily laughed and pointed at Joey before JC swooped her up in his arms.

"Yeah who taught you that?" JC asked again tickling the little girl.

" Kelly!" Emily laughed referring to Chris’ thirteen year old sister. Joey, Chris and JC exchanged looks right before Chris jumped off the couch to call his younger sister.

" Imagine Brianna in a couple of years." JC warned bouncing Emily up and down.

" Let’s not and say we did, k?" Joey smiled and looked towards Justin who walked back into the room.

" So where did you two back stabbers go?" Joey asked calmly, Justin guessed he and Chris were offended for not being invited.

" Your Mom’s house." Justin smiled and fell onto the couch. Joey nodded and took his note pad out, beginning to scribble something.

" What’s that, your diary?" JC teased and he, Emily and Justin joined in laughter.

" Funny. I’m just marking down who I’m not inviting to Hugh Heghner’s pool party that I was invited too. Joshua Scott and Justin Randall..." Joey smiled before tucking the note pad back into his party.

" Have fun." Justin shrugged and Joey looked at him skeptically.

" Yeah, have a splish splash hardy good time." JC sighed taking a seat on the other couch. Joey looked at his two friends and realized the inevitable.

" Awww, no THEY’VE FALLEN IN LOVE!"

 

Maia walked into her house, happy to finally be home. Sliding against the door she began laughing hysterically to herself. She couldn’t believe she had almost kissed Justin Timberlake while excusing herself to the bathroom in the middle of a date with Caleb Jones. She must have not been thinking to clearly, then again who could when faced up against those lips of Mr. Timberlake’s. Before walking back to the table where Caleb sat waiting for her, Maia decided that she wouldn’t be tortured like that. She was going to taste his lips, taste him, feel him and do whatever else made no sense to her for the past several months. She was finally through with trying to convince herself that she wasn’t deserving of him. Dammit, if there was ever anyone more deserving it was her! She no longer had a secret to hide, this wasn’t New York. This place was thousands of miles away from Secret’s Unfolded, in the light she could forget it ever existed. And she would, she would finally let it go.

" Maia?" Raven walked down the steps to see her friend smiling while lying on the floor. Amused, Raven continued down the steps until she stood over Maia. " You ok girl?"

" Fabulous!"

" You and Caleb do the nasty?!" Raven gushed, her eyes growing huge. She was glad Maia looked higher in spirits but there was no convincing Raven that she was completely over the sexy music icon, no way in hell.

" No, But I WILL be with Mr. Timberlake himself. Uh huh!" Maia smiled sitting up and throwing her hair over her shoulders. Raven smiled happily, it seemed this life was really coming together. Just then Jocelyn bounced in dancing on beat to her disc man that she had plugged into her ears. Jumping 10 feet high, Raven and Maia laughed at her shocked face. Pulling off her head phones Jocelyn smiled at them both.

" Let me guess, Mr. Mystery Man banged Your back out last night." Jocelyn concluded of Raven’s happy demeanor and then turned to Maia. " And you.......your dropping Mr. Caleb to be with Justin’s hunk ass that you weren’t even going to mention you seen at the club last night." Both Maia and Raven’s face dropped and Jocelyn smiled knowingly. " You sneaky bitch." Jocelyn sighed shaking her head at Maia.

" What?!" Raven laughed wondering if Jocelyn had caught sight of JC. Suddenly Maia turned to Raven and smiled sneakily.

" No the real sneaky bitch here is Raven Piccecco!" Maia smiled and Jocelyn turned questioningly. Placing her hand on her slim hips, Jocelyn was intrigued.

" I don’t know what your talking about." Raven shrugged and began to walk towards the living room.

" Yes you do." Jocelyn stopped her. " What you talking about Mai?" Jocelyn asked still staring at Raven to read any sign that might help her figure out the mystery here.

" Mr. Mystery Man isn’t such a mystery man afterall." Maia smiled and Jocelyn looked at Raven, her eyes showing she understood completely.

" You down and DIRTY rotten sneaky bitch." Jocelyn laughed crossing her arms over her chest. Maia laughed pulling herself off the ground. Just as she stood up the phone to her room rang. Before Maia could reach the stairs all Jocelyn and Raven fought their way to the top. Maia rolled her eyes running after them.

" Hello who is this?" she heard Jocelyn ask walking into her room. Justin hopefully Maia thought, her heart skipping a beat.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story