Author's Chapter Notes:
 

The Truth About Lying

 

Chapter 2

The peaceful slumber that Maia had the fortune of taking part of had suffered a massive intrusion when a glass bottle crashed and fell against the wall. She had made it home safely to an empty two bedroom apartment less than three hours ago, somewhere around 4:30 a.m., and had been all to eager to report to her bed and enjoy the solace. What had made her think it would last? Sitting up in her twin bed she threw the thick mint green sheet from her pajama clad body and moved to get out of bed.

" Boom!" she felt the body hit the wall as she stood to her feet and reached for her box cutter seated on the tilted night stand. Breathing in she prepared herself, warned herself to be strong no matter what the scene looked like. Afterall if she hadn’t, she herself would never make it through any of Kendall and Jocelyn’s fights. Opening the door she stood face to face with Kendall who stood across the room in all his 6'2 woman beating glory over a shrunken Jocelyn cradeling her bleeding head. For a moment Maia’s heart softened, there her friend was beaten once again to the brink of death, but then she had to remember the storm hadn’t passed yet- she still had him to deal with.

" Oh look Josie, your little pussycat came out here to rescue you with her boxcutter." Kendall slurred his demeanor obviously in a drunken stance. Jocelyn cried softly shaking her head, which Maia recognized as her trying to warn her off.

" You think your something because you have a dick. From what I hear though, I wouldn’t be too proud of it." Maia replied cooly ready to charge after him the minute he went to touch Jocelyn again. HE reacted just as she thought and turned his focus onto a whimpering Jocelyn, slowly unstrapping his belt.

" You goin around tellin people bout my private area." he yelled at a Joeclyn. Maia snaked up behind him, moving as light and fast as an alley cat and stuck the cutter to his throat. HE stopped in mid sentence, his eyes growing huge.

" How many times do we have to do this you little deprived fucker?" Maia sighed in an exasperated tone as if handling a massive 6'2 250 lb guy at knife point wasn’t task enough.

" Drop your fucking hands and move slowly to the door." she ordered not even glancing down at a horrified Jocelyn who seemed to be counting her prayers.

" What you gonna do with your little box cutter huh you fucking slut." Kendall teased all the while moving closer to the door, Maia planted firmly behind him.

" Cut your little shriveled head off, well actually that’s probably confusing you cuz you have 2 in this case." she teased waiting for him to open the door. " So maybe I’ll just slit your fucking throat as a lesson." With that she spun him forth slashing her knife into his skin and sent him bleeding into the hall way. Slamming the door forcefully behind her, she was glad she reminded Rueben to fix their lock.

" Bitch" he yelled running down the hall holding onto his neck as if that would stop the blood from gushing.

" Hopefully he’ll make it to the hospital and get busted for public drunkenness before becoming light headed, either way you got him out of your hair for a brief while." Maia sighed walking back into her room.

Climbing into bed, she refused to answer the subtle knocks from her beaten down roommate. At that moment she wasn’t to ready to be comforting like she had been each and every other night that Kendall decided to substitute Jocelyn for a punching bag. It was one thing to be lonely, hell she was lonely all the time. But to think being attached and suffering is a much better fate than that was just out right sickening to Maia and proved to be the point where the two straws separated for them.

" I’m sorry Maia...." Maia closed her eyes settling back into her squeaky bed drowning out Jocelyn’s voice with her own thoughts. She tuned back into her animated thoughts of ‘NSYNC whom she had the liberty of performing for. How many people got to say they put on a show for ‘NSYNC and had been paid to do so. Probably every girl who slid down the pole and happened to be dancing at the club the boys had picked for the night, her own thoughts threw back at her as an answer. Turning to her side she kept replaying the entire show. How Joey had winked and placed a hundred bill in her mouth. How JC and Chris looked about ready to devour her for themselves. How shocked Lance looked to even be sitting there while she danced. And then of course, especially how Justin and her had locked eyes and connected if only for the course of that song. She closed her eye thinking, even if it was a rather foolish and even outlandish thought, either way her and Justin had connected.

"Uuugh, yes!" Justin had forced his eyes shut to keep from rolling them has his hands lazily held onto the romping hips of Kayte Messinger- an ‘NSYNC dancer. He had decided that he wouldn’t allow himself to be left alone for the night especially after the spectacular performance at Secrets Unfolded, and made his way to ‘NSYNC’s crew floor in order to snaz whichever lucky girl had decided that going for ice every five minutes would land them a night with one of the beloved stars. As it happened, Kayte was swinging an empty ice bucket pale aimlessly- her eyes searching up and down the hallway just at the right time. It hadn’t taken much more than a mere suggestion before she was slamming him down onto his bed ripping his clothes off. However, whoever convinced him that a little harmless romp would erase any unwanted thoughts had some serious explaining to do. He had hoped Joey would have time later.

" Oh yes, Oh gosh." Justin almost questioned whether he was even that good. His package was of course a good buy all in itself, only he wasn’t really putting much into pleasing her. Perhaps this is why guys tend to think its alright to do nothing, such antics as this overrated sex feign proved to be the answer to that question. He was relieved when she rolled off of him, obviously spent with putting all the work in. He silently wondered if this would get back to the crew as unfinished business and second guessed leaving their little escapade at that. Grabbing for the second condom he had believed would be of no use that night, he rolled on top of her to show her what he really had to work with.

Lance gave Chris a questioning look as they both approached their bandmate’s door and saw a disarrayed Kayte move empathetically out the door and up the hall towards the elevator.

" Hey Kay, the elevator is broke didn’t you get the memo." Chris teased and almost lost his composure as Kayte looked completely unable to take the six flights of steps that led to her floor.

" Chris." Lance started but couldn’t help but chuckle as Kayte struggled to the steps. Not wasting a moment, Chris bursted through Justin’s room to be greeted with the steam from his shower.

Taking a seat on the disheveled bed that Lance looked too freaked out to sit on, Chris crossed his legs and waited for his younger friend to finish with his morning grooming. Twenty minutes later, ten minutes into a favorable episode of Rugrats, Justin finally emerged from the shower.

He gave his bandmates a bemused look and continued on about his business not proposing any satisfying answer as to why his bed looked like the Chainsaw Massacre had recreated itself inside of it.

" Ok, he wants us to beg." Chris sang standing up and snatching the towel from Timberlake’s body. Justin winked at him, donning his checkered baby blue boxers, and began stepping into his ambercrombie jeans. " Details Timberlake before I whip you with this towel." Chris threatened holding the white hotel towel in mid air.

" Please spare us." Lance groaned shaking his head, although they all knew he wouldn’t be covering his ears if Justin began.

" What, shouldn’t we be more worried about JC here. I mean he had the dime piece last night." Justin laughed wondering briefly how JC had tagged that girl last night.

" How did he manage that?"Chris wondered outloud.

" I don’t know why don’t you ask him yourself." Justin shrugged, a little bothered that he settled for less than what he wanted. He reminded himself, he had to speak with Joey for his rationale was all wrong.

" Wow, whew, hold the phone. Does some one smell an attitude cookin up in here. Perhaps I should grab my oven mitts before he gets too hot to handle." Chris exclaimed and the boys laughed. Justin ran a hand over his slick buzz cut and glanced in the mirror at his fully dressed self.

" Would you like to take it with us?" Lance teased walking passed him and out the door.

" Hey Lance, that was good. Tell me the truth how long you been sittin’ on that one?" Chris and Justin had the last laugh as they left the hotel room and preceded down to the lobby where everybody was waiting for them.

Wow what kind of trick did Raven pull last night, Maia thought as she drummed her fingers on the wheel of her little grey chevy. She was parked outside the The Ritz Carlton waiting for Raven who had placed a call about twenty minutes ago for a pick up. Maia was more than happy to get out of her place after finally sitting down and talking over with Jocelyn on what had provoked the fight with Kendall, only to find that it was still as aimless as a reason as any one stated before. After attempting to talk some sense into her friend she gave up and answered Raven’s page. She was going to ask if Jocelyn wanted to ride along, but she had already snuggled onto the phone with Kendall for a make up session. So there she sat twindling her thumbs quite anxious to hear how her friend had ended up at the Ritz. Suddenly she had a page, since of course a cell phone was definitely out of the question while on her budget, she looked down and recognized the number as being Raven’s cell.

" Now why would she think I could just call her back." Maia thought outloud thinking twice about walking into the Ritz Carlton. She definitely didn’t look like she belonged. She quickly glanced at herself in the mirror and saw a reflection of a tired and worn hat wearing young woman staring back at her. By her attire you would have figured that she belonged in a bed rather than out in public. She wore her everyday navy blue sweats and a white tank top with no bra. Of course her D cups were aligned inside the bra provided by the top. She decided that her attire was definitely not suitable for public view, especially the public within the Ritz Carlton. She had just talked herself into staying when she received another page, this time with 911 after it. Grabbing her box cutter, that she always had placed somewhere around her, she stepped out of the car and into the Ritz.

" You need a ride somewhere?" Raven looked over her shoulder and saw a concerned JC looking down on her as she pressed hard into the phone. She was standing a little a ways from the lobby entrance trying to track down Maia so she wouldn’t miss the boys while they were near.

" Oh no, my friend..she um, should be here any minute." Raven assured smoothing out a curl that had resulted in the sweated match her and JC had wrestled together. JC smiled tenderly thinking back to what they just shared while looking at her hair which looked tussled but still as beautiful as her.

" You sure..." he drifted off, he knew she wasn’t going to give in, however he just didnt want to let her go. It had been a while, a long while since he had been with a woman. Ever since he broke up with Tara, a girl he had been dating for several years secretly, after finding out she was two timing him with his best friend back at home he had warred off women. Then he saw her last night at the club and something about the way she danced for him made him want to take her home. She hadn’t even been on the floor for more than five minutes, in fact he was her first dance. Something about the way she felt against him, he didn’t want anyone else to feel that way so he asked her to stay and she stayed with him all night long. Call him crazy that was the most loyalty shown to him by any female and he knew it was her job to please more than just him.

" Um JC, about last night..." Raven had started and thought she could go through with the regular line she gave the day after when that funny look crept into a client’s eye but it was something about the way he looked at her that she didn’t want to, not this time. What confused her more was that she didn’t know if it was because he was apart of ‘NSYNC or just because he had given her more satisfaction that any man- client or not- had given her in a long time. She couldn’t remember the last time she was held until last night.

" Rave..I think someone is flagging you down."

That had been very well the case until Maia realized that Raven was talking to JC Chasez, being JC Chasez from ‘NSYNC. The guy that had nearly tongued her down last night when she danced for all of them in a lavender string bikini. It wasn’t like she never saw clients outside of work before, it was just that she never saw ‘NSYNC ANYWHERE before until yesterday and then today. And honestly, as she stood there ready to piss her pants by just the mere sight of one of them, she had rather liked not ever seeing them at all.

" Oh gosh, he’s going to recognize me." she croaked breathing in. She saw Raven wave her over and even JC’s friendly gesture. Refusing to be up close and personal with any of the members from ‘NSYNC Maia signaled the door and quickly turned on her heel. This is not happening, this is not happening. She hadn’t even once looked up to see that while she was making her way out the door, so had been another profound member of ‘NSYNC- Joey Fatone. The red haired superstar was cradling his phone as he winked at her and pushed the door open for her.

" Hey cutie." he smiled and horrified by his attempt of a greeting, Maia stumbled back towards the sidewalk. Joey looked at her closely and she thought she saw a hint of recognition in his face.

" Uh hi!." she tried to say in her butches voice possible then turned and walked determinedly to her car. Raven then walked out the door waving quickly to a confused Joey who gave up on his previous conversation and stared after the two women.

" Beautiful huh?" Justin asked walking up to Joey and following his eyes recognizing Raven from the back. Joey tipped his head and wondered, Raven was undoubtedly beautiful but it was something about that other one.

" Yeah, yeah." he muttered following his group out onto the tour bus.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story