The Truth About Lying

 

Chapter 6

Walking aimlessly about her cramped bedroom, Maia tried to decided whether or not she should show up for the shoot or not. After receiving, by phone, the instructions of her role, she was faced with the decision of whether or not she wished to accept. Apparently no one really took the time to listen, or just maybe she hadn’t, for she hadn’t got the drift that Mr. Justin Timberlake had been overly angry concerning his sudden break up with Britney. In fact, all Maia had picked up from the song was that she really liked the beat and the flow of his voice. Next time she would pay closer attention.

" Mai, its almost 8...don’t you have to be on set soon?" Jocelyn popped her head in looking as carefree as Maia wanted to be. There was no way she was going to be able to sit on Justin’s lap and partake in a fierce make-out session. Swallowing hard, Maia turned and looked at her roommate.

" Maia you should get a move on, cuz no offense girl but your gonna need that makeup chair." Jocelyn teased entering the room and plopping on the fragile bed beside her friend.

" I can’t do it Josie, I just can’t do it." Maia sighed looking down at herself and then at Jocelyn.

" There is no way I can sit on his lap half naked......"

" Stop right there, don’t you do that for a living?" Jocelyn reasoned a bemused look crossing her face. Maia thought for a second and then glared at her friend. " Furthermore, hasn’t Timberlake already seen you half naked." Jocelyn continued and Maia had to allude to the fact.

" There is a difference?"

" I don’t see how, your still gonna be getting paid for it just extra. Plus this is a chance at stardom, don’t get me started on how we were all dismissed after YOUR interview therefore shortening our chances of success..." Maia finally sat down beside Jocelyn slapping a hand over her mouth.

"Fine your right ok, its just im a little freaked."

" A little, I saw the way you roll those hips of yours! "Jocelyn teased and Maia had to laugh even as she rolled her eyes. Pulling her hair up into a loose bun, she decided to be on her way.

" By the way, don’t forget I want to be asked out by Lance Bass himself...make that happen." Jocelyn sang as she pranced out the room.

"Sorry I couldn’t make it yesterday." JC breathed taking a seat next to Joey who had been the first to show of all Justin’s band members. Sitting in the makeup chair, Justin waited for Marsha to approach and prep him for the video shoot.

"It’s cool." Justin shrugged looking through the mirror to greet his friend. It was 8:50 a.m., a few minutes before the first day of shooting. He had been so psyched about the video, he believed it would be his best to date. The plot was so amazing and daring that Justin thought it perfect for the song. At one point he thought about maybe altering the original concept while laying in Britney’s arms last night, but he knew he couldn’t. It was something that had to be done. He decided that he would let her in on the video’s meaning before she heard firsthand from somewhere else. Running a hand over his face he then thought about Maia, another reason why he hadn’t minded continuing with the original plot.

" So whose the girl?" JC asked interrupting Justin’s thoughts.

" Angela." Joey quickly answered and Justin couldn’t help but burst out laughing. Just imagining red haired freckled face Angela as the leading lady in this seductive video took Justin from his chair to the floor. Sometimes Joey was too funny for his own good. JC pursed his lips and ignored the comment waiting for Justin to pick himself up off the floor.

" Her name,...hahaha, her name is Maia." Justin breathed out through laughs as he desperately tried to compose himself.

" She’s hot." Joey smiled nodding his head like a dog in heat.

" Does she look like the famous Billy Jackson?!" JC rolled his eyes, briefly thinking about Raven who he hadn’t spoken to since he’d been in New York several months ago. He acted as if he agreed with the rest of the group on their perception of Justin being an ass for falling hard over a stripper he’d never meet in life again outside her job. They clowned the poor boy, regardless if the fact that she had been worth leaving an imprint in his mind. JC never would admit his connection with Raven and had felt quite ashamed and disappointed when she never returned any of his phone calls, even when he had made his trips to New York. He had been too embarrassed to show up at the club, even though he wanted to see her bad. He just forced himself to get over her and thus found Angela, someone that would keep him grounded with reality. Someone far from any resemblance of a sexy seductress from New York.

" Actually she does." Justin answered thoughtfully, turning to look over his shoulder to see if she showed up yet. He scanned the room and saw no sign of her.

" SHE DOES NOT!" Joey retorted shaking his head. " He just wants her too, but she is beautiful, no doubt about that." Marsha then approached the boys smiling in greetings. Walking over to Justin she ran a hand over his head. She had been with the boys since the beginning and still had yet to adjust to the fact that Justin hadn’t the head full of curls anymore.

" Dag still no mop top J."

" That phase has passed." Justin explained slowly and the surrounding members laughed.

" And what a phase that was." JC smiled receiving the middle finger for his antics. Just then the conversation was broken by the approach of Maia. She smiled sweetly and tried to ignore the gapping mouth of JC and the intense stare from Justin. However, there was no missing Joey who flashed a quick picture of her from the side. Laughing, Maia swapped him away and turned to look at him. Mr. Joey Fatone, who had yet to recognize her was recognized as one of her faithful customers. She was thankful and yet surprised that he hadn’t recognized her, if any one would she was sure it would be him.

" Joey down boy." Justin teased and Maia quickly glanced at him. He was breathtaking, sitting there in the makeup chair with a pair of sweats and a white tee. So simple, yet so sexy. His laughing eyes met with hers and suddenly they shared the laughter as she begin smiling once more at Joey’s antics. She turned her eyes abruptly before an awkward moment could pass between them and then looked at the woman who had to be Marsha the makeup artist.

" Hello dear, you must be Maia." Marsha smiled sweetly and touched the side of Maia’s face. "Your quite the beauty." Maia blushed under her observation and looked down. It wasn’t like she hadn’t heard it before or that it had never been brought to her attention. In fact Maia didn’t know what it was, this definitely wasn’t like her.

" OK I need everybody on the set, I wanna do the intro scene." Hype declared through a speaker just as a Blonde haired Britney look alike breezed passed her. Breathing in Maia prepared herself, and so it begins.

"Cut!" Maia turned and looked behind her from inside the souped up silver colored Mercedes that was parked outside this cream stucco house. By set, Hype had meant this house he had rented for the video that somewhere outside of New Jersey. It was beautiful, furnished with glass doors a stream of flowers and a brick walkway. She sat in the car behind Timbabland, who had produced the song. He turned and winked at her before getting out of the car, obviously realizing that Hype was calling them. Maia moved out, her leather pants squeaking against the black leather interior. Standing up she adjusted her cropped black tank and brushed down her fitted black leather jacket. Her hair was straightened and its strands whipped around her head as the wind blew by fiercely.

" Mmmmm." Timbaland grunted coming up from behind her. Maia blushed and walked towards Hype who had been waving at her. Smoothing her lips together she glanced over at Justin who was listening intently to his choreographer. When he noticed her looking at him, he winked and then turned back to listening.

" You look...REALLY good." Hype smiled holding her hand out and spinning her. " Have you ever done modeling before, cuz your definitely more than just a video girl."

" Um, no this is my first job." Maia replied humbly bringing a brighter smile to his face.

"We’ll see about that." Hype promised and then began giving her instructions on how he wanted her to get out the car and walk into the house. Maia had been listening and even communicating any questions up until the point when he explained her entering the bedroom. Just the mention of bedroom where Justin would be waiting made her mouth water and the only reason she interrupted because she hadn’t been able to hear the directions to the bedroom. Hype hadn’t noticed her change in stance and explained everything clearly once more. Upon finishing he directed everyone to return to their places to continue shooting. Maia gulped walking back to the car while Justin moved towards the house. She wanted to look over at him, but knew she would give herself away. Sitting in the car, she waited for Hype to announce action, all the while breathing rapidly. You can do this girl, just pretend he is a customer.

" Action!"

Maia waited for her cue, which Hype gave just as the second verse to the song began. She began by placing a snakeskin boot clad foot on the ground then slithered out the car. Walking to the beat she reached the house and tried to pretend to not be amazed by its beauty. Walking the path she had been instructed to towards the bedroom, she felt as if all the world were on stand still. On cue she turned and winked at the camera before pushing the bedroom door open.

Justin remembered thinking he could handle this, it would just be like any other video shoot, he remembered thinking that but somehow it was all replaced with a sense of anxiety when she opened the door and stood before him. He almost missed his cue to smile into the camera, so amazed was he by her. Doing so, he grabbed his mini camera and focused on that, as she moved across the room to stand in front of him. He looked up at her, the length of her body towering over him and he felt ready to tear the clothes from her body. She wreaked of seduction. He licked his lips and smiled one of his boyish smiles.

"Perfect." Hype yelled, but Justin ignored him. Sliding her jacket off, Maia smiled back. She flipped her hair over her shoulder and began unbuttoning her pants. She felt his breath on her stomach and it made her hot. Sliding them down, Justin’s hands joined hers and took them off. He then brought his hands up to her thighs and sat her down on top of her.

" You guys are amazing!" Hype exclaimed, shocked at the chemistry. They, however, were in their on world. Moving further into his lap, she waited for him to focus the camera on them. Her breath became ragged as he lifted the camera and looked at her.

" You’re beautiful." he mouthed and she took hold of his lips with her own with a passion so fierce she was sure she heard the shock among the crowd. Justin’s lips were as soft as she imagined and she sucked them as his hands grabbed her hair. Pulling her back he kissed he neck and she moaned unconsciously. Her moan turned him on and he had to kiss her again. She tasted too good to him. His mouth found hers and kissed her , her body sinking into his.

" Her shirt." Hype croaked and Justin smoothly moved to the bottom of her shirt. In sync with him, Maia moved her arms to his shoulder as he inched her blouse up, just as he was about to cup her breast she laid her head back and lifted her arms. In one swift move her shirt was on the bed and her bare chest crushed onto him. She moaned once more, disappointed that she couldn’t feel his bare skin. Their mouths met again and his hands crept up her back. He felt like he was ready to explode, somehow this was no longer a shoot. He wanted this to be his bed, his home, so he wouldn’t have to stop and he could make love to her like he wanted to make love to a woman for so long.

" Cut." Hype finally said and yet they were so caught up in their own world he had to repeat it again. Maia pulled herself from him, her pouted lips unable to leash the rapid breaths she made. She was beautiful, Justin thought cradling her in his lap. Suddenly someone tapped her on her shoulder and handed her a robe, which she reluctantly slipped on then moved away from his lap. His hands fell to his sides and he watched her walk out. Once she left the room he breathed and looked over to the crowd of people that stood amazed.

" WOW!" Joey bursted through the crowd flashing his instant camera. JC emerged from the crowd with a half smile on his face.

" What was that all about?" JC asked taking a seat next to Justin who was still recovering. Justin shook his head looking over at the door as if she was still there then down at his lap.

" I don’t know." he finally said and Joey snapped a picture.

" This is going to be one hell of a video."

Walking out the studio, in a hurried rush, Maia scrambled for her keys. She was so embarrassed by herself, although everyone on the shoot had commended her for her performance. The only problem was, it hadn’t been a performance. She had literally fell into the arms of Justin and had every intention of making love to him on the provided bed, amiss all the people, had noone taken her out of her world and brought her back to reality. She felt it, she felt his lips, she felt his hands, she felt his manhood and it all had felt too good to impersonate for. She wanted the real thing. What scared her though is that she had never, ever reacted the way she had while on the job. Except for that night when she danced for him.....and his friends. With that thought she scanned the parking lot with hopes of pulling up to her front door before anyone even made it out the studio. She was driving herself crazy with thoughts of him.

" Maia!" she heard the voice, she instinctively knew the voice, but she would not allow herself to respond. How embarrassing would it be to look him in the eye now, she had practically raped him. She continued on and hadn’t realized how close he had come to her until he touched her shoulder. " Maia, wait."

" I really have to get going Justin, I uh...I..." she paused when he forced her eyes to his and almost melted in their stare. He was so damn gorgeous, she thought.

" I know I don’t wanna hold you up. I just want to...." he drifted off a confused look coming over his face. Oh gosh, I had raped him, maybe he was coming out here to have me justify my actions.

" Look, this is my first job and I might have over did it with the acting, sorry I just wanted to be good." Maia quickly covered smiling apologetically completely ignoring looking his eyes at that point.

" Oh, I see." he said solemnly and took a step back.

" But, good shoot huh?" she continued taking a step closer to her car.

" Yeah, good shoot." he said slowly licking his mouth. Maia felt ready to confess that it was all a lie, she hadn’t been acting it, her body truly did respond to his. But she couldn’t, it wasn’t like Justin would ever end up dating a stripper who turned tricks for side cash. Not likely to happen at all.

" See ya tomorrow then." she finally said turning her back and getting into her car. Closing her eyes once completely inside, she sighed with frustration. This was just a job, it will be over in a day.

"There you are."JC smiled jogging over to him just as he walked through the door. Justin looked distractedly up at him, the events of the previous moment still clouding his brain. Had it all been an act for her? Was he just playing himself? Justin had learned from a long time ago not to ever play himself over a girl, even if she had the looks and the kiss to provoke him he wouldn’t start the impossible now. " Your phone had been ringing off the hook." JC stated looking pointedly at Justin who finally decided to give him all his attention.

" Oh for real, who was it?" Justin asked absently though wondering who had been calling him all day when everyone knew he was shooting his video.

" Pinky." JC sang prettily and handed Justin the phone. Justin gave JC a look that tried to persuade him that had he had the phone he wouldn’t have accepted the call, but JC knew better.

" Save it, Chris already told me what happened yesterday." JC sighed while shaking his head.

" Damn." Justin swore, running a hand over his hair.

" Look its your life kid, do what you want to do." JC smiled sadly and gave his friend a pat on the back. Justin followed him out the door to the car all the while thinking how he couldn’t do what he wanted, because who he wanted didn’t want him.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story