The Truth About Lying

 

Chapter 7

Raven sat patiently waiting for Maia to express whatever thoughts had been racking her brain for the last hour and a half. Polmeroy’s had been closed for the day in reverence of Memorial Day so Raven had taken this time to be with her friends, both of whom she hadn’t seen much of for the past week. Jocelyn had just excused herself to the bathroom, something she had been doing a lot of lately, which gave time for Raven to finally touch base with Maia. She had missed her friend at the club at night and had even come to realize that she was the one that had made things bearable. The last couple of nights had been horrible for Raven, who picked up the slack from Maia’s absence and worked both the floor and the stage in one night. She, of course, would never complain to Maia -afterall the girl did deserve her success and Raven was so happy for her. She hadn’t expected Maia to come back after her first shoot with Justin Timberlake and look so troubled. Raven didn’t even want to mention anything relating to Justin, although she did want to ask about JC. But now, after watching her friend seem so detached she had to say something.

" I wanted to wait until Josie was gone before asking, cuz I know how incessant she can be sometimes about things. But what’s going on Mai, you have a bad day at the shoot."

" No.." Maia started sighing deeply and closing her eyes. " No, Rave it was perfect. I looked so pretty and everything went smoothly until...." Raven was the patience of the group and all though she could be a loud ass she knew when to be quiet and listen. " Until we touched." Maia gulped taking a sip of her water that she hadn’t touched the whole 20 minutes they had been there. Raven bit her lip from smiling and waited for Maia to continue.

" Rave, his hands were all over me and his mouth. Ohmigosh his mouth is so soft and sweet, his kisses! Rave I wish you would have been there."

" Girl I wish I hadn’t. Or it would have been one big orgy up in that mug’ " Raven laughed and Maia couldn’t help but giggle.

" You could have had JC, NOT Justin." Maia warned eyeing her friend suggestively. Raven rolled her eyes, glad that her friend brought him up instead of her.

" He was there?" she tried to ask nonchalantly

" Yup." Maia smiled and leaned closer. " I think I could have came from just his kiss." she whispered so the people sitting next to them in the restaurant couldn’t hear. Raven leaned forward and whispered back.

" I think you did." With that the two girls started laughing and was joined by Jocelyn who sat down in her seat.

"What did I miss?" she ventured taking a sip of her iced tea. Raven and Maia exchanged glances, then giggled.

" I was just explaining to Rave how enticing MR. Timberlake’s kisses were." Maia smiled. Jocelyn threw her hands up in exasperation.

" Well its about damn time you said something, I was beginning to think that they cut you from the video or something." Jocelyn laughed. Maia rolled her eyes, although it felt good at the time and felt good to talk about it she knew it would go no further than this shoot. Afterall she had a lifestyle to uphold and so did he. Their paths just weren’t meant to be crossed.

Justin stepped out of the car onto the abandoned alley which housed the infamous Secrets Unfolded. He had finally convinced Joey to take him back there, he needed to see her again. If only he could just spend one night with her, maybe working with Maia wouldn’t be so hard to do the next day. He had felt like he fell into a bottomless pit, never to find his way out after she made it clear that what he thought they shared was all an act on her part. She was pretty damn good, for she convinced the hell out of him. He didn’t want to be angry with her since it really wasn’t her fault that he was attracted to her, he just wished that maybe things could have been different. After being busted by JC, he couldn’t bare to see Britney tonight. So he did what any man would do in this situation, rounded his best drinking bud up and headed to the gentleman’s club. Joey sensing his friend’s stress agreed to come along, plus Gina was at home with the baby. In fact, Joey wouldn’t mind seeing Billy Jackson again, it had been awhile. They stepped into the club, again treated like kings and seated right at the edge of the stage. Justin sat down, downing the drink that was quickly placed in front of him.

" Slow down there kid." Joey laughed although gulping his down in the next instance. A man, whom they had recognized as the owner brought them more drinks.

" Hey, did Billy come out yet?!" Justin asked thanking him for the drink.

" She’s gone for the week, come back next week I’ll promise she’ll be back." the man grimaced looking none to please at the fact that he couldn’t be more accommodating. Justin sighed leaning back into his chair, figures.

" Hey cheer up, there are plenty of other sexy kittens in here. Look isn’t that JC’s favorite." Joey tried to pep him up, but it was to no avail. Justin shrugged his shoulders and looked in the direction his friend was pointing. Seated two tables away giving a perverted man with glasses an arousing lap dance was the girl JC had referred to as Rave. Justin watched as her hips moved around in perfect little circles. Licking his lips he moved his eyes up further to where her taut breast bounced with each movement. He instantly knew why JC had taken liking to her, she wasn’t as remarkable as ‘Billy’ but she was sexy. Joey noticed Justin’s response and told the guy known as Willy that they wanted her next. Moments later the girl who introduced herself as Rave stood before them.

" Which one of you guys wants to have a good time?"

" Come on Rave..." Jocelyn yawned leaning onto the steering wheel as she waited for her friend at the corner of 69th and Pine. Although she knew the extent of Raven and Maia’s profession, she didn’t understand why she was picking Raven up on a street corner. Trying not to read to much into it, Jocelyn just figured she had a rather interesting trick last night. Maia had been asked to be dropped off at the shoot, realizing that Raven was going to probably need a ride in the morning. Jocelyn was left with the unfortunate task of running all over New York and had thought that Raven would have been ready at least by now. The girl did say 9:00 a.m. right? Sitting up to examine a small pimple on her cheek, Jocelyn absently watched a limo pull up on the opposite side of the street through the corner of her eye. Moments later Raven was knocking on her window.

" What the hell?!" Jocelyn screeched, the country girl coming out of her. She still locked all doors even while occupying the car. New York was very different from Minnesota.

" Hey." Raven sighed dropping into the passenger seat of the car.

" Hey yourself..." Jocelyn greeted turning to see the limo pull off. " Did you just get out of that limo?" Raven didn’t answer for a moment until Jocelyn asked her again.

" Oh yeah, sorry blanked out for a moment." Raven laughed nervously and Jocelyn shrugged. She wasn’t going to go there.

"45 minutes late. You know this is YOUR video shoot right."Charlie exclaimed following close behind a disheveled Justin who stormed through the set. Justin sighed, he hadn’t expected to be late, but much worse he hadn’t expected to miss breakfast. He knew he was late, but he and anyone who knew him knew nothing could be done until he ate his breakfast. Charlie let out a frustrated sigh and ordered him breakfast before taking a seat beside him.

" What’s going on J?"

" Nothing, I just woke up late. Is Hype here?"

" Justin you were the only one NOT here." Marsha smiled and ignored his grunt as she began cleaning off his face. Justin closed his eyes, signaling Charlie to leave him alone. Following suit Charlie patted his shoulder and left his side. Justin didn’t mean to be rude, but he just didn’t feel like talking about what was wrong with him. He felt like a damn hormonal teenager unable to control his emotions. He hated feeling like this. Then he grimaced, he would have to face her today. He’d rather do it sooner than later, maybe they didn’t call her in yet. Afterall, he had to do his dance sequence.

" Goodmorning Marsha, hi Justin." her voice came out as clear as water, soothing his hot soul. He wanted to hate the effect she had on him, but he couldn’t even pretend. How had she become so powerful over him? He opened her eyes and she was dressed exactly the way she was dressed the day before. She wore the same clothes he had helped take off and damn if he didn’t want to do it again. She was avoiding his eyes, and that was just as well. Justin was in no friendly mood. Marsha gave him a quick kick when she realized he hadn’t responded.

" Hey Maia." he choked out and hoped it sounded effortless. Marsha excused herself and walked over to Charlie who had been watching from a distance.

" You wanna know whats wrong with him, there she is!" Marsha laughed and crossed her hands over her chest.

He was the best dancer she had ever scene. He glided across the room with such ease it looked like he walked on air. Even in the mist of his attitude she was enthralled by him. She guessed he had just had a bad night and was making up for it that morning. Of course that was understandable, but she still didn’t let him off that easy. She didn’t think she had it in her, but she was able to briefly curse him out for his rudeness before turning to walk away from him. She hadn’t spoken to him since, and this had happened early in the morning. It was now pushing close to 4 in the afternoon. She had called both Raven’s cell and her on house and received no answer. Of course, she thought and sighed in frustration when Hype yelled "CUT". She was dissappointed both because it was the last day of shooting and second because she had no way home. She walked back towards the dressing mirror and eyed a cherry red phone sitting prettily on the counter. Marsha approached to clear things off and smiled sweetly at Maia.

" Is this your phone?" Maia finally asked picking it up and showing Marsha.

" Oh no, but if you need it I’m sure you can use it." Marsha winked and excused herself. Maia smiled a thankful smile and then began dialing Raven’s cell.

" Come on Somebody, I need a ride."

Justin approached to see her using his phone and apparently singing to herself about needing a ride. He felt bad for the way he acted towards her earlier and wasn’t quite sure how he would go about expressing that without looking like a fool. Once again, he had to remind himself that it wasn’t her fault he wanted her. He got as close as he would allow himself and tapped her shoulder. She had changed into her regular clothes and now wore a t shirt and jogging shorts. Yet she still looked amazing.

" I can take you home." he stated waiting for her response, not quite knowing how she would respond. She turned and looked at him skeptically and then sighed.

" Would you mind?"

" Of course not." he shrugged feeling his heart race by the scent of her. She touched his arm, which caused him to look directly into her eyes.

" Thank you." she smiled and he could have kissed her right there. He knew there was no chance that he’d ever touch those lips again, after today she was out of his life. But he wanted to, even still he wanted those lips to belong to him, her body to belong to him, he wanted her. He drove himself crazy, he needed some sort of compensation for his torture. But no matter where he turned nothing proved to be as satisfying as the way she felt on his lap kissing him the way she did the day before. Nothing.

" By the way, nice phone." he smiled and grabbed his stuff to head to the car.

Just as expected, Charlie vamped at the sight of them emerging from the studio. He smelled trouble even from the far off distance where he stood posted against Justin’s Cherry red Mercedes M Class. Grimacing, Charlie looked closer at Maia. There was no doubt that she was beautiful, and there was even further proof that she was after Justin. He wouldn’t let her get close, he wouldn’t let anything as damaging as a slut from Secrets Unfolded ruin the reputation he had worked so hard at attaining. Nothing was going to alter the success of his prized client, nothing.

" Hey Charlie what’s up?!" Justin asked, obviously in better moods, once he approached his agent. Charlie looked from the smiling Justin to the glowing Maia and almost choked with disgust. Just who did she think she was, Charlie thought in dismay. Did she expect to gain a glorious reputation by ripping apart Justin Timberlake’s good boy image, all for the sake of being a star? She would be nothing, Charlie promised himself, she would be nothing but the whore she had been making a living at the most popular strip joint on this side of the mountains.

" Nothing just wanted to see what time you’d be heading to the studio." Charlie replied taking his eyes from Maia and smiling at Justin.

" Oh well, I was gonna take Maia home..." Justin started, he had no intentions of going into the studio tonight. He was going to use this chance to get closer to Maia, this was all the time he had left with her. He wasn’t going to waste it by drowning his thoughts of her inside the booth of a studio.

" Oh really, where do you live?" Charlie asked pointedly, prepared to relish in the fact that she was about to foreclose her true lifestyle- which was not so rich and famous.

" Cedar Point." Maia lied cooly, wondering what it was behind those eyes of Charlie Merrimack that looked like it wanted to snake her. She could be confused, she thought, but she swore she saw an angry flare in his eye as if her mere acquaintance with Justin Timberlake was driving him mad.

" Oh well that’s on the other side of town, I was just headed that way. You know Pendleton Heights don’t you?" Maia wondered if he was trying to catch her up in some sort of lie, how would he know anything about her. Too bad for him that she had lived in the city for the past three years, and with her profession had learned the ins and outs. She knew everywhere.

" Yes, right by Rochester Ave. You have a condominium there. I just love the view, how about yourself." she was quick to his game, it was something about her that threatened him. A dog always smelt fear, that was another thing she learned from the streets.

" Oh thats cool, I don’t mind the drive." Justin smiled opening the door for Maia and motioning for her to take a seat in the passenger side of his car. Closing the door once she was properly seated, Justin turned to Charlie who looked ready to explode with anger.

" Charlie, what was that all about?" Justin asked a little agitated that he would intervene like that. " If it wasn’t obvious before, I hope its obvious now that I WANT to take her home." Justin exclaimed in a heavy whisper.

" Justin, listen to me. You have a lot going for you right now. I mean after Britney..."

" Look this is not about Britney, ok? I like her, shoot me for feeling that way but I do. I’m gettin tired of thinking about everything I want with her and not going for it. This is my chance, what are you trying to ruin it for?" Justin looked accusingly into Charlie’s eyes. He of all people should have known the turmoil he had went through after his break up, and how unsatisfied he was with living the playboy life. He wasn’t exactly proposing marriage here, but he wanted a start with Maia. Pushing past Charlie he walked to the other side to get in. " Don’t wait up." With that Justin slammed the door to his car and sped out of the parking lot.

" She’s not what you think Justin." Charlie sighed, hurt that Justin felt he betrayed him. " But I will protect you Justin, by any means I will."

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story