Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you like this, there's more coming

Justin's POV:

I watched her pace back and forth as we waited for our car to arrive. She was calm all through the short flight, but as soon as we arrived at Memphis, she freaked. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to my body.

"Relax, they're going to love you I promise."

"You said that you're mom would too and we all know how that turned out."

"I know, but my Grandparents aren't like that. They don't judge people."

"Yeah but I bet your Mom has told them all about how evil I am, how I stole her baby boy from her, how I'm a gold digging whore."

"Allena! You are none of those things and you know it. I love you and so will they."

"What if they don't? Then what. You've always said that you're family is the most important thing to you. So what happens if they don't like me, what if they hate me just like your Mom does?"

"Nothing. Yeah my family is important to me, but I LOVE YOU! I have experienced being away from you and I hate it. Nothing is going to change the way I feel about you. I promise." I said, softly kissing her lips.

"Swear on the most important thing in the world to you."

"I swear on my baby brothers' heads." He said, looking her in the eyes.

"Okay." She whispered.

"It's okay to be nervous. I don't blame you. I'd be nervous too after the way things went with my Mom, but trust me they will be different."

"I do."

"Good, there's our car, let's go." I smiled, as I lead her out the door of the air port.

"We're here!!" I exclaimed, all but bouncing in the passenger seat.

"Okay." she said, pulling into the driveway and shutting the car off.

"Don't worry." I laughed seeing her death grip on the steering wheel.

"That's a big request."

"I know, but you're stressing yourself out over nothing."

"I hope you're right Justin, but forgive me for not being as assured as you are."

"I know you're worried and I don't blame you at all, but I want you to have a good time."

"I want to have a good time too."

"Okay, let's go." I said, jumping out and rushing around to help her out of the car and lead her to the door.

"Hi Grandma!" I smiled, as she opened the door.

"Oh Grandbaby!" She squealed, wrapping me in her arms. "Wait, you can see me?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Oh that's great! You're Momma will be so happy to hear that."

"Right. Grandma this is my girlfriend Allena, Lena this is my Grandma Sadie." I smiled.

"It's nice to meet you." She said, holding her hand out to shake Granny's

"I've heard all about you." Granny snorted.

"I'm sure you have." She said, her smile falling, as she retracted her hand.

"Granny be nice. She's the reason I got my sight back."

"What do you mean?"

"It wasn't until I got to go back and live with her that I got my sight back." I said, wrapping my arm Lena.

"How long are you here for?"

"I don't know, Lena has to be to work on Thursday..."

"You can stay as long as you'd like Justin. You don't have to go to the track with me. I'm... I'm going to go get something from the car I forgot." She said, quickly walking to the car.

"Granny!" I exclaimed, before turning to go after Lena. "Baby wait!"

"No Justin, let me." Grandma said, starting after her.

"No, I think the woman in this family have done enough Grandma."

"Justin, I'm just going to talk to her."

"Yeah, I saw the way Mom talked to her and the way you treated her when I introduced you, I didn't know you could be that rude."

"I'm sorry Justin. You're Mom came here after court the other day and I saw how upset and hurt she was."

"Did you bother finding out why? Because the Judge threatened to file charges against her. She lied to him to control of me. She lied to him to take my life away, to take me away from the one person who made me feel safe."

"She didn't tell me that."

"I don't imagine she did."

"Just let me go apologize to her and you go say hi to your Granddaddy."

"But...."

"Don't worry. I'm not going to chase her away." Grandma said, as she headed towards the car. "Go on get in the house boy."

"Yes Ma'am." I said, slowly walking inside.

 

Allena's POV:

I was trying to control my tears as I sat in the car. I've never been so embarrassed in my life. I've never gone to shake someone's hand and have them not return it. I was trying to be polite and she wanted nothing to do with it. She judged me just like I was afraid she would. What do I do? Do I let Justin go or make him choose between me and his family, would he even choose me over his family? I've heard people say that if his Momma and Grandma don't approve he doesn't date them. I think they've made it very clear that they don't approve of me. The tears began to fall no matter how hard I tried to stop them.

I jumped when I heard a tap on the window. I looked up to see Justin's Grandma standing there. He probably already made his choice and sent his Grandma to get his stuff and send me on my way. I rolled down the window slowly.

"Yes?" I asked, trying to control my voice.

"I was wondering if we could talk for a minute?"

"Just say what you came to say so I can be on my way, you know what I'll save you your breath and just get his stuff for you." I said, popping the trunk and getting out.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I knew that you wouldn't like me and he wouldn't choose me over you." I replied, as I started pulling his bags out.

"I think there has been a misunderstanding here. What choice was he supposed to have made?"

"The choice to break up with me. I already know so you don't have to worry about breaking it to me easy." I replied, as I started stacking his bags on the drive.

"He didn't say anything to me about breaking up with you."

"He didn't?"

"No. I came to apologize to you for being so rude to you. I judged you off what my daughter told me and my grandson quickly set me straight on what his Momma has done. I'm very sorry that I treated you the way I did. I shouldn't have judged you and I don't know why I did, I don't usually do that, I guess I just bought into what Lynn told me."

"Oh." I said looking at her.

The front door flew open and someone ran out. "What did you do Granny?!" Justin demanded as he rushed towards me.

"We had a misunderstanding that's all." Sadie said.

"Then why is she stacking my luggage on the ground?"

"She's right Justin, it was just a misunderstanding." I whispered

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know." I sighed.

"Are you crying?" He whispered, pulling me into his arms.

"I just thought that she was coming to get your stuff and break up with me for you."

"I told you that I wasn't going to break up with you no matter what."

"I know. I'm just being stupid."

"You are not stupid. I know you were thinking the worst after the way she acted when we got here."

"I know but I should have had more faith in you or trust."

"It's okay. I promised you that she wouldn't judge you like that and she did. I'm sure you were thinking the worst."

"I really am sorry about the way I acted. Please come inside and let's start over."

"Come on baby, it will be okay. Let's go inside." Justin said softly, putting his bags back in the car, before leading me inside.

"Allena, this is my Granddaddy Bill, Gramps, this this Lena." Justin introduce.

I learned last time and didn't stick my hand out or say anything.

"It's nice to meet you Miss McMurray." Bill smiled, reaching out to shake my hand.

"It's nice to meet you too Mr......."

"It's Bomar." Justin whispered.

"Please just call me Bill." He smiled.

"Then call me Lena please."

"Okay. So what do you do for a living?"

"I'm the tour doctor for Nascar."

"She's a Doctor!" Sadie smiled.

"Yeah, she the one from the law suit."

"Oh, that's right, I'm trying to forget everything that your Mother told me."

"That's great Grandma." He smiled.

Justin's POV:

We were have a good time once my Grandma forgot what Mom had told her about Lena. We were just sitting around talking about old times, anything that came to mind. Granddaddy had Lena laughing so hard she started crying.

"Momma!" Someone yelled, coming in the back door.

I looked over to see Lena tense up. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her over onto my lap. This is one of the times that I'm going to protect her.

"Lynn, what are you doing here?" Granny asked, standing up and walking towards my Mom.

"I saw the strange car in the drive and got worried. I was afraid that someone was robbing you or something...." She said, walking in the room. "Looks like I was right."

"Lynn! You will not talk like that in my house." Granddaddy scolded.

"Daddy you don't know what she's capable of....."

"I didn't know what my daughter was capable of either, but your son let me know what you did and the only thing to I have to say to you I've never been this ashamed of you."

"What.. what are you talking about?" Mom asked, her skin turning pail.

"Justin told me what the judge threatened to do and what you did to get that Power of Attorney for him."

"But daddy, you don't know what she did...."

"She makes him happy! I have never seen Justin smile this much. By the way his sight came back when he moved back in with her." Gramps said.

"Oh baby, I'm so glad you got your sight back." Mom said, starting towards me.

"Don't bother sucking up. I don't want to talk to you. You used to be my best friend the one person I could turn to no matter what, but then you did this and I don't even want to look at you. I never thought that my own mother could be that cruel and that you would ever do anything to hurt me, but I was wrong. I'm not leaving Lena no matter what you say and if you're staying then we'll leave." I said, standing Lena up and standing up.

"Justin wait!" Mom said.

"No. You had your chance to do the right thing and you didn't do it. You tried to make me lie to have my girlfriend's medical license pulled."

"I'm sorry Justin! Please just talk to me."

"Tell Lena you're sorry, she deserves it more." I said, before heading to hug my grandparents.

"Justin please just give me a chance please."

"I said apologize to Lena."

"NO! I'm apologizing to you."

"Well that's to bad, that's not good enough. Until you can apologize and stop judging Lena I don't want to hear anything you have to say. We'll come back tomorrow sometime. I'll call to make sure she isn't here. I love you both." I said, hugging my grandparents before leading Lena to the door.

"Do you see what she's done to my son? Do you see how she's brain washed him?" Mom cried.

"She's done nothing of the sort. We used to tell you the when you found the person you're supposed to be with you will do whatever you have to, to be with them and that's what he's doing. We'll see you tomorrow." Granny said, before walking us to the car.

Chapter End Notes:
Please please please leave feed back if you read


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story