Justin's POV:

I woke up early and watched Lena sleep. I'm really glad that my Mom has decided to give Lena a chance. I really do love her and I know that I said I'd pick her over my family, but I don't know if I could really do that. I mean my family has been there my whole life, Lena's only been in my life for 6 months and granted I do love her and she makes me so happy, I love my family too. Lena mumbled something, nuzzling closer to me. I know that the things I said and the way I acted last night towards Lena wasn't right, and I really do regret saying it. I didn't realize how much what my Mom did really hurt her. I was to worried about how it felt to have my Mom do what she did to think about how it affected Lena. I looked at the clock and saw that my Mom would be here soon, so I carefully adjusted Lena before sliding out of bed and heading for a shower.

 

I was coming down the stairs when the door bell rang. I quickly rushed over and opened the door before the bell could wake Lena.

 

"Good morning." she smiled, as she walked in the house.

 

"Good morning."

 

"It's quiet."

 

"Lena's still sleeping." I said, leading her into the kitchen.

 

"Did you do what I told you to?"

 

"I did. After you left I went upstairs and she was trying to pretend that she wasn't crying or upset."

 

"We could hear her down here."

 

"I know. I told her that. God Mom it ripped my heart out to see her so upset. I didn't realize how much what you did really hurt her."

 

"I know. I'm so sorry about what I did. I didn't even try to get to know her and then I tried to take her medical license from her, I just... I'm so ashamed of myself."

 

"You're making it right now Mom, that's all we can ask right now. Please don't take it personally if she is cold, standoffish, or rude."

 

"Justin, I won't take anything she does personal unless it's something she does wrong to you."

 

"You don't have to worry about that Mom, she treats me so good, better than I deserve sometimes."

 

"I don't think that's true Justin. I think that you both make mistakes, but you really do love each other."

 

"How do you know that?"

 

"Because I've been there and done that with Paul."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"It's part of being in a loving relationship. No one is perfect and no relationship is perfect and I'm sure I haven't helped you're relationship. Speaking of Paul, he's going to stop by in a little bit to meet her and see you, is that okay?"

 

"Do you even have to ask that? I haven't seen Dad if like forever."

 

"Justin?" Lena asked softly, as she wondered half asleep into the kitchen.

 

"I'm right here baby girl." I said, scooting back the bar stool I was sitting on to wrap my arms around her.

 

"Mmm hmmm." She mumbled, burring her head in my neck.

 

"Not awake yet?" Mom asked softly.

 

"Nope, she doesn't want to be awake either." I laughed, as I lifted her up onto my lap, allowing her to her to nuzzle deeper into my arms.

 

"I get the feeling that I'm going to be making breakfast by myself this morning."

 

"Well I can take her back upstairs, but she probably won't stay there, she'll come right back down."

"Well then just leave her alone. I'll be happy to cook."

 

"Good, because I don't know if I helped if it would be edible."

 

"Still not a great cook?"

 

"No."

 

"Well then I hope you're girl there can cook." Mom laughed.

 

"Oh Mom you have no idea how good of a cook she is."

 

"That's good."

 

"She cooks Southern food too." I grinned.

 

"She's southern?"

 

"She's from Missouri, so yes."

 

"Midwestern/Southern." Mom laughed.

 

"Yeah, it's a good combo though."

 

"I'll bet."

 

"Her brother is awesome. I had so much fun with him."

 

"Oh? Who is he?"

 

"His name is Jamie McMurray, he's a Nascar driver."

 

"Oh, that's right. I think I heard that."

 

"Yeah, it was a fun weekend for the most part."

 

"Oh?"

 

"Yeah, we both made some mistakes, but that's in the past so I'm not even going to talk about it."

 

"Okay then."

"Justin?" Lena whimpered.

 

"I'm right here baby, its okay." I whispered, kissing the top of her head softly.

 

"What's going on?"

 

"I'm just sitting here talking to Mom, while she makes breakfast."

 

"I... I should help." She muttered, trying to sit up.

 

"No you shouldn't, you'll probably cut your finger off or burn yourself if you try."

 

"No, I should help."

 

"You're fine Sweetie, just relax and take your time waking up."

 

"Are you sure?" She mumbled.

 

"Yes I'm sure. Besides you look comfortable lying on Justin." Mom laughed.

 

"Oh." She said, starting to move.

 

"No, stay where you are, you're fine there baby." I said, shifting her head back into my neck.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Very. I love holding you."

 

"I love you holding me."

 

"Good, because I'm going to be doing this for a long time to come." I whispered, as the door bell rang. "Looks like we're going on the move baby hold on." I laughed, standing up and walking towards the front door.

 

"Don't hurt yourself carrying me."

 

"I'm fine."

 

I opened the door and saw my Dad standing there. "Hey Dad, come on in."

 

"Who is that you're carrying?" Dad asked.

 

"This is Allena. Lena can you say hi to my Step dad Paul?" I asked, as we walked back towards the kitchen.

Dad laughed, when Lena raised her hand and waved, not even pulling her head of my neck.

 

Allena's POV:

Justin sat back down as his dad sat beside him.

 

"Aren't they so cute Paul?" Lynn asked, as she continued making breakfast.

 

"They sure are. I'm just hoping to get to actually talk to her." Paul laughed.

 

"Oh, leave her be. She just got up."

 

"Yeah Dad, leave her alone." Justin laughed. "Are you going to wake up anytime soon baby?"

 

"When there's food." I grumbled.

 

"Food will be done soon. Why don't you go upstairs and shower and get dressed. By the time you're done Grub will be done."

 

"No. I don't want to."

 

"Why not?"

 

"I'm comfy."

 

"Well you're giving my dad quit the view of your boobs." He whispered. "I love my Dad but they're mine and no one else's."

 

"Fine." I groaned, standing up and climbing off his lap and starting towards the stairs.

 

"Hey you, come back here." Justin complained.

 

"What?"

 

"Give me a kiss."

 

"Fine." I grumbled, "Even though I don't like you much right now."

 

"Why not?" He pouted.

 

"You made me move." I pouted back.

 

"Well come here, I'll make it up to you." He said, pulling me between his legs and pressing his lips to mine in a soft lingering kiss.

 

 

"AWW! Look at them Paul." Lynn exclaimed as Justin pressed another sweet kiss on my lips.

 

"Go take a shower so Mom doesn't burn breakfast." Justin teased.

 

"I'm going." I grumbled, walking up the stairs.

 

"I LOVE YOU BABY GIRL!" He yelled up.

 

"Love you too." I yelled back, before shutting the bedroom door.

 

I showered and got dressed as quick as I could. It's really smelling good downstairs. I couldn't help but smile, as I walked downstairs hearing Justin and his family talking. Shame filled me as I thought about making him choose between us. I made him promised to pick me over his family. I can't believe I asked him to do that. I wouldn't do that with my family, how can I expect him to do it with his? I walked out the front door and sat on the swing. It wasn't long before the door opened and Justin sat down beside me.

 

"What's wrong baby?" He asked.

 

"I'm sorry." I whispered, trying to keep my emotions at bay.

 

"What are you sorry for?"

 

"I'm sorry for asking you to choose between your family and me. That was so wrong of me and I'm so sorry for that. I've never been more ashamed of myself than I am right now."

 

"Baby..."

 

"No. I had no right to ask you that. I mean they've been here your whole life and I've been here for like 4 months and I've already cheated on you. I wouldn't blame you for leaving me."

 

"Allena listen to me okay?" Justin said, taking my face in his hand.

 

"I was thinking about this when I woke up this morning. You're right, I could never leave my family no matter what and I'm sorry I know that must hurt, but...."

 

"No Justin don't apologize. It's the truth and I'm a horrible person for asking you to do that."

 

"No you're not Lena. You're not a horrible person. You just feel things more than most people do and there is nothing wrong with that. I know that my Mom hurt you and I know it's going to take time, but she's willing to try. I don't want to have to choose either and I should have been honest with you before and tell you that if I have to choose that I will choose my family."

 

"I know. I know you will." I whispered, as the tears fall down my cheeks.

 

"Don't cry Allena."

 

"I can't help it. After last night......."

 

"What about last night?"

 

"I wouldn't blame you for..."

 

"Stop right there. I know it has to hurt hearing me say I will choose my family over you, but I'm not choosing. I'm not. I hope that I never have to because God do I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

"Don't cry. I'm not breaking up with you and as far as last night goes, I say we just scrap the whole night okay? I love you and I want to be with you and I am with you. So let's dry your tears, give me a hug and a kiss, and let’s go eat some grub and talk with my parents. Okay?" he said.

 

"Okay." I said, wrapping my arms around Justin's neck.

 

"I love you baby, please don't ever forget that. If I have to choose that will the worst day of my life."

 

"I don't want you to have to choose. If it ever gets to that point, I'll walk away." I cried.

 

"Shh, let's not even think about that okay? Let's just go see how things go."

 

"Okay. I really am sorry."

 

"Shh, it's okay. Just calm down baby girl, I'm right here and I'm with you and I love you." He whispered, kissing from the side of my head across my cheeks to my lips. "I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

"Okay, so just relax and calm down."

 

"I'm trying."

 

"I know, you just worry about things that you don't have to worry about."

 

"I'm sorry I'm so dramatic."

 

"It's okay. It happens to the best of us."

 

"Is everything okay?" Lynn asked.

 

"Yeah, just give us a minute." Justin said, as he pulled me into his arms tighter.

 

"Okay, well breakfast is ready."

 

"We'll be in, in a minute."

 

"Okay."

 

"We should head in." I said, pulling back.

 

"We will in a minute. Are you okay now?"

 

"I'll be fine."

 

"Hey, just remember that I love you and that's not going to change, no matter what."

 

"I love you too Justin, I really do."

 

"I know you do. So lets go get some grub."

 

"Alright." I sniffed, as he wiped the last of my tears away.

 

"Everything will be okay." Justin smiled, before kissing me deeply.

 

Justin's POV:

We walked back inside to see my parents sitting at the table waiting for you.

 

"Good. You're here just in time, breakfast is done."

 

"Thank you Mrs. Harless." Allena said softly, as she sat down at the table.

 

"Please I thought we established that I'm Lynn."

 

"Sorry, I forgot."

 

"Is everything okay?" Mom asked.

 

"Um, yes. I... Everything is fine."

 

Dad gave me a disbelieving look. I sighed, as I watched Lena sit at the table and stare off at the wall like no one was even around her, the sadness in her over whelmed the room. I don't know what to do. I know that I told her I would pick my family over her after promising her that I wouldn't, but it's like she's given up.

 

"Are you sure everything is okay?" Dad asked

 

"Yes." She said, trying to force a smile.

 

"No everything is not okay. We had a huge fight last night and I told her today that I couldn't choose her over my family, even though before I promised her that I would. So now it's like she's just given up."

 

"Why would you have to choose either one? Why can't you have both?" Dad asked.

 

"Because of me." Mom said, plopping down in the chair next to Dad.

 

"No Mom...."

 

"No because of me. I'm sorry I've screwed up your family. I know how close you and Justin were and I'm sorry that I was the cause of that falling apart. I won't tear your family apart anymore." Lena said, tears falling down her cheeks again before she stood and ran from the room.

 

"Allena!" I called, starting to go after her.

 

"No, let me go Justin." Mom said standing and quickly following her.

 

I watched as Mom rushed out of the room. I'm not sure that is the best idea. I looked up at my Dad, before shaking my head and resting my head on the table.

 

"I know that you're thinking the worst right now." Dad said.

 

"How can I not?"

 

"I'm not blaming you. I don't approve of what you're mother did, but I know that she didn't do it to hurt you. She was trying to do what she thought was best for you."

 

"Does that make it right?"

 

"No and I'm not saying that it was. But I know where she was coming from."

 

"Dad she put me in a nursing home and took my girlfriend, my source of comfort away."

 

"I know you think that, but all she was trying to do was protect you. She didn't take you away from your girlfriend; she took you away from the doctor who was not helping you."

 

"She was my girlfriend! And she was helping me. You know nothing about what happened. Hell compare what Lena did to what Mom did."

 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

 

"Mom put me in a nursing home with old people where I couldn't do anything by myself. They put me in a wheel chair and left me. When I was at Lena's she took me through the house and helped me learn the steps to each room, she let me dress myself with little help. I was able to walk and do my own thing."

 

"What? Are you serious?"

 

"There are 46 steps from her living room to her bathroom. There are 26 steps to her upstairs. There are 57 steps from the living room to the kitchen."

 

"Wow."

 

"Yeah, she did a lot for me that Mom didn't come anywhere close to."

 

"Okay, but she's still your Mom and she doesn't want to hurt you."

 

"Dad if all you're going to do is preach at me, you can just stop now." I said standing and walking out.

 

"Justin get back here. I'm not preaching at you." Dad said.

 

"Do you not listen when you talk? All you're sitting there doing is telling my how great my mom is and how she wouldn't hurt me and blah blah blah. Well I hate to break it to you, open your damn eyes and see that she did hurt me! So just stop." I replied, before walking up stairs.

 

I walked in my bedroom to see Lena packing her things. "What the hell is going on here?" I asked.

 

"I'm doing what's best for you and your family." Lena sobbed.

 

"Lena, please don't go. I want you here."

 

"Justin, I'm just trying to save us both heart ache down the road."

 

"No. It's going to hurt worse if you give up without trying baby. I love you and I want to be with you."

 

"I've been trying to tell her that there is no reason for you to have to choose. That she doesn't have to leave." Mom said.

 

"Yeah well I don't know what kind of lies you told Dad, but he's down there lecturing me about how you were doing what's best for me and that you would never hurt me and that you were just trying to get me away from my doctor who wasn't helping me. Well I hate to break it to you Mom, but you did the opposite of all that. You didn't help me at all, Lena did. And whether you want to admit it or not you hurt me Mom and it's going to take time, but I don't want to loose Lena. I love her."

 

"I know that I hurt you and I'm sorry to both of you for that. I'm sorry that you're father was preaching at you. I promise I will set things straight with him. I'll let you two talk and I'll go try and warm breakfast. I'm sorry that I've caused so many problems with your relationship. I can see how much you love each other and I truly think you belong together."

 

"Thank you for saying that." Lena sniffled, as she sat down on the bed.

 

"I know that it's going to take some time, but I would really like to get to know you."

 

"That would be nice."

 

"I'll see you down stairs." Mom said, before standing and walking out.

Chapter End Notes:
Please please please leave feed back if you read and I'll update again within the week


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story