Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so sorry that it's taken me to so long to update. I promise I'm going to start writing more often.

Justin's POV:

 I've been avoiding Johnny for the past few days. I know that he wants me to go back to my tour, but I don't want to leave Lena. I know that I have to. I owe it to my fans and everyone who has supported me and put money into it. I really don't want to have to tell Lena that I'm leaving. It's been so perfect being here with her. My phone started ringing and I sighed, knowing who it was. I can't put it off any longer.

"Hello." I answered putting him on speaker phone so I wouldn't have to hold the phone.

"Hey man, I've been trying to get a hold of you the past few days."

"I know."

"Why haven't you called me back then?"

"Cuz I didn't want to. I wasn't ready to face reality."

"Where are you at?"

"Charlotte, North Carolina."

"What the hell have you been doing there?"

"Well I've actually spent more time touring with Nascar than actually here, but my girlfriend lives here when she's not with Nascar."

"What the hell are you doing with rednecks?"

"Who the hell are you calling Rednecks?!" Lena yelled from the bedroom door.

 Shit I didn't realize she was home.

"Who was that J?" Johnny asked.

"That's my girlfriend Allena."

"Who the hell is he calling a Redneck Justin? I know he's not talking about me and my friends....."

"Actually I was. Show some class lady." Johnny fired back.

"I'll show you some class you dickhead. You think you are so much better than us."

"What does she do Justin, follow the drivers around half naked?" Johnny asked.

"No you dumb mother fucker, I'm the Tour Doctor for Nascar. Talk about me being a Redneck, you ignorant bastard." Allena screamed, before slamming the bathroom door.

"Great.... Thanks Johnny." I sighed.

"She's supposed to be a Doctor?" He laughed.

"Hey, she's a damn good doctor. She took care of me when I got hurt and was blind. Not only did you manage to insult her, but you single handedly insulted most of her family and all of her friends. Nice Job."

"What?"

"Her brother is Jamie McMurray, he drives the 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion, for Rousch Racing. One of OUR good friends is Reed Sorenson, he drives the 41 Target Dodge for Chip Ganssi Racing with Felix Sabates.... You think he's a redneck Johnny the kid just turned 20 and has his own house and cars and all that shit."

"So....."

"So my well educated girlfriend is very pissed at you. You insulted her and her family and my friends."

"I'm sorry Justin, I didn't know.... I didn't think you were into Nascar."

"I wasn't until I met Lena. It's amazing though, watching and feeling those cars fly around that track."

"What are you going to do about your tour?"

"I'm going to finish it, but the rehearsals need to be here in Charlotte."

"Why?"

"Because I'm going to spend as much time with my girl as I can."

"Okay. So do you think you can be ready to go in 2 weeks?"

"No, give me 3 weeks." I sighed. "I'll bring Trace and some of the dancers to the track this weekend and well start practicing on Monday."

"You're going to waste another week?"

"It's my life Johnny I'm going to finish the tour, but I'm going to do it my way."

"Okay, I'll make it work." He sighed, before hanging up.

 I walked over to the bathroom door and knocked softly. "Baby, open up."

"It's open." She called back.

I walked in to see her sitting the bath tub. I walked over and knelt down beside it.

"Is that what you think of us too?"

"What?"

"That were uneducated, no class, rednecks?"

"No." I smiled. "You are a Doctor babe, you are none of those things and the only one that I've met so far that I would call a Redneck is Dale Jr."

"Yeah, he's a redneck, but Jamie and Reed... and me?"

"None of you 3 are anything close to Rednecks."

"You mean that?"

"Yes, I love you."

"I love you too.... Who was that?"

"My Manager."

"Great."

"Don't worry, he had it coming to him." I smiled. "But I ah, need to talk to you about something."

"You have to leave."

"Yeah."

"I knew you would."

"Some of the dancers and Trace are going to come to the track this weekend and then we're going to start Rehearsals on Monday."

"How long?"

"3 weeks or so."

"Okay." she sighed, looking down into the bubble filled water.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm just going to miss you."

"You know that you can come see me during the week and I'll be at every race I possibly can."

"Really?"

"Yes. I'm hooked. I love you."

"Love you too J." she sighed, relaxing back into the water.


Allena's POV:

 Justin is more excited right now than a kid on Christmas morning. He's all but bouncing around in his seat. His friends and Dancers are supposed to be meeting us at the air port in Alabama. I'm not nearly as excited. I'm afraid they won't like me. I mean, I have no idea what to expect. We pulled up to where our plane was waiting to see Jamie standing beside his car with Reed.

"Reed and Jamie are flying with us?"

"Yeah."

"Cool. I can't wait for them to meet Marty, Eva, Nick, and Michelle."

"Yeah." I sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I smiled.

"That smile is so fake, I know... I'm the king of fake smiles."

"It's nothing. I'm just nervous that's all."

"Don't be they'll love you."

"Just like Johnny did?"

"He didn't know he was insulting you."

"Let's just not talk about this right now okay?"

"Okay. I promise everything will be fine." He smiled, kissing me softly before jumping out and going to the trunk.

 "Hey guys." Justin greeted when Reed and Jamie walked towards us.

"Umm heads up, there are some people already on our plane."

"What do you mean?" I asked, turning to see that in fact Trace was standing at the door with several other people.

"Trace?" Justin asked, seeing his friend. "TRACE!" He yelled, running for the plane.

"Don't worry, I'll get all our bags." I grumbled.

"You okay Sis?"Jamie asked.

"Peachy."

"Here, I'll get those for you." Reed smiled, taking some of our bags.

"Thanks Reed. I appreciate it."

"No problem. I know you haven't been looking forward to this weekend."

"That is an understatement. I have no idea what this part of his world is like. I mean I know that it's there and I know that he was going back to it, but I just don't know how to feel about it or how I'm going to fit into it."

"Justin will help you fit. He loves you and he's not going to leave you behind like that."

"How do you know?"

"Because everyone can see how much he loves you when he looks at you."

"I hope you're right, Reed."

"I am, he's cool. Don't worry. I'm sure his friends will be cool."

"His manager wasn't."

"What do you mean?"

"He asked Justin what he was doing hanging out with Rednecks."

"Don't let that get to you sis, everyone who isn't a race fan thinks that we're rednecks. You can't let that bother you." Jamie smiled, wrapping his arm around me and hugging me tightly.

"Thanks Jame." I smiled.

"Come on, let's go meet your man's friends." He said, moving his arm to my waist and leading me towards the plane filled with the other side of Justin's life. "Besides you've already met Trace, you know that he's cool."

"Yeah you're right, I'm just worried over nothing. You're a great big brother." I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Good, just remember that next time I piss you off." He laughed.

"I will. I love you Jamie."

"Love you too Lea."


Justin's POV:

 I can't believe they're here! I've been waiting for this weekend so we can hook up and just hang out before we go back to work. I've been really excited for them meet Lena, Jamie, and Reed. I ran across the tarmac and up the steps, hugging Trace before greeting my friends.

"I'm so excited you're here!" I smiled. "I thought you were meeting us in Alabama?"

"We were, but we decided to meet you here instead. Is that okay?" Trace asked.

"Yeah it should be fine. It was just going to be me, Lena, Jamie, and Reed."

"Reed? What kind of a name is that?"

"That is the name of a future Champion that's what kind of name that is. Whatever you do, do not make any references to them being Rednecks."

"So is that the chic who's been taking up all your time J?" Ava asked, pointing to Lena who was still by the car looking less than thrilled.

"Yes, that's Lena." I smiled.

"Not bad J." Marty smiled, as she leaned over to pull a bag from the trunk.

"She's gorgeous, not to mention smart as hell."

"We'll just have to see about that."Michelle laughed.

"Hey J, I think racer boy down there is trying to steal your woman." Ava laughed.

"No he's not." I laughed.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure he is.... or is she cheating on you?"

"She's not cheating on me, especially with him."

"What makes you so sure?" Michelle asked, "They look really close."

"Oh they're close all right." I laughed. "So close they share DNA and a womb."

"What?"

"That my jealous friends, is Jamie McMurray......... Lena's brother." Trace laughed.

"Oh." Ava said, blushing.

"You know what they say about people who assume...."

"Yes J." Michelle laughed.


 I watched as Jamie, Reed, and Lena slowing climbed up the steps to the plane.

"Come here Doc." I smiled, reaching out for her.

"Yes?"

"Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to Dr. Allena McMurray. Lena, this is Marty, Ava, Michelle, and Nick."

"Hello." Lena said softly.

"Doctor?" Ava asked. "What kind of doctor?"

"I was an ER doctor, but now I'm the tour doctor for Nascar."

"What is Nascar?" Nick asked.

"Nation Associate of Stock Car Auto Racing." Jamie, Lena, Reed, and I all answered at the same time.

"Well damn, talk about answering in surround sound."

"Hey Lena." Trace smiled, giving her a hug. "It's nice to see you again."

"Good to see you too Trace." Lena smiled, hugging him back.

"Hey Jamie, Reed."

"Hey Trace." they both answered.

"Oh sorry, guys this is Jamie Mcmurray, Lena's Brother. He's a driver. And that is Reed Sorenson, he's also a driver.... and one of our really good friends."

"Hello." Reed drawled softly.

"Where are you from?" Michelle asked.

"Peach Tree City, Georgia." He smiled.

"We're still on for snow boarding in the off season right?" I asked.

"If you're not all book up Pop Star." Reed laughed.

"I'm there."

"Where are Jamie and Lena from?" Nick asked.

"Joplin, Missouri." Jamie said.

"Well we need to get in our seats, I have to be at the clinic to check in by 5." Lena said.

"Bossy isn't she?" Ava smirked.

"Some of us have important jobs." Lena smirked back. "Ones that don't involve being half naked and crawling across a stage."

"Damn.... she burned you." Marty laughed.

"I bet I make a hell of a lot more for pretending to screw your man than you do playing doctor." Ava sneered back.

"Probably not. Justin yes, but not by much." Lena grinned, before taking the seat between me and Jamie.

"Bitch." Ava hissed.

"Whore." Lena laughed.

"You are having way more fun with this than you should be." I whispered.

"If you can't beat them, join 'em." She smirked, kissing my lips quickly.

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't like me, and she wasn't making it a huge secret. So why the hell should I play nice if she's not going to. Yes I should probably show that I have more class than that, but I just don't wanna."

"I love you." I laughed, kissing her again quickly.

"Love you too Pop star."

"Ah isn't it bad enough that Reed and Jamie call me that?"

"You call me Doc...."

"I know, but Doc is a good thing to be called."

"How about I just call you mine?"

"I like that."

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

Please comment if you Read!!


Incomplete
kahnechick85 is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 12 members. Members who liked The Doc also liked 671 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story