Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own Justin Timberlake, Lynn Harless, Jamie McMurray, or anyone else that you might recognize. This is fake and is a figment of my imagination. I own Allena
Allena's POV:

    I walked Justin down the hall and out of the hospital, once he was buckled into my car, we were on our way.

" What do you want to eat?" I asked.

" Mc Donalds." he laughed.

" We can do that." I replied, pulling out of the hospital parking lot.

" This is kinda weird."

" What?"

" Feeling my self moving, but not being able to see what's around me."

" Your not feeling sick or anything are you?"

" No, just weird." he laughed.

" Okay, if you start to feel sick or are in pain let me know okay?"

" I will." he replied, as my phone rang.

    " Dr. McMurray." I answered.

" WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH JUSTIN?!" My boss screamed into the phone.

" I'm in my car and Justin is beside me." I replied.

" What do you mean Justin is BESIDE YOU?!"

" I mean, he's sitting in the passenger seat of my car."

" What the hell were you thinking?"

" You told me that I couldn't leave his room without him, so I didn't. We were hungry and didn't want hospital food, so we decided to take a field trip."

" His mother is in my office talking about malpractice suits and shit. You better get him and yourself back here now and I want to see you in my office immediately!" He yelled before the line went dead.

    " What was that about?" Justin asked.

" Umm, we're or should I say, I'm in trouble." I replied.

" What do you mean we're in trouble?"

" Your not in trouble, I am."

" No we are... but why?"

" Because my boss is pissed, your mom is talking malpractice and she's not very happy right now."

" Let me see your phone please? Wait, no I want you to dial a number for me then let me see your phone."

" Okay?" I replied, doing what he asked.

    " Mom?" Justin asked.

" No, I'm fine really. I feel great."

" No really, I'm fine."

" NO MOM. I'm just hungry."

" Yes I'm serious. I'm dressed, and I feel fine, except that I'm hungry as hell. She's taking me to McDonald's, its not like we're fleeing the state."

" I'll see you AFTER we eat." he replied, before handing the phone to me.  " Hang up on her please?"

    " What? Are you serious?" I asked, hearing his mother screaming for him.

" Yes, hang the phone up now." He replied calmly, slinking back to get more comfortable in the seat.

" Okay." I replied, hitting the button to shut the phone off.

" Oh, and take me to the McDonald's farthest from the hospital." He smiled.

" Are you sure?"

" Yup, unless your worried about getting in trouble, then don't."

" Nope not worried at all. I'm probably already fired, so it doesn't matter. You do realize that if I get fired someone else is gonna be taking care of you right?"

" Your still gonna come see me and stay with me though right?" he asked quietly.

" If they'll let me yes."

" Okay." he whispered, before the car fell into silence.

Justin's POV:

    I never meant for her to get in trouble. I mean her boss did say that she couldn't leave the room without me, and she didn't. I'm fine. I feel okay, I just can't see anything. I don't know what the big deal is. I'm a big boy. I'm 27 fucking years old and they are all treating me like I'm 3. I'm sick of it. I can't see, that doesn't mean that I can't do anything. Hell I got dressed, almost all by myself, and I walked to the car with out falling or anything.

" Are you okay Justin?" Doc asked.

" I'm fine, are you okay?"

" Yeah, I'm fine. I just got a little worried when you stopped talking that's all."

" No, I was just thinking. I'm fine I promise." I replied.

" Okay. Do you want to talk about it?"

" Talk about what?"

" Whatever you were thinking about?"

" It's just.. Everyone is treating me like I'm a 3 year old who can't do anything. I'm so tried of it already. So I can't see that doesn't mean that I can't do anything for myself. I'm an adult, I can make my own decisions and everything. I don't need to be babied."

" I know that. You don't think that I've been babbing you or anything do you?"

" No, you let me pick my clothes and you let me walk to the car, even though you had to help me get dressed and get to the car, you let me do part of it by myself. You didn't pick my clothes and you didn't throw me in a wheel chair and push me to the car. You let me try on my own."

" I think that it's important to maintain that self reliance."

" So do I, but apparently my mother and your boss don't think so and it's gonna stop right now."


    " Not to change the subject but we're here, do you want to go in or just do the drive through?"

" Drive through. I don't want to risk someone seeing me."

" Okay, We can do the drive through." she smiled.

    I don't know how I can tell she's smiling, I think it's just the sound of her voice, it's cheery, and I assume that she's smiling when she talks in that tone.

    We got our food and drove back to the hospital, I don't know exactly what's gonna happen, but I'm not gonna let them fire Doc or do anything bad to her. I'll be transferred to another hospital or something.

    " Do you want to go back to your room or to my bosses office with me?" Doc asked, when she stopped the car.

" I'm going with you, so where ever you are going, that's where I'm going too." I replied.

" Well, I guess your going with me to get fired." she laughed.

" Your not gonna get fired."

" I bet they've already cleaned my locker out and everything."

" They better not have... that's your personal shit."

" It's okay Justin, just relax."

" I'm cool. Where are we?"

" The hospital."

" Okay."


Allena's POV:

    I helped Justin out of the car before leading him into the hospital and to my bosses office. I have no idea what's gonna happen when we get there, I just have a feeling that I'm going to be fired. I don't really care right now. After what Justin said about how people are treating him, I'll gladly get fired from treating him like an adult. Justin squeezed my hand as we walked into the office.

    " Oh My God. Are you okay baby?" Justin's mother said, quickly grabbing him and hugging him tightly.

" I'm fine Mom, get off me." Justin replied, searching for my hand.

" You could have been hurt or killed." Mrs. Harless said.

" I'm FINE! I'm a fucking adult, stop treating me like a God Damn 3 year old. I can make my own choices and I can do what I want!" Justin yelled. " And for Christ's sake where the hell are you Doc?"

" Okay Justin, calm down." I said soothingly as I touched his arm. " I'm right here."

" Mr. Timberlake, I'm sorry for all of the problems Dr. McMurray has caused you, I promise you this hospital will make all the wrongs right,  Dr. McMurray you are off this case, go get your stuff and go home, as of right now you are being relieved of duty until after a board decided what to do with you un-professional behavior." My boss said.

" If she's not my doctor anymore, I want to be transferred to another hospital right now. I will walk out of here with her if I have to." Justin said.

" Justin be serious, you need the best care possible and it's here you'll get that." Mrs. Harless cooed.

" I am dead serious, if Doc isn't my doctor anymore, I'm leaving this hospital and I will tell everyone how the chief of medicine removed the best doctor from my care and the treatment that I have received here."

" Besides Dr. McMurray this hospital has done nothing but given you the best care."

" The only person here who has given me the best care has been Dr. McMurray. Everyone else, includding you and my mother have treated me like a 3 year old who can't do anything by themselves." Justin spat. " With a little help from Doc this morning, I got dressed, and walked to the car on my own. Everyone else has treated my like I can't fucking do anything and I'm fucking tired of it. So this is what your going to do. Your going to forget whatever complaints my mother has, your going to leave Dr. McMurray on my case and alone, and you are going to forget about your little board meeting, or I'm gone and tellin everyone about how horrible this hospital is."

" Yes Mr. Timberlake, whatever you want."

I stood in shock as this transpired. I didn't know what to say. I was so proud of Justin for sticking up for himself.

    " Have you nothing to say about your lack of professional ability?" Mrs. Harless spat.

" I have done nothing that hasn't been professional. I have only done what I was told. I was told not to leave his room without him and I didn't. I took him with me. I have done nothing but treat him like an adult and for that I will not be sorry nor will I apologize."

" We're going back to my room now, I don't want anyone in there who can't treat me like an adult and respect Doc."  Justin declaired.

" Ready?" I asked.

" Yup lead the way."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story