Trace’s POV:

I have to admit so far Doc isn’t so bad. She’s taking really good care of Justin, even though I didn’t originally think so. She lets him be Justin. She doesn’t expect him to lay around and do nothing. She lets him do things for himself, even though she has to help him. She helps him into the bathroom, but then comes out and lets him do his thing on his own. He however doesn’t see it the same way. He follows Doc everywhere. I don’t think she’s got to pee in private since Justin was put in her care. He just follows her into the bathroom. I’m pretty sure that he sat in the bathroom while she was in the shower this morning too. She just takes it and goes on with her day. I think Justin is afraid because he can’t see her, that if he’s not with her she will disappear. She tried to get him to sleep in the guest room last night, but that didn’t work so well. He yelled, no make that screamed at the top of his lungs freaking out until Doc gave in and moved him. He gets so upset and she’s worried that when he gets that upset that he’s going to do more damage to his already fragile brain. She can barely walk out of a room without him stumbling behind her. The first thing Doc did when she got Justin home, was take him through the house and helped him count out the steps to the different places. Every once in awhile you’ll hear Justin curse as he’s lost count of his steps.

"Fuck." Justin yelled as if on cue.

"What’s wrong man?" I yelled out.

"I lost count. Where the fuck am I?" he yelled back.

"You in the hall way babe, where are you trying to go?" Allena asked.

"Where you are." He said softly.

"10 steps straight." She replied, as she continues making our lunch.

"Thanks." He mumbles, as he continues on his way.

Justin smiles so much when he’s around her. I think that he’s happier now that he’s with her and he has no sight, than he was when he had his sight and he didn’t know her. I just hope that Aunt Lynn can see that. If she only saw the way they are together she would, but I don’t think she wants to see that. She’s decided already that Allena is using J, and that she’s no good. Speaking of Aunt Lynn, she’s supposed to be here this afternoon. Justin has been clingier now than he has been since I’ve been around. I think he knows this isn’t going to be good.

"Did you get there okay man?" I asked, knowing that he probably had.

"Yes." Justin replied, before I heard Doc gasp, as Justin pushed her against the counter.

I’ve learned when I hear a noise like that, it means that Justin has her pushed against something and is currently trying to suck her lips off. For a man that can’t see what’s he’s aiming for, he sure as hell can kiss her lip a normal person who can see everything. I know nothing else is happening because after a few minutes of Justin attacking her, she pushed him off and gives him a chaste kiss, before going about what she was doing. I don’t think she understand that the way Justin works. He doesn’t really know how to express his feelings without being physical. Him sucking her face off is his way of telling her that he cares about her. I’ve seen it a million times. I know that I was really hard of Doc in the beginning, but I was just trying to make sure that she wasn’t taking advantage of my man. He’s like a brother to me and I don’t want to see him get hurt and I know now that if anyone does the hurting it’s going to be him, or rather Aunt Lynn.

Justin’s POV:

Yesterday Doc got me to her house and settled in. I’m sitting in the living room on the couch. I know that the fight isn’t over yet. My Mom is on the way, I’m not sure who she’s bringing with her, but I know she isn’t coming alone. I don’t know what to expect, but I know it won’t be good.

"Doc come here please." I said, reaching out for her, waiting for her to take my hand.

"What’s wrong?" She asked, me sitting beside me, allowing me to take it into my arms.

"I don’t know, but I have a bad feeling."

"What about?"

"My Mom."

"What do you think she’s gonna do?"

"I don’t know, but I want you to have mine and Trace’s cell numbers just in case she takes me away."

"Do you really think she’s going to?"

"I don’t know, but I don’t want to lose you no matter what."

"Okay." She replied, writing the numbers down.

I pulled her tighter against me as the door bell rang.

"Justin I have to get the door." She said, trying to get up.

"No, Trace please." I said, pulling her even closer.

"Yeah, I’ll get it." Trace said, going to the door.

"Promise me no matter what you’ll call me."

"You know I will."

"No, promise me."

"I promise Justin, I’m not going to abandon you even if she takes you away."

"Okay." I said turning and finding her lips with my fingers before replacing them with my lips. She kissed me back softly before pulling back.

"Oh Thank God your okay." Mom said, rushing in.

"I’m fine. Doc has been taking good care of me." I said, pulling Allena closer.

"I don’t know about that. Justin we need to talk."

"Okay, talk."

"Alone."

"Whatever you have to say you can say it in front of Doc."

"Justin, you’re coming home with me."

"No, I’m not."

"Yes you are, I’ve already made arrangements for the best neurologist in Tennessee to see you."

"I won’t go and you can’t make me."

"Actually Justin I can. I went this morning and got medical power of Attorney and Power of Attorney over you. You can’t make any decisions for yourself."

"You can’t do that. I’m not mentally incompetent."

"According to the judge you are."

"What did you do to make him think that?" I asked, clinging to Doc while she softly cried.

"All We had to do was let him about your little affair with your Doctor." Someone else said.

"Who the hell are you?" I demanded.

"My name is Kenneth Jackson, and I’m your Mothers lawyer." The voice said.

"You lying son of a bitch." Allena yelled, beside me.

"What?"

"That bastard is the hospital’s lawyer."Doc spat.

"Well I saw a case that needed special attention." Ken said.

"You saw a chance to get back at me for rejecting your nasty ass." Lena said, tears filling her voice. "I bet you didn’t tell that fucking judge that you’re a step from being my fucking stalker did you?"

"Why would I do something like that Sweet Cakes?"

"Don’t you ever fucking talk to my girl like that!" I yelled.

"Your WHAT?" Mom asked.

"My girl, my baby, my woman, my girlfriend." I said, smiling despite the tears I felt welling up in my eyes.

"Well she’s not anymore." Mom said."Trace go pack Justin’s things and get yours too if you want to see him again."

"You can’t make me go, I won’t go without Doc. I won’t." I screamed, as tears spilled down my cheeks.

"Shh, calm down J." Lena cooed in my ear, as she guided my face into her neck.

"How could she do this to me?" I asked Lena.

"I don’t know babe, I don’t know." She cried as she held me tight against her.

"I don’t want to go."

"I don’t know that you have a choice right now."

"I want to stay here with you. I want you to be the first person I see when I get my sight back."

"I know Justin, I know. I need you to calm down though, being this upset isn’t going to make anything better."

"Let’s go Justin."Mom said.

"NO!" I yelled.

"Justin don’t ake me do things the hard way."

"Shhh, please Justin calm down. The sooner you calm down and stay calm the dooner you will get your sight back. Trace has my number and I’m going to call you, but you have to stay calm." Doc whispered as she held me tight.

"What’s the hard way?" I asked.

"The police will come and arrest you little whore for obstruction of Justice."Mom sneered.

"Don’t Call her that." I sobbed, hugging her tight."I’m gonna find you, I’m gonna talk to you, I…. I promise."

"I know Justin, I know." I pulled back and found her lips before pressing mine to hers desperately. I want to show her how much I care for her. Our tears combine to give our kiss a salty bitter taste.

"What’s it gonna be Justin?" Mom asked.

"I’m coming, but let me tell you something LYNN, I will NEVER forgive you for this. I HATE you." I seethed.

"You will thank me one day."

"I will never thank you for this, ever. Now I know why DAD left you." I spat pulling Lena back to me and pressing my lips to her again. " I’ll find you, I promise."

"I know." She sobbed.

I stood and allowed Trace to lead me out the door as I sobbed hysterically. Mom put her hand on my back. "Don’t fucking touch me." I barked, as we got in the car. I fucking Hate you."

I will never forgive her.

Allena’s POV:

It’s been 2 months since I watched Justin walked, sobbing out of my house. Trace calls me to tell me how Justin’s doing, although he’s not allowed to see him much. Lynn took his phone away and put him in a fucking nursing home. I’m getting ready to go to court. That’s right, she did as she said, she filed a malpractice suit against me, on Justin’s behalf. I try not to cry again, as I think about Justin rotting with the old people. The court room door opened and Lynn and Ken walked in. They sat down across from me and my lawyer. I feel my brother put his hand on my shoulder. The hospital fired me, so the guys got me a job as the Tour doctor for Nascar. I turned and saw the seats behind me filled with drivers and team owners. I see Trace walk in and sit behind Lynn. He looks at me with a sad look and nods his head.

"Are you okay Sissy?" Jamie asked softly.

I turned and looked at him before the Judge comes in. Before I know it Ken calls his first witness. Justin.

My heart dropped when I saw a nurse wheel a pale, thin Justin in. The bailiff swears him in.

"Can you state your name for the record?" Ken asked.

"Justin Timberlake."He said softly.

My tears fall as I look at him.

"What kind….." Ken starts, but Justin cuts him off.

"DOC!" He yelled.

"I’m here Justin." I replied.

"DOC HELP ME PLEASE!" He begged as he began to sob. "HELP ME! GET ME AWAY FROM THEM! PLEASE!"

"I….I… can’t." I said, before openly sobbing.

"JUSTIN!" Lynn scolds.

"LENA PLEASE."

"ORDER! ORDER IN THE COURT!" The judge yelled. " What the hell is going on here?"

"She took my rights away!" He sobbed.

"I know Mr. Timberlake, I’m the one who ordered it."

"She took me away from Doc! She took my away and dumped me in some nursing home."

"It’s a very nice care home." Lynn defended.

"She took my independence! She took my girl, the only thing she didn’t take was my ability to breath." He sobbed."I just want Doc."

A sob tore from my throat when I heard him say that.

"Mr.Timberlake, I would like to speak with you in my chambers, alone. We will reconvene in 20 minutes. Court is adjourned." The judge said, standing and pushing Justin out of the court room.

I buried my head in my hands and sobbed. I sobbed until the Judge came back. I tried to control my tears, but it wasn’t working very well.

"Dr.McMurray do you need a minute to compose yourself?" the judge asked.

"No."I sobbed.

"Are you sure?"

"No amount of time is going to take my pain away."

"Okay."

"I’m sorry Your Honor, I’ll try to control myself." I cried.

"Your Honor with all do respect we are not here to discuss Dr. McMurray’s pain, but the treatment that Mr. Timberlake received, while in her care."

"I think that Mr. Timberlake’s care over all needs to be looked at. I must say Mrs. Harless, when you came to me 2 months ago the portrait that you painted of the care Dr. McMurray gave your son is nothing compared to what Mr. Timberlake just told me about. When I awarded you Power of Attorney over him, it was not to take him away from his girlfriend and dump him in a nursing home. Mrs. Harless do you know that your son only eats about once a week and that’s only because they force it down his throat?"

"No I didn’t."

Again, this drew a sob from my throat. I looked up and gave the Judge an apologetic look.

"Counsel, did you forget that making a witness perjure themselves is still illegal in all 50 states?"

"I never once told him….."

"Save it, Mr. Timberlake told me everything. Based on that alone, this case is dismissed."

I sighed with relief.

"Not only am I dismissing this case, I’m revoking the Power of Attorneys that I ordered two months ago. After talking with Mr. Timberlake I’ve realized that he is very much mentally sound. The only problem that he has as the blindness and a very very deep case of depression mixed with a broken heart."

The tears once again poured down my cheeks.

"Dr. McMurray, Mr. Timberlake has requested to see you. If you would like He is in a conference room down the hall, Mr. Ayala can go with you. As for the rest Mrs. Harless and Mr. Jackson I want to have a word with you." The Judge said, before nodding at me.

I stood quickly, as did Trace. He walked over and hugged me before we took off down the hall. I whipped open a door and saw Justin sitting there.

"I won’t testify against her. You can’t make me. I won’t talk at all." Justin said.

"You don’t have to baby." I whispered, as tears poured down my cheeks.

"Doc?"

"Yeah, it’s me. I brought Trace with me."

"Come here." He whispered, as tears started down his cheeks again.

"I’m gonna give you some time alone." Trace said, patting Justin’s back before walking out.

I knelled down in front of him and put my hands on his legs."I missed you so much."

"I missed you too. Let me see you."

I closed my eyes as his hands softly caressed and explored my face. He brushed my tears away, before brushing his fingers across my lips. He watched him lean forward, as I too moved towards him. I pressed my lips to his. He framed my face with his hands, as he titled my head to kiss me deeper. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself closer to his body.

"I missed you so much." He whispered against my lips.

"I missed you too baby. Are you okay? Why haven’t you been eating?"

"I’m okay. I don’t eat cuz I don’t want to."

"Baby you have to eat."

"What’s happening in there?" Justin asked, pulling me into his lap.

"The judge dropped the suit against me."

"That’s good."

"He um, also reversed her decision from 2 months ago."

"What?"

"He gave you your rights back."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"Can…. I … I … um."

"What baby?"

"I want to come home."

"Where is home?" I asked.

"Wherever you are." He said, pulling me tighter against him.

"How about when we’re done here, we go to that horrible place where you’ve been living, get your stuff and bring you home?"

"That sounds amazing."

"But first you have to eat. Why are you in this thing?"

"They don’t let me walk."

"Well baby, if you’re going to be with me, you’re gonna have to walk. I’m the new Tour Doctor for Nascar."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"I bet you love that don’t you?"

"I do, I have my own coach." I smiled.

"Like a tour bus?"

"Yeah kinda."

"That’s cool."

"There’s room for you and Trace."

"Trace can come sometime, but right now I just want you." He said, kissing any skin he could find.

"Trace tried to keep me up to date as much as he could."

"I know, he gave me your messages."

"Good, I’m glad."

"I missed you so much Lena, I never want to be away from you again."

"Me either, I … I.."

"What Doc?" He asked, caressing my cheek.

"I love you Justin." I whispered.

"I love you too Lena." He said with a huge smile. " Kiss me."

"Gladly." I smiled, before pressing my lips and body against his.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story