Last night was something else, never did I think I’d do what I did but I don’t regret it. As I poured two cups of coffee I put some creamer and sugar in a bowl and headed up stairs.

Walking in his slippers and button up white shirt I felt a little silly but I guess it worked.

I watched him as he woke up as he pulled at my side of the bed and than looked at it with a sigh thinking I was gone.

“Did you think I left without saying good bye,” I questioned as I leaned as much as I could on the door frame making him look up at me with a smile.

“Come here,” he said and I did so he took the one coffee from me and bowl of sugar and creamer placing the bowl on the bed he took a sip of his black coffee making me grimace.

“I don’t understand how you can how you can drink it straight like that,” I said and he smiled and kissed my cheek as I opened some creamers and sugar packs and dumped them in my coffee mug.

“And I cant stand how much stuff you put in it,” he said with a grimace of his own when I stirred in at least three creamers and five packets of sugar.

“You don’t have peppermint or soy,” I said and he smiled.

“We need to go to the store what can I say,” he asked me.

I shrugged and giggled when he started to kiss my neck, “How bout I make some pancakes,” he asked.

“I’ll make some eggs,” I said.

“Sounds wonderful,” he told me as we go out of bed.

I stopped for a moment as a feeling came over me, “Isn’t this moving a little too fast,” I asked myself at how easily we went into making breakfast and hanging out, last night had been a one night thing hadn’t it,” I questioned myself.

“You ok,” He asked me coming over to me.

“Yea just a little head rush,” I said but that wasn’t all. My head was sore since I woke up this morning but I had thought it was because well I did go out drinking right,” I said to myself.

“Let me go wake up Logan, he can help,” JC smiled as he pulled on a shirt and some sweats.

“Logan,” I questioned and looked at him.

“Yeah our son,” he said with a smile and looked up at him like a deer caught in headlights.

“Our what,” I questioned and saw him look at me.

“Rachel,” he questioned as I stepped back and dropped my coffee when I heard the voice and the sound of the feet coming down the hall.

“Mommy,” he yelled as he lunged at me in a hug and I did what I though I had to do and hugged him back dropping to the floor at the added pressure of him and leaned against the balcony wall of the upstairs hall.

Looking at JC with tears in my eyes I saw him look at me with question still on his face.

We had a son we had a life, we had a marriage I gasped softly as I hugged the boy in my arms looking at my ring, and trying to listen to him and his adventures he had at grandma and grandpas house last night.

My only question was, where had I been and when did all this occur.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story