Author's Chapter Notes:
enjoy- thank you for the comments!

“Rachel,” I heard JC’s voice call me as he entered the house an hour after breakfast had occurred and Logan went off to one of his uncles

Wiping my eyes I watched the video in our room where I had woke up this morning I saw us smile and kiss one another as we cut the wedding cake. I saw Logan when he was only probably two as my mom fed him cake as he sat on her lap.

“There you are,” he said coming to me and I heard him about to say something else when he realized what I was watching.

“Our wedding day,” he whispered and came up and sat next to me on the bed placing his arm around my shoulder I looked at him smiled and he kissed my cheek. For some reason even if I couldn’t remember anything about our relationship but the night we had last night. I still felt safe in his arms and watching the videos I had been since JC had drove off with Logan earlier I just couldn’t understand how I could forget everything that had been in front of my eyes.

“How you feeling,” he asked me.

“Ok, considering,” I said nodding watching the car with the just married sign drive away and the cheers of our family as we left.

“I scheduled you a doctor appointment in about an hour,” JC said taking the remote from me and turning off the TV as the video ended.

“Ok,” I nodded not really sure what to do, we had talked while Logan had been playing in his room and getting ready to go see his uncle Tyler. Yea that’s who it had been, at least I remembered the things happening today I told myself.

JC and me had a night where we had pretended to be strangers and picked up each other at a bar since our anniversary had yesterday. Sadly the date we had where we had met and picked each other up was all I could remember, from our past.

JC had tried to make it better with a joke saying at least I remembered the good stuff. When he had questioned me about not freaking when Logan had jumped in my arms I told him how could I let my son know his mother had forgotten about him, how could a five year old understand that.

I got ready and watched JC as he drove us to the doctors office.

--

After some while of some test and some waiting in the waiting room we were called into the doctors office and sat down at his desk.

“Rachel, we have to wait a couple weeks for the last test on the cat scan that we did to come back but so far all the others have come back negative so that is a good sign, though I do have one more thing to tell you guys,” He said as he looked through my file.

I felt JC grasp my hand and lace his fingers through mine as the doctor cleared his throat, “With what is going on in the present time I don’t know if this is good or bad news but your pregnant,” he said.

I squeezed the life out of JC’s hand and looking over at him I saw him with a grin like he had just won the greatest prize in the world.

I was happy that he was happy, but right now I hardly remembered last nights events let alone the past ten years we had known each other so my feelings where a little confused at the moment to say the least.

After a visit to the pharmacy for the vitamins and stuff I had to start taking we went and picked up Logan and headed home.

I was watching JC cook as I listen to our son laugh at sponge bob in the living room.

“He has your laugh,” I said and saw JC look over his shoulder at me with a smile.

“You tell me that every day,” he chuckled and I shook my head.

“Its true,” I said hearing the laughter again as I heard the voice I knew as Mr. Crabs say something.

“Again, always your argument but I may have his laugh but he has your smile,” he said making me blush.

As I was listening to him start to hum as he stirred the pot of noodles and listen to my son comment on his cartoon I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed it softly.

It was when I felt JC behind me and his hand was placed over mine I looked up at him.

“We’ll be alright,” he said and held on to me when I just sighed and leaned against him rapping myself in his arms and placing my head against his shoulder.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story