One month till I was due, two days since my last shot and I was awake in the middle of the night looking up at the ceiling wondering why I felt something was wrong, but couldn’t place it at the same time, everything thing seemed fine, everyone was healthy and happy.

I sat up moving slightly trying not to wake up JC who was snoring lightly besides me. Trying to at the same time make myself comfortable with the Buddha belly that had grown.

I don’t know how long I sat there or what I was really trying to think about till I felt the bed move I and felt JC place his head on my shoulder and say softly, “You ok?”

I nodded and when he grabbed my hand making me look at him I saw he wanted me to say I was ok.

I turned slightly making a sigh as I looked at him than at his hands that now held mine.

“Rachel,” he questioned.

“I feel like something is askew,” I said softly not looking up.

“askew,” he questioned.

“Wrong,” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“Why would you think that, your back to normal the baby is healthy, and” he stopped the same moment I grasped his hand and the same time I felt the sharp pain to the side of my stomach as I clinched my eyes shut.

“Fuck,” I grimaced as it shot through me like a Charlie horse but in my side and I hadn’t even moved in the past couple minutes.

“Are you ok,” JC asked and I was about to say yea just a cramp when I felt it again and I shook my head and that’s when I started to really feel like something was wrong and my eyes started to tear up as I looked at him.

“Ok, stand up with me,” JC said as he pulled me up with him and I grasped both hands as the pain instead of one side or the other it came on both and I almost had to kneel down but JC held me.

“Jace, something is wrong,” I said softly and scared out of my mind.

He simply just grasped my hand harder as he wrapped one of his around me from behind and stopping so we could both slip on our flip flops by the door he grabbed my bag as we headed towards the stairs before I stopped us.

“Rachel, come on you have to go the hospital, I can see it in your face your hurting and its something that’s wrong,” he said.

I nodded, “I know, but Logan,” I mentioned.

“Shit,” JC said looking back towards where his room was.

“We could get you to the hospital and I could come back and get him,” he said.

“And what if he wakes up in that time frame and freaks out cause we aren’t here,” I questioned.

I let go of his hand taking my bag and leaned against the railing wall a little away from where the stairs started.

“Go get him, he’ll sleep through most of it anyways,” I said.

JC watched me for a moment before I raised my eyebrows at him and he only chuckled softly and mumbled something about even if I was in pain I could be a pain the ass.

I smiled but grimaced as the pain hit me again and I tried to grab for something but all I got was the wall.

“Come on buddy,” JC said softly readjusting the sleepy boy on his hip who only mumbled were we going before he fell back asleep completely forgetting to wait for an answer.

JC had me loop my arm through is free hand that wasn’t support Logan and we slowly took the steps and got into the car.

--

The car ride had been really quiet as JC kept one hand in mine telling me to squeeze when I needed to which was the whole ride and Logan softly sounding like a mini JC when he slept snoring away.

The usual hour it took to the hospital seemed like a so much shorter trip than it had ever been before. I don’t know if had to do because I really wasn’t paying attention or maybe because JC might have been going faster than the speed limit allowed.

Right now as he pulled into the emergency parking lot and got out first getting Logan I took a sighed to try to relax but when the pain shot through my belly again I felt the tears start to roll down my face, the same ones I had tired to keep at bay since the second time whatever was going on had shown me who was boss.

Opening the passenger door I went to step out when I felt woozy and almost fell till I felt JC’s free hand wrap itself around me.

“Slow down Rach, will get there, and will be ok,” he stated softly and even if I wanted to believe him when he said that for some reason in the back of my head as we entered the building and JC started acting like a mad man trying to get me help I wasn’t so sure if we would be alright anymore.

--

Opening my eyes to the beeping sounds of my heart beat and feeling the heart monitor clip on my right pointer finger I wiggled my fingers as I looked around the room, the last thing I remember was when the nurse was bringing a wheel chair down the hall way to take me away, but that was the last thing I remembered.

“Mommy,” I heard Logan’s voice as the door to my room opened slowly.

I looked over at him and smiled before I heard JC’s voice behind him.

“Logan, come on Mommy’s sleeping will visit her in a little bit,” JC said trying to come pick him up as he held the door and went to pick up Logan he stopped when he saw me looking at him.

I bit my lip as we stared at one another, I knew it I had lost our baby, and even if I was here even if I remembered everything, I felt something was missing from me from my life at the moment and the tears started to slip down my cheeks.

“Rachel,” JC said softly as he placed Logan on the foot of my bed and sat in the chair next to me trying to hold my hand but I pulled it away.

Before anything could be said my doctor entered the room.

“Well welcome back, we almost lost you there in the hallway earlier,” he said softly as he looked at my Iv bag and wrote something on his chart.

“What happened,” I said and cringed at the emotion that came from my throat and this time when JC all but grabbed my hand when he heard it as well I didn’t let go.

“Well you know what was going on with the shots you were being given and what could happen,” he explained.

I nodded very softly as I saw him shift through the charts.

 

“Your very lucky though, I say give it about an hour and she should be back in her for you to feed her,” the doctor said and my eyebrows moved in confusion but I didn’t get to ask the doctor what he meant as he left the room.

“Jace,” I said looking over at him watching him smile slightly.

“You were pretty out of it honey, but everything went fine she was just a little pre mature,” JC explained.

“She,” I questioned.

I saw his face smile as he nodded.

“We have a daughter Rachel, she made it and is one hundred percent healthy,” he told me and I squeezed his hand harder as he chuckled.

“I really was out of it, I though I had lost the baby,” I said looking towards our hands and he ran his thumb over my hand.

“Rach,” he whispered making me look up and I when I did I bit my lower lip.

“I love you so much,” he said.

“I love you too,” I said and it was than I felt Logan trying to crawl up the bed to me.

“What you doing buddy,” I questioned as he finally made it to me and taking my hand away from JC for a moment I heard him about to tell Logan that he should be doing that when I gave him a shut up look to which he shook his head at and stayed silent as I repositioned Logan on me so it was more comfortable for me.

“Mommy,” I heard him whispered.

“Yea Lo,” I asked rubbing my hand through the back of his hair.

“You ok,” he asked making me smiled with a blush, I hadn’t realized till now that once we had gotten into the hospital that Logan probably woke up with all the commotion and was scared.

“Yes,” I said pulling him up so he sat on my upper stomach near my chest. I held his hands as kissed his forehead.

“I’m all better,” I whispered as I remembered him doing the same thing too me months ago.

“We all are,” I heard JC whisper as one of his hands landed on my shoulder as the other rubbed his son’s back.

Looking up at JC I smiled, “And we always will be.”

--

-One Year Later-

“Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Gracie, happy birthday to you,” we sang as the little girl with pig tails bounced on lap and clapped with a giggle.

“We have Cake now,” Logan said with a big grin as he went to reach for the chocolate cake with the candles still lit on it.

“Logan,” I heard JC’s stern voice say from his side making him stop his movements.

I saw Logan look up at his father and smile as he placed his hand back down by his side and I stared to chuckle.

“You know he gets that from you,” JC said looking at me as I watched my son sigh as he than took one of his chicken fingers on his plate and start nibbling on it.

“What,” I looked over at JC with a shocked look.

“The whole smile thing when you know your in trouble,” he said making a look at me like try to get out of it I dare ya.

I simply rolled my eyes at him before I said, “Ok Grace, lets blow out the candles.”

And holding her up I let her watch me take a breath and hold in my cheeks but before I could go to blow out the candles I felt Grace place her chubby little hands on my cheeks and push making all the air come out and she laughed.

I could help by crack up and I watch JC just smile as Logan looked around with a sigh, I smiled for a moment.

“Hey Lo,” I said making him look at me.

“Why don’t you show Grace how its done,” I said pointing towards the cake to which he smiled.

“Ok,” he said and moving towards the cake JC helped him into his lap so he could get a better height to the table and looked at his sister.

“Ok Grace watch,” Logan said and did what I did with his cheeks and blew out the candles.

I watched him and Grace and smiled as her face lit up when the candles flickered than went out.

“Gain,” I heard her say.

I saw JC laugh at that as he let go of Logan as he jumped off his lap and went towards the house.

“Where you going buddy,” I asked him.

“I gotta go,” was all he said as he pushed open the door and disappeared into the house making me chuckle as JC came over to me and picked up Grace and bounced her on his hip as he pulled me up and held me against him.

“She’s our saving Grace,” he whispered.

“But you’re my miracle,” I said making him look at me.

“What you think you’re the only one with the cheesy lines,” I asked making him shake his head.

“I’ll show you cheesy,” he mentioned with a tickle to my side making me squirm and giggle as I watched our daughter pick up the collar to JC’s shirt before it was placed in her mouth like everything else lately.

“Jace,” I mentioned pointing since he was still looking at me.

“Hey what you got there,” he asked her bouncing her a little bit more to which she giggled but still sucked on the collar.

Letting go of my side for a moment I felt his arm move to his back side than wrap back around me as he placed something in my hand.

“JC’s she too old for this,” I said looking at the pacifier in my hand.

“Hey its either that or my shirts,” he said with a chuckle as I rolled my eyes at him and pulled her from his hip and placed the pacifier in her mouth to which she started to giggle around as I bounced her in the air and than blew a raspberry on her tummy.

“Can we have cake,” I heard Logan’s voice ask as he came back from the house.

“Did you wash your hands,” I heard JC say and I saw him roll his eyes and said no as he went back into the house to do so.

“See he is totally like you,” JC said taking Grace and placing her in her high chair as he walked over to the cake and picked up the knife to start cutting it.

“Is not, I so wash my hands after using to bathroom,” I said with exclaim as I ran my hands over my daughters hair before standing next to him to hand him plates to put the cake pieces on.

“That’s not what I meant and you know it,” he said with a chuckled.

“Yeah, yeah just you wait I bet she’s gonna be just like you,” I said pointing towards our daughter who had dropped the pacifier on the little table of the high chair and was trying to get to the cake.

“I think they’ll switch when they get older, you know he’ll be more like me and she’ll be more like you,” JC said as he placed a small piece of almost no frosting chocolate cake on the table to Graces high chair, we knew better than to give a little kid frosting, after Logan anyways I smiled at that memory.

It was than what JC said donned on me.

“She’s gonna be just like me,” I said with raised eyebrows remembering how was as I growing up.

“Scary huh,” he said making me push him.

“He’s gonna be just like you,” I said and I saw him think about that for a second.

“Should we just lock them up and throw away the key now,” JC laughed.

I shook my head as I placed the cake on the picnic table in front of the now very jumpy Logan who had finally came back and watched him chuckle he pushed his fork into the cake and took a bit with glee.

“Nah, but maybe we should lock our selves up,” I said and when he looked at me I wiggled my eyebrows and I didn’t hear him groan but I felt him do so as he wrapped his arms around my waist and held me against him as he went to lick the excess chocolate off his fingers from cutting the cake till I grabbed his hand and did it myself, but slowly and I watched him watch me.

“Your all kinds of evil,” he said with a deep chuckle as he took his now clean and wrapped it around my waist.

“You love it,” I said eyeing him when he shook his head.

“No, I love you,” he said than kissed me softly and as he pulled back I said, “Good cause I love you too.”

“Ewe,” heard a voice and looking over I saw Logan’s now chocolate covered face looking up at us.

“What,” I heard JC ask him as he kept one hand around my waist and led us to the other side of the table with our cake in his hand.

“Do you guys have to kiss, its gross,” he said in his six year old way of thinking making us chuckle.

“Sorry bud,” I heard JC say as he handed me my cake and started to dig into his but his fingers said other wise as the went under my shirt and tickled my side.

I watched Logan look at us than Grace for a moment before he shrugged and went back to his cake.

I chuckled inside and than gasped and jumping a little when JC’s fingers moved to my hip bone.

“Your crossing dangers territory,” I told him as I leaned against him and he only smiled as he held a piece of cake on his fork to me, opening my mouth he placed it in and pulled the fork back when I took the cake off.

“I happen to like danger,” he said with a smile and as I chewed the cake piece I smiled and than licked my lips.

“Well than,” was all I could say as I felt him chuckle as looked at Logan and I saw that he was still eating his cake and next thing I knew JC’s lips were on my mine in a quick my deep kiss.

“When is Tyler coming to get the kids,” he asked against my ear.

“Any moment,” I said and at the moment I saw Tyler come through with a pink wrapped box.

“Hey ya’ll,” Tyler said making JC turn and smile but Logan dropped his fork on his plate and ran towards him. “UNCLE TYLER,” Logan screamed as he ran to him laughing when Tyler picked him up and spun him around.

After a couple minutes and letting Grace unwrap her presents and be more excited from the boxes they came in than the actual gifts I was placing Grace in her car seat that was in the back of Tyler’s car.

“So noon tomorrow work for you,” JC asked Tyler about when to bring the kids back.

“Yeah, no problem I’m sure at least Grace will sleep most the afternoon and night right,” he asked and I watched JC nod as I kissed Grace and helped Logan in ruffled his hair before coming to wrap my arm around JC’s waist.

“Ok cool, I’ll call you guys tomorrow when I’m coming back,” he said than when he went to turn he stopped and turn to look at me and his brother.

“What are you two gonna do anyways,” Tyler asked and it was than I felt JC’s fingers on my hip and jumped a little as his fingers went under my shirt and slightly under my jean waist band.

I looked at JC as he just smiled at looked at Tyler.

“Just hang out you know,” He said and pinched my side making me jump again.

“I’m not gonna even ask,” Tyler said as he moved to shut the door where Logan and Grace where.

“Your parents are freaks,” I heard Tyler say making me laugh.

“Your related,” JC shot back and Tyler to just turned and flipped him off as he shut the door to the car and went to get in and we watched as he drove away.

“So,” I heard him say.

“So,” I said licking my lips with a laugh.

“C’mere,” he said with a growl as he pulled my hip that was still in his hand towards me towards him and my hands went around his neck.

“Were all alone,” JC said as he took both his and ran them up my back under my shirt.

“What you gonna do about it,” I asked him with a smirk and he groaned as I started to kiss his neck. I felt us move and than I felt my back press up against the front door and looking up I realized we had made it inside and he had shut the door without me knowing as I teased his neck.

“You know I love you right,” he asked running his thumb down my cheek and I nodded but he just stared at me. I knew he wanted me to say yes, he always had whenever we talked unless in the heat of the moment a nodded or shake of my head or even a smile would never do.

“JC I know you love me, and how I could I not love you, your everything for me,” I said taking a breath.

“What you’ve done for me for us, for Logan, for Grace in the past year, or so,” I stopped my voice going soft as tears welled at my eyes.

“I didn’t do anything,” he said pulling me away from the door.

“You did everything,” I said softly and stopped us as I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him tight.

“Where is all this coming from,” JC questioned me as he pulled me to look up at him.

“I was just thinking as I dressed Grace in her coat and how she might not have actually you know,” I said trying to fight my tears.

“I think about it every time I see either of you,” he said holding my cheek in his hand.

“You do,” I asked and watched him nod before he opened his mouth and took a breath before he spoke.

“I knew I loved you before this all happened, but as it did and since it has I know there is no one else in the world, that could make me want to do or feel the things that you do,” he said and I smiled at him.

“I feel the same way, and I’m just glad you didn’t just forget about me,” I said softly.

“You thought I could,” he asked and I just kinda nodded.

“I couldn’t and never will,” JC said holding my chin in his hands.

“But I did,” I said softly as I tried to turn my head down but JC held it in his hands making me look at him.

“Not by choice,” he said taking my hand with one of his.

“Still,” I started to say but JC placed the hand that on was on my chin to my lips.

“Your back, you didn’t forget you remembered and you gave us Grace alone with it, more than I could ever done,” he said pulling me back against him.

I blinked and felt the tears that had dried at the sides of my eyes and I felt him wipe my cheeks and than my eyes before he placed his lips against mine.

We kissed and slowly made our way upstairs and as we pulled apart we stared at each other for a moment.

“I love you,” we both said at the same time making us laugh.

Slowly we started to kiss again and I knew that as he had said we would be ok and right now I was really ok. I giggled and smiled at him as he pulled the covers over our heads with laugh.

We were really ok, now and forever.


Completed
wittylyricst27 is the author of 18 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Forget Me Not. also liked 374 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story