Story Notes:
Guys, I am beyond sorry for taking months to update this series. I'm not sure who's reading this still, but for those of you that are, thanks for sticking around. I have to say, writer's block is a b****. But, I think I knocked it off for the rest of the series. I have the outlines done, it's just writing it that was the issue. If this is your first time reading, you need to read parts 1-3 first to understand this one. Anyway, there is one more three chap. installment for the series to be over after this part 4. Hope you all like this one even if it's been so long. :S. Well, enjoy your read...and take caution when reading. :)

 

 

 

4. Blood Tears: Dark Desire

 

He is like the dark prince.
With his smoky eyes,
His grin that can be so evil.
He is as wild as a stallion, untamable.
Heaven won't let him in,
And hell's afraid he will take over.
He is a lone rider in the dead of night.
He has dark thoughts,
And even darker desires.

 

I've finally woken up from my surprisingly peaceful slumber to be greeted by a pair of intense blue eyes.

"What are you doing?" I ask while letting out a light yawn.

"What am I doing?" He inquires, still hovering over me holding his piercing gaze.

"Get out of my face Justin." I laugh, pushing at his bare chest.

Chortling, he moves off of me and sits up in bed stretching his limbs.

"What time is it?" I ask as I notice it's partly dark outside.

"Some time after 7 why?"

"I slept the entire day?" I ask incredulously, shooting out of bed suddenly. When I say shoot out, I mean it, because my feet aren't touching the floor. "Wow! Wow! Get me down!" I scream with fright as I'm kicking my feet and swinging my hands in mid-air. Looking down, I notice Justin is just standing at the foot of the bed glaring at me with a smirk on his face. "Justin! Help me down please!" I whine, swaying back and forth.

"Just relax and concentrate on descending Hailey." He replies nonchalantly before he moves away from me, heading into his bathroom.

"You asshole! Help!" I cry out, still twisting and turning, trying to get up straight.

"No, you need to do this on your own. Now stop whining and concentrate on descending." I hear him reply, but, he's no where in sight. Just great. I hate being a vampire.

Stilling fighting in mid-air, I hear the tap in the bathroom running and my arms and legs are still flailing! Oh god why me?

"Justinnnn!" I scream out, swerving when I almost slam into the wall.

It's not long before I hear his low chuckles penetrating my eardrums. Looking down, I realize he's fully dressed in some dark jeans and guess what? He's wearing a black t-shirt and matching jacket. Flipping unto my stomach I continue to eye him, forgetting that I'm still levitating or whatever it is that I'm doing.

"You know, I'm going to raid your closet and burn every black piece of clothing you own." I state smartly. That elicited a low groan from him and then a frown as he passes his fingers through his curls.

"Then I won't have any clothes left Hailey. Would you rather I walked around in the nude?" he retorts and that sounds really appealing right now. Hmm, I wonder if I could get him to do that.

"Don't even think about it. I'm not doing it." He states firmly. I almost forgot he could read minds.

‘You're an asshole.' I think to myself knowing he picked up on the thought process because he's furrowing his brows now as his eyes flash from black to red before his misty blues return.

‘And you're spoilt.' He thinks back causing me to gasp.

"Hey! I'm not!" I belt before realization hits me. "Hey! I read your mind! I...oh my gosh this is so cool!" I shriek, swerving a bit before I regain balance from where I'm floating above the bed.

Bowing his head in amusement, Justin casts his vision upwards to where I am unfortunately almost kissing the ceiling now. Tilting his head to the side he cracks the bones in his neck, which is quite disgusting, before I notice his feet leave the floor.

Staring in awe, I gaze on intently as he easily ascends to where I'm situated. When we're face to face, I hold my breath, well technically, as he continues to examine me with his unnerving stare. Letting out a low throaty growl that's enough to turn me on immensely, he grips my waist tightly before he descends and we're finally standing in the middle of the bedroom.

"Ah! Solid ground." I moan in pleasure, before I plop down on the edge of the bed.

"Get dressed." Justin orders and I whip around to face him in confusion.

"But..."

"Get dressed Hailey. Your training starts today. Your dad will be here at eleven tonight. We have a few hours to spare." Justin cuts me off causing me to frown. Standing, I walk over to where he's gazing out the window at the crashing waves on the sandy shore. Wrapping my arms around his tall frame from behind, he relaxes against my hold but I can tell something is bothering him.

"What's wrong Justin?" I whisper, smoothing my palms up and down his torso.

Turning around to face me, his gaze softens slightly as he just eyes me with an arched brow. Gripping my hand, he lifts it up to his line of sight, studying the ring he and my family placed there the night before. I know it's a blue sapphire stone with diamonds surrounding it. It stopped glowing since last night so I almost forgot about it.

"Justin?" I whisper, when his eyes turn as black as night. He's still studying the piece of jewelry intently.

"Do you remember your dream?" He inquires, not looking at me.

"I...I...no." I sigh clearly displeased that I can't remember it. I thought he said I would.

Finally gazing into my browns, his face contorts in confusion. "Do you want me to help you remember?"

"You mean...like you did the day at the café when I found out I was a creature of the night?" I spit with attitude. "No thank you." I huff.

Growling lowly, he drops my hand before he moves away from me. "Get dressed Hailey."

"What, Justin I...I'm sorry I..." But when I turn around, he's gone...no where to be found. I guess I pissed him off or maybe I hurt him? No, no vampires can't feel.

"Yes we can feel." My thoughts are interrupted and I know that was him. Where the hell did he disappear to? Damn it. I guess I might as well change. Wait, do I shower? I mean I'm an undead being. Ah, I'm showering anyway.

 

Ambling into the bathroom, I gaze at the mirror to see no reflection in return. I'm never going to get used to this. I need to see myself to primp properly. This is very frustrating. Discarding my nightgown, I set the temperature on warm even if I'm cold to the touch. Getting into the tilted spacious shower, I sigh feeling awkward with how the water feels on my body. Shit, maybe this was a bad idea.

I'll just hurry this up and be out as soon as possible.

I hope Justin comes back soon. I miss him already.

Then he does it again! "Hailey I'm not far...just out by the sea caves. Hurry up will you?"

Groaning when I actually hear his voice in the form of a whisper this time, I refrain from answering. He really needs to stop that. Even though I'm used to it, it still creeps me the hell out.

"You're so spoilt, but sexy when you're naked and wet." He adds and I gasp.

"Justin! Stop spying on me!" I scream out to no one really because technically I'm in here alone.

Then my head darts over to the glass doors of the shower when I see a black smoke looming around on the outside before it takes a solid form.

It's him. I just know it.

"How am I spying on you when you're mine?" He inquires in a low voice before he swings the glass door of the shower open to glare at me with those black holes.

"Can't I even take a shower uninterrupted?" I snap while placing my hands on my hips in attitude. Yeah, I don't care that I'm nude right now. It doesn't seem to faze him one bit. His features are just so serious and hard most times.

Rolling his eyes playfully he just snickers. "Sorry..." He whispers and just like that, he's gone in a puff of smoke again before the door to the bathroom slams shut.

"I will never get used to any of this." I mutter before I divert my attention to my task at hand. I'm not sure what Justin has in store, but, I'm sure we're leaving the beach house so, I guess I just have to prepare for anything at this point.

 

*****

 

Alas, I was right about us leaving the beach house part. What I wasn't prepared for was being dressed all in black like him. Really, I had no control over the matter because he dressed me his own self without even laying a finger on me. Yeah, don't ask. I'm not sure how he did that either. Still, black jeans, shoes and a shirt to match are not my ideal wardrobe choices.

And guess what? We drove again. Apparently, he's fixated on the notion that I'm so terrified of flying I'd maybe pass the hell out if we did it his way. I mean really...ok, ok he's right but that doesn't mean I don't want to experience it.

So, strangely enough, we're on my side of town where I used to live. It's odd, because even if I remember home considering I was there just two nights ago, it seems weird now. Like this entire existence that I had was out of place. We're on the same street I used to take every night when I left the video rental store.

It's the same street where I was attacked and Justin came to my rescue. That night changed my life forever when I gazed into his beautiful blues. Who would have guessed he was a vampire? Damn, fate sucks sometimes. Though, with someone as gorgeous and amazing like him as my ‘soul mate' I really can't argue or protest.

 

"So who do you want to be your first kill? I was thinking about your obnoxious ex boss at the video store. I really never liked you working there." Justin leans in and whispers to me as we walk along the partly busy streets. It's still early at night so people are out and about.

Turning to face him, my eyes grow wide with fear. "I'm not killing Matt!" I say in a shriek.

"Fine then I'll do it." Justin spits in a gruff deep voice that scares the shit out of me.

"What? Justin no!" Gripping his arm to stop him, he whirls around to face me as his eyes are pure red this time. Reversing in terror, he rushes up to me and grips me around my waist.

"Hailey, he doesn't deserve to live with what I've seen him do. You have no idea who he is." Justin snaps and in the blink of an eye, we're airborne. He just lifted us off the sidewalk with no warning.

"Wha..." But I swallow my words when I look down and notice the ground is getting father and father away. Then I look up and all I can see is the black sky, clouds and some stars. "Ah! Justin!" I scream, latching unto his neck as he keeps his hold around my waist while we float through the air.

"You wanted to fly." He smirks and when I pull back to look at him, his eyes are blue again with a glossy shine to them.

"Not like this!" I cry out before my legs find themselves latched around his waist.

Letting out a low chuckle, he flips us over so he's lying on his back and I'm on top. "Oh god...we're going to fall, I'm going to die." I mutter, as I cast my vision down noting how the many houses, cars and people seem like small toys and dots now.

"Really Hailey. That was funny what you just said considering we're already technically dead and there is no way we'll fall." Justin laughs out before he detaches my legs from around his waist.

"Justin why..."

"Relax. Just be calm. You're safe. I have you." He coos but is he crazy? We're moving at warp speed. The wind is practically slapping my face and...and. You know I'm just going to shut my eyes until this is over.

"You're such a coward." Justin chortles as I hear the swishing sound of the wind by my ears. "Open your eyes Hailey." He demands but I shake my head ‘no', still holding him tight. "Seriously, open your eyes. We're not flying anymore." His voice is deep and husky and my eyes instantly shoot open.

 

 

"Don't try to..." but I drift off when I notice that we're standing in front of the video rental store where I used to work. "How did we...when did we...ah shit." I sigh, feeling utterly confused.

"You're forgetting the abilities we have. I can slow down time, I can step over dimensions and I'm sure you didn't know I could teleport." He beams proudly and I'm just glaring at him like he's crazy. Well maybe I'm the crazy one. Maybe this is just an extremely long dream slash nightmare that I'm having. "Don't even think that Hailey. You'll be able to do those things too. You just need some practice is all. Come on." Gripping my hand, Justin walks up to the store pushing the door open before we walk in. He didn't even use his hands.

"Invisible force field." He whispers to me, reading my mind again. He's making it a habit now.

"Is this going to be a habit?" I smile.

"What?" he asks stupidly with a knowing grin until we're interrupted.

"Hailey?!" Matt comes out from one of the aisles to stand before Justin and me. He looks the same, overweight and greasy.

Looking over at the cash register, I notice there's some teenage boy working my shift. Well shit, Matt doesn't waste any time.

"Matt." I smile warmly and he frowns while giving me a once over.

"You look really different. Your hair is different and you look pale. I almost didn't recognize you." He explains but I just shrug with a roll of my eyes. My hair is not...passing my hands through my long curls, my eyes widen when I don't feel any curls anymore. It's completely straight.

Darting my eyes over to Justin I notice he's avoiding eye contact with me. "Justin what did you do to me?!" I scream out.

"Nothing." He says innocently before Matt narrows his eyes at us.

"Hailey you don't come into work for weeks and all of a sudden you show up with this skinny, pale white boy who could use some sun and looks like a goth. What is wrong with you girl? Why are you even here now? Don't expect any pay when you just skipped out like that. And, what is up with all the black anyway?" Yeah that's good old Matt. He really shouldn't be one to criticize.

Looking over at Justin, I gasp when I see his eyes are black as night as he tilts his head to the side staring at Matt in a devious manner. Matt doesn't seem to notice because he's glaring at me but the teenage boy who's cashing does.

"Oh my god! What fuck is that thing?" The boy cries out, slamming his back into the wall as his eyes grow wide with fear.

Gripping Justin's arm, I tug on him for us to go but he doesn't budge.

Then Matt turns to face him with a smirk. "Is that supposed to scare me?" Matt laughs. "You're some kind of magician kid?"

"I wouldn't call it that, but you're getting warmer." Justin hisses, and before I can even think to react or do anything his head tilts back and his fangs slowly descend from his upper jaw.

I watch in horror when Matt's face pales but he keeps his stance. "N...ni...nice trick you have there boy." He stutters. Oh god I don't want this.

"So tell me Matty, how much belief do you have in the supernatural?" Justin asks lowly. Oh god, I know that look. He's going to kill him. I just know it.

"You mean like God?" Matt replies and Justin simply smiles as he closes the gap between them.

"Sure why not?" Justin says condescendingly.

"Justin...please don't." I grip onto his arm tightly. I don't want to do this.

"Get the kid." He brushes me off.

"But..."

"The kid Hailey!" Justin growls in a voice that's not his own. It's deep and loud and echoes off the walls. I've never seen him like this. He's a pure...monster. Oh my god. Stumbling away from them, I look over at the teenage boy who looks like he's on the verge of passing out.

"I...I've read about you all. You're vampires aren't you?" The boy voice quakes and I feel terrible. Well sort of.

"Kid's smart." Justin mutters as he rushes up to a terrified Matt and grips him roughly around the neck. Matt tries to say something but swallows his words when Justin easily lifts him off the ground effortlessly.

"Look kid just be easy." I state. I'm not going to stay and watch Justin in his element. I can't look at that. Walking over to the boy, he lifts his hand in the air making a cross sign with his fingers at me.

"Stay away from me. Please just leave me alone. Don't, don't kill me." He begs.

Rolling my eyes, I jump up on the counter and grip him by his collar before hoisting him off the floor. I'm a little surprised by my strength but I guess I should have expected this.

Taking him over to where Justin is standing just observing Matt from where he has him up in the air, I groan. "What about the kid Justin?" I inquire.

Turning to look at me, he blinks a few times before his blues return. "Your first kill." Justin says in an obvious manner.

"What?!" I shout, dropping the boy onto the floor.

"Please don't..." the boy begs but I'm ignoring him.

"Justin."

"Give me a minute." Justin interrupts while I hear Matt begging to put him down. And before I can even protest, he's gone in a flash with Matt.

"Shit." I mutter, looking down at the young boy. "Listen..."

"Please if you're going to bite me, don't kill me. Change me instead or something." He explains before he stands up to face me, studying me intently. "You don't want to do this do you?" He inquires with inquisitive eyes.

Placing my hands on my hips in attitude I just glare at him incredulously. "Shouldn't you be afraid of me?" I ask.

"Well your boyfriend yeah. But you...you're..." And he's cut off when we hear Matt let out a blood curdling scream before Justin growls ‘stay still' and I shudder.

Backing up and hitting his back on one of the shelves, the boy looks at me with pleading eyes and I really can't go through with it. "Ok kid, just go and don't tell anyone what you saw here." I whisper. Nodding his head rapidly and thanking me, he makes a beeline for the exit of the store, nearly tripping in the process. Laughing, I watch as he swings the door open and takes off down the sidewalk in warp speed.

"You let him go?" Jumping in shock, I whirl around to find Justin standing behind me with an unnerving glare. "You never let a person know our kind exists and let them go." He growls with a raised brow and I grimace at the crimson red substance smeared on his chin and lips. I furrow my brows in disdain when he licks his fingertips and cleans himself off practically unfazed by how sick this all is.

 

"Ugh. This...you're disgusting Justin." Turning away from him, I briskly walk out of the store and down the sidewalk. It's not long before he catches up to me but I'm ignoring him.

"Hailey..." And I snap.

"Justin I told you no! I told you I didn't want to kill my fucking boss but you didn't listen to me!" I scream and he stops abruptly to glare at me with darkened orbs. For some strange reason, I don't feel as bad as I should. It's almost like I barely have a conscience now. It's a little scary that I feel so cold and unaffectionate. I guess it comes with the territory but I still know that this is wrong.

"His blood tasted tangy anyway. Too much drugs in his system. Wasn't even worth the kill." He shrugs and my eyes grow wide from his uncaring nature. "And I know you're hungry. You need to feed and it's not going to be off of me. You need fresh blood Hailey." Justin narrows his eyes and I scream out in frustration, ignoring the passers by.

"I didn't ask for any of this! Can't I kill a cow or something? Damn it Justin! I don't want to be like this!" I yell, gesturing to myself.

"Your eyes are glowing red." He points out nonchalantly and I stomp my feet harshly before I whirl around and begin walking away again.

"I hate this! I just want my life back. This is so not worth it!" I belt as my hands flail and I continue to stomp away.

"You're saying you don't want to be with me?" Justin asks incredulously before he catches up again and this time he grips my arm harshly, yanking me into a side alley. I can see the hurt in his eyes but I don't care about that right now.

"Just leave me alone Justin!" I spit furiously, but he slams me up against a wall and I gasp when I see his features actually changing right in front of me. It's not just his eyes and fangs this time. His entire face is changing...contorting into something inhuman. "Holy shit!" I blurt out when his cheeks deflate and his skin crinkles slightly. His face looks almost like a...a skeleton. And his touch is icy. "Wow." I say in awe, trying to push him off me but he's stronger as he tilts his head to the side to glare at me fiercely. Ok, he's freaking me out now. He needs to change back. I can't handle seeing him like this.

"You don't have a choice Hailey! This is what you are. This is what we are! The sooner you accept that, the sooner we can get back to our normal lives once we get rid of Vampira." He hisses but I'm still obsessing over the fact that he doesn't look like Justin anymore. You know, I almost forgot about her and this stupid prophecy.

"Get off me Justin." I growl lowly while I grip a chuck of his shirt and push at his chest.

"Not until you accept this as your fate. Deal with it Hailey. It's a dark desire we have...this thirst for blood. But it can't be helped. It's not glamorous but it's what we need to do to survive."

"There has to be a loop hole." I retort.

"You want to kill cows then fine. You find one here in LA and you kill it." Justin grunts. "But I swear if you keep up like this, you're going to get us both killed. Violet is..."

"Enough! I'm so sick and tired of hearing her name Justin!" I scream agitatedly before I use all my built up rage to jack him roughly in the chest.

Pinning my body against the slimy wall, I watch in shock as he goes sailing to the other side of the alley when a gush of wind from the force of my shove lifts him off the ground before he falls down on the damp concrete with a thud.

Slapping my hands over my mouth in astonishment, Justin has a disbelieving look on his face before he shakes it off and shoots up on his feet, dusting himself off in the process. He glares at me with a stunned expression and I frown when his human features come back and his fangs disappear. "You want to be like that? Fine. We'll see how safe you are out here at night without me around. They're everywhere Hailey! The things that lurk in the night. Just because you're ignorant isn't going to make them go away and it isn't going to change what you are now!" He belts violently. And just like that, he takes flight, lifting off the ground and disappearing into the black sky.

 

I'm left standing here alone in this dark, grungy alley confused and infuriated. Blocking my eyes from the dirt particles that rose into the air when Justin took off, I feel a sudden burn in my throat before an emotion I didn't know I was capable of feeling takes over. Slamming my head against the wall in rage, I cast my vision to the night's sky feeling frustrated and...sad. Before I can control my urges, something wet streams down my cheeks. Blinking rapidly when my vision blurs, I place my fingers on my cheeks wiping the soggy substance off. Gazing down at my hands, I scowl when I see the color of crimson red.

"I should have known we'd cry tears of blood." I huff before I sniffle a bit. Ok, maybe I was a little harsh with Justin. Still, did he have to just take off like that? I can't exactly follow him.

Lifting my shirt to my face, I wipe off my blood tears before I hear talking and laughing from somewhere down the alley. Casting my vision in the direction of the voices, I notice a few people disappear through some side door. It looks like some club or underground place.

I know I shouldn't be curious and go snooping. I should maybe go looking for Justin but he's probably long gone by now. I guess he just needs to cool off. Shrugging, I jog down the alley to where I saw the people vanish.

Stopping in front of the large metal door, I bang on it a few times before it swings open. Taking a few steps back, I'm greeted with a large dark man in a black suit and sunglasses. "Can I help you miss?" He says in a gruff tone.

"Uh yeah, what's here exactly?" I inquire as I shift my weight on my feet while glancing over his shoulder.

Peering at me over his glasses he smirks. "Why don't you come in and find out?" He smiles before taking a step to the side for me to enter.

Before I can even get a word in, someone intercedes. "She's just being curious. You'll have to excuse her. Come on Hailey." I feel a tight grip on my hand and I turn to glare at Justin without budging.

"She's your new prey Justin?" The guy asks knowingly and my interest peeks. They know each other? "I haven't seen you around here in a while." He adds in.

"Uh yeah I've been busy." Justin says uneasily.

"Then why don't you bring her into the party?"

"Look I'm not sure that's a good idea."

"Come on. You always bring them in here." The guy pats Justin's shoulder but he brushes him off.

"Not this time." Justin snaps sternly and hauls me away before the guy can get another word in.

 

 

When we're out of the dark alley and unto the sidewalk again, I yank my hand away and pick up my pace creating some distance between us.

"Damn it Hailey, you're so stubborn." Justin groans in irritation.

"I thought you left."

"I did, I was...until I sensed where you were going. I honestly didn't expect you to be getting into trouble this quickly." He chortles softly before catching up to me.

"What trouble and how do you know that guy back there?" I inquire.

"Long story. He's actually a vampire just like us. Only, he's different. He's what we call an energy or psychic vampire. They feed on energy directly. They sense and manipulate energy, pulling it into them in order to refill themselves. We on the other hand are blood vampires. We feed off blood to reenergize ourselves. They're other kinds besides what I stated as well. I think he sensed you were one of us else he wouldn't have invited you in. You haven't one hundred percent evolved just yet. Your powers are still developing. Like that shove you gave me earlier indicates your strength is increasing." Justin explains casually.

"Yeah sorry about that." I mutter. "I never knew there were different kinds. So that was some kind of vampire nightclub?" I giggle.

"Kind of, except with the uh biting each other and orgies and shit." Justin shrugs before he grips my hand in his softly. They really do that? That's amazing. But, I don't want to know.

"You know, for a spawn of evil you're cute." I smile at him and he's just glaring at me emotionlessly. "You know, you're holding my hand." I point out with another smile.

"Oh yeah right. That was a reflex action and for you not to run away when I tell you if you don't feed soon you'll pass out." He explains.

"Seriously?"

"Seriously Hailey."

"But I'm not ready!" I whine.

"Fine, we need to head back since your family is arriving soon anyway. I'll let you feed off me but this is the last time. After that whether you like it or not you're going to have to kill." He warns.

"Ok, ok."

"Alright. Let's go home." He beams before he starts dragging me down the sidewalk until his pace picks up into a light jog.

"Justin why are we running?" I laugh, trying to keep up with him. "The car's parked..."

"Who said we were driving? We're conquering your fear of flying." He states firmly before he lets out a light chuckle.

"What? No...no. Justin! Ah!" I scream when our feet leave the ground unexpectedly and we're airborne again.

Shutting my eyes, I count to ten hearing him laughing at me but I'm not opening my eyes. I refuse to.

Damn it. I hate this. I can't wait for this nightmare to be over.

 

*****

 

When we finally return to the beach house, I notice it's fully lit including the outside lights which are on. Justin allowed me to feed off him like he promised but I know for a fact I'm really going to have to kill eventually. I really hate this.

Justin and I landed on the deserted beach a few minutes ago only to be greeted by Mark who popped out of nowhere.

This is the first time I've seen Mark since he's changed. He looks almost the same only...dead. His face is pale and flaky, his green eyes are dull and there are dark rims around them. His lips have a pinkish purple color and he's glaring at the two of us intently like we're the most intriguing things he's ever seen.

"Mark." I whisper and his eyes dart over to me before he smiles lightly and nods his head almost like a servant would. "You look...wow." I state and he nods again without responding. "Why won't you speak? Are you mute?" I inquire this time.

"He can't speak unless I tell him to." Justin mumbles and I should have known. "What is it Mark?" Justin asks, before griping my wrist and pulling me against his chest.

"There was a vampire looking for you earlier. One of Vampira's slaves. She knows where you are. She's coming for you sir." Mark explains in a deep voice and I frown.

"I know. We won't be here after tonight. It's fine Mark thank you." Justin replies calmly and I'm wondering why he isn't freaked out by this. We don't exactly want Violet knowing where we are do we?

"Also, her family in here." Mark adds while gesturing to me and my eyes widen.

"I know that too. Did they try to slay you? I told them you would be here when they arrived." Justin explains.

"No sir."

"Good, that will be all Mark. You can leave now." Justin adds in and without a second to lose, Mark whips around and takes off down the beach into the night.

"You're controlling him aren't you?" I whisper to Justin as he leads me to his beach house in silence. When he doesn't bother to respond I groan inwardly. "That's fucked up that you did this to him you know." I add in, but still no reply. Instead, Justin drops my hand and picks up his pace. "Are you ignoring me?" I catch up to him and jack him lightly.

"I do not know what is wrong with you today but I do not like you picking fights with me Hailey. If I lose my temper on you I can seriously hurt you and I don't want that." Justin growls, never once looking at me as his eyes darken and his fangs descend.

"Because you love me right?" I mock. I can't help it. I feel weird, my mind is completely hazed and the more time that passes, the more unfeeling I become. And yet, I'm welcoming it.

"You're going through some serious mood swings as your powers are evolving and that's ok, but, you also need to understand that you're connected to Violet so you need to watch yourself else she'll pick up on your energy patterns." He explains and I'm lost.

"What aren't you telling me now?" I ask curiously as we walk up the side steps of his house.

"You're about to find out."

And before I can get another word in, we're surrounded by a group of people I've never seen before in my life.

 

 

As my eyes flit over the many faces, I take a step back until my father comes into view and I gasp from shock. "Dad?!" I belt, sprinting towards him and latching unto his shoulders. Giving me a tight hug, he laughs lightly before he pulls back to get a good look at me.

"Look at you. You look so different. I never thought the next time we'd meet you'd be what our family loves to hate." He muses and I just shrug, still confused as ever.

"I'm just waiting for someone to fill me in here. I know there is more to be told." I reply and he nods in agreement.

"Of course. And I assume Justin is taking good care of you?" Arching his brows, dad looks over at Justin who seems to be paying more attention to the bystanders.

"She's a handful." Justin finally mutters, never once looking in our direction. He's being a jerk today.

"As expected." Dad chuckles and I scowl unappreciatively.

The moment I open my mouth to say something else, Justin cuts me off. "Let's all head inside to get this over with." He states and everyone agrees before we're led into the house. As my supposed family makes themselves comfortable, I shut off a few lights not really loving that the entire place is so illuminated.

Making my way back over to them, I take a seat next to Justin who's idly messing with the hem of his black shirt. Rolling my eyes, I look over at my father when he stands and makes his way to the center of the living room floor. They're all dressed in what looks like ancient attire with the puffy white long sleeved shirts, pants and signature layer of jackets and vests.

"Ok everyone. I think Hailey deserves to know what's going on." Dad begins and the silent crowd nods in agreement. I'm wondering if any of them speak at all. "Hailey sweetie, as you know I'm sure Justin informed you on the prophecy and your family of protectors who have been watching over you for most of your life."

"Wow dad, knowing that I was being spied on most of my life is so comforting." I say sarcastically and Justin just shoots me an evil glare.

"Don't get smart. Just listen." Justin demands and I huff before pushing back in my seat.

"It's ok Justin. I expect her to be a little upset that we're just dumping this on her. Honey, we did it to protect you so don't worry too much about it. Now, the reason why we are here is to help you exercise the powers you have evolving in order to beat Vampira. There is not much else we can tell you that Justin hasn't. What we can tell you is the moment we placed that blue sapphire stone on your finger, your energy patterns and Violet's were connected. That's why she knows your whereabouts. She doesn't know it's the stone you're wearing that caused it. She thinks that she's finally linked onto your energy source. You are to never let her know about that ring. It could save both you and Justin's life in battle. Ask for when that day will come, it is all up to Violet." Fox explains and I frown.

"Are you telling me I could be stuck as a vampire for maybe years because she's not ready to face Justin and me?" I ask incredulously.

"I'm telling you, once she feels she is strong enough, she will show up but it won't be here." He begins and I scowl again.

"Then where the hell will it be?"

This time, Justin interrupts by giving us the answer. "At my castle in Europe. England to be exact." He explains and my eyes widen.

"What!?" Jumping off my chair, I back away from them but stop abruptly when Justin stands to face me. "I don't even want to know." I hiss.

"What the hell is your problem today Hailey?" Justin growls as his eyes darken immensely. He doesn't scare me anymore. He's still just Justin to me now.

"No one told me I was continent hopping." I cry out but all I'm met with are emotionless stares. "You people, don't any of you speak?" I belt feeling frustrated by this whole situation.

"Hailey calm down. It's for the best that you live with Justin where his castle is heavily guarded until this is over. That way you will not be caught by surprise. Sweetie, we're here to help you train and strengthen your powers tonight, then, Justin will carry on from there. You know the prophecy. When it is over, once you beat Violet, you can return home if you wish. Just please try to understand. There is no other way." Fox reasons and really, I'm not liking any of this.

"Fine dad. Ok, I'll just accept this fucking destiny you slapped in my face. No more medical school, no more life...I'm you guys fighting slave to end some vampire species...fine. But don't expect me to like it." I grumble and Justin just shakes his head sadly before he brushes past me and storms out of the glass doors that lead to the deserted beach.

"What the hell is wrong with him?" I scoff while locking eyes with my aging father. He's fairer than me, a little taller than Justin and his black curly hair has grey streaks in it.

"Hailey, Justin loves you. When you talk like that, you're hurting him because you not wanting any part of this life means you don't want anything to do with him either. And he's been looking for you for centuries. He may be a vampire but he still has a heart as do you. That's why you're able to feel these emotions." Dad explains with a knowing glare and now I feel terrible. Just perfect.

"Ok, ok whatever. Justin will be fine. Let's get this training over with." I relent.

"Justin told us you dreamt how to kill Violet, which was part of the prophecy as well. He saw the dream but said you didn't remember it?" Dad questions and I instantly get anxious.

"He uh, offered to help me remember." I shrug.

"I see..." Dad trails off, waiting for me to continue.

Scanning over the curious faces in the room, I groan loudly knowing I must have hurt Justin's feelings when I refused for him to kiss me or whatever he had to do to help me remember the stupid dream earlier tonight. Well, I'm really feeling this guilt trip today. "Yeah, I'll ask him again when we're done."

"You do that. Now, I want to introduce you to your family of protectors so we can get some training in before we leave for the night. Justin has a teleporting spell he'll use to get you all to Europe and we'll see you there in a few days when our flights leave." Dad reasons and I nod in agreement.

"Ok dad." I sigh softly, just wanting all of this to be over.

As the various men and women stand from their sitting positions and walk up to me, I can feel a hint of nervousness empower me. They are all so, young and beautiful. It's hard to fathom that they are all my family. It's like my reality has been flipped upside-down on me.

"Ok, they are all Foxworths." My father begins and I shake my head as I study their stern expressions. They really mean business here. "From left to right, this is Katrina, Vaughn, Cecily, Bernard, Hilbert, Morgan, Marcel, Troy, Silvia and William who is the youngest." Dad states. For the first time that night, they all speak, greeting me with hellos, handshakes and light hugs. Again, this is beyond weird for me but whatever.

"Good, now that we are all acquainted, we can begin. Don't worry about remembering who is who. You'll get it eventually. Now we're going to work on your flying, fighting skills, force fields, levitation and strengthening your mind among other things. I think we have a few hours. And don't worry Hailey; you have all these powers already. We're just going to get them working right for you"

Moving away from me, my father and my family members instantly begin clearing our surroundings but all I can think of is Justin. Where the hell did he disappear to now? He's not even doing the freaky thing of reading my mind. I guess I really pissed him off. I mean, I love him too. I didn't mean to hurt him. I feel really bad now. I'll have to apologize once we're alone again.

But, I can't dwell on that now. I need to focus. By the looks of things, I'm going to be burnt and sore by the end of this training session.

Again I say being a vampire isn't all it's cracked up to be...

 

*****

Hours later...

 

I'm sore, tired, beat and alone. When they said training, I had no idea I'd be tossed and flipped around the house like I was. Flying was the worse when I had to take off and land. It wasn't anything to talk about really. I will say I've gained some needed control over my powers, but I'm only going to be engrossed in it when Justin takes over. I'm just glad it's all over. I'm not about to reminisce on the pain either. Those people were brutal. They even threatened to slay me if I wasn't serious and cooperated. How messed up is that?

So anyway, my family of slayers left a while now and Justin still hasn't returned from his long departure. I guess he's a little more than just pissed off with me. He shouldn't be. I mean, being a creature of the night isn't that great. I can't walk in the sun and I can't enjoy the daytime like he can. I could enjoy a sunset, but never a sunrise. Not until this is all over.

"My body hurts..." I mumble as I make my way into our shared bedroom. Kicking off my shoes by the door, I gaze over my surroundings and the black and white color scheme. I can't help but smile. If we live through this and become mortal again, I'm wondering if Justin's fetish with black will stay.

 

"You did well today. I know your family was rough on you, but you'll have your powers mastered in no time." I'm met with a grainy voice and I spin around in fright before my eyes land on a downhearted Justin.

"You scared me." I giggle while touching my chest for emphasis. Where the hell was he all this time? I don't think I even want to know.

"Sorry..." He mutters before he pulls off his black jacket and tosses his shoes aside. I guess now is as good a time to apologize considering how sad he seems to be.

"Look Justin I...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you in any way I was just..."

"It's ok." He interrupts me before pealing off his shirt and remaining in just his jeans.

"No, no I hurt you and..."

"It's ok Hailey. I know you're sorry." He enforces before facing me. "I read your mind." He shrugs shyly.

Arching a brow at him, I smile lightly when his lips curve into a grin. "Ok sneaky. So how long are you going to make me grovel for your forgiveness?" I enquire.

"Not long." He chortles, before he uses his invisible force to pull me over to where he's standing.

 

Smirking at his antics, I wrap my arms around his neck gazing into his crystal blues. Passing my hands over his short curls, he shuts his eyes momentarily before he squeezes my side softly. "I'm not angry at you and I forgive you for being a spoilt brat." He chuckles, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well thanks." I spit sarcastically.

Fluttering his eyes open, he tilts his head to the side, studying me intently. "I like your hair straight." He blurts out and I just brush him off.

"I don't even want to know what else you did to me since I can't see myself." I mock.

"Nothing, just straightened your hair." He says proudly, slicking his fingers through my locks.

"I liked it curly." I retort with a pout, never releasing the hold I have on him.

"It was hot that way too. I'll put it back curly eventually. I just wanted to see what you looked like with straight hair..."

"Uh huh." I cut him off before I lean up and capture his soft, cold, pink lips with mine.

Letting out a low growl, he pulls me against his bare chest and instantly deepens the kiss. His body is cold to the touch but he still feels so amazing. Maybe I'm just obsessed because I mean we love each other right? But, we're dead right? Well technically. Are dead people supposed to get down like this?

Pulling away from me, Justin suddenly busts out laughing and I'm just standing there staring at him oddly. "What?" I ask.

"I need to stop reading your mind." He snickers and I furrow my brows at him innocently. "You have some weird shit going on in there." He chortles but I don't find it funny.

"Whatever." I smile before I crash our lips together again.

"Mmm...Hailey..." Justin mutters between kisses.

"What?" I snap, as I nibble on his bottom lip hungrily. Shit, I can feel my fangs threatening to descend with how hot this is.

"You want to bite me again." He croaks then plunges his tongue down my throat before I can even respond.

Backing us up to the bed, I push at his chest and he falls back, taking me with him. Straddling his waist, I continue to kiss him hungrily before he rolls and flips us over so he's hovering on top. My hands instantly begin rubbing and groping at his bare chest until they make their way down to where his jeans is pinned. The moment my palms graze over his hardening erection, his entire body goes rigid and he instantly pulls away from me, breaking our kissing session.

"Justin why..." But he silences me by placing a finger over my lips.

"No...I need to cast that teleporting spell. We're not safe here." He rambles out. When he tries to get up, I immediately wrap my legs around his waist, trapping him.

"No...don't...don't go. Don't stop." I beg feeling completely turned on. He can't really be serious here.

"Hailey..." Justin sighs but I'm ignoring him. Cringing, I open my mouth slightly when I feel my fangs slowly descend from my upper jaw. Passing my tongue over them gently, Justin's eyes widen slightly when he looks down at me.

"I knew you wanted to bite me." He laughs out.

"Maybe a little?" I giggle and he just groans. When he attempts to move again, I grip his shoulders and pull him down into another kiss.

 

"Hail...shit." He hisses when I pierce his bottom lip slightly with one of my fangs. As I suck up the trickles of blood fiercely, Justin lets out a deeply rooted growl before he starts pulling away from me again. "S...stop hail...damn it." He grunts.

Sighing in defeat, I let him go so he can lift his body off mine slightly. Glaring at me, he darts out his tongue and skims it over the tiny cut I placed on his bottom lip not saying anything. Smiling at him innocently, I break eye-contact when I see his orbs darken.

"Can't you like, cast your spells while we're you know...occupied?" I gesture but he doesn't answer. Instead, he gives me an evil, skin-crawling smile before his large cold hands snake under the shirt I'm wearing.

"So, this is how you want to play huh?" He growls as his fangs pop out. Oh no. "I could definitely teleport us while we're...you know...occupied." He mocks me. And, in the blink of an eye, he easily rips off my shirt along with my bra from my body. Not that I'm complaining, but the predator look he's giving me is a little unnerving.

"Justin, I...you know, you're right. I'll behave." I say uneasily, trying to push him off me but he doesn't budge.

"Oh no you don't. I can read your mind Hailey. I know what you want...what you want me to do to you." He whispers and I think every hair on my body just stood on edge. Shit that was hot but still a little terrifying.

"But..."

"Just stay still." He instructs, before he seats up and begins fiddling with my jeans. When he gets it undone, he swiftly pulls it and my underwear down leaving me fully nude and vulnerable.

I'm kind of enjoying this. His hands cautiously roam over my mounds, massaging me lightly as his mouth curls into a tender smile. "You really are beautiful." He coos.

Giving him a mischievous grin, my hands quickly find his jeans, unpinning the button and bringing down the zipper.

Justin easily shimmies out of his clothes before he nestles himself between my legs again.

"Ok, so do you want to be conscious or not for this little trip?" He inquires and I frown, not able to really focus on his line of questioning with his erection poking at my stomach.

"Wha..."

"Never mind, I'll deal with it." He states, before he leans down and captures my lips into another passion filled kiss. Feeling my eyes roll to the back of my head at the intensity of this entire situation, I latch my legs around his waist again to give him ample access. My head is spinning and I really just want him to get this over with. Using one of his free hands, he steadies himself and grips his icy cold shaft to position himself at my entrance. I can feel my senses at full alert as I anticipate his next move.

Breaking away to glare at me, he kisses me lightly a few times before he drops his head to the side to whisper in my ears. "I love you Hailey, and by the time you wake up, we'll be in Europe and I'll explain everything that's left to be explained ok? This will only hurt a little bit." He states calmly.

Before I can even get an opportunity to ask him what he means, I gasp when he swiftly slides his way into my awaiting center without any warning, stretching my walls apart. Arching my back off the bed when a wave of pleasure rips through me, I latch unto his shoulder for support as he easily sets a steady pace with his powerful thrusts. "Ugh shit..." I moan, not able to really move since he's holding me in place. What really catches me off guard, causing my eyes to widen significantly, is when he kisses my neck lightly before he mutters something incoherent and his fangs graze over my flesh, piercing my skin unexpectedly.

Digging my fingers into his shoulder blades when he starts sucking the life out of me, my body begins writhing underneath him, but he's not letting up. In fact, he increases his suction threatening to knock me unconscious.

"Ju...Justin..." I cry out weakly as he continues to move inside of me, causing my walls to contract around him involuntarily. I'm only met by his deep growls as he continues his task at hand. Oh my god...

It's way too much to withstand. Him drawing my blood and making love to me at the exactly same time is just...it's too much. My body can't handle the mixture of such intense feelings and sensations. It's like, a pleasurable pain and I can literally feel my head light and dizzy.

Not having enough energy to fight him on this, I simply give in as my eyes shut tightly. I trust him right? And, he said that when I woke up we'd be home in England or whatever right? So as confusing and mind-blowing as this all seems to be, I'm just going to...to let things be. I'm trusting that he'll explain himself when we get to where we're going.

Unable to protest further, I simply allow my body to relax under Justin's hold until total blackness surrounds me, taking over and knocking me unconscious...

 

****

Poem: Dark Desire by Claire

 

*End of Part 4*

 

 

Completed
d_simplicity is the author of 38 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Part 4 - Blood Tears: Dark Desire also liked 35 other stories.
This story is part of the series, The Blood Series: A Vampire’s Love. The previous story in the series is Part 3 - Blood Secrets: Dark Dreams. The next story in the series is Part 5 - Blood Red: Dark Fire.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story