Author's Chapter Notes:

Well whoever is reading I hope your enjoying, next chapter. Feel free to leave a comment.

Next Day

I sat cross legged on the chair as I typed my next assignment due on Tuesday, I hugged myself as I read through my work slipping one of my arms in my huge UCLA Sweatshirt leaving the other to do all the keyboard work. I had earphones in my ears listening to slow music mainly Whitney Houston on my laptop. I yawned loudly as I forced myself to stare at the screen and re check my work. The night before or shall I say the morning, Carrie had an amazing birthday, the girl couldn't stop thanking us and I am happy how it all went to plan and all the extra little parts that happened.

‘Morning Cass' I looked up hearing something faint. Carrie sat down next to me looking at me expectantly like she just asked me a question.

‘Did you say something?' I asked taking out one of the earphones.

‘Yeah, morning! You're already doing work!' She exclaimed resting her body gently on mine looking at my laptop.

‘Obviously you guys are going to keep me up today talking about what happened yesterday since we didn't do that when we got home' she nodded her head sighing and trying to stretch.

‘I was so extra tired Cass; my feet kill, my hips feel like they have inside bruises' she grumbled massaging her exposed hips.

‘That's what happens when you dance for hours' I told her in a motherly tone for which she ignored and continued her whining.

‘I know but, damn my body aches' I nodded turning my music off.

I smiled turning fully to her ‘Did you have a good time though?'

‘Fuck yes!' she cried then coughed and calmed down to her normal tone. ‘I mean; we partied like crazy, DJ did a shout out, played my favourite jam. I thank you for that' she wrapped her arms round me tightly.  

‘Me, really I never did most of those things'

‘I thank your friend then'

‘He isn't my friend' I corrected her.

‘Sure Cass and I haven't know you since Pre-School what do you take me for?' she cried. I don't think she meant for me to answer but I couldn't help myself it was open there for me.

‘A fool at times' she leaned over and pinched me.

‘Take that back' I put my hands up defensively smiling.

‘Why are you not excited about it as I am' she giggled doing a little dance to herself.

‘Carrie its a person like any one of us' I showed with my fingers pointing to her and me.

She sighed out loud waving her arm in the air with frustration. ‘But its freaking Justin Timberlake'. I sighed and nodded. It was Justin Timberlake. I never thought we'd hit it off so fucking great. We just had such a great night we were laughing and talking, not like deep conversation. ‘Cause boy I don't know the man that well, but we joked about our friends. It was just too crazy how I couldn't walk away and say nice meeting you. I wanted to so badly. You'd have to be like extra stupid to even consider this person wanted to spend more time in your company. You'd be down right crazy if you wanted to spend time in his company ‘cause come on who wants their life watched 24/7 cause I sure as hell don't.

But I cannot lie ladies, he is a true charmer and he charmed me to reveal my digits.

‘Your not happy babes why?' I looked up and tried to put on a smile

‘Nothing its okay I'm just worried about this getting finished' I lied looking back to it.

‘I wont disturb you, you finish that and us girls can talk later' I stared at Carrie, was she for real? I was obviously not okay I can tell she knows I'm not okay. I almost felt like hitting myself for being stupid enough to think Carrie doesn't know me when I'm clearly not okay but she knows I am actually truly worried about the paper.

Later


Michelle was first to see me emerge from the living room ‘Oh look who's finished their school work' I mocked Michelle back with a face a then stuck my tongue out. Sunday was our day where we usually stay in our pyjamas or something baggy loose and comfy.

‘What have I missed?' I asked as I stood by the bed looking at their relaxed bodies some legs trailed on someone else. Pillows moved about so that everyone was comfortable.

‘Your lucky all you've missed is 3 games of thumb war' Kendra said making it sound important.

‘Damn the best part' Kendra pulled me down on the King size bed.

‘Ok Miss Sarcastic so I want the whole story on what happened with Justin' I turned my head to the side and smiled to the rest whose heads had lifted up from the thick pillows.

‘Do you now' I played. I explained them as much as I could in detail. Trying my best to relay as much conversation as I could remember.

‘Alright you went from grinding on the man for hours to a kiss on the cheek someone explain this to me'

‘Kendra you see not everybody has them against the wall going for the kill'

‘Tryna say something Michelle' Michelle went quiet as she thought.

‘Nope' she said in a simple voice making us laugh as Kendra hugged Michelle.

‘Has he called yet?' Kendra asked

‘Nope' I shook my head not giving it a second thought.

‘I bet you haven't even checked your phone' Michelle said out loud she obviously tried to make it sound as inaudible as possible but failed.

‘I haven't but my phone is loud' I shrugged it off.

‘Do ya like him Cassandra' Carrie cooed nudging me.

‘No of course not' I frowned shaking my head moving my hands to show no way.

‘That means of course I do' we all giggled

‘Well come on we all think he's hot so yeah I like his body and his image'

‘His personality?' Michelle asked moving her head closer so that I'd look into her eyes and tell the truth.

‘Don't know it'

‘Oh so what were you doing in VIP then' Kendra folded her arms not taking my bullshit any longer.

‘Alright he's funny' the girls all began to talk at once.

‘Bingo he's a keeper' Michelle said as the girls nodded in agreement.

‘Well how do we know?'

‘Watch and see' Michelle said pointing to Kendra and Carrie

‘Cassie why did you end it?' Carrie asked in her normal voice. Kendra on the other hand pulled her hair out and let it fall loosely around her pretending to be me.

‘I refuse to ever go out with somebody who is not funny. If I ever do I will commit suicide and stop me too girls okay. Errr, men who think they are funny are disgustingly not funny' Kendra played up to me in such a dramatic way but I must admit those were my words.

‘That my friend is how we know he is a keeper' Michelle concluded.

‘How do you know I'm not lying and feeling sorry for him saying he is funny?'

‘You would say' Michelle began again and Kendra too the role of me.

‘He's sorta funny' I had to laugh at this girly voice Kendra put on for me.  ‘Come on Cassie I saw you banging your knee laughing' Kendra added as I glared at her smiling.

‘So Cassie do you like him' I couldn't stop the smile appearing on my face.

‘I dunno ok' they all smiled and made a little squeal.

‘Can we please get your phone' Kendra said about to push me off the bed.

‘Oh fine' I jumped off the bed and walked down the hall to my room that I shared with Kendra. My phone was off but that was because it ran out of battery and I was charging it. I switched it on hoping to see a message or a missed call but there wasn't anything. I sighed in frustration. Why was I even thinking he was going to call back he has billions of friends why would he go out of his way just to call me.

‘Hurry up!' they all shouted making me skip back down.

‘See nothing' I told them putting my phone in between us all we all stared at it probably hoping it would ring right there and then but it didn't and I'd just like to say I'm pretty damn well happy he didn't call or text me cause I don't need a hurricane messing up what I've got. Yes Justin Timberlake to me is a hurricane he would just sweep everything up and chuck it down broken and messed up sooner or later.


‘You didn't give him the wrong number did you' Michelle asked Thursday night as we prepared dinner. I was so taken back by her random question it didn't even register in my head what she was talking about.

‘Huh?'

‘Justin did you change a digit, I'd be surprised since your so bad at lying' 

‘I didn't change a digit and I'm not that bad at lying'

‘Yes you are!' Carrie shouted from the dining room table, I spun round and let my jaw drop.

‘No I'm not am I?' Carrie looked up and nodded then went back to her school work we all looked up to Kendra walking through the door.

‘Stopped studying in the library' I played with Kendra  

‘Yeah sorry I know it was my turn to cook. Guess what I bought...Armageddon' Kendra smiled and shut the door we all smiled knowing that was our favourite film together. ‘So how was everyone's day then? Better than mine?. I spent the whole day studying'.  

‘I have the most pathetic piece of Study I have to read and I will not lie I will express my mind to my professor' Carrie complained at the table.

‘Is it really pathetic?' I asked hoping I could change her frame of mind as I stood next to her to see.

‘Yes it is like something for us just to do before the weekend'.

‘That reminds me I gotta go home for the weekend so I wont be here' I announced to everyone.

‘Me either well I'm going out with Elliot Friday night so I'm probably going to stay round his' Kendra informed as she headed to the bedroom to put her bags away.

‘Don't do anything round there' I warned her.

‘Me no I met the guy like a month ago' she waved a hand to show she wasn't bothered. Michelle and I smiled to each other knowingly but didn't let on. I continued finishing up setting the table.

‘Din Din is gonna be ready any minute' I called putting plates on the table. I saw Carrie not moving one bit so I shut her laptop she looked up to me giving me a fake pissed off look.

‘My eyes were starting to hurt' I giggled giving her the towel to wipe the plates.

‘Guys we've gone vegetarian tonight' Michelle announced happy.

‘Oh MICHELLE!' Carrie and Kendra groaned.

 


Incomplete
Cindercal is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Differences Alike also liked 394 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story