Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been so long. Thanks to everyone for reading and reviewing!

 

            I woke up to my cell phone ringing right next to my head.  I need to remember to put my phone on silent when I sleep. “What?” I asked into the phone before even opening my eyes.

            “Good morning Dallas” a much too cheerful voice answered. I opened one eye to look at the clock and see it is eight o’clock in the morning.

            “What Justin?”

            “We were supposed to go shoot some hoops before breakfast,” he answered with a laugh.

            “And?”

            “Let’s go, I’m waiting.” I heard him nock on the door and closed my phone before getting out of bed and quickly changing into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top.

            Justin laughed as I opened the door, “Shut up,” I responded.

            “You’re so cranky in the morning.”

            “I got like 2 hours of sleep last night.”

            “Wow, that’s an hour and forty five minutes more sleep than I got.”

            He really always has to do better than me.  He’s so competitive it’s annoying, “Well you’re a freak and don’t need sleep.” I said as I followed him to the elevator.

            Justin rolled his eyes and tossed the basketball in his hands, “So what’s the plan for today Dallas?”

            We are in Dallas, which is really weird to me because I’m back home in Dallas and I’m staying at the W Hotel. I’ve never even stepped foot inside of this place and now I’m staying in a room on the twelfth floor. It’s a little surreal.

            “I’m going to dinner at home, you’re coming right?”

            Justin nodded his head as we stepped off at the gym, “We’re going golfing right?”

            “Yes, for someone so obsessed with golf you’d think you’d be a little better.”

            “My father doesn’t own golf courses. I haven’t been golfing since I could walk.”

            “That’s sad,” I answered sarcastically, there he goes again always being competitive.  He can’t just admit that I’m better than he is at golf, there’s always an excuse.

            “I know, it really is,” he laughed, “my father doesn’t own a basketball team either but I’ll still kick your ass at that.”

“You’re ridiculous.”

            “Am I?”

            “Yes.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

            After some ball and breakfast we drove over to Dallas’s parent’s house. It’s a nice house, pretty big; then again her father does own golf courses. I can’t wait to play. I have become obsessed.  The truth is I just need to kick Dallas’s ass. It bruises the ego a little to be beat by a girl every time I play.  Granted, she’s been playing since she could walk. It still sucks.

            “You’re sister’s going to go apeshit.” Marty said.

            “She is,” Dallas laughed.

            “Why is she going to go apeshit?”

            “Audrey is obsessed with you,” Marty answered with a laugh.

            “Is she?” they both nodded their heads, “What are we talking, fainting? Screaming? Crying? What’s the degree of obsession here?”

            “I don’t think she’ll faint, she’ll probably scream… possibly cry.”

            “Probably scream, cry and laugh at the same time.  She’s known for that.” Marty laughed.

            Shit.  That’s always fun. I hate when people scream when they see me, it’s even worse when they cry. It’s tough when it’s someone you don’t know and you’ll never have to see them again but it’s so weird when it’s a friend’s family member or something.  It’s happened plenty of times before, usually younger sisters or cousins. It’s just awkward because I never know what to do or say. I doubt seeing me is worth screaming and I can promise I’m not worth the fainting. “What’s her name?”

            “Audrey.” They both answered at the same time as we walked into the house.

            “Does Audrey golf?”

            “Nah, Audrey cheerleads and shops and talks about boys.” Marty began.

            “Oh, so she’s just like her sister?” I asked with a laugh.  It sounds like Dallas and Audrey are about as much complete opposites there is.

            “Oh yeah, exactly, she takes right after me” Dallas answered sarcastically as we walked into the house.

            Her father was the first one I saw and he wasn’t exactly what I expected.  He looked young, but was a definite golfer. “Hey Daddy,” Dallas replied as she jumped into his arms. “I missed you.”

            “How are you doing Ladybug?” he called her Ladybug, I need to remember to find out why he does that.  “And Marty, how are you doing?” he asked as he shook Marty’s hand, “You’re keeping my girl out of trouble right?”

            “Of course.” Marty laughed.

            “Good, I’m glad.  And then there’s this kid that gets her into all that trouble.” He looked over at me and waited a second before smiling.  I thought he was serious for a second.  I was about to tell him that his daughter is the one that gets me in trouble.

            “I’m Justin,” I held out my hand, “It’s nice to meet you Mr. Dutra.”

            “Call me Jeff. It’s great to meet you too Justin. Thanks for taking Veda along on tour with you, it’s really a great opportunity for her while she’s still young.”

            “Of course, she’s a fabulous dancer.”

            “Is Audrey upstairs? We should go see her,” leave it to Dallas to change the subject while I’m trying to give her a compliment.  She cannot take compliments.

            I nodded my head and followed her upstairs. We stood outside of the door and Dallas looked over at me, “Are you ready for this?”

            “She isn’t that bad.”

            “Just wait,” she laughed as she knocked on the door before opening it.

            “AHHHHHHHHH OHHH MYYY GOOOODDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!”

 

            Here we go.  She can be so embarrassing. You would think he were like the president or something.  I don’t know why she’s screaming… more importantly I don’t know why she’s still screaming.

            “Alright Audrey, relax” she’s still screaming, I don’t know why I even bother.  It’s like she can’t physically stop and breathe for a second. 

            I looked over at Justin and he was laughing hysterically.  Even though Audrey annoys the shit out of me she still is my sister and he should not be laughing at her. I shot him back a look and slapped his arm making him stop laughing for a second but then he started up again.  Meanwhile Audrey continued screaming like she won the lottery.

            “I’m sorry,” Justin said between fits of laughter, “I’m sorry.”

            “Shut up,” I said to Justin trying to stop my own laughter, “Audrey, relax. Stop screaming.”

            “It’s alright Audrey, don’t scream, I’m not that exciting.” Justin laughed as he walked closer to her.  There was a moment that I thought she was going to faint, especially the second that he pulled her into a hug, “It’s alright, calm down.”

            She was still screaming but it was getting softer. 

            “OH MY GOD,” she’s finally able to form words, “I’m like your biggest fan.”

            “Are you really? Based on all the screaming I didn’t think you liked him.” I answered sarcastically.

            “I really am your biggest fan,” she managed to stop screaming and now was just taking deep breaths with a couple ‘oh my god’s’ thrown in there.

            “I see that, thank you,” Justin said as he hugged her again, “Audrey, you know your sister actually acted the same exact way when she saw me for the first time.  It must be something in the Dutra genes,” he looked over at me and smiled.

            “Yeah, because that’s believable,” I answered with an eye roll, “Are you alright Audrey?” she nodded her head, “Are you going to come over here and see me or are you just going to stand there star struck for the next hour and a half?” Audrey came over to me and hugged me but she’s definitely still shaking, “Why are you shaking? He’s not that cool.”

            “It’s true, I’m not,” Justin answered as he looked at the posters of himself on the wall, “That’s a good one there, that’s my favorite.” He pointed to a poster of him shirtless on the wall and smiled.

            Now he’s being an asshole. Audrey obviously does not know what’s going on and I’m sure she would not want him in her room in the first place, forget looking at all the embarrassing posters on her wall.  Luckily Audrey is on another planet at the moment and doesn’t know anything that is going on.

            “Shut up. Go downstairs with Marty,” he actually left, I didn’t think he would and then Audrey went back to breathing like a normal person. “Are you alright?” she nodded her head, “Are you sure, you’re scaring me a little,” I laughed and she cracked a smile.

            “I can’t believe… I just met… Justin Timberlake.”

            “Yeah, wasn’t that exciting?” I asked sarcastically, “I feel like you’re going to be disappointed.” In fact I know she is. She has these unrealistic expectations that he’s the most amazing man in the world. I think Audrey is going to be disappointed when she realizes that he’s just like any other guy, in fact possibly more annoying.

            “No way, he was so nice. And he’s so cute in person, I heard he wasn’t that cute but he’s totally hot.”

            “Right, well we’re going to go golfing.”

            “I’m going to come.”

            “Audrey, you don’t golf.  He’s coming to dinner.”

            I had to stand there and convince my sister all the reasons why she should not go golfing.  The obvious reasons like that she hates golfing and she doesn’t know how did not work, unlike what most would think. I had to tell her that she’s not good and that wouldn’t impress Justin. I hate to have to go there but it was the only thing that would work. I’m pretty sure she’s convinced he’s going to drop on one knee and propose before the day is over.

            Everything was going great while we were golfing.  The weather was perfect, it wasn’t crowded and I think it’s safe to say everyone was having a good time. Well everyone except Justin because he was getting his ass kicked and we all know how competitive he is.  Sometimes I want to just let him win so he’ll shut up. But then I know I’ll never hear the end of it. It’s a lose lose situation.

            Then as we walked to the next hole my father started asking Justin a lot of questions. Not like the kind of questions Audrey asks but more of the questions you ask your daughter’s boyfriend. “So Justin do you plan on doing this for the rest of your life?”

            Justin was so focused on his game that he looked very confused, “Golfing?” he laughed, “I’m planning on getting better at it, yeah.”

            “I mean singing, touring.”

            “Oh, yeah well I don’t know. I’d love to do it for as long as I can. I don’t know how long of a shelve life I’ll have.”

            “I would imagine you can only dance for so long.”

            Justin nodded his head as he practiced his swing, “Yeah, you just gotta take it a day at a time.”

            “It’s a crazy lifestyle, I would imagine.” My father practiced his swing and I kind of just stood there looking between the two of them and then over at Marty. Marty laughed at me instead of offering some kind of help and shrugged his shoulders. “Do you plan on settling down at some point? Taking a break to start a family?”

            “Uh… yeah at some point I’m sure.”

            “Daddy, you know we’re not dating right?” I stated quickly to save everyone from more embarrassment.

            Justin laughed and threw his head down to practice his swing so I wouldn’t see him blush. I did see it though. And my father practiced his swing as well. It’s like I’m looking in a mirror or something with the two of them.

            “I know Ladybug, I’m just trying to get to know him.”

            I don’t think he knew, in fact I’m pretty positive that he thought I brought Justin home because he’s my boyfriend. I don’t know why anyone would assume that; we’re obviously not together.

            After we finished the game we went back to the house and my mother was just finishing up dinner. I went to help my mother but I was afraid to leave Justin alone with my father. I did figure that Marty was there so hopefully this time he’ll step in to save his best friend instead of sitting there laughing.

            “How was golf?”

            “Good, it’s so nice out.”

            “Who won?”

            I laughed at the way she asked me. When has my father not one a game of golf? “Daddy then Me, Marty and Justin dead last. He got killed.”

            “Well, he tried.”

            “Yeah, it’s ok it’s good for him to find something he’s not good at every once in awhile.” Justin is pretty much annoyingly good at everything he tries.  I think that’s why he gets so pissed off with golf because he hates not being the best at everything. He’s not bad… he’s just not that good. But I got to give it to him for the fact that he keeps trying. I really thought he’d be so annoyed that I’m way better that he’d never want to play me again.  He does make up excuses about why he sucks every time though. Like last time his new shoes were too tight or the sun was in his eyes or he didn’t have his lucky cap. I just let him go on living his delusional life.

            “He seems really sweet.”

            I nodded my head, what is with everyone thinking we’re dating, “He’s not my boyfriend.”

            “I know that,” my mother answered with a smile, “All I’m saying is that he’s really sweet and he’s a nice guy.”

            “OK,” she doesn’t know much about him does she? Well I mean, I guess she’s right he can be sweet and he is a nice guy. That is a little hard to believe that he is a nice guy since he could so easily be an asshole and it’d be completely normal given his situation.  But he’s also way too competitive and annoying and he thinks he’s funny when he’s not. That drives me crazy, he always thinks everything that comes out of his mouth is the funniest thing in the world and then he gets mad when I don’t laugh at it. He thinks I don’t get it. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to tell that boy that I get the joke it’s just not funny. Then he says I don’t have a sense of humor. Please.

            “Does he have a girlfriend?”

            “No Ma,” I answered softly, “But I think Dad would be upset if he knew you were asking all these questions. Justin is a little young for you, don’t you think?”

            My mother shook her head as she laughed, “Don’t be smart Veda.”

            The whole dinner was like a question answer session with Justin, mostly my sister practicing her interviewing skills for when she becomes a crazy reporter at Bop magazine. I had to make her stop when she asked if he wore boxers or briefs. I guess it’s good that she’s not screaming anymore but it’s not exactly dinner table conversation. Marty sat back and laughed once again, what a good friend he is.

            After we ate Justin had the bright idea that Audrey should come back to the hotel and spend the night. It was already eight by the time we were done so I guess it’s not a totally bad idea. She obviously jumped up and down, literally unfortunately.

            As we walked into the hotel Justin put an arm around me and an arm around my sister, “We got Dallas and Dallas Jr.”

            I didn’t hear any answer from Audrey so I looked over but couldn’t see her because Justin was in the way, “Is she still breathing?”

            Justin laughed before looking over at my sister, “She’s good. Boxer briefs Audrey.”

            She giggled and then I knew she was alive, which is always good.

            “Do you girls want to go swimming?”

            I’m so tired; I was thinking we’d just go to bed. There’s a show tomorrow but we have all day with Audrey, “I was thinking we could…”

            “Yeah, yeah!” she answered quickly. Alright then, I guess we’re going swimming.

            “Alright, get changed I’ll meet you down there,” he gave me a crocked smile before walking to his room.

            “Oh my god AHH!” Audrey let out a quick scream and I prepared myself for another major meltdown. Luckily it didn’t last nearly as long as the previous seven, “I can’t believe we’re going swimming with Justin Timberlake. Do you think he’ll have his shirt off?”

            I didn’t mean to laugh but I couldn’t help it, “Probably Audrey, he is going swimming.”

            “Thank you so much!” she gave me a huge hug and didn’t let go for a good minute, “I can’t believe this is happening. I never thought I’d get to meet him and he’s so cool, he’s so hot and he’s funny and he’s nice and he’s…”

            “Perfect. He sure is perfect,” I answered sarcastically.

            “He is perfect,” she sighed, “I spent the day with Justin Timberlake and now we’re going swimming and then we’re going to spend tomorrow with him too… and he’s perfect.”

            Oh god… this is going to be trouble.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story