Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading and reviewing!

The bus stopped in what I’m assuming is the next city.  I don’t usually have a problem falling asleep on the bus but I’m just too pissed off.  Not even pissed off, just annoyed with everyone on the fucking tour. I looked over at Dallas who is having no problem sleeping, even when she’s pissed at me.  Maybe when she wakes up she’ll forget about it.

            “Dallas,” I shook her lightly.

            She opened her eyes but didn’t say anything.

            “We’re at the hotel.”

            She nodded her head and stood up, pulling the hood over her head, not saying one word to me. I guess it’s safe to say she’s still pissed.  I followed her outside and waited in line to get the keys to our rooms. Usually people are fooling around at this point. I mean, everyone is always tired but it’s hard for us to be serious even when we’re tired. But today there is complete silence. I think it has something to do with the fact that everyone hates each other right now.

 The tour’s been going on too long. We need a break. It’s good to have a break for a couple weeks or a month at this point. We all put on a better show when we can stand each other. Thankfully we’ll have a couple weeks off after this show. It’s only two weeks but it should do the trick.

            I was handed my key and followed the crowd to the elevator. Of course they all squeezed in not leaving any room for Dallas or me. I don’t know which would have been the worse situation.

            “Where’s your room?” I asked as we got on the next elevator.

            Dallas held up the key so I could see the room number. Clearly she’s not in the mood for talking.  We stopped at her floor and she stepped off the elevator without so much as a nod in my direction. I don’t even know why she’s mad, but I can’t deal with it much longer. Everyone better wake up and be in a better mood.

            I woke up in a better mood and I’d say half of the people on the tour also woke up in a better mood. The other half were just as cranky as they were before going to sleep. I didn’t see much of Dallas before the show; she seems to be keeping her distance. Before we went on stage we did our usual pre show rituals.

            “Last show before the break. Let’s make it a good one and try and act like we can stand each other,” I joked and everyone laughed.  It’s funny because it’s true. “Let’s put on the best fucking show we’ve ever put on,” I looked over at Mandy. It’s her hometown and we always make sure we do it up when it’s someone’s hometown, “Do it for Mandy. Let’s go.”

 

            The tour was on a two-week break. I don’t know if that’s what it’s called, but we’re on vacation I guess. All I know is we’re not doing another show for two weeks. I’m actually excited to have some time off. We’ve been on tour for a while and everyone was getting cranky.

            So now we’re back in LA. Everyone is home but since I don’t have a home I’m staying with Rachael in Justin’s guesthouse. I’m actually having fun, she’s probably the one person on the tour that I wasn’t sick of by the time the break came along.

            Justin, on the other hand, I’m still sick of. I shouldn’t say I’m sick of him, I haven’t even seen him in the past couple of days. He’s been with his girlfriend pretty much 24/7. I shouldn’t complain about that. I guess he’s just one of those guys that gets a girlfriend and looses all contact with the rest of the world.

            I heard a soft knock on the open door and looked up from my book to see Rachael leaning against the doorframe, “What’s up?”

            “I have to go run some errands for the superstar. Wanna come?”

            “Yeah,” I stretched my hands over my head before standing up, “Where do you have to go?”

            “I have to drop off some things at the post office and get his dry cleaning,” she continued as I followed her through the house, “Oh and take the dogs to the vet.”

            “For what?”

            “They need their rabies shot,” Rachael laughed at the expression I made. Doctors make me nervous, even vets. I just can’t watch the dogs getting shots, especially these dogs that are usually so crazy and happy. I guess I’ll manage; I’ll just sit in the back and let Rachael do the dirty work. She is the one getting paid for it.  “You can wait in the waiting room,” she read my thoughts.

            “I might have to. I hate shots.”

            She laughed as we walked through the yard, “You’re a loser, you’re not the one getting it.”

            “I can’t even see needles Rach, deal with it,” I answered with a smile.

            “Yeah yeah, you’re crazy,” she smiled as she walked into Justin’s house, “I just need to see if he needs anything else.”

            I nodded my head and followed her inside. Justin was sitting at the counter with his face buried in a bowl of cereal. He looked up, offering a smile, before putting his head back in the cereal, “What’s up ladies?”

            “We’re going to take the dogs and go to the post office, need anything else?”

            “Just the dry cleaning,” he smiled.

            “Yeah, the dry cleaning, that too. That’s it?”

            Justin nodded his head before stuffing the last spoonful of cereal in his mouth, “So Dallas, when are you going to do my room?”

            “What?”

            “The room you said you’d design. How quickly we forget.”

            “I never… said…”

            “You did actually,” he stood up and motioned for me to follow him upstairs. “It’s not that big, have you seen it?” Justin didn’t wait for an answer. He opened the door and let me in, “You can do whatever you want with it. I’m just not into plaid so try to stay away from it. I know you have that weird obsession but…”

            “Yeah, whatever,” I laughed, “I guess I could do some sketches.”

            “Thanks Dallas, that wasn’t so hard,” he smiled. “When did you want me to help you look at apartments?”

            “Oh, no I’m not going to look.”

            He gave me a confused look, “Why are you liking having Rach as a roommate?” I shook my head, “Marty?” I shook my head again, “Then won’t you need an apartment? Where are you staying?”

            “Home.”

            “Home?” he asked skeptically, “Dallas home?”

            “Yes, that is home,” I answered.

            “You’re going back to Dallas?”

            I didn’t think it was that hard to understand. “Yes Justin.”

            “Why the fuck are you going back to Dallas?”

            “The tour will be over. Why would I stay here?”

            He was quiet for a few seconds, “Because you’re a dancer and you’re not going to get any work in fucking Texas.”

            I walked around the empty room to escape his glare. It’s like he’s pissed at me for not wanting to stay here. I don’t have any reason why I would stay. “I’m not a dancer. I told you that from day one.”

            “So you’d just move back home and forget about everything out here?”

            “I’m not forgetting about anything,” I answered with a laugh. He’s acting like a child. “I was just here to visit Marty. I never planned on staying here.”

            “Then why did you want me to help you look for an apartment?”

            I shrugged, “I guess it was just a moment of stupidity,” I laughed but when I looked up at him he was not finding the humor. “I’m not a dancer Justin.”

            “I am so fucking sick of hearing you say you’re not a dancer,” he threw his head back and licked his lips, “You’re the best dancer in the city.”

            I laughed at that and now he’s really getting pissed. “I don’t want to dance.”

            “That’s ridiculous,” he took another deep breath, “And so fucking stupid.”

            “OK,” I answered before turning to look out the window and roll my eyes.

            “What about the European tour? We’re starting that soon, you’re just going to quit? You’re just going to go back to fucking Dallas and room with Audrey?”

            “I don’t know,” I answered honestly, “I’m not planning on like leaving. I’m just saying I’m not going to move out here. I don’t know why you’re getting so fucking paranoid.”

            “I’m not getting paranoid. Whatever Dallas, do what you want.”

            “OK,” I don’t understand why he’s getting so mad at me. “I’ll get you the sketches.”

            Justin nodded his head before running his hands through his hair. I took that as my cue to leave.

 

            Why the fuck is Dallas planning on leaving? She’s a complete idiot to think that she doesn’t want to dance. Hell she’s an idiot to think that she can go on living her life NOT dancing. I don’t know why the girl won’t admit how much she loves it. She’s an idiot.

            I don’t want to think about her leaving. The show would suck without her; I don’t think we’d be able to find someone even half as good. But beyond that, the tour won’t be any fun without her. What am I supposed to do on all those long bus rides if I don’t have her ass to kick on Wii bowling? This is fucked.

            It just pisses me off that she thinks she could live without dancing. I’d like to see that.

            Dallas has been acting really weird recently. I mean I haven’t really seen her in a couple days. I admit, before the break I was cranky, hell everyone was. But we’ve all had a few days off and away from each other. I do think that has done everyone well. She’s still acting cranky though.

            It wouldn’t bother me if I knew what she’s pissed about. If she even is pissed. Maybe its just PMS, although, I haven’t really noticed it with her before.

            I paced around the empty room wishing I could have the secret as to why girls are so fucking confusing. The reason why I clicked with Dallas from the beginning was because she’s never been so fucking girly. She’s always been the girl that’s just one of the guys. And now all of a sudden she’s a pissy, distant, cranky, girl. I don’t like the new Dallas. I want the old Dallas back.

            



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story