I can’t believe Justin had the nerve to call everyone into a room and tell everyone that we all have problems. What has happened to him that he thinks he’s the only one stressed on this stupid tour. I really think it should be over now, if it weren’t for those stupid snow dates we’d be almost done.

            It’s nice that everyone is looking out for me, but they’re taking it a little overboard. I don’t care that Justin has a girlfriend; in fact I’m happy he found someone to laugh at his stupid jokes. Now he doesn’t have to annoy me as much. But I hate that they all brought me up during the meeting. Everyone was airing their problems, and that’s great, but Marty didn’t have to say my name and call me out. It’s kind of annoying.

            After the show I walked right back to the hotel. I didn’t wait for anyone, but we have another night here so there’s no need. The problem is that I got stuck with the crowd of kids leaving, but I made it back to the hotel soon enough. I jumped right in the shower and pulled a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie over my head. There was a knock on the door as soon as I got out and I took a deep breath before answering, afraid of who I would find on the other side.

            Justin stood in front of me with a weak smile, “Hey.” He said softly and walked right past me.

            “OK, come on in,” I answered softly.

            “Why do you always have your hood up?” he smiled as he sat down on my bed.

            “What do you want Justin?”

            “What? We can’t hang out anymore?” I took a deep breath, why is he here? Shouldn’t he be spending time with his girlfriend? “How have you been Dallas?”

            “Um, fine. My eye hurts a little.”

            Justin laughed, and reached his hand out to touch my eye, “Sorry about that. It was an accident.”

            I nodded my head, I know I’m being a bitch but I really want him to leave me alone.

            “I’ve been stressed,” he continued softly.

            “We’re all stressed. You act like you’re the only one.”

            He took a deep breath, putting his hands through his hair. “You act like I’m the only one, everyone’s been moody as fuck.”

            “Not as bad as you,” I answered honestly.

            Justin shook his head, his face turning red, “And what’s your excuse? You’ve been quite the bitch recently.”

            “Wow,” I answered softly, I can’t believe he just called me a bitch, “You can leave now.”

            “I’ll gladly leave now,” he stood up and walked to the door, stopping in front of it.

            “Bye!” I shouted, about ready to throw something at him. Why is he stopping, get the fuck out of my face. 

            Justin looked at me before opening the door. I’m so sick of him.  I’m done. He’s been so self centered and obnoxious recently. I can’t take it. I don’t need to take it. The tour is over soon and I’m gone. I’ve made up my mind; I don’t want to do this anymore.

            I grabbed my key and headed downstairs. I don’t know exactly where I’m going but I need to get away from my room. I need to walk or run or do something to keep me occupied. I stepped out of the elevator and looked around the lobby, trying to decide which way to go. Instead of looking the way I was walking, I continued looking around, crashing right into someone.

            “Gosh, sorry,” I looked to see a man on the ground picking up all the papers I made him drop.

            “It’s alright, I’m ok,” he answered with a smile, “Are you ok?” I nodded my head, getting lost in his multicolored eyes, they’re gorgeous, he’s gorgeous. His dark brown hair was shaggy, and he was wearing a blue button down shirt and a pair of khakis.  “Sweetheart, you look like you’re running from a ghost. Are you sure you’re alright?”

            “Yeah, sorry,” I giggled like a little girl, unable to stop, “Sorry I messed up all your papers.”

            He smiled, “You can make it up to me. How about a drink?”

            “I could really go for a drink right now.”

            “Perfect. I’m Matt,” he held his hand out.

            “Veda,” I grabbed onto his hand, “Nice to meet you.”

            “Likewise,” he has a really sexy smile.  He pulled the chair out for me at a table at the bar before sitting down himself.

            Rachael wasn’t kidding when she said there were a lot of hot guys at the hotel “Are you here for the hot guy convention?” I can’t believe I just said that out loud.

            Matt laughed, “I’m the president,” he threw his head down to hide the fact that he was blushing, but it’s kind of adorable, “No, it’s a marketing convention actually. It’s crowded here tonight. It was empty here yesterday.”

            “It’s for the concert.”

            He nodded his head and took a sip from his drink, “Anyone good?”

            I shook my head as I took a sip myself, “Justin Timberlake.” I should probably say that Justin is someone good, especially since I’m in the show, but I’m kind of over Justin right now so we’ll just pretend I’m not.

            “Are you a big fan?”

            I shook my head again, “The show is really good though.” I answered with a smile.

            “Oh yeah?” I nodded my head, “What is it that you do?”

            “I’m a dancer.”

            “For Justin Timberlake?” he raised an eyebrow.

            “Yes,” I laughed.

            “I heard his dancers were amazing.”

            “You did not, shut up,” I laughed.

            He smiled a very sexy smile and grabbed onto his beer, “Honestly, there were some girls screaming in the lobby and I asked them what the big deal was and they said they saw him.”

            “Yeah, he tends to have that effect on little girls.”

            “Worth it?” he asked, grabbing a handful of popcorn.

            “Not at all,” I grabbed some popcorn myself. “So, where are you from Matt?” I don’t want to sit down here and bore this poor, good looking, sexy as hell man with my issues.

            “I’m from Texas, Irving. Near Dallas.”

            “I know where Irving is, shut up.” He looked at me like I was crazy, “I’m from Dallas.”

“No way,” he smiled, “Interesting. When is the tour over?”

            “A couple weeks.”

            “Then back to Dallas?” I nodded my head, although there is a very slim chance I will be going to Europe. But that chance is getting smaller and smaller.

 

            Dallas had me pretty pissed off so I went right back to my room and passed out.  Jess doesn’t seem really phased by it; in fact I don’t think she noticed. She’s sitting in bed reading a script.

            “Can you turn that light off? I’m real tired.”

            “Sure, no problem,” she answered happily, placing her script on the nightstand and turning off the light. “That was a really great show, I’m glad I got to see it.”

            “Yeah, me too.” I closed my eyes, hoping she would just go to sleep.

            “You look good up there, like you’re having the time of your life.”

            She will not shut up. “Yeah,” I answered softly and wrapped my arms around her. Now I’m just going to pretend I’m asleep if she keeps talking.

 

 

 

 

The next morning I woke up early. Jess was still asleep, and I didn’t want to wake her, partially because I need some piece and quiet. Honestly, I like the girl but she talks so much. She’s always happy too, it’s almost too much, like it’s fake. I’m not saying she’s fake; I’m saying she’s bubbly.

I’m not exactly the kind of guy that likes the bubbly girls, they get annoying real fast. I’d rather have a real girl.  I wonder if Dallas is up yet, I think I’ll go for a run.

 

            It was possible for me to sneak out of bed and leave Jess without waking her up.  I went downstairs to see if Dallas was up.  As soon as the elevator door opened I saw her room open, good timing. It would be good timing, except Dallas didn’t come out. Well, she did come out, but first a guy came out. A guy I’ve never seen before. I couldn’t hear what she was saying, or what he was saying, but he laughed, then she laughed. I put my arm in the elevator door to stop it from closing and watched carefully as the guy gave Dallas a hug.

            I moved my hand out of the door and let it close in front of me. I don’t really want to see anymore. My head is racing and I suddenly feel really lightheaded. I sat down on the floor, taking a deep breath. Who was that guy? And why was he leaving her room in the morning? He stayed over. Whoever he is slept in her bed. I don’t know why this is bothering me so much.

            The elevator door opened and I was face to face with the guy. He looked at me, sitting on the ground, and stepped in. I stared back at him, returning the gaze. The truth is he wasn’t gazing at me, he looked confused, almost worried.

            “Do you know what floor you need?”

            I couldn’t speak; instead I just keep staring at him. He pressed the button he needed and stood with his back towards me, sneaking looks back at me.

            “Are you alright man? Do you want me to get something for you? Or someone?”

            I watched him; he looks like he’s having an inner crisis wondering what to do with the crazy Justin Timberlake sitting on the floor of an elevator not able to speak.  He looked away, and then back at me again.

            “I can get you some water,” he offered, “or I can bring you somewhere. I don’t know where… or who… I know uh, one of your dancers. Veda, she’s just… in her room. I can go get her.”

            Yeah, that’s the last person I want you to go get buddy. I’d also appreciate it if you never fucking thought about her again, that means keep your fucking hands off her.

            “I’m fine,” I glared at him, “Just go where you gotta go bro.”

            He nodded his head, surprised that I actually have a voice and am able to talk. The rest of the elevator ride to his room was silent; he didn’t even look back at me when he got off. The door closed after he got off and I still sat there, trying to gather my thoughts.

            I managed to stand up, and against my better judgment I pressed the button for Dallas’ floor. I walked, more like stomped, to her room and banged on the door.  It took a while before she answered it; I heard her yelling for me to hold on before she opened it.

            “Hey,” she answered softly.

            “Yeah, hey,” I answered. Her hair was wet; she just got out of the shower. 

            “What’s up?” at least she’s in a good mood, oh fuck, why is she in a good mood? I don’t like this.

            “So uh… who was that guy?”

            She looked at me for a second, as if she were embarrassed she had been caught, “Just some guy I met downstairs.”

            I nodded my head, “Just some guy you met downstairs,” I repeated.

            “Yeah, why are you yelling?” she answered calmly. I guess I am yelling. I didn’t realize it.

            I took a deep breath, to try to calm myself down, “You just met a random guy and brought him up to your room?”

            “It’s not a big deal.” How can she possibly say that it’s not a big deal, this is the girl that has had sex with one man in her whole life.

            “I think it is. You used to think it was.”           

            Dallas is surprisingly calm; I’m the only one freaking out. “You’re making a scene, people are looking,” she whispered, “Come in the room.”

            I walked inside and sat down on her bed before realizing I was sitting on her bed with covers thrown all over the place. The place that she spent her night… with that guy. I stood up quickly and starting pacing around the room.

            “Are you ok? What’s wrong with you?”

            I took a deep breath, “You had that guy in your room.”

            “OK?” she doesn’t seem to get what the big deal is, how does she not?

            “OK?” I shouted, “OK? Dallas, you don’t even know him. He could be dangerous.”

            “He’s not dangerous.”

            “How do you know? Nevermind, I don’t want to know how you know. Did he get you drunk? Did you have tequila?”

            “No, don’t assume,” now she’s getting pissed.

            “They why? What the fuck?” I paused to try and gather my thoughts, “You know, one out of five people have herpes. Did you know that?” She’s looking at me like I’m crazy, I feel like I’m crazy, but I can’t stop, “And 90% of them don’t know they have it. Do you get that Dallas?”

            “OK, thanks for the herpes fact of the day,” she laughed and started putting her clothes in her suitcase.

            “It’s not funny Dallas.”

            “You’re right, it isn’t funny. You are funny though, like what’s going on? You’re acting like you’re my dad.”

            I took a deep breath, she doesn’t get it. “You had a guy in your room.”

            She nodded her head, “We’ve established that.”

            I don’t understand how this isn’t a big deal to her? What the fuck happened within the last 24 hours that she’s changed her thoughts on the matter? Maybe it hasn’t sunk in yet, maybe she doesn’t regret it yet. She will though, she has to. She knows she’s not the kind of girl that hooks up with random guys that she meets at hotel bars.  She couldn’t have changed so much over night. There’s no way. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story