Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for reading and leaving feedback :)

The alarm clock went off way too early and I cursed the fact that I told Justin I would go golfing. It always sounds like a good idea when it’s the night before, but when that alarm goes off at six o’clock in the morning; I wish I had said no thank you when he asked.  I’m trying to be mature, even though Justin has been pissing me off and his girlfriend is a pain in the ass, I miss spending time with him. And I guess there is a chance, as microscopic as it may be, that I’m a little jealous of the girl. So I’m going to be mature and take what I can get.

            I changed into my plaid pants that Justin got me for my birthday. I don’t think I’ve actually worn them yet, but they’re kind of cute. Plus, I haven’t gotten my laundry back so it’s kinda my only option.  There is a chance I’m still asleep, so I walked slowly down to the lobby and sat down on the couch when I didn’t see them. My head fell to the back of the couch and my eyes closed. I just want to go back to sleep.

            “Hey Veda!” a way too bubbly voice woke me. My eyes shot open and I was face to face with Jess herself. She’s crazy like Justin as for being so happy in the morning; maybe they are perfect for each other.

            “Hey,” I answered in an equally bubbly tone, although mine is clearly not as real as hers. Hers isn’t too real either, but that’s beside the point.

            “Morning Dallas,” Justin smiled, handing me a cup of tea and a bag from Starbucks. I opened it up and saw a cinnamon scone. I can’t believe he remembered that. “Cinnamon scone right?”

            I nodded my head, “Thanks J.”

            “No problem, ready?”

            “What about Marty?”

            “He wasn’t feeling well,” Jess answered, still bubbly and fake, “He called Justin this morning, so I guess it’s just the three of us!” she smiled.

            Oh, yippee. I must remember to kill him.

            We drove to the course and I swear I did not have a second of silence. Jess just talks and talks and makes me want to look for a gun or something. And her voice is so high I’m about to get a migraine.

            As soon as we got out of the car Justin grabbed the clubs from the trunk, before putting on the plaid cap I got him for his birthday. He looks like a huge dork, so I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw him.

            “What?” Justin asked with a smile.

            “You look like an old chimney sweeper,” I laughed, “It’s adorable, I love it.”

            “Yeah, thanks Dallas. I like your pants, by the way.”

            “Thank you,” I smiled as I grabbed my clubs, “Does she have clubs?”

            “Nah, I thought she could use yours,” he answered seriously. He has to be out of his mind. There is no possible way I’m letting this girl touch my clubs.

            “Um… no offence to her but…”

            Justin’s laughing stopped me from finishing. “I’m fucking with you Dallas, relax. I know you don’t let anyone touch your clubs. She’s using Rachael’s.”

            I gave him a very fake smile and grabbed onto my clubs, walking away from him and making my way towards Jess. Justin left me alone with her while he went in to get the cart and everything settled. She talked, and talked, and talked. I don’t even know what the fuck she’s talking about, she just won’t stop.

            “Have you played before?” I asked so she would stop talking about stupid shit for a couple seconds.

            She shook her head, “Never. I’m excited to learn.”

            It’s going to be a long day. I hate playing with people who have never played because it takes so long. Plus, I’m pretty sure she’s not one of those natural athletes that can just learn how to do it right away.

            “I know how much Justin loves to play, so I thought I’d give it a try. Plus it’s like really important to him. I mean what’s the worst that can happen? It’s just one day right? You know how into golf he is. I guess you’re into it too, I mean you always go with him. That’s cute that he has someone to play with all the time, especially when I’m not here. ”

            I nodded my head and stopped listening when I saw Justin in the distance. He needs to come back and save me now. How does he put up with all the talking? I don’t get it. I’m trying to be nice but I’m about to snap and we didn’t even start yet.

            Luckily it didn’t take him long to drive the golf cart over. Jess got right on it, still talking, while I helped Justin put my clubs in. Justin laughed at the look I gave him, “She talks a little huh?”

            “Are you fucking kidding me? Is she always like this?”

            He nodded his head, “Always.”

            “Good God.” I’m glad he agrees with me, but damn.  I hopped into the cart and Justin drove away, looking back and giving me looks as she continued talking. He even cracked a couple times and laughed, but Jess was too busy talking to realize it.

            We stopped at the first hole, “This place is small huh?” I said as I looked around.

            “It’s so small you don’t yell Fore, you yell three!” Justin laughed at his own lame joke. Jess laughed too, in fact she acted like it was the funniest thing in the world. I just rolled my eyes, at least he found someone to laugh at his stupid jokes, “That was a good one Dallas, come on.”

            “Just hilarious, you’re a comedian.”

            Jess decided she wanted to go first. Justin suggested she let one of us go first so she knows what to do, but she wanted to be first, so she got to be first. She tried to hit the ball, multiple times, and almost knocked herself over. Justin kept giving me looks and I couldn’t stop laughing. I don’t mean to be the asshole that does that but I can’t stop.

            “Maybe you can like… let Justin go first and he can show you how to do it.” I suggested. It’s all fun and games but it’s been like ten minutes and I’m ready to move on.

 

            Thank God things are getting back to normal with Dallas, I couldn’t take the weird shit anymore. Now I’m standing here trying to keep my cool while Jess looks like she’s hitting a ball that doesn’t exist. I’m failing miserably I can’t stop laughing. It’s Dallas’ fault.

            “OK! I’m done, this is stupid” Jess answered, I’ve never seen her get annoyed, she’s usually happy (too happy).

            “Maybe you should like… wait in the cart,” Dallas suggested. I had to laugh at that one, but they both shot me death glances so I stopped quickly. Jess huffed and puffed and went to the cart. Meanwhile, Dallas laughed to herself and took her shot, she’s too fucking good for her own good, “Go ahead Superstar.”

            I am getting better, it may be slow, but I’m getting it. I just need to play more.  “I don’t think she’s having fun,” I looked back at Jess.

            “Really?” Dallas answered sarcastically, “Take her back to the club, there’s a bar, let her drink away her suckiness.” I laughed at her suggestion, “I’m serious.”

            I nodded my head and walked to the cart, “Not your thing huh?” I asked Jess and got a fifty-word response, “Want to go in to the bar or something?”

            She nodded her head, “I feel bad though. This is really important to you.”

            “No, it’s not a big deal. I don’t mind,” in fact I’d much rather her leave so I can hear myself think.

 I dropped her off and sped back to Dallas.  She clapped, “Well played my friend.”

I shook my head and laughed, I’m probably going on being the biggest asshole but I couldn’t take it. “She does not shut up.”

“I noticed,” Dallas laughed, “I can’t take you serious with that cap.”

“You got it for me.”

“I know, but you seriously look like you should be cleaning people’s clubs. And the little pompom on the top,” she stopped to laugh and I seriously thought she would fall over, “You look sexy J, I like it.”

“It is pretty badass Dallas, I’ll give you that.” I watched her turn red; she definitely said I look sexy. I’ll let it slide though; I’m not going to bring attention to it. Normally I would call her out, but she seems to be real embarrassed she said it so I’m not going to make her feel uncomfortable.

“When is she leaving?”

I laughed at her bluntness, “Tonight, after the show. You don’t like her huh?”

Dallas shrugged, practicing her swing trying to come up with a way to break it to me nicely. I’m not an idiot, I know she’s not to fond of Jess, neither is Rachael, or Marty… or my mother, “She’s fine. She just talks a lot, but so do you so I guess you’re perfect for each other,” she answered with a smirk.

“I do not talk that much.”

“You kinda do,” she laughed, “but hey, as long as you’re happy.”

As long as I’m happy. I’ve heard that a lot in the past few weeks.  As long as I’m happy. Am I happy? I’m happy that I have a girlfriend, mostly because I’m one of those guys that always need to be in a relationship. I know that the relationship seems to go better when we’re on opposite sides of the country. There’s only so much of Jess I can take. That’s never a good sign.

I nodded my head, “So what was up with that guy the other day?”

Dallas laughed and shook her head. I know I’ve brought it up plenty of times but she hasn’t given me a real answer yet. “You’re really concerned about that huh?”

“Yeah, I am,” I answered honestly.

“Why?”

I shrugged, “I don’t like guys fucking with you Dallas.”

“He wasn’t fucking with me,” she answered and rolled her eyes at the look I gave her, “OK. This is exactly what happened so you can stop worrying about me like I’m your little sister.”

“I don’t worry about you like you’re my little sister.”

“You totally do,” she laughed. I do not, there’s more to it than that. I’m not ready to admit to it out loud, but I definitely don’t worry about her like she’s my sister. “I will forever be that girl you have to save when she has too much tequila.”

Not exactly the truth Dallas, but let’s move on. “Stop stalling.”

“OK, fine. I went downstairs and like literally bumped into him. So we started talking and then we went to the bar and got a drink,” I knew he got her drunk, “A drink. Relax.  It was late, so they kicked us out and we went to my room to watch a movie. Fell asleep, the end.”

“That’s it?”

“I’m afraid so. I can’t believe you, of all people, think we had sex. Especially since we’ve slept in the same room how many times? And we’ve had sex how many times? Oh yeah, NONE.”

“That’s different.”

“It’s not really.”

“It definitely is. You’re my best friend, that’s fine. But this is just some random kid you met.  Not your smartest move, Dallas.”

“Yeah, I guess I’m lucky you didn’t find me with a sword through the heart,” she answered sarcastically, “But hey, thanks for thinking I’m a big slut.”

I shook my head, unsure how she could possibly think that’s what was going through my mind. Sure, I thought she may have done something stupid, but I would never think of her as a slut. I know better. I was just a little nervous. “I don’t think that Dallas, I was just worried.”

“Well you don’t have to worry about me. I’m a big girl, I can take care of myself.”

“Yeah, that’s obvious,” I laughed, “So you’re coming to Europe then?”

Dallas shook her head, “I don’t know! Stop asking me every ten minutes.”

“You do know the tour is over in four days, right?” she nodded her head and rolled her eyes, “I mean, really Dallas. I need to know. If I have to go home and audition during my few weeks off and teach some new girl the whole dance I’m going to be really pissed. I shouldn’t make any plans if my whole vacation is going to be ruined,” I smiled.

“Actually, you don’t do that shit, Marty does. So if anyone’s vacation will be ruined it’s his. Plus, I wouldn’t just leave him; I’d help him find someone. Just stop worrying about it. Move on.”

“I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to.”

She took a deep breath, “Because I’m sick of you! Is that what you want to hear?” she laughed.

“Not if it’s not true.”

“Oh my god J. it’s not true, please relax and stop worrying about it. I’ll let you know soon.”

“Did you get another offer? I can give you more. Just realize that it’s not always like it seems. A lot of these artists are assholes, they make you put in all this extra time. It won’t be like it is here, it won’t be as laid back and chill.”

Dallas laughed, “I’m not going on another tour. The question is if I want to tour in general, there’s no way in hell I’d want to start over with a totally new obnoxious celebrity. I’m finally learning to deal with this one,” she smiled, “Can you please stop worrying and play golf? You need to focus on your game or we’re going to go back and you’re going to be making all these excuses. I can’t deal with it.”

I am worrying about it. Honestly, it scares the shit out of me. I can’t even think of how much the tour would suck without her. The actual show would suck because no one can move like she does. As for the tour, and traveling around Europe without her, that will probably be unbearable. I don’t even want to think about it.

“Is she going to be pissed?” Dallas spoke, waking me from my thoughts.

“Who?”

She laughed, “Who? Are you serious? Jess.”

“Nah, she’ll be fine, I don’t really care.” I wasn’t about to let Jess ruin my game with all her talking and the fact that she couldn’t even hit the ball one time. We clearly need to start slow with her, like at the driving range, or putt putt. I’m not doing it though; she’d probably talk the whole time so I couldn’t even help her.  I know it sounds horrible, but it’s the truth, I can’t wait for her to go back to LA. I’ve been ignoring more important people on the tour, and there’s only four days late. We all need to spend time together now, because who knows if all of us will be on tour again. Probably not. Too much stress. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story