Chapter 10

 

September 7, 2000

-----------------

 

"MOM, DAD I'm home!!" Meredith called as she entered her house.  Well, her old house.

 

"Hey, how's moving in?"  Her dad asked.

 

"Well, umm, its going OK.  I have a lot more stuff than what will fit in the apartment."

 

"I told you it was too small for all that junk you have."  Her mother appeared and gave her a hug.

 

"How ya doing sweetie?" 

 

"Good Mom.  Classes start Monday, so I'm a little stressed.  And the whole moving thing doesn't help.  But I'm excited about the job and everything."

 

"When does that start?"  Her dad inquired.

 

"Umm, next week, Thursday I think. But, I need to go finish packing my things."  With that Meredith headed upstairs to the room she grew up in.  It seemed a lot smaller to her even with half the stuff moved out of it.  Her world had changed so much over the summer. And she wouldn't alter it for anything.

 

She had spent the past 2 weeks in Florida moving in and stuff like that.  She was going to call the guys of Nsync but was so busy she hardly had time to think about it.  And she wanted to keep this a surprise. She looked over at her answering machine and saw she had 5 messages.

 

"Wow, someone's popular..." She thought to herself.  She usually NEVER had messages.

 

"Message 1. August 28...  Hey G! What's up!  This is JC, of course.  Where ya been girlie?  We have hardly gotten to speak to you since you left.  WE MISS YOU! Especially one tall boy with an afro that we know. By the way, he is growing a goatee.  Yeah, he has been spending too much time with Chris and Joey. Anyways, please call me back.  We got the VMA's in two weeks and I'm dateless.  PULEASE! I want you to come with me.  We have to leave next Monday to go up there for rehearsals and stuff, so if you don't get this message by lets say...uhh Friday? Of this week just forget it. I'll get someone else.  See, I gotta arrange plane tickets and such.  But I REALLY want you to come. So, if you can, we would all love to see you. Miss ya, Love ya. BYE BYE BYE!" HE finished his message singing the infamous song and laughing.

 

Meredith sat on her bed thinking about the guys.  She had only talked to each of them once since she had left.  She had been busy but still it wasn't an excuse.  But in about 2 weeks she would see them again, even though they had no clue.  That made her smile.  She listened to the other messages and it finally got to the last one.

 

"Message 5. September 7...  Hey stranger."  Meredith eyes popped wide with shock as she recognized the smooth voice.

 

"I guess you aren't JC's date.  You're not here in New York, and that pretty much sucks.  Man, Meredith I miss you so much.  I've tried calling you but you are never there.  You are slipping out of my life.  This hurts.  Please call me or something.  I need to hear your voice. Hehe, I umm, I found myself calling your number over and over again just to hear your voice on the answering machine. 'Hi, this is Meredith, I cant come to the phone right now...' Well, I have to go.  We got sound check in a few minutes.  Britney wanted me to tell you hello.  I told you she was sweet.  She's my date, if you didn't know already. Well my mom is my date too, so I'm just big pimpin' eh? Well I guess this is bye for now.  I love you..."

 

Meredith stared at the ceiling with a distant smile.  Justin's voice was like a drug to her.  She immediately re-played the message.  After she played it for the 4th time something struck her.

 

-It's September 7th.  Today is September 7th. The VMAs are today! -

 

She ran around her room searching for her remote.  When she found it she impatiently changed the station to MTV and started watching intently.  It was the pre-show.

 

After about 15 minutes, Bryan McFayden introduced Nsync.  She just started laughing and smiling at the screen.  She told herself she was happy she wasn't JC's date because his outfit was off the wall.  But she would love to have been there.

 

-Who cares about his outfit? He is still a hottie. Hehe-

 

She noticed Justin's tight leather patched pants and she fell back on her bed in a fit of laughter.  She didn't know what was so funny. She guessed she was just happy to see his face, live.  She then noticed his tight white sweater.  His chest muscles were struggling to breathe in it and she literally groaned when she saw this.

 

Meredith watched the whole awards show intently as she packed her belongings.  A wave of jealousy invaded her as she saw Justin and Britney sitting beside of each other laughing.  When Britney's performance came on Meredith sat in shock and the jealousy got greater.  She didn’t know why.  Her and Justin were just friends.  Still, she was jealous.

 

Nsync won best pop and viewer's choice and she was extremely proud of them, like a parent.  Then Ananda Lewis and Aalyia came out and introduced the boys.  She immediately dropped the clothes she was folding, turned the TV up and stared at the TV, Indian style on the floor.  She looked like a little kid.  When they began to sing "This I promise you" Meredith just smiled and watched Justin. 

 

-YES! He FINALLY got a hair cut. The goatee doesn't look half-bad.  He looks older.  Damn, he is fine. -

 

Then when they did the whole TV/"bye bye bye" thing she sat there in amazement.  It was spectacular. And when they did the remix to "It's gonna be me" she laughed at their attempt's to break it down with the girls. She died out laughing when Joey stopped the show. She stared at Justin's outfit, wondering what the purpose of the little silver piece on his pants was.  The performance was over and shortly the awards show was too.  She immediately picked up her phone and started dialing the memorized numbers.

 

"Hey this is JC, I'm not here. So leave a message."

 

"C!  Its M!  I umm, got your message today, which is the 7th.  Yeah, so, sorry I couldn't be there.  But I hope you found someone to go with.  You guys performance was KILLER! I mean I was bouncing off the walls with the whole "1, 2, 3, 4 I think its time to get on the floor..." It was great.  Just great.  OH and congrats on the awards, that's very cool.  Now I expect you to be partying tonight so don't bother calling me.  I'll see you soon enough. Bye bye!"

 

She dialed the next number.

 

"Hello. This is Lance. Leave a message."

 

"L-boogie, my man. This is your one and only G.  Congrats on the awards and great job on the performance. Tell Leslie I said Howdy. Have a fun time to tonight and I'll see ya real soon buddy.  BYE MY LOVE!"

 

"Hey, It's Joey.  You know what to do."

 

"JOESPHINE! You OK?!  I got scared there for I minute while you were performing.  But it was a great show.  Congrats on the awards. I wish I could be there, but oh well.  Stay out of trouble tonight! Love you, bye bye."

 

"WASSSUPPPP. It's Chris, do as you are told and leave a message!"

 

"WASSSUUUPPPP.  Chris its M-dawg in tha house.  Great performance tonight. I'm so proud you won some moon-men.  That's awesome.  Have fun tonight and tell Dani I said hello. Bye babes!"

 

Then she dialed the final number, she was expecting the voice-message but it never came on. The phone rang and rang and rang and finally she gave up.  She pulled the phone away from her ear and was about to put it back on the receiver but someone picked up on the other end.

 

"Hello, Justin's phone."  Meredith quickly pulled it back to her ear.

 

"Yeah, this is Meredith. Is he around?" 

 

"Oh my goodness, Meredith?  THE Meredith.  The girl Justin keeps telling me I HAVE to meet."

 

"Umm, I guess, who is this?"

 

"Britney." She responded sweetly.

 

"Oh my gosh, Hey Britney, how are you?" she said extremely shocked.

 

"I'm great!  Did you watch the show tonight?"

 

"Yeah, it was awesome." Meredith responded genuinely.

 

"I thought *Nsync did a great job. That little TV thing was just so cool." Britney squeaked.

 

"Oh, I was bouncing all around my room when they did the 'gonna be me' remix.  By the way, you're performance was...well, girl you got a lot of balls to do that."  Meredith and Britney laughed.

 

"Yeah, everyone keeps talking about it.  Oh well, it's in the past."

 

"Yeah..."

 

"Oh my goodness, He's back...Justin its for you...good talking to you..."

 

"You too Britney." 

 

-She's all right.  She laughed at my jokes.  That's good enough for me. -

 

She heard in the background Justin asking whom it was and Britney saying, "ask and find out".

 

"Uhh, Hello?" The all too familiar voice entered Meredith's ear and her smiled brightened.

 

"Hey, Baby.  I LOVVEE that little shiny part of your pants that was in JUST the right area, if you know what I mean.  And those leather patch pants and TIIIIGHT white sweater.  UNNNNN! I just wanted to rip them off you!"  Meredith growled in a deep airy, sexy voice.

 

"Umm, Who is this?" His voice was shy and quiet and a little frightened.

 

"JUSTIN TIMBERFAKE! I can not BELIEVE the little crotch-piece thingy you had on.  What were you trying to say "Hey everyone look at me and my...well..you know!"

 

Justin didn't say anything for a few moments.  He was shocked.  It was her.

 

"MEREDITH!!! OH MY GOSH! Where have you been?"

 

"Ohh the usual. I went to Paris for a few weeks, fell in love with this French artist named Ramón.  We got married and now I'm pregnant with his child. What about you?" She said like it was no big deal.

 

"OH, do not EVEN joke about that.  Hold on a sec....Guys its G..." In the background she heard yelps of "G", "Mere", "MY DATE!" and "BOOTY"

 

"Meredith, I've missed you." Justin said sincerely.

 

"I've missed you too, J."

 

"When can I see you? Please tell me I can come visit, or you can, or something?"

 

"Justin, just trust me on this. You will see me very soon. OK?"

 

"Whatever Angel.  God, its great to talk to you." He sighed.

 

"You too babes, by the way congrats on the awards. "You got a moon-man, you got a moon man" <she mocked him> Tell the guys I left messages for them on their cells."

 

"Thanks and will do.  But, damn, I gotta go. Thank you SO much for calling. I'll probably call you like tomorrow or something.  You gonna be home?"

 

"Probably not. Have fun tonight and tell all this guys I miss them and love them."

 

"Umm, OK." He was confused by how she purposely did not want to talk to him.

 

"And Justin..."

 

"Yeah..." He sadly said.

 

"I love you."

 

"You better!  Cause I love you back."  He said a little happier.

 

"Bye J."

 

"Bye, my angel."

 

--------------------

A week and 1/2 later

 

"OK you guys. Ready to go meet your new assistant?" Johnny asked the five guys lounging on couches and chairs lazily.

 

"Sure." JC yawned, then stood up to stretch.

 

"I hope she's as good as Meredith." Justin mumbled.

 

"Oh gosh, here we go again.  Meredith this, Meredith that.  I mean I love the girl, but damn boy!" Chris playfully patted his younger friend's shoulder as Johnny led the five guys down one of the hallways of the WEG building.

 

They stopped at a door and Johnny knocked loudly and cracked the door open, music blared through the crack.

 

"Were here!"  Johnny yelled.  But there was no response.  He opened the door and saw that she had her back to them and was singing loudly along to D'Angelo's "How does it feel" blaring from her computer speakers.  Her hair was straight and in layers a few inches shorter than the last time Nsync had seen her.  They didn't realize who it was.

 

Meredith lifted a hand in the air and moved it along with the flows and beats of the song, swaying her head back and forth to the smooth beat. Her eyes were closed.  She was happy for the sound proof office, because she was sure that she would be bothering everyone in the building if not. Meredith had NO CLUE she had an audience. She belted along with D'Angelo and the guys instantly knew who it was.

 

Finally Meredith turned around in her rolly chair with her eyes closed singing. Then she opened her eyes and found 5 wide-eyed shocked young men and 1 giggling older man staring at her.  She gasped and her face turned red.  She planted her head on her desk in font of her and busted out in embarrassed laughter.  Johnny laughed with her but Nsync stood in shock.

 

"NO WAY!"  Chris yelled.

 

"YES WAY!" Meredith mocked him not moving her head from its position on the desk, but blindly moving but hand to turn off the stereo. Suddenly two familiar strong arms had picked her up and were swinging her around. He placed her on the ground and wrapped her in a hug, inhaling the sweet smell of her hair.

 

"Ohhh my goshhh, I've missed you."  Justin groaned softly, so happy to have her in his arms.

 

"You too, angel.  Did you like my little free solo performance I just gave you?"  She laughed kinda embarrassed still.  She rested against him and wrapped her small arms around his waist.

 

"Oh honey, don't even joke around with that song. It's just a tease coming from you." Justin looked down into her smiling face shaking his head and gently laughing.

 

"Don't hog her, Curly, damnnnn." Joey said pulling her away from Justin and hugging her. She said hello to all the guys and hugged them and silence fell across the room.

 

"So..." Lance started.

 

"OK, so what this means is that I'm still yall's assistant." Justin opened his mouth to ask a question but Meredith covered his mouth with her hand nonchalantly and continued. "I've moved into an apartment down here and I'm taking classes at FSU.  Let's just say you guys sure no how to make an impression on a lady. I mean I moved all the way down here for you guys." 

 

They all laughed and Meredith still had her hand on Justin's mouth.  Everyone giggled at his annoyed expression.  Suddenly Meredith felt something soft and wet against the palm of her hand.  She immediately jerked her hand away and glared at Justin.

 

"You did NOT just lick me..."

 

"What? Did it turn you on?  Do I make you horny baby, YEAHHH?"  Justin growled.

 

"Something's never change..." Meredith mumbled, shaking her head in mock disappointment. Then she busted into giggles.

 

"All right guys, so, you now know where Meredith's office is.  You're usually here after or before classes right?"  Meredith nodded and Johnny continued.  "So, whenever you need her, you can call her or whatever.  She has a box like everyone else at the front desk so if you need to get her something but she's not here you can.  And. I think that's about it.  Here are her phone numbers and stuff." Johnny handed the guys slips of paper that had her address, cell phone, work phone, and home phone on it and office hours.

 

"Wow, this is a lot more professional than when we were on tour!" Lance said smiling.

 

"Hey, what can I say?" Meredith shrugged.

 

"OK, ASSISTANT, for you're first assignment, we request your presence with us for lunch."  JC smiled.

 

"Umm, actually, I uhh, got kinda a date with Nick Carter." She looked at her watch. "Man, I'm late, gotta run.  It was good seeing you guys. Adios."  She grabbed her purse and ran out the room laughing as she jogged down the hallway.  She stopped at the front desk and started talking with the secretary.  Soon 5 familiar faces were sprinting down the hallway and came to a skidding halt when they saw her.  She looked at them and laughed.  The secretary looked over her shoulder and giggled also.

 

"Oh, you think that was funny?"  Joey asked.

 

"Yup!"

 

"You know, we have the power to fire you."  Lance chuckled

 

"You love me too much to do that."

 

"You're right, but we still can do this...."  Justin tackled her and swung her up over his shoulder like he had done so many times before.  She squirmed trying to make it difficult.  Suddenly the light changed and she realized she was outside.  Justin then swiftly flipped her over and the next thing she knew she was sitting in the passenger side of a NICE blue BMW M Roadster.  Justin jumped in beside her and started the engine.  He looked at her shocked expression and wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"Hey guys, we are going to Joe's right?" Justin asked

 

"Yup." the guys said in unison then all piled into JC's jeep.

 

Justin backed out and drove off.

 

"WOW!"  Meredith squealed in amazement and shock.

 

"You like her?  Yeah, I thought she was pretty sweet."  Justin said switching gears and accelerating.

 

"When I pulled up this morning I was eyeing this car. I swear I was like "whose car is this and where are they?" Mannn, this is nice."  Meredith sighed looking around the small car.  "How long have you had it?

 

"Since before the tour."

 

"And you never let me see it?  Oh THATS right, you hated me."

 

Justin rolled his eyes.  "I never hated you.  You just think I did."  He rubbed his chin with one hand and steered with the other.

 

She pushed his hand away and picked at his chin.  "What is this??  Justin Timberfake has gone through puberty.  My gosh!!  Tell the newspapers, call the radio!!  It's a miracle.  What are you trying to be "hip" with that little goatee thing going on??"  She laughed and he made a face before smiling at her.

 

"Do you like it?"  He asked sincerely.

 

"Hmmmmm, it's different.  But I like it.  It makes you look older.  It's sexy.  But I like the clean face too.  This is kinda too Brad Pittish.  But it's still cool.  Like I said, it's sexy."  He nodded, turned on the CD player and hit a button.  Soon the soft sounds Dave Matthew's came over the car.

 

"Justin, when did you..." He cut her off.

 

"I remembered you begging me to listen to this CD.  Well, I did.  It's great.  I especially like this song.  I got this hip-hop remix of the song from a friend.  Isn't it awesome?"  Justin turned up the stereo.

 

Meredith relaxed in her seat and listened as Dave Matthew's unique voice sang "Crash into me" with a hip-hop scratch beat set in the background.  The wind whipped her hair around and into her face.  She didn't care.  She felt free.  She was where she needed to be.  She was in Florida. She was with Justin.  She was where she WANTED to be.  For the first time, she was where she wanted to be.

 

---------

After lunch

 

"So, just follow me and Justin. OK?"  Meredith said.

 

"OK, now J, don't drive like a madman!"  JC told him.

 

"Oh shut up..." Justin mumbled.

 

Justin and Meredith got into his car and he cranked the engine.  Meredith was looking at the car beside them making faces at Joey in the backseat of JC's jeep.  After about a minute she realized Justin hadn't moved the car.  So she turned around and looked at him.

 

"Honey you have to take the car out of park for it to move."  Meredith said in a motherly voice.

 

"I know..." Justin lazily said then he reached towards her neck.

 

"What are you doing?"  She asked annoyed.

 

Justin just smiled and picked up the silver line around her neck and pulled on it so that the necklace was brought over her shirt.  When he saw what it was he instantly smiled brightly.  Meredith looked down at it and smiled, also.  It was a beautiful necklace.  Justin had given it to her before she left but was instructed not to open it until she got on to the plane.  It was a simple silver box chain.  But the charm was what was special.  It was a 1/2-inch long platinum cross. It was extremely thin and had engravings on it to make it sparkle in the light.  In the center of the cross was a small blue diamond.  It had to have been VERY expensive.  And Meredith felt guilty for him having gotten it for her.  But she cherished it none the less.

 

"Wow, whoever got you have must be really classy."  Justin smirked.

 

"Actually I got it out of a crackerjack box."  Meredith said seriously.

 

"Oh really, I didn't know crackerjack's gave out anything other press-on tattoos and stickers."

 

"No, I'm just kidding.  Some really sweet, sexy guy gave it to me.  He also gave me an amazing letter that I read every night before I go to bed."  Meredith smiled at Justin.

 

"Oh really! Hmmm, I wonder who that could be?"  Justin raised an eyebrow.

 

"Nick Carter."  Meredith whipped her head towards the opposite direction from Justin so she wouldn't bust out laughing.  She turned her head back around after a few seconds and Justin was glaring at her.  She couldn't help but laugh.

 

"Hey you two, are we going to go see G's apartment or are we just going to sit here."  JC rolled down his window and yelled at the two.

 

Justin and Meredith looked at JC and both said: "Sit here" They laughed and Justin put his car in reverse and backed out of the parking lot and headed towards Meredith's apartment.

 

After about 5 minutes of following Meredith's directions and singing to the radio, Justin turned the radio down and spoke.

 

"You scared me Meredith."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I really thought I was losing you.  So, I'm pretty pissed off at you because you tricked me into thinking that you were leaving me." He paused for moment thinking, "How long have you known that you were going to be staying in Florida?"

 

When she didn't answer he turned off the radio completely.

 

"Meredith, tell me."  He said firmly.

 

"Justin, please don't be mad at me."

 

"Just tell me how long."

 

"Since the last show."  She said quietly.

 

When he didn't speak, Meredith looked at him for an answer.  His face was concentrating on the road and sunglasses shielded his eyes, she couldn't figure it out.  So, she just sank in her seat and stared out the window.  The silence was killing her.  The radio was off.  Justin was not speaking to her and she wasn't about to say anything else and make him even madder.  The only thing that she could hear was the wind whipping around her.  So, she made a move to turn on the radio.  But Justin slapped her hand.

 

"Sorry." she mumbled.  He started giggling and then completely burst into laughter.

 

"Nobody touches my radio."  He said firmly then laughing some more.  Meredith just stared at him confused.

 

"Don't worry, g.  I ain't mad at ya.  I was worried, but all I care about is that you are here now."  He grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.

 

"I'm not going anywhere, either."  Meredith finished as she stared at his profile.

 

-Why does God have to make someone as beautiful as him?  Man, he looks good driving. -

 

"Turn here."  Meredith said. 

 

Justin did as he was told and pulled into a small apartment complex.  It was very nice with street lamps, side walks, flowers and shrubbery, very homey. 

 

"It's the third building on the right."

 

They pulled up to the building and Justin parked the car on the curb in front of it.  He hopped out and jogged to Meredith's side and opened the door for her.

 

"You never change do you?" Meredith shook her head smiling.

 

"Nope!"  With that, he kissed her temple as JC, Joey, Lance, and Chris piled out of the car parked behind theirs. 

 

They walked to the entrance and Meredith pressed a code and told the guys she'd give them the code later.  They took the steps up to the second floor and they past an old lady and girl about 7 years old.

 

"Hi Ms. Grenard.  Hello Samantha.  How are yall today?"  Meredith ask as they past by them.

 

"Fine dear, how are you?"  The older woman asked.

 

"I'm great!  These are some of my friends, Joey, Chris, Justin, Josh, and Lance"

 

"Nice to meet you boys."  They nodded at the woman and exchanged hellos.

 

Meredith noticed a tug on the end of her shirt and looked down at a wide-eyed Samantha.  She bent down so that she could clearly hear the young girl.

 

"Yes, Sam?"

 

"Is that *Nsync?"  The little girl whispered.

 

Meredith smiled.  She hardly ever considered them "Nsync".  To her they were Joey, Justin, Chris, JC, and Lance.  It was unusual for her to hear them called that, even though she heard it almost everyday.  At work they were Nsync.  But now they weren't working.  They were just spending time together.  Time with her.  Time she loved.

 

"Why yes it is, do you want to meet them?"  The little girl nodded.  Meredith stood up and pushed Samantha in front of her and put her hands on the girl's shoulder.

 

"Guy's I want you to meet Samantha."  Meredith mouthed 'She's a fan' and the guys smiled brightly and nodded.

 

"Hey Samantha, how are you?"  JC knelt down and shook the girl's hand.  The girl tackled him with a hug and everyone laughed.

 

The grandmother interrupted their introductions. "Samantha dear, we have to take you back to your mommy's"

 

"Nooo, I want to stay with *Nsync" The little girl whined.

 

Justin picked up the child and looked Samantha in the eyes and smiled. "Hey, I have a feeling we will be around here a WHOLE lot, so whenever you are visiting your grandmother why don't you come over to Meredith's apartment and we can hang out together."   He looked over to Meredith and winked at her.  She blushed and bowed her head.

 

-Gosh, he still does that to me, every time! -

 

A chorus of "Bye Samantha's were heard and Meredith opened the door to her apartment.

 

Her apartment was small, but since she was the only one living there it really was quite nice and spacious.  It had a kitchen and a small dining room.  There was a den with a balcony and a bathroom with just a toilet and sink.  Down a short hallway led to Meredith's bedroom, which was equipped with its on bathroom/shower.  Of course there were closets, ect. in random places around the apartment. Boxes were everywhere and the place still looked very empty.

 

"Well, its, umm, really, uhh cozy."  Lance said trying to find the words.

 

"Yeah, I like what you've done to the place G." Chris laughed.

 

"Oh, Shut up! I haven't had time to unpack everything yet."

 

"Need some help?" Justin asked.

 

"No I couldn't ask you guys to do that."

 

"We got all afternoon." JC remarked

 

"I got class."

 

Joey asked, "When?"

 

"At 5"

 

“That gives us 4 hours."  Lance said looking at his watch and smiling.

 

"Ohh all right, but you do everything I tell you.  And if you mess anything up, I'll kill you!"

 

"YES MA'AM" They all said.

 

They spent the afternoon unpacking and moving furniture around Meredith's apartment.  After a while she took a break and sat on her couch in the half empty living room and sipped on lemonade, all the while watching JC and Justin carry a heavy wooden piece of furniture across the room.  They had taken their shirts off and were now clad in undershirts.  They placed the furniture down and looked at her hopefully.

 

-Ohh, don't even look at them.  They shouldn't have smiles and bodies like that.  It's unreal.  It should be illegal. Man, they are so cuuuute.  Wow, look a Justin.  He IS my idea of perfection. -

 

"Umm, no I think it needs to go back over there."  Meredith pointed to across the room and smiled innocently.  JC was willing to move the piece again but Justin just stood there and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

"Why don't YOU move it, miss prissy?" Justin angrily said.

 

"J, I'm just playing.  Its not everyday a girl has *Nsync to help her move into her home." She winked at him.

 

"It looks great right there, guys.  Thanks!" She finished.

 

"Hey G! I need to, uhh, ask you something, umm, about your bedroom."  Joey said plopping down beside her on the couch.

 

"Yeah, what is it?"

 

"Well, just before...nevermind, follow me."  He stuttered. 

 

Meredith followed Joey into her bedroom with JC and Justin not far behind.  When she entered she froze in her tracks and gasped at the sight of Chris and Lance covered in her clothes.  Her room looked like a war-zone of clothes.

 

"He started it!" Chris pointed to Lance

 

"Oh, no I did not!"

 

"Shut up, you know you did."

 

"OK! I DONT CARE WHO STARTED IT! I WANT THIS CLEANED UP NOW!"  Meredith screamed causing everyone to step back from her.

 

She stepped further into the room.  Clothes were thrown everywhere.  Somehow the two had started a clothing fight.

 

"Meredith we are really sorry."  Lance said as she plopped down on her bed and buried her face into the pillow. She started laughing uncontrollably. And all the guys just stood there not knowing what to do or what was so funny.

 

She took the pillow off her face and said loudly, "You guys are SOOO immature sometimes."  Then she giggled on her bed. 

 

"Oh you think this is funny, do you?"  Chris stood up with his hands on his hips.  Meredith just nodded and kept on laughing.

 

"I don't think its funny." Lance said.

 

"Me either." JC firmly spoke.

 

Joey smiled sheepishly "Not me."

 

"Nuh uh."  Justin said with a thuggish accent.

 

Meredith then sat up on her bed and looked at the 5 faces that surrounded her. 

 

"I'm sorry you guys. I didn't mean to offend you by calling you."

 

"NO!  You've already said it once." Chris said putting a hand up in front of him to stop her.

 

She smiled at them; "It's good to have you fellas back in my life."

 

Justin walked over and climbed onto her bed and laid down snuggling up to her.  Soon JC followed and the next thing she knew, everyone was on her bed sprawled out on top of each other.  Everyone had worked really hard trying to help Meredith move in and now the tiredness was setting in. Meredith leaned back against someone, not really caring who it was.

 

"You guys, if my bed breaks you have to buy me a new one." She said staring at her ceiling.

 

"I'm surprised we all fit on here."  Joey commented.

 

"What time is it?"  JC yawned.

 

Lance raised his watch over his head and said, "4:45"

 

"CRAP!" Meredith jumped up hitting and sitting on people as she made her way off the bed. She then started picking up clean clothing and changing right in front of the 5 guys. 

 

"Meredith, umm, you do realize we are in here."  JC stuttered.

 

"SHHHH, don't remind her" Joey smirked.

 

Meredith pulled on a clean pair of Adidas pants. "I don't care. I've got 15 minutes to get to my class. It takes at least 10 minutes to get to the campus from here...and oh, no...." Meredith plopped down on her carpeted floor as she pulled a clean shirt over her head and sighed.

 

"What G?"  Chris asked.

 

"My car is still at WEG."  She groaned.

 

Justin shrugged and got off the bed. "No prob, I'll take you. And by the way I drive, you'll be there in like 3 minutes."

 

"Oh Justin you are my hero."  She ran up to him and quickly hugged him and stated dragging him through the apartment.

 

"Bye guys, just show yourselves out.  And Chris and Lance don't worry about the mess.  I don't really care. Bye guys love you.  See you tomorrow."  By then she and Justin were out the doorway and headed off to FSU.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant