Chapter 14

 

"Bye, Bye Byee..."

 

"Thank you Again Charlotte!"  Chris screamed.

 

"We hope you had a great time. We sure did."  Joey flirted with the crowd.

 

Justin pointed to the band. "Let's hear it one more time for the *Nsync band."

 

"Let's hear it for our fans!"  JC spoke as the crowd erupted.

 

"We will see you next time!"  Lance said.

 

The guys departed the stage, grabbed water bottles and towels and jogged to the bus.

 

Chris entered first, then, Lance, JC, Joey, and finally Justin.

 

Chris ran through the bus. "Hey M!"

 

"What up G?"  Lance plopped on one of the couches

 

"Hey Merey!" JC patted her back.

 

Joey kissed her cheek.  "Sup chick?"

 

"Hi."  Justin barely smiled, but winked when the guys weren't looking.

 

"Justin..." Meredith firmly said.  She hadn't even acknowledge the other guys.

 

"Yes, dear?"  He responded sarcastically.

 

"UGH.  You know what?  You can go to hell.  I'm tired of this crap you keep putting me through!"

 

"WHAT?"  Justin acted mad remembering their plan.

 

"Hey, what did you two talk about in J's wardrobe?"  Lance giggled.

 

JC shook his head. "Yeah, we don't want another brawl."

 

"Why not?  They are kinda fun to watch!"  Joey broke open a bag of chips and began eating like he was watching a movie.

 

"Justin, HERE, thinks that since we are such GOOD friends that we should do that friends with benefits thing."  Meredith pointed to him angrily.

 

"WHAT?"  Justin actually was surprised but when Meredith narrowed her eyes even more he got the hint.  "Look, I know you want me!  Just stop denying it.  All that "Like a virgin" BS is not very sexy if you ask me."

 

"WELL if you don't find it sexy then why are you pursuing me??"  Meredith got up in his face.

 

"Because, a boy needs some action every now and then."  Justin shrugged.

 

"I'll give you some action!"  She slapped him across the face causing the people on the bus to stare in shock and a few chuckled.  He touched where she had slapped him very lightly and looked up at her with pain and anger in his eyes.

 

"Back lounge, now."  He stated firmly.

 

"No."  She said snobbishly.  She didn't think she had hit him that hard, but she had, and he was VERY angry.

 

"BACK LOUNGE NOW!!!!"  He roared.  The whole bus stopped.  He stood up still lightly touching his cheek. With his other hand he grabbed her arm forcefully and dragged her into the back lounge with him.  He practically threw her on the couch and looked back over his shoulder.

 

"If you ease-drop you are DEAD!"  He slammed the door.  He turned back to Meredith on the couch.  She was giggling into a pillow.

 

"WHAT THE HELL IS SO DAMN FUNNY?"  He yelled.

 

Through giggles Meredith managed, "Justin...OK...you can.... stop...now."  She looked up at him and noticed his hurt eyes.  She stopped giggling immediately.

 

"J, what's wrong?  I'm sorry. I thought we were just playing."  She watched as he touched his face and paced back and forth in the small amount of space he had.

 

"We were, but then you slapped me.  I can't believe you did that. You...hit me" He quietly sat down on the couch and a tear fell from his eye on the side of his face where she slapped him.  He wiped it away forcefully but winced when he accidentally touched the redden cheek.

 

"Oh my gosh.  I didn't realize I had...ohhhhh." She immediately got up and sat beside him wrapping him in a hug.  She felt awful.

 

"Just get away..." Justin mumbled.

 

She tightened her grip around him. "Nope, you're stuck with me."

 

He finally rested his head on her shoulder.  She took one of his hands and entangled it with hers.  He brought it up to his lips and kissed the top of it.

 

"I guess we got carried away. I shouldn't have yelled at you."

 

"I shouldn't have slapped you."

 

"Will you kiss it and make it better?"  He asked hopefully but seriously.  She lifted his face close to hers and stared into his watery blue orbs.

 

"I'm sorry Justin. I, I cant believe I hurt you.  I love you.  Will you forgive me?"

 

"If you kiss me, I will."  He smirked as she leaned into him.

 

"I can arrange that." She lightly brushed her lips against his redden cheek.  He shifted in pain and she blew on it.  He closed his eyes tightly, trying to rid the sting.  Her warm breath was very soothing to his skin. 

 

"Better?" He just nodded slightly and nuzzled her neck.

 

"Stop...that tickles...stop..." She giggled as he tickled her neck with his breath and soft lips.

 

"I still love you."  He whispered against her skin.

 

"You better."  She laughed.  Just then a muffled voice was heard from the other side of the door.

 

"Justin?  Mere?  You guys OK?"  JC's calming voice called to him.  Justin looked up at Meredith with a pout.

 

"What?" She asked.

 

"No REAL kiss, yet."  He pouted even more.

 

"Oh gosh.." She leaned in a kissed him full on the lips.  She pulled away very slowly bring him with her.

 

"Justin, JC is going to barge in here."  She mumbled against his mouth. 

 

He groaned, "I don't care."  She pulled away finally and stood up.

 

"Come on.  Let's go.  I think the bus has stopped."  She gave him her hands and he reluctantly took them and stood up.

 

"Aight G.  Time to go back to being a bitch."

 

"Hey..." She pushed his shoulder and he smirked. 

 

"This has been one hell of a day, eh?" Justin asked.

 

"You can say that again!" Meredith opened the door and looked at an impatiently waiting JC.

 

"WHAT?"  She rolled her eyes and pushed past him.  Justin mocked her behind her back and followed her out of the bus and into the hotel.

 

------------

"So, we clubbin?" Joey asked.

 

Meredith looked at their tired faces. "I think you boys need your rest."

 

"I think you need to lighten up."  Justin mumbled.

 

"I think you both need to SHUT UP!"  JC sighed tired of their fighting.

 

"Sorry..." Meredith said annoyed.

 

The elevator doors opened to Meredith's floor.

 

"I'll meet you guys up in your hallway in half an hour."

 

"Bye g."  Lance called after her.  She waved without turning around.

 

"Chris you are being quiet."  Joey observed.

 

"Yeah, you know what I think I'm just going to call Danielle tonight and go to bed."

 

"Sure whatever man.  I understand. The flu's a bitch, eh?"  Joey said as he stepped off the elevator that had reached their floor. The rest of the guys followed suit.

 

---------------------------------------

 

"Is the booty coming out?"  Joey smirked.

 

"Oh gosh.  That joke is so old."  Meredith groaned and leaned against JC's shoulder.  She closed her eyes.

 

"Come on girl, don't go to sleep yet.  We aren't even at the club." JC made her sit up straight by wiggling his shoulders.

 

"I'm tired.  Sorry.  I've had a rough day."  The guys nodded their head in understandment. 

 

Meredith looked in front of her at the figure directly across from her.  He was looking out the window intently.  He was dressed in boots, black leather pants, a red shirt, and a black leather jacket.  A whitish bandanna covered his hair. She studied his profile.  His jawline.  His intense stare.  She was in love with him.

 

Meredith was stealing glances at him trying not to be noticed.  Justin was doing the same thing with her. 

 

He had never seen her look this clubish before.  She had on black bootleg stretch pants with her black 3-inch heels.  Her top was a bright blue tight spaghetti strap top that cut short right above her belly button.  Her hair was straight and she had lots of sparkly makeup on. She usually was much more reserved.  But he didn't mind this look. Not. At. All.

 

While stealing glances at each other the rest of the guys were oblivious, caught up in their own conversations.  But Meredith caught Justin glance and she smiled at him.  He gave her a crooked grin back and turned his attention to the conversation the rest of the guys were in.  Soon they were at the club.

 

------------------

Hour and 1/2 later

 

Meredith sat alone in the booth.  Lance had been with her but got carried away by some girl.  She scolded him about Leslie but he reassured her.  Meredith really wasn't paying attention anyway.  All she was focused on was a tall handsome figure near the center of the dance floor, breaking it down and smiling with some skinny, tall, blonde chick.  She knew they were trying to act mad at each other but she was tired of it. She danced with Joey, JC, and Lance at the beginning but that changed. Joey was now dancing with his usual 10 girls.  JC was talking to a girl in some booth in a corner.  Lance was dancing with someone else and Meredith was all alone running her fingers up the side of her glass of water.

 

She loved dancing with Justin.  He was a lot of fun.  They danced all the time over the summer.  They knew each other's moves and it made them look really good on the dance floor.  Meredith sighed and put her chin in her propped up open palm.  She wanted to leave.  She didn't want to just sit there all night.  She decided to motion for one of the guards.  She craned her neck and spotted Dre. She waved at him and he finally took notice and came towards her.

 

"Hey Mere, what is it?" Dre asked.

 

"I'm going back to the hotel.  I just figured I would tell you so you wouldn't spaz."

 

"M, I don't want you going back by yourself."

 

"You need to stay here, I don't want to spoil the guys fun.  I can just get a cab."

 

"I guess its OK."

 

"Hell no it's not OK." Justin sat down beside her on the booth staring at her face.  She closed her eyes turned her head to him.  Meredith looked at Justin and then at Dre.

 

"I'm sorry Dre.  I guess my master doesn't think its that great of an idea."  Dre nodded and walked away.

 

"You were going to leave?"  He asked disappointed.

 

"Yeah."  She took a sip of water.

 

"Why?  We haven't even danced together yet."  Justin pleaded.

 

"Well you've been a little preoccupied."

 

Justin sighed and took her hand.  "That girl was dancing with me to get with Chris.  When she found out he wasn't here, she jetted.  I came straight for you when she did."  They stood up together and walked towards the floor.

 

"Oh so I'm second pick."  Meredith grinned as they entered the dance floor.

 

"No, you're the ONLY pick.  That girl just wouldn't let me go."  Justin and Meredith were now in the middle of the floor.

 

"Hey, I see G is going to give J a little action after all."  Joey yelled from his crowd of girls.

 

"No, that's later on tonight."  Meredith laughed at Joey's shocked expression and looked at Justin who was smiling evilly. 

 

"What?"

 

"Oh, just listening to the music."  Meredith listened and groaned. 

 

"Justin, I'm not going to back my thing up."

 

"You will if I ask you to." He put his hands on her hips and brought her as close as possible to him.

 

"You know, I could sue you for sexual harassment."  She stated seriously.

 

"Not, if you enjoy it."  He whispered into her hair.

 

"Just dance."  She said annoyed.

 

Justin and Meredith danced with only each other for the rest of the night.  Meanwhile Lance had joined JC and his new friend.

 

"Lance, I'd like you to meet Crystal."  Lance sat down at the booth and shook her hand.

 

"Nice to meet you." 

 

“Likewise." She smiled.

 

"Hey JC, Meredith and Justin aren't mad at each other anymore. Look..."

 

Lance pointed to their spot on the dance floor where Justin's arms were loosely around her waist and her arms were slung over his shoulders.  They were just swaying to the music, obviously in some deep conversation.

 

"I don't really think they were fighting to begin with.  Justin isn't the type of guy to ask girls to do the friends with benefits thing, especially Meredith.  I'm not saying he wouldn't WANT to.  He just would never ask."

 

"True, true."  Lance nodded his head.

 

"Ummm, I'm lost."  Crystal chuckled.

 

"Ohh, see Meredith there..." He pointed to her and Justin. "...Got a job for us over the summer.  Her and Justin were always fighting at the beginning but they just one day decided to be best friends and here we are."

 

"They look a little more than friends if you ask me."  She raised an eyebrow.

 

JC nodded. "Yeah, they love each other.  They just, I don't know.  They are weird.  They are still very much in the closet with each other, I guess."

 

"I'm still wondering what they talked about in his wardrobe." Lance put in.

 

On the dance floor....

 

"I wanna li-li-li-lick you from your head to your toes. Then I wanna, move from the bed down to the-down to the-to the floor. Then I wanna, ah, ah, you make it so good I dont wanna leave.  Cause gotta kn-kn-kn-know, wha-what's your fant-ta-ta-syyyy.."

Justin rapped sweetly along with the music into her ear.  Her back was to him and he had his hands lock with hers, resting on her stomach and his arms wrapped around her.  She tilted her head up to look at him.  Meredith took her hand from his and put it to the back of his head to give him a clue as to what she wanted.  He obliged and lowered his head to give her a soft kiss.  They pulled away smiling.  Meredith whispered, "Let's show these people what we can do."

 

At the booth...

 

"Well I believe your worries are over." Crystal turned her attention from the dance floor to the guys at her booth.

 

"What do you mean?"  JC asked taking a sip from his beer.

 

"I think I just saw your two friends kiss.  And look at them now!"  She pointed.

 

Lance and JC turned their attention to Meredith and Justin who were really dirty dancing to Ludakris's "Fantasy".  Meredith had her butt right on Justin's crotch area and she was bent over some with her hands on her thighs.  HE was bent over on top of her back and guiding her hips into him with his hands.

 

"Gosh, he REALLY did unleash the booty."  Lance chuckled with JC.

 

"You know what? For a virgin I think she must take lesson's or something, because you just don't KNOW how to dance like that."  JC shook his had.

 

"Virgin's don't dance like that."  Crystal giggled.

 

"Well, Meredith dances like that, and to my knowledge she IS a virgin."  Lance slumped in his chair and looked at his watch.  "Oh great its already 2:30!"

 

"We gots to go!" JC whined.

 

"Yeah, I nominate YOU to go get them off the dance floor."  Lance pointed at JC.

 

"Fine.  You have to go get Joey."  JC smiled a fake sweet smile.

 

The two guys said goodbye to Crystal and went to go find their friends.

 

Lance found Joey and they went and entered their limo and waited for the rest.  All the while JC pushed his way through the crowd to see Meredith and Justin in the middle of a huge opened circle.  Everyone was watching them break it down to Soul Decision's "Faded."  JC stood in the circle, watched, and smiled at his two friends.

 

"You know what? This is like your theme song for me."  Meredith said as she backed away from him and turned around to stand behind him.  She took her hands and placed them, palm open on his stomach and moved them all the way down as the two grinded to the music.  She got to his waist and the crowd started rooting for her to continue.  She shrugged and moved her hands, slowly, until they were right on his upper thigh, extremely close to, well you know.  Justin immediately stopped dancing and stared down at her hands with wide eyes.  She then pressed down and motioned for him to break it down to the floor.  He did just that, after the shock of her hands being so close to him.  She stepped around him and stood in front of him as he was practically touching the floor.  He worked his way back up stopping only at her exposed stomach to kiss her belly button.  He moved up further and kissed her upper chest.  He continued with her collar, her neck and her jawline singing the song very softly as he went.  "...thinking bout making my move tonight.  I can't pretend that you're only my friend when you're holding my body tight..." They bumped and grinded until the song was over and the crowd surrounding them cheered.  

 

"I tired."  Meredith leaned against Justin's chest.

 

JC came up to them. "Hey you guys, umm great pornography you got going on there."  Meredith glared at him from Justin's chest.

 

Justin nodded with JC. "Dude, did you see what she did with her hands.  I think she is just a little hooch waiting to be born."  Meredith stood up straight and hit him kinda hard on the shoulder.

 

"Ow!"

 

"I resent that Timberfake."  She turned back to JC who was laughing at them.

 

"Oh yeah, Lance and Joey are waiting in the limo.  It's past 2:30."

 

"I guess we should go then."  Justin looked down at her wore out face.  He linked her hand with his and they followed JC out of the club.  Once inside the limo Meredith immediately put her head in Justin's lap and closed her eyes.  He just smiled and ran his fingers through her hair.

 

"I see you and G made up."  Joey smiled evilly, giggling.

 

"Yeah.  We did."  Justin quietly stated.

 

Lance stuttered. "I've seen you guys dance before, but that out there was, well, I'm just glad you too had clothes on."

 

"Step back you dancing kinda close I feel a little poke coming through on you."  Meredith mumbled and pointed to Justin.  She always got a little goofy when she was really worn out. All the guys laughed in surprise and Justin's face got red.  He leaned over and whispered in her ear.

 

"That was embarrassing."

 

"Well, you need to learn to control your body parts when you are dancing, Justin."  She said in her same position.

 

"You annoy me." He mocked her and she tiredly giggled as she blindly reached up and patted his cheek that was no longer red from her slap.  In the process she practically poked out his eye and the whole limo laughed at their antics.

---------

 

"Umm, Mere we are at your floor."  Joey pointed out giggling.  He was still a little buzzed.

 

"Yeah, I'm going up to check on Chris."  Meredith looked over at Justin and smiled.

 

"Oh, well remember to use protection when you're bangin' Justin."  Joey laughed and stumbled out of the elevator to his room.

 

"I can't believe..." Justin started.

 

"Justin babes. It's written all over your face.  You want to screw me."  Meredith laughed and stepped off after JC and Dre, leaving Mike, Justin, and Lance still in the elevator.

 

"That girl better watch herself."  Justin mumbled and walked towards his room.  Meredith was leaning by the doorway, biting her nails.

 

"Don't do that."  Justin quietly said bringing her hand from her mouth with one hand and interlocking it with his.  He unlocking his door with the other hand stepped inside and brought her in with him. 

 

"So what do you want to do?  I mean its like 3.  I kinda need some sleep."  Meredith asked sitting on the edge of the bed and laying back.  Justin walked into the bathroom to wash his face.

 

"I was thinking we could cuddle, make out, whatever..." He snickered as he let the cold water splash across his face.

 

"I had a lot of fun tonight, Justin.  Especially after blondie left."

 

"Blondie has a name, though I seem to have forgotten it."  Justin chuckled and stepped out of the bathroom.

 

"Hey, I wonder if any good movies are on TV."

 

"Why don't you turn on the TV and find out?"  Justin raised an eyebrow at her sprawled across the bed.

 

"I'm too lazy."

 

"You know, I usually find that as a turn off."  He climbed on the bed beside her.

 

"Oh well, your loss."  She turned and rested her head so she was facing Justin.  She smiled tiredly.

 

"Yeah..." He brushed a lock of hair that fell across her face out of the way.  "I'm really glad you were ready."

 

"Me too."

 

He leaned down and brushed his pout with hers.  He stayed there not really kissing her but just letting his lips touch hers with both their eyes closed for a few moments.

 

"Meredith..." He mumbled.

 

"Huh?" She barely made out.

 

"You asleep?"

 

"Yeah, you?"

 

"Yeah.  You going to stay here tonight?"

 

"Why not?"  She smiled and this caused him to do the same.  He giggled and rubbed her nose with his.

 

"Come on sleepy head lets get all snugly under the covers."  He sat up and immediately removed his shirt and pants.  Leaving him only in plaid boxers and a gray wifebeater.

 

"Can I have some clothes to change into?"  She scratched her head tiredly.

 

"Now usually I would try to be all sexy and say "not a chance."  But not tonight.  You've already worn me out with all that dancin'.  What were you trying to do with that little hand thing?"  He smiled fully and threw a white undershirt and pair of UNC boxers at her.

 

"I don't know.  I just did it. Ugh, Tarheels?  No thanks!"  She threw them back at him. 

 

"Fine, I won't give you any boxers."  She immediately got up and grabbed the shorts out of his hands and stormed to the bathroom to change. She changed quickly and washed her face to rid it of the make-up she had on. When she got out, the room was pitch black, she was flooded with memories of the first night she stayed in Justin's room.

 

"If I step on a potato chip again, you..are...dead!"  She accented the last words and blindly made her way to Justin's bed.

 

"Meredith you aren't sleeping with me, I mean we haven't been together for more than 12 hours."

 

"Oh shut up."  She pulled back the covers and slipped into the bed.  Justin immediately wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled her neck.

 

"I'm so happy.  I love you more than I can express."  He whispered against her soft skin.

 

"So, J, are you my boyfriend now?"  She asked turning on her other side to face him.

 

"Do you want me to be?"  She could see his smile in the darkness.

 

"YUP!"  She tickled him under his chin and he giggled a giggle she had never heard.  It was boyish, sweet, cute, pure, amazing.

 

"I love you so much."  She locked her lips to his and he immediately deepened it.  After a few minutes of kissing Justin noticed her not really doing much kissing back.  He pulled away and kissed her forehead.

 

"Goodnight, angel."  He whispered.

 

She mumbled. "Night, love."  Soon they were both asleep in each other's arms

 

------------

"Do you think we should wake them?"  Lance whispered.

 

JC shushed them. "Nah, let them sleep."

 

"Oh I gotta get a picture of this."  Chris pulled out his camera and took a picture

 

Joey smiled evilly; "Do you guys think they had sex?"

 

"NO!" They all yelled in whispers.

 

Chris bent down by Justin's ear. His mouth was inches from his ear and yelled.  "TIME FOR SCHOOL!"  Justin shot up causing Meredith to fall back on the bed with a thump.  She had been lying on his chest.  She groaned and put a pillow over her head.  Justin looked at the faces around the room laughing.

 

"I hate you all."  He mumbled and lay back down on the bed and looked over at Meredith who was hiding under a pillow.  He started laughing.

 

"So, Justin.  You and Meredith eh?"  Joey snickered.

 

"Yes you guys, me and Meredith are FINALLY a couple."  Justin rolled over and wrapped an arm around her, protectively.

 

"No, I bet this is all a trick."  Chris crossed his arms.

 

"Yeah, PROVE IT!" Lance demanded.  Justin smiled and took the pillow off of Meredith's face and she glared at him.

 

"Yeah, doll.  Do you mind morning breath?" He put a piece of fallen hair behind her ear.

 

"No, just get this over with so I can go back to sleep." 

 

"You are so romantic in the morning."  He said sarcastically. 

 

She scooted closer and he leaned down towards her.  He looked back up at all the guys waiting impatiently.  He smiled and turned back down to Meredith. 

 

Justin pressed his lips firmly to hers and she immediately wrapped her arms around his neck.  He deepened the kiss by tilting his head and letting his tongue glide into her mouth.  She moaned and he slowly pulled away and looked at his friends shocked expressions.

 

"I like your face kinda scruffy."  She said running her hand along his unshaven cheek and chin. Justin giggled and threw his legs over the side of the bed.  He stood up and patted his shocked friends' backs as he made his way to the bathroom.

 

"Hey you guys I'm going to take a shower.  Please let Meredith sleep.  She was up late last night and you know how she is if she doesn't get her 9 hours of shut eye."  He closed the bathroom door. 

 

The rest of the guys slowly turned their heads back to Meredith.

 

"Well its about time!"  JC threw up his hands and stormed to the door.

 

"Later G."  Lance said following him.

 

Chris bent down and gave her a noogie, "Aww, our little M is all grown up."  She swatted at him and he turned and left the room. 

 

Joey sat down on the bed and leaned over and kissed her temple.  She opened one eye and he smiled down at her.  "I'm happy for you Mere.  Justin has wanted this for a long time.  He deserves someone as special as you.  We are all very glad you guys finally got your act together."  She opened her other eye and smiled at Joey.  For the first time he had actually said something very sweet and genuine about her relationship with Justin. 

 

"Thank you Joey.  That means a lot."  She smiled and pointed to the door.  "Now OUT! I need my sleep."  He chuckled and left her alone to fall asleep to the gentle sound of the running water and Justin's light singing voice echoing in the shower.

--------

2 1/2 months later, Christmas Day

 

Justin sat on the couch right beside his brother who was devouring his presents.  For the first time Justin felt extremely lonely.  Usually Christmas was his favorite holiday.  He got a break from his work and crazy lifestyle and was able to spend time with his family.  But the one person he wanted to be there wasn't. She had her own family.  He wanted to spend their first Christmas as a couple together.  He needed her beside him.  It wasn't the same.  The Christmas spirit didn't fill him like it usually did.  He tried his best to put on a front for his family.  But he knew he was slowly breaking down with every unwrapped present. 

 

"OH MY GOSH!!  Thank you Justin.  It's the one that I wanted!"  John yelled breaking Justin of his thoughts of Meredith.

 

"I'm glad you like it buddy."  Justin forced a grin and ruffled John's hair as he found another present.

 

"Big J, this one is for you!"  John put it in his brother's face.  His mother quickly snatched the present away and laughed nervously.

 

"Not yet honey.  We are saving that one for later."  She placed it beside her chair.

 

"So, what do you say we go eat?"  Justin sighed.  Maybe food could rid his mind of her.  He really doubted it though.

 

"Great idea."  Lynn stood up and the rest of the family followed her into the kitchen helping set the table.  She couldn't help but smile at her depressed son.  Everything was going to work out great.

 

-------------

Justin massaged his temples as he and his family watched his younger brother attempt to play with one of his many new toys.  He remembered being that young during Christmas.  He wish he could turn back the clock and go back to being that young.  But then again if he was that young, SHE wouldn't be with him.  He was driving himself mad.  He had to get out of here.  He couldn't believe he wanted to just go home and mope instead of being with his family on Christmas.  She had now consumed his world.  Without her, nothing else mattered.  He was completely infatuated with her. 

 

He NEEDED her there.

 

He had promised his mother he would stay at her house all day for Christmas.  She had told him that she knew it was hard.  But he didn't care.  This was a big deal.  He didn't even care what his mother thought.  He was REALLY missing her.

 

"Justin, OK.  I think it is time for your last present."  Lynn said getting up from her perch that had been by the window.  She was smiling secretively.

 

"What is it, mom?"  Justin asked forcing another smile.

 

"You'll see.  Here, open it."  Lynn handed him the box that she had snatched from Jon earlier. Justin ripped it open and carefully removed the top of the box.  He stared at what was inside.

 

"A phone?"  He looked at his mother with a raised eyebrow.

 

"Pick it up, answer it." She smiled brightly.

 

"Umm, OK!"  Justin rolled his eyes wondering what was going on.  He flipped open the cells phone and brought it to his ear.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Well, its about time.  I've been waiting for forever!"  Meredith's voice filled his ears and he immediately started smiling one of the few smiles he had shown all day.

 

He smirked and pretended to be annoyed. "What is this?  I could have called you myself.  Or you could have called me.  You didn't have to buy me ANOTHER phone." 

 

"You are so dense.  But I love you.  This isn't your REAL present J.  Now you must do everything I tell you."

 

"Yes master."

 

"THAT'S what I like to hear. OK, go to the front door."  Justin walked to the front door.

 

"All righty, what next?"

 

"Open the door, blockhead.  Step outside and look in the driveway, your present is waiting. I have to go.  Have a Merry Christmas."  With that she hung up the phone.  He looked at the phone questionably and stared at the wooden door in front of him.  He was confused.

 

So, he did what he was supposed to.  He swung open the door, unaware of his family's happy faces behind him, stepped outside and looked in the driveway.  He opened his mouth in shock and felt his eyes begin to water immediately in joy.

 

Sitting on the hood of her car, with the windows rolled down and her radio blasting *Nsync's "The Only Gift", and a HUGE red bow placed on her head, was Meredith.  She was looking around pretending to look like she didn't notice him and eating a candy cane. 

 

"OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!" Justin yelled with joy and immediately ran towards her.  He stopped right in front of her and picked her up off her car and swung her around in the air laughing and crying with joy.  The bow fell off her head but neither was paying attention.  He placed her back on the ground and immediately wrapped her in his arms and kissed her passionately.  When he pulled away she looked up at him with a big surprised smile.

 

"Well, Merry Christmas to you too!"  Meredith giggled and wiped away the few tears that had escaped from his eyes and continued eating her candy cane.  He leaned down and held her while gently kissing her neck.

 

"I love you.  I can't believe you did this.  I was DYING without you."  He whispered in her ear.

 

"Well let me tell you something, I'm DYING in this sweatshirt.  Which, by the way, sorry I'm not all dressed up.  You know how I am with planes and being comfortable. Anyways, I forgot that it never goes below 65 here.  It's 25 degrees in Carolina.  Can you believe that?"  She stepped away from him and gave a goofy face.

 

He sat on her car and was now eye-level with her. "Shut up. I don't care about the stupid weather!"  He laughed at her when she glared at him.

 

"Did you actually think I could spend Christmas away from my sexy and fun and caring and sweet and cute and wonderful boyfriend?"  She asked as she stretched her arms around his neck and pulled in close to him.

 

"I was seriously thinking about getting on a plane and flying up there.  But you had already done it! I couldn't stand to be away from you on Christmas."  He wrapped his arms around her and brought her as close as possible to him.  He rested his forehead on hers.  And she stuck the last piece of candy cane in his mouth, letting her fingers rest on his lips.

 

She whispered, "I love you."

 

He pushed the candy to one side of his mouth. "I love my present."  He giggled as she leaned in and gently touched his lips with hers, passing the candy back into her mouth.  After a few minutes of just kissing and cuddling and being a couple, Lynn stepped out the front door and called to them.

 

"Hey you two!  Get in here.  And Justin stop hogging her.  We want to see her too!" 

 

"Yes, mother."  He quietly said as he scooped Meredith up in his arms and carried her into his house.  She was laughing hysterically.

 

"Lynn, I think your son thinks he is on baywatch or something.  We got ourselves a Hasselhoff, Jr."  She giggled.  He whispered in her ear.

 

"You could get implants and be Pamela, Jr."  He kissed her earlobe and put her down.  She raised an eyebrow at him and playfully shoved his shoulder.

 

"You annoy me."  She said like she always did to him.

 

"Well, look at that.  How did that get up there?"  Lynn mocked being surprised as she nodded at something above the young couple.  They looked up and saw mistletoe hanging above them.

 

"Mom, that was not there when I went outside."

 

"I know."  She said smugly and brought out her camera.  "Now let me get a picture of yall."

 

Justin groaned at his mother and turned his eyes towards Meredith who was blowing kisses to her "boyfriend," John.

 

"Are you cheating on me?"  He asked her annoyed.

 

"Yup!"  She smiled at John and he ran up to her and hugged her.

 

"I missed you girlfriend.  Even though I saw you last week.  Justin kept talking about how he missed you too."  She hugged him back and looked up at Justin.

 

"Is that so..." She dragged out.  Justin rolled his eyes. He nodded towards the mistletoe and gave his infamous crooked smile.  John ran off to find one of his toys to show her but while he was gone, Justin swept Meredith off her feet and kissed her fully on the mouth.  Lynn snapped a picture before John came up and pushed in-between the two.  Lynn quickly grabbed her younger son's hand and dragged him away.

 

"Honey, let Meredith and Justin be alone."  She pushed him into the den with his new toys.

 

"But mommy..." He whined.

 

She said firmly, "Jonathan."

 

"I know, let Meredith and Justin be alone."  He bowed his head and stomped off to play with his toys.

 

Justin had already led Meredith upstairs into his old room.  It was fairly empty but there were a few posters and things left in there.

 

He immediately began kissing her neck as he walked backwards into the room.  She laughed and asked him, "what are you doin?"

 

"Can I just makeout with you for a while, please?"  He asked boyishly.

 

"I guess.  But I have to give you your present soon.  I don't want to blurt it out by accident."

 

"Well, I'll keep you quiet."  With that he pressed his lips to hers and led her to the bed.  She lay down on her back and Justin crept up over her smiling evilly.  She shook her head and he kissed her lightly on the lips.  Meredith placed her hands on his shoulders as he rested against her body and she opened her mouth a little to let her tongue mingle with his.  Between kisses they would mumble "I love you."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant