Chapter 19

 

Meredith starred at JC.  He was still sitting there with his head in his hands.  She didn't know what was wrong.

 

"JC?"  She quietly called out to him.

 

No answer.

 

Meredith slowly walked over to couch and knelt down in front of him; much like you would a child.

 

"Josh, what's wrong?"  She whispered placing her hands on his wrist.  He slowly turned his head upward to face hers. 

 

JC had tears running down his face.

 

"Honey, what-"

 

JC interrupted her in a voice barely audible. "I was so scared Meredith.  I was so scared when Leslie told us."

 

"I'm OK, JC."

 

"Mere, you are like my little sister.  You have become one of my closest friends.  I was so worried about you.  I should have been there.  I should have helped you."  She took his hands and squeezed them tightly.

 

"Josh, besides Justin, you ARE my best friend.  I've wanted to tell you everything since the beginning.  But I had a hard time trusting myself.  You don't know how much you have helped me, JC.  So many times in the last year, you were there, without even knowing what my problem was. You comforted me when you had no idea what was going on.  You held me when Justin was acting like a prick."  They both laughed at that.

 

"Josh, I love you. You will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart.  A place even Justin doesn't hold."

 

"Oh really?" He gave a sly grin.

 

"Yeah, I mean who else can I turn to when Justin is bothering me."

 

"But, Justin never bothers you."

 

"He did.  Remember over the summer?  Remember after we went to the beach."

 

"Yeah, I remember."

 

"You were there for me.  You...JC, YOU are an amazing friend.  So stop sitting here sulking and let's go get some food, OK?"

 

"OK."  She stood up and gave him her hands.  She pulled him up and engulfed him in a hug.

 

"Meredith?"  He mumbled into her hair.

 

"Yeah, C?"

 

"I love you too." He kissed her cheek and pulled away.

 

"I know you do, babes."  She placed an arm around his back and he wrapped one arm around her shoulders.  Together they walked into the kitchen. 

 

Dani and Leslie were talking quietly on the barstools.  Joey was on the phone pacing the kitchen. Chris, Justin, and Lance were watching, actually yelling, at the TV. 

 

Basketball game.

 

JC walked to the fringe and got a drink while Meredith walked in the den and watched as her love yelled at the screen.

 

"NO.  That was a foul!"  Justin yelled jumping out of his seat to scream at the TV.

 

"That WAS a foul."  Lance said calmly.

 

Chris laughed. "So, he didn't get called on it."

 

"Who's playing?"  Meredith asked walking in the room.

 

"Carolina and Clemson."  Lance said after Chris and Justin ignored her.

 

"Oh gosh I hope Clemson wins."  She groaned.

 

"What was that?"  Justin sharply turned around and stared at her angrily.

 

"You KNOW how I feel about UNC."  She put her hands on her hips.

 

"Yeah, I know that you are on crack, because you hate Carolina."

 

"No, I don't hate the team, or the school.  My sister does go there and all.  I just hate the fans."

 

"What did you just say?"  HE was pissed now.

 

"I said I hate the fans.  They are arrogant and cocky.  They can't stand to lose, and they are so hung up on Michael Jordan and Dean Smith they cant even see straight."

 

"You...."  Justin rolled his eyes but never finished.

 

Meredith smiled smugly. "I what?" 

 

"You annoy me."  He mocked her.

 

"Gosh, what a comeback Justin.  Man, I know only Carolina fans can think up intelligent things like that."  She said sarcastically as he approached her.  He made his way so he was inches from her, towering over her.

 

"You are going to be punished, young lady."

 

"Please?"  She gave him a sexy pout and his eyes went wide.

 

"Come 'ere."  He swiftly engulfed her mouth with his and devoured her right there in front of everyone.  The doorbell rang and he reluctantly pulled away.

 

Meredith smiled brightly. "Pizza's here."  She quickly pulled away and ran to the door.

 

"Hi."  She said to the pizza guy.

 

"Hey, I see you guys remembered the gate."

 

"OH MY GOSH!!  You are the guy over the summer that we locked out.  Justin come here."  She practically yelled. 

 

"Huh?"  He said emerging from the kitchen.

 

"Remember you buddy here.  You locked him out."  Meredith giggled and walked away.

 

"Hey, man.  How much is it?"  Justin asked a little red faced.

 

"$20.45" Justin handed him the money with a gracious tip.  Justin took the pizzas in exchange.

 

"Thanks."  Justin almost closed the door but the pizza guys voice stopped him.

 

"By the way, my sister was really ecstatic about the autograph.  She got it framed."  The guy rolled his eyes and Justin quietly laughed.

 

"Hey, how's that girl of yours.  I mean, you 'friend'."  The pizza guy put his hand in quotation marks.

 

"Let's just say I took you advice."  Justin smiled and said goodbye leaving the guy standing there with a confused expression.  Soon he figured out what Justin meant and shook his head, smiling, before leaving the front porch and heading to his car.

 

-------------

3 hours later

 

"Bye Joey.  Remember we are recording tomorrow."  Justin said as he opened the door to let Joey leave.

 

"Oh I know I know.  Come here G."  Joey wrapped Meredith in a hug and as he pulled away he kissed her cheek. 

 

"Thanks Joey." She smiled at him.

 

"Sure baby.  Don't keep J "up" too late tonight."  Joey wiggled his eyebrows.

 

"BYE JOEY!"  Meredith and Justin said at the same time, practically pushing him out the door.

 

Justin closed the door and pushed his back against it.  He closed his eyes.  It had been a long day for him.  It had been a long past 2 days with everything going on with his girlfriend. 

 

"Let's go make out."  Meredith's breath tickled his lips and when he opened his eyes he saw her merely inches away.

 

"If you insist."  He gave a half-smile and pressed his mouth to hers.  She moaned in exceptance and grabbed his shirt pulling him away from the door.  The two blindly made their way to the white living room, bumping into the coffee table and wall on their way.  Meredith's back hit the leather couch and Justin's body gently laid on top of hers.  His hands were under her shirt rubbing up and down the skin of her back and sides.  Her hands explored his curls and his neck as he kissed her slowly, passionately, sensually, and sexually. 

 

To be able to get a close as him as possible, Meredith wrapped her legs around his waist.  As soon as she did her eyes opened in shock and she pulled his face away from hers. 

 

"What?"  He breathed heavily, moving his mouth to her jaw and neck.

 

"Umm, Justin."  She stuttered

 

"Yeahhhhh" He groaned sucking hard on her neck.

 

She quietly said. "Justin, calm down."

 

"Huh?"  He finally looked up at her face that was red in embarrassment.  "Why are you blushing?" 

 

"Umm, I can, umm, feel you."  She said emphasizing the word feel.

 

"Oh."  Justin said pushing himself off of her and standing up.  He immediately turned around so she wouldn't see his bright red face or the strain in his pants. He mumbled, "Sorry." 

 

"It's OK."  She whispered finally sat up on the couch and looked around the room searching for something, anything to take her thoughts off him.  The silence was deafening. The moment became extremely awkward.

 

And they never had awkward moments together.

 

Justin finally turned back around when he had "calmed down."

 

"You know, we shouldn't be embarrassed about this.  Especially you."  He said putting his hands on his hips.

 

"I'm sorry. I've just...nevermind."  She mumbled.

 

Justin sat down beside her and she scooted away from him.  "Meredith.  It's not anything bad.  I'm a guy.  It's something that happens.  Fact of nature." 

 

"It kinda surprised me."  She said in a kid's voice.  Justin groaned and rested the back of his head in her lap and looked up at her.

 

"I cannot believe we are sitting here having a conversation about me getting aroused.  Now THATS embarrassing."  Justin exaggerated.  When she didn't say anything he reached up and gently touched her face.

 

"Do you not believe that I can be turned on by you?  Because look at you Mere.  You're damn fine."

 

"Shut up..." She smiled shyly.

 

"No, you are a goddess.  I mean dammnnnnn girl.  You are a sex machine."  This caused Meredith to laugh loudly in shock.  She looked down at him and caught him yawning.

 

"Tired?"  She asked still giggling.

 

"Yup. You?"

 

"Very much so."

 

"Let's go to bed."  Justin got off her and pulled her up off the couch.  She walked with him up the steps with their arms swinging wildly and their fingers locked together.  They past the guest bedroom.  The room Meredith had claimed as her own over the past few months and Meredith pulled away.

 

"You don't want to sleep in my bed, with me?"  He whined.

 

"I want to sleep alone tonight."  He gave her a pathetic look.

 

"Justin we aren't married.  And I need sometime to be by myself.  I need to think some things through."

 

"OK.  I'll miss you."  He grabbed her waist and brought her close to him.

 

"No you want.  I bet you are happy to have that whole bed for yourself."  She wrapped her arms around his neck and brought their faces closer.

 

"I think you want to sleep here because you are afraid the beast might attack you." 

 

"The beast?" Meredith cocked an eyebrow then saw his sly smile. "THAT'S what you call it!!!??? You named it??  OK, that's it.  Goodnight!"  She pulled away and he grabbed her hand and pulled her back to him, pressing his lips softly to hers.  He slowly pulled away and kissed her once more sweetly.

 

"Night, angel."

 

"Goodnight, Justin.  Sweet dreams."  She pulled away and walked further into the room.

 

"Yeah, I'm going to be dreaming of you and the beast."

 

"Take a shower.  A COLD ONE!"  She yelled at him as he closed the door.

 

-------------------------

Meredith stretched happily.  She had had a wonderful, restful, night's sleep.  The first thing she thought of was Justin.  Was he awake? 

 

She pushed back the covers and stood up, yawning in the process.  The cool air hit her and she shivered.  She stepped out of her room and looked up and down the long hallway of the upstairs.  The morning sun lit up the house with a springy glow, even though it was January.  Meredith picked the sleep out of her eyes and walked to Justin's bedroom.  The door was slightly cracked and she could hear a light breathy snore.

 

She pushed the door further and saw a big lump of pillows and covers on the bed.  She slowly crept towards the bed and rubbed her arms vigorously to rid the chill bumps.  Meredith knelt down on her knees and rested her arms on the bed.  Her fingers clasped together and she rested her chin on her knuckles.

 

Justin breathing was smooth, deep, and even.  He was clutching a pillow as if it was a person.  Meredith smiled at his sweet face, so content.  She wondered what he was dreaming about.

 

A curl fell over his forehead and Meredith couldn't resist the temptation to put it back in place.

 

She lightly touched his forehead and gently moved her finger down the length of his nose.  She stared at his perfect lips and subconsciously licked her own.  The tips of her fingers briefly touched his lips. 

 

Meredith was going to bring her hand back, but Justin's lips moved against them, and kissed her fingers lightly.  She smiled at him, with his eyes closed.  His lips curled into a smile against her hand.

 

In a sleepy, groggy voice Justin spoke, "Mornin'."

 

"Mornin'" Meredith repeated bringing her hand back.

 

"Sleep well?"  He asked pulling the cover off of himself, inviting her in, but not opening his eyes.

 

"Yes.  I slept very peacefully."  She answered slipping into the bed and pulling the covers back around them.

 

"Me too.  But I'm glad you are here, now."  He smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his cheek on her shoulder.  It was the same position he was holding on to the pillow.

 

"Guess what I thought about first thing when I got up?"  Meredith asked examining his curls.

 

Justin opened his eyes for the first time and looked up at her from her shoulder.  "No idea. What?"

 

Meredith smiled and scooted herself down further into the bed, where her and Justin were facing each other.  She pressed her forehead to his and smiled lazily at him.

 

"You."  She whispered and kissed him sweetly on his lips.  He pulled away, but kept their foreheads together.

 

"I love you.  I want to marry you someday."  He said yawning.

 

"Meredith Timberlake. MMM, I like that."  She said running a hand along the stubble on his jaw.

 

"Me too.  Man, I want to be able to wake up with you next to me EVERY morning."  Justin sighed and pulled her body towards his and leaned back on his bed.  She cuddled up to his side, while he rubbed her back affectionately.

 

"Justin, you practically DO wake up with me every morning.  But I know what you mean."  She smiled and ran her hand over his chest and stomach in a loving manner.

 

"I bet our kids will be gorgeous."  Meredith rested her chin on Justin's bare chest and looked up at his thoughtful expression.

 

"And why do you think that.  And who says I WANT to have kids."  Justin looked at her with a raised eyebrow and rolled his eyes.

 

"Our kids WILL be beautiful because you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen and well, we all know I'm not TOO ugly."

 

"Down, ego! DOWN!"  Meredith swatted at him.

 

"I'm just pickin'.  That's kinda scary aint it?"  He took his free hand and played with her fingers, kissing them and studying them, against his much larger hand.

 

"What?"

 

"Us, laying here.  Talking about marriage, kids, together.  God, I'm barely 20, you're 18.  Most kids our age are out wondering if tonight they are going to get laid or not."

 

"Well, we aren't most kids."  Meredith propped herself on one elbow and studied his smiling face.

 

"True."  Justin nodded.  He stared back at her, and the two just looked at each other, telling the other things they couldn't with words.

 

After a few moments of silence, Meredith spoke up. "Don't you have to record today?"

 

"Yeah, I was wondering if you would want to come with me?"  Justin scratched his head.

 

Meredith took two of her fingers and walked them up his body from his bellybutton to his chin. "I don't know.  What would I do?"

 

Justin watched her fingers and smiled. "I don't know.  Whatever.  Watch us sing.  You are MY assistant, ya know?  You work for ME."  He poked at her sides causing her to squirm.

 

"Actually, I am NSYNC's assistant, not your personal secretary."

 

Justin stuck out his tongue. "Hehe, but would you like to come.  You've never seen us record have you?"

 

"Nope."  She yawned.

 

"Well, today you will get to see all the pain I go through." Justin stretched his body and sighed.

 

"Pain?"

 

"Yeah, well I love making music, duh!  But it can be REALLY annoying when you are singing the same verse over and over again and the producer keeps telling you to do it again and again."

 

"Hmmm. And all the while, I thought you were some prodigy or something." Meredith touched his nose playfully.

 

"Shut up.  Actually today won't be bad at all because JC is producing the song we are recording."

 

"Oh really?"  She mocked a British accent.

 

"Yeah, so are you up for it?"

 

"Sure.  Why not?"  She shrugged

 

Justin genuinely smiled at her. "Great."

 

"What time are you supposed to be there?"

 

Justin turned his head to look at the clock beside his bed and chuckled. "An hour ago."

 

Meredith gave him a shocked expression and he just reached for the cordless phone and dialed a number.

 

"OK, if this is Justin, Joey, or Lance.  Don't worry, we are pushing back recording to 11:30."

 

"Hey JC."  Justin giggled as Meredith snuggled as close as she could to him.

 

"Well, at least you have the decency to call and tell me you are late."  JC was a bit angry.

 

"I'm late, what? Hehe."

 

"Not funny." He deadpanned.

 

"Sorry man, I overslept."

 

"Where are you now?"  JC asked.

 

Justin watched as Meredith leaned over him and picked up a picture frame on the nightstand.

 

"In my bed."  HE smiled when he saw her studying the picture she had given him for Christmas of them sleeping.

 

"Oh, well, be here in an hour, OK?"

 

Meredith mouthed something to Justin.

 

"Sure.  Meredith says 'Hi Skywalker' whatever that means?"

 

"Ohhh, so she is in the bed with you. I see, uh huh!"  JC said playfully stated.

 

"Actually, she didn't sleep with me last night. She just came in here and woke me up 15 minutes ago."

 

"Well, I am glad someone did.  I gotta go; Chris is here recording his parts.  He and Dani have some big adventure planned this afternoon.  I think they are going to Disney World.  Anyways, tell Meredith I said "Hello Chewie" and be here in an hour."

 

"OK, hey C?"  Justin called before JC hung up.

 

“Yeah?"

 

"Its OK if G tags along today right?"

 

JC chuckled. "Oh this shall be interesting."

 

"I know."  Justin smiled at Meredith.

 

"Later Justin."

 

"Bye J."

 

Justin turned off the phone and threw it somewhere on the floor. "He said, 'Hello Chewie'."

 

Meredith laughed. "I love him."

 

"You and him, and yall's Star Wars."  Justin's country drawl emerged.  He rolled his eyes.

 

"It's not just star wars, it's also Indiana Jones."

 

"Yeah, yeah whatever.  I need to go take a shower."  Justin threw back the covers and got out of bed.  Meredith followed him and checked him out.  He was only in navy boxers.  Justin caught her doing this and smiled.  He did the same with her.  She was clad in a red tank top and blue/green flannel pants.  She smiled brightly at him.

 

"I'm going to fix breakfast. Do you want Apple Jacks or Lucky Charms?"

 

"Apple Jacks, of course."  He stepped into the bathroom.

 

"OK."  She walked to the door.

 

"Hey Meredith?"

 

"Yeah?"  She turned around.

 

Justin leaned out of the bathroom and smiled. "I love you."  She smiled back and he disappeared back into his bathroom.

 

--------------------------

"Baby, don't you know...."

 

Meredith groaned.  She had heard that same line about a million times in the past 10 minutes.  She laid her head down on the couch and stretched out.  Joey was in booth trying to perfect his verse.  Chris had just left with Danielle.  Lance was sitting in a chair reading a magazine and Justin and JC were at the control boards, doing whatever it was that producing requires.  Meredith's eyes immediately shut out the world.  Yeah, she liked Joey's voice.  But the same line over and over just got annoying.

 

"Joey try and put a little more 'ump' into it."  JC said through a microphone.

 

Joey repeated the line and looked at JC hopefully.

 

"Umm, maybe just a little more."

 

"OH MY GOSH!!  How much more 'ump' can you put into that damn song?  Lord, let the boy go! ARG!"  Meredith yelled to whoever wanted to listen.  Which ended up being everyone.

 

JC chuckled. "See Mere, this aint all glamour."

 

"I never said it was."  Meredith sighed.

 

"I'm hungry."  Lance mumbled to himself.

 

"That's the smartest thing I've heard all day.  Can't we take a lunch break?"  Meredith whined.

 

"As soon as Joey lands this part."  Justin said pushing a button on the soundboard.

 

Meredith jumped off the couch and stood in-between Justin and JC chairs.  She got Joey's attention and crossed her arms.

 

"You better NAIL this!"  Meredith yelled.

 

Joey saluted and laughed.  In a huff, she turned to go to the couch but Justin grabbed her hips and sat her down in his lap.  Meredith gave him a questioning look, but he ignored it and continued to mess with buttons and switches on the board.  She gave in and relaxed against his chest.  He kissed her temple and spoke.

 

"I'm sorry you aren't having fun."  He whispered.

 

"No, its OK.  It's been a learning experience."  Meredith joked.

 

Joey sang his part and JC was satisfied and pressed a few more buttons.

 

"OK, Joey.  That was great."

 

"Yeah, lunch!!"  Lance threw the magazine on the floor.

 

Joey opened the door to the recording booth and looked at everyone.  He took in a deep breath and when he exhaled, he collapsed to the floor.  The room erupted into giggles.

 

"Thank you GOD!!!  I am done."  Joey mumbled to the floor.

 

JC turned off some equipment and stood up.  "Let's go.  I'm famished."

 

Joey and Lance walked out the door with JC behind them.  He turned around to see Meredith and Justin giggling at something, touching noses.

 

"Oh pulease, come on.  I thought you guys were hungry."  JC rolled his eyes.

 

Meredith looked at Justin and kissed his nose.  "I'm only hungry for you."

 

Justin died out laughing remember their time at his house a few months ago.  "Come on, angel."  She slid off his lap and walked out the door JC was holding open.  She ran up to Lance and Joey who were halfway down the hallway.  Unexpectedly she jumped on Joey's back.

 

"Let's go Superman!"  Joey hoisted Meredith further on his back and ran down the hallway, through the front lobby and out into the parking lot.  Lance shook his head and continued on following them, but walking.  JC closed the studio door once Justin came out.  Justin stared after Joey and Meredith with a dazed expression.  JC looked at him and couldn't read his expression.

 

"You OK, curly?"  JC nudged him.

 

Justin jerked his head towards JC startled.  "Huh?  Oh yeah.  I'm fine."

 

"OK, you look a little dazed."  JC studied his friend's face.

 

"Yeah, well I am."  He quietly said.  JC chuckled and continued on down the hallway.  He then noticed Justin wasn't beside him.  He stopped and looked behind him.

 

"Josh..."

 

"Yeah Justin?" 

 

Justin smiled. "I'm so in love with that girl."

 

"Really?  I thought you hated her."  JC said sarcastically.

 

They started walking again. "What should I do about the press and stuff?"  Justin asked timidly.  JC gave him a bewildered look.

 

"Umm, Justin? I didn't know they had found out."  JC looked questionably.

 

"They haven't.  I'm just asking if they did I guess."  Justin ran a hand through his curls.

 

"I think that's between you and Meredith."

 

"No it's not.  It's between all of us.  If I go public with her then it effects the group.  I know some fans will be disappointed.  In fact, I fear for her safety if I do say anything."

 

"Justin, maybe you should talk to her about it, see what she wants.  She has always been fine with being unspoken of before.  Why do you think that's changed?"

 

"It hasn't, I don't think.  Sometimes, I just get tired of hiding everything.  You know I'm a private person, but I have this urge just to tell everyone that she is mine and that I love her." They were now outside walking to their cars.

 

JC patted his friends shoulder.  "Do what you feel is right, J." 

 

He turned his attention to the three people running around the parking lot.  Joey was bouncing on Meredith's bumper.  Lance was chasing Meredith and they were all laughing.  Finally Meredith sprinted to her car and started the engine.  Immediately Joey jumped off and yelled at her.  She backed out and drove towards Lance.  He screamed and she parked her car in the middle of the lot because she was afraid she might actually hit him, because she was laughing so hard.

 

She rolled down her windows and opened her sunroof.  Her radio was blasting Backstreet Boys "The Call."  After laughing at the guy's expressions she turned down the radio and called to them.

 

"Are we going to eat or what?"  4 delighted faces jumped to her car.  Joey, being closest, got shotgun; forcing JC, Justin and Lance in her backseat.  Her Acura Legend was a reasonably sized car, but with 3 grown men in the back it was a little squished.  She turned and looked at the guys in the backseat desperately trying to get comfortable.

 

"Umm, we don't all have to take my car."  She giggled.

 

"Yeah, we do!  Come on, let's get this party on wheels started!" JC bounced up and down, Lance punched him because he was bouncing up against him.

 

"OK, where to?" She said taking her car out of park and moving out of the parking lot.

 

"Surprise us!"  Joey yelled like a little kid.

 

Meredith smiled evilly and looked both ways before pulling out unto the road.  Justin, who was sitting behind her put his hands on her seat and pulled himself forward.  He spoke in her ear.

 

"You can change the radio."  He giggled in her ear.  Backstreet was still playing. 

 

Meredith reached over and turned the radio to a classical station.  Attempts were made the whole way there to change it.  But they failed each time.

 

----------------------

Meredith parked her car and the squished guys jumped out.

 

"I still can believe you took us to Chuckie cheese."  JC laughed.

 

"That was NOT smart, g."  Lance chided.

 

"Oh puleaseeee.  All the kiddies are in school, only one girl recognized you.  Besides you KNOW you had fun!"  Meredith smiled triumphantly when the guys didn't speak again. 

 

The 5 walked back into the studio and were soon back to recording.  Joey left because he was done with his parts and Lance was just about finishing up. 

 

This time Meredith was more enthusiastic about being there, because Justin and JC were showing her certain tricks and ways to record a song and change the voice, ect.

 

Lance exited the booth and looked expectantly at the two guys, "Done?"

 

"Yeah, you are done Lance."  JC said not moving his head from the soundboard.  Lance did a little dance and said goodbye to everyone.

 

"OK, do you want to finish that one verse?"  JC looked at Justin.

 

"Yeah, sure."  Justin got up and walked into the sound booth.  Meredith immediately took his chair and smiled at him as he put the headphones on his head.  He blew her a kiss and Meredith caught it.

 

"OK, enough of that.  Let's get this over with man."  JC said starting the music.  Justin immediately went serious.  He listened for a few moments to the music filling the headphones and his ears and swayed his head with the beat.

 

"Don't you know?  

Don't you see,

Where I want to be.

Can't you tell?  

Can't you feel it,

In your soul.." 

 

Justin swayed his head till the music finally stopped and JC pushed a few buttons.

 

"Not so nasally this time, J."  JC said pressing another button.  Meredith giggled and Justin glared at her.

 

"You think you can do better?"  He said in the microphone.  Meredith laughed harder and Justin jumped out of the seat and placed his headphones down.  He opened up the door and pulled her into the studio.  Before she had time to protest, he had placed the headphones on her head and sat her down on the stool.

 

"What are you doing?"  She gave him a confused look.

 

HE smiled smugly. "You are going to sing." 

 

"Oh, yeah, right.  Good one. HAHA. Funny."  Meredith deadpanned.

 

"Seriously.  I heard you singing a song this morning when I came out of the shower.  Sing that, it was beautiful."

 

"Justin, I don't.."

 

"Do it for me?  I just want you to experience what I do."  He gave her a shy smile and she rolled her eyes.

 

"OK, but you guys CANNOT laugh.  And DONT record this."

 

Justin kissed her forehead and left the room.  He sat down in his seat and pressed a button to turn off the microphone that made it possible for Meredith to hear them.

 

"Record this."

 

"But.."  JC started but stopped.

 

Justin gave him a stern look and he smiled.

 

"OK."  JC pressed a button and looked at Justin.  "Do you have a tape or something or do you just want her to sing by herself?"

 

Justin smiled and pressed a button to turn the mic back on.  "Just start when you are ready, Meredith."

 

She rolled her eyes as he relaxed in his chair.  She cleared her throat a few times and took a deep breath before starting.

 

"My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all

The morning rain clouds up my window and I cant see at all.

And even if I could it'd all be gray but your picture on my wall

It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad

 

She took a deep breath when she finished the song and looked up at them.  Justin was smiling brightly and JC was staring at her in shock.  She smiled shyly and placed down her headphones and walked to the door.  Justin quickly looked at JC.

 

"Make me a copy of that."

 

"Yeah, sure."  JC said shaking his head.

 

Meredith entered the room and took a seat on the couch.  Justin got up to go back into the recording booth but quickly turned and bent down towards Meredith.  Their lips met in a sweet kiss and he pulled away and straightened himself.

 

"That was perfect."  He smiled brightly and returned into the booth leaving Meredith wondering if he was talking about the kiss or her song, or both. 

 

JC turned his head to look at Meredith contently sitting on the couch.

 

"You should sing more often."  That was all he said.  It was all he needed to.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant