Chapter 22

 

2 days later

------------

 

"Ah, Paris" Justin smiled with a French accent, looking up at their hotel.

 

"OK, now rule #1."  Lonnie started as they walk through the front doors.  "No making out when I'm around.  Or in public places. I know it's the "City of Love" or something, but Paris is swamped with reporters and fans and what not.  You know the drill."

 

"Yeah yeah, whatever."  Justin punched Lonnie's shoulder lightly as Meredith got their keys and reservations set.

 

Lonnie looked at Justin.  "This is pretty swanky.  Haven't we stayed here, before?"

 

"Yeah, we come to the Royal Monceau every time we are in Paris.  I think she got this hotel by slipping Johnny's name." 

 

After a few minutes of waiting in the chairs in the lobby, Meredith walked up to them and smiled.  "Let's go get our room."

 

"Room? As in singular?"  Justin asked.

 

Meredith sat down in his lap.  "Yeah, actually it's a suite.  With two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a big den area."

 

"Wow."  Justin touched his nose with hers.

 

She pressed her forehead against his. "Yeah, Johnny's idea."

 

"Figured."  Justin giggled and kissed her sweetly.

 

"Hey, HEY!!  Nuh UH!! Remember Rule #1??"  Lonnie said standing up.

 

"Damn."  Justin snapped his finger and bounced his knees to motion for her to stand up.

 

"Let's go check out our crib."  Justin stood up and stretched.

 

"Gosh, could you TRY to be more thuggish?"  Meredith asked sarcastically.  Lonnie laughed at her and Justin rolled his eyes. 

 

They took the small elevator up to the 4th floor and walked to their suite.  It was well, VERY nice.  After settling in, they all decided to go get something to eat.  They spent the night at an expensive French restaurant talking and laughing over everything imaginable.

 

The next day was spent visiting the Lourve, walking up the Chante Lessee to the Arc de Triumph.  It was a wonderful day without any worries or cares in the world.  A day just for Meredith and Justin to spend together.  Lonnie had stayed a careful distance behind them and let them do their own thing.  He had noticed a few people stare at them, amongst whispers.  But only 2 young girls had asked for an autograph.

 

That evening Justin and Meredith, of course with Lonnie, took the Metro to the Eiffel Tower and took the elevator all the way to the very top of the Tower.  It was very windy and they didn't stay there long because of the annoyed expression on Lonnie's face.  They made their way back down the elevator, stopping at the other two levels of the Tower to look over the spectacular view of Paris.  By the time they had reached the bottom, the Eiffel Tower had been lit up and it looked like a sense out of the movies. 

 

Justin and Meredith stood close, away from the tower, so they could look up at it.  They whispered meaningful nothings to each other, as Lonnie sat on a bench a few feet away.

 

"Hey, Lonnie will you come here and take a picture of us?"  Meredith asked.   He stood up and walked towards them.

 

"Sure."  He took her camera and took several pictures of them holding each other close and smiling goofy smiles at him. 

 

"Let's get a really good one!"  Justin piped in.

 

"What do you mean?" Meredith asked.

 

"I mean this!"  Justin picked Meredith up off her feet and swung her around as they both laughed.  Lonnie snapped the camera as Justin placed her back on the ground and kissed her passionately.  Lonnie smiled and took a great picture of them kissing with the Eiffel Tower lit up in the background. 

 

Lonnie brought the camera down and smiled at the two still kissing.  But he heard a clicking noise and saw a quick change in light like a flash.  He turned around and saw a man with a journalist's camera taking a picture of the two.

 

"HEY!"  Lonnie yelled.  The guy clutched his camera and ran away disappearing before Lonnie had the chance to do anything else.  He slowly turned around to Meredith and Justin.  They were still kissing, completely oblivious to what had just happened.  He looked around cautiously and sighed a breath of relief when he didn't see anyone else that was suspicious.

 

"Umm, guys, we need to go."  Lonnie said with an amount of fear.  Justin broke away and looked at Meredith and smiled lovingly.  He turned his gazed to Lonnie.

 

"What?"  Justin finally looked at him and saw the amount of fear on his face.  "What is it L?"

 

"Nothing.  Just...sorry.  Day dreaming."  Lonnie faked a smile and they all walked back to the hotel.  Justin still confused at Lonnie's behavior,

 

--------------------------------

Justin woke up and saw the sun casting rays of light through the sheer curtains across the room and on the bed.  He looked at the girl sleeping peacefully beside him.  He smiled at her content face and glanced at the clock.  It read 10:00.  He couldn't believe it was that late, but didn't have the heart to wake her. So, he decided to go get a paper and see what was happening outside of the dreamworld he had been in for the past week.  He brushed a fallen lock of hair out of her face and kissed her forehead.  She shifted slightly but didn't wake. 

 

Justin stood up and pulled a long-sleeved shirt over his head and pulled on some Adidas running pants and slipped on some flip-flops.  He walked out their bedroom and saw no sign of Lonnie but he didn't think anything of it.  He rode the elevator down to the lobby and sauntered over to a complementary magazine rack that was beside the front desk.  He found the London Times and picked it up.  Before he had the chance to look at it, he heard a familiar voice coming from the front doors.

 

"I DONT CARE!  GET THEM AWAY FROM HERE NOW!"  Justin looked over to see Lonnie telling off the French security guard that stood in front of the hotel at all times.

 

Lonnie turned back and spotted Justin who had a confused look on his face.  Lonnie bowed his head.  That's when he noticed what was outside the hotel.

 

Reporters. Cameras. Posters. Fans. Girls. Hell.

 

Lonnie returned his gaze to Justin and Justin looked at him bewildered.  He slowly looked down at the paper in his hands that were shaking.  The picture of him and Meredith kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower burned his eyes.  The headline read over and over in his mind.

 

"TIMBERLAKE FINDS LOVE"

 

And the writers of the article caused him to grip the paper in fury.

 

"Written by: Wills McVenan and Gillian Coles"

 

-----------

Justin couldn't believe this.  This was not happening.  It was like a dream.  No, a nightmare.  All he wanted was some privacy for 2 weeks.  That's all.  And it was taken away from him.  He didn't even read the paper.  His eyes just jerked between the headline, the picture, and the author's names.  He knew there was something odd about them when he met them.  He knew. 

 

No that's a lie.  He had no clue.  He was taught not to trust anyone.  But he had let that go.  For one moment he had let down his guard.  And he was taken advantage of.

 

He was oblivious to the screaming that had increased.  Someone outside had seen him through the glass front doors and a riot was starting outside.  But he didn't realize it.  Lonnie quickly walked over to him and put his hands in his pockets and let out a deep breath.

 

"I tried the best I could, but they said they can't get rid of them.  Let's go upstairs before we cause too big of a scene."  Lonnie placed a firm hand on Justin's slightly trembling shoulder.  At the touch, Justin's head jerked up surprisingly and Lonnie could see the fear and anger and horror in his eyes.  Justin's blurred sight finally focused on Lonnie.  He then looked over Lonnie's shoulder to the frenzy that was outside. 

 

Security guards and police tried their best to hold back the girls and reporters.  He noticed a few of them notice HIM staring at them and they started to wave frantically.  He stopped for a moment not knowing what to do.

 

So, he did what he was always told to do.  He plastered on a fake smile and waved to the people outside.  Lonnie's worried face turned into one of relief.

 

"Let's get out of here."  Lonnie pushed Justin to the elevators and they took it up to their floor.  They silently walked to the room and once inside Justin gently sat on the couch and read the article.

 

Lonnie cringed.  Justin would NOT like this.  He walked to the kitchen and got Justin a glass of water.  He sat it down on the coffee table in front of him and sat down on a chair in the corner.

 

All he could do know was wait. 

 

Wait for Justin to explode.

 

--------

Meredith sighed contently in their huge comfortable bed.  She stretched out and saw that Justin wasn't there.  The absence of his body heat caused the cold air hit her like an anvil and she desperately brought the covers around her to get warm.  Once the feeling returned she smiled.  She could smell his scent on his pillow.  They had been there 2 full nights and he was already leaving his mark. 

 

That's when she heard it.  Like a bomb exploding, she heard a sound of anger and rage, along with broken glass against a wall.  Her eyes popped open and the silence that followed was deafening.

 

But it didn't last for long. 

 

She heard his voice, but never like this.  THIS was scary.

 

"GET THIS FIXED NOW, LONNIE!  I DONT CARE WHAT IT TAKES!" 

 

It scared her.  She didn't know what was going on.  She slowly crept out of bed the cold air hitting her again.  She picked up one of Justin's sweatshirts that was laying on the floor and pulled it over her head to warm her body just covered by a tank top and flannel pants.  She walked to the door and slowly opened it.

 

Justin was pacing around the room mumbling obscenities.  Lonnie had his back to the wall, leaning against it, with a cell phone at his ear.  She saw Justin's look.  She was frightened by it. 

 

He paced around one last time before screaming, "DAMMIT!!"  He plopped down on the couch and picked up the paper furiously.

 

Meredith silently walked over to the couch where he was sitting.  Lonnie took notice of her and stopped mid-sentence on his phone.  Justin noticed this and looked up at him from the article.  He followed Lonnie's gaze and saw her. 

 

HE saw her.  Standing there. Wide-eyed.  Staring at the shattered vase and broken flowers, amongst a pool of water that was on the floor in front of the door. 

 

Confusion, anger, and hurt filled the room.  The room was silent.  The silence was torture.

 

Meredith stuttered at first, but finally found her voice, not looking up from the shattered glass.  "Wh-wh-what happened?"  She whispered.

 

She finally looked at Justin who was staring at shattered glass as well, not knowing what to do himself.  He was afraid he would blow up on her, and he DID NOT want that.  So, he just looked at Lonnie, then back at the glass, and finally rested his gaze on the paper in front of him. 

 

"I'll call you back in a few minutes, Johnny."  Lonnie said before hanging up his phone.  He closed his eyes and sighed from his position on the wall.

 

"OK, something is going on here.  What is it?  Please..." Meredith begged.  Lonnie opened his mouth to speak, but Justin beat him to it.

 

"Wills and Gillian decided they should write a story about us in the London Times."  He said without emotion.

 

Meredith's face turned to anger, understandment, and disappointment.  "Oh no."

 

"Yeah, my thoughts exactly."  Justin held up the paper and Meredith's mouth dropped as the headline and picture was forced into her sight. 

 

"I cant believe..." Meredith shook her head and slowly walked to the couch.  She cautiously sat down beside him and looked at the picture.

 

"I don't want you to read it."  Justin said, glancing at her from the corner of his eyes.

 

"Why?"  She asked terrified.

 

Justin bowed his head.  "They don't say very nice things, Meredith.  About either of us."  He paused and let out a breath. "Especially you."

 

Meredith could only say one thing, "Oh."

 

"Lonnie told me he saw someone with a camera last night when he was taking our picture."  Justin looked up at him.

 

"Since, you guys didn't notice, I didn't say anything, because I thought, if you two didn't know, you wouldn't have to worry about it.  I wasn't expecting this." Lonnie bowed his head.  "I'm so sorry." 

 

"Its OK, Lonnie."  Meredith whispered.  Justin opened the paper to the next page.

 

"They must have had a camera with them in Greece too."  Justin and Meredith looked at the pictures of them in Milos.  There were three.  One of kissing at the table, another of Meredith with her face in her hands and Justin pointing to himself, and the last one of them laughing over something.

 

-Why did they do this? - 

 

"Because they can."  Justin rested back on the couch and closed his eyes. 

 

"I didn't mean to say that outloud."  Meredith whispered.

 

"I'm going to fix this.  I'm going to go in the kitchen and make a few phone calls."  Lonnie said pushing himself from the wall.

 

"I'll call the guys and tell them, in case anyone asks them, or whatever."  Justin sighed.

 

Meredith stared at the floor then at him. "What are you going to tell them to say?" 

 

Justin looked at her for the first time since all this had happened.  He looked at her directly in the eye and they could see how angry and scared the other one was. "The truth." 

 

She gave him a light smile and stood up as he went to find his phone.  "I'll clean up the mess.  Do any of you want room service because I'm about to starve?"  She giggled, trying to lighten the mood.

 

"Get me...something."  Lonnie said returning back to his phone call.

 

Meredith went to find a broom in a closet. She found one and turned around. "Justin?  You want anything?"

 

"I'm not hungry."  He mumbled, as he dialed a few numbers.

 

"OK."  She said meekly and went to clean up the shattered vase, while everyone else trying to clean up their shattered vacation.

 

Lonnie spent the day on the phone with everyone imaginable.  Every now and then he would go downstairs to check out the crowd.  It kept getting larger.

 

Justin spent the day re-reading the article and talking to the guys, Johnny, his mom, and their public relations guy, Thomas.

 

Meredith sat in a chair out on the balcony, eating an apple, and watching the peacefulness of this part of Paris.  The view they had wasn't great or anything.  But it was of a small garden made on the roof of a shorter building.  She could see the top of the Arc a few miles away.  She increased the volume on her CD player and let her mind be carried away by Third Eye Blind.  She had talked to Johnny, Thomas, JC, Lynn, and Mike all earlier that day.  Each one of them had given her the same advice.  "Be careful."  It scared her.  Was she in danger?  She had never been in this situation before.  On tour, nobody questioned her.  She had only had her picture in any media related thing once, and that was in a teenybopper magazine when the guys had brought her and the other girls of the tour on stage.  The magazine listed her as *Nsync's Assistant and nothing more.

 

Justin had not let her read the article.  But she was dying to get her hands on it.  She needed to know what they had pictured her as.  She NEEDED to know.

 

She turned around from her chair and look back into the room.  Justin walked into their bedroom, finally not on the phone and Lonnie had his back to her at the kitchen table with a phone glued to his ear.  She spotted the prize.  Laying on the coffee table.  She stood up and placed her headphones around her neck.  She quickly but silently walked to the table and picked up the paper.  She walked back to her perch on the balcony and shut the glass doors behind her, but closing the drapes across them, first.  She sat in her seat and looked at the paper.  She smiled at the picture.  It was very good.  She loved pictures like that of her and Justin.  They were just, perfect.  The headline replayed in her mind.  And she didn't think it was that bad.  "Timberlake finds love."  It's actually kinda sweet, or so she thought.

 

-------

Justin walked out of the bedroom and sat across from Lonnie at the table.  Lonnie gave him a half smile and continued on talking.

 

"Really?...What did they have to say about it?....Wow, that's great.  GO Carson!" Lonnie chuckled.  Justin looked up at him. 

 

"Hold on for a minute."  Lonnie said in the phone before he turned his focus on Justin.  "MTV got the news and Johnny has called them and asked them not say anything.  They were going to make it part of the Newbrief on TRL.  But Carson shot them down and told them to wait until you at least have time to make a statement or something."

 

Justin nodded.  He had done a lot of that today.

 

-Thank you Carson.  Thank you SO MUCH! Note to self: Give Carson a BIG thank you card. - 

 

He thought for a while and looked out to the balcony.  His eyebrow connected in confusion, when he saw the drapes closed.  Justin stood up and patted Lonnie's shoulder as he made his way to the doors.  He pulled the drape back and looked at her.

 

She was reading the article.  He saw how her hands were firm, but not gripping or shaking as she held the paper.  He could see the side of her face and saw that her cheeks her dry.  So he figured, maybe she was OK with what was said in the article.  Maybe it didn't bother her.  Maybe she knew that all of it was just a bunch of BS.  Maybe she was taking this much better than he thought she would.  Maybe...

 

----------------------------

Lonnie, Meredith, Justin, and Johnny (via speakerphone) all sat at the kitchen table of the luxurious suite that for now, was their prison.

 

Lonnie had been able to go out and about.  He went down to the lobby several times talking with the consiare and guards and checking on the stability of the crowds.  Justin had been down their twice just because he couldn't stand being locked up in a hotel room all day.  He even went to the indoor heated pool for a while.  Meredith on the other hand had stayed inside the room all day.  She called everyone possibly imaginable just to keep her mind off things and to help tame the boredom.  She had watched CNN (the only English Channel) for a few hours and listened to every CD she had brought with her straight through. 

 

Now they were all waiting on their instructions.  What to do next.  What could they do next?

 

Over the phone Johnny spoke.  "Well, we find it pointless to send more security there.  By the time they get there, It will be time for you guys to be on a flight to Hawaii.  I don't see any reason why that should be canceled."  Meredith sighed and mouthed a quick prayer. She did NOT want the rest of this trip to be ruined.  "Tomorrow morning, early, like 5 or 6, you guys are going to be moved to a loft.  Some Jive executive owns it.  What time is your flight tomorrow evening?"

 

"6, meaning we need to be at the airport by 4:30, the latest."  Meredith answered.

 

"OK, then tomorrow, do whatever. OK?  Don't worry about press or fans or anything.  They shouldn't be a problem.  Of course the whole world knows now that you two are in Paris, and that you are going to Hawaii, but I hate for this to ruin you guys' time together."

 

"It's already ruined one day."  Justin mumbled from his head that lay on the table.

 

"I'll keep them safe, Johnny.  Don't worry."  Lonnie spoke up.  Meredith smiled at him and reached across the table and squeezed his hand. 

 

"I know you will Lonnie, I know.  So, everyone understands everything.  Early wake up, go to loft, do whatever, then airport. K?"

 

"Thanks Johnny."  Meredith said.

 

"Yeah, you guys be careful out there."

 

"Bye." Justin mumbled.

 

"Wait. Justin, could you pick up the phone? I want to speak to you privately."

 

"Yeah."  He straightened himself only to slouch down in the chair as he picked up the phone.

 

"I'm going to bed.  Nothing better to do." Meredith stood up and smiled at Lonnie and walked back to the bedroom and shutting the door behind her.  She slipped off her clothes and into some pajamas.  The bed was like a sigh of relief.  Today had been such a strange day.  She was with Justin physically, but it was like he was miles away.  They had spoken all of about 7 words to each other.  They hadn't touched each other, kissed, anything all day.  It was almost as if they were afraid someone might capture it on film and expose it.

 

Meredith pulled the covers around her small body and clung to the pillow that Justin had been using.  It was the closest thing to comfort she had had all day.

 

She was scared.  She wouldn't admit it, but she was.  She was terrified of what people thought of her.  What the fans thought of her.  She used to pick on them and laugh at how crazy they were.  But she had to respect them because of their loyalty and support to the 5 guys she cared so much about.  That article had posted her as someone that had stolen Justin.  A nobody, that had brainwashed Justin to love her.  They showed her as an enemy to the fans and THAT scared her.  Because if the fans thought that she was doing something wrong to Justin, they would let her know.  They would make SURE to let her know.  She knew Justin owed everything he had to his fans, and she hoped they would be compassionate because she wouldn't lose him over this.  She couldn't.

 

The tears fell freely now.  And the one person that she needed to be there wasn't.

 

Meanwhile....

 

"This sucks, Johnny. I hate this.  I just want to be alone with her and not have to worry about all this."  Justin sighed and looked at Lonnie.  He made some motion that said he was going to bed and patted Justin's shoulder as he left.

 

"I know, I know I'm going to have to make a statement...Did you read the article?...They made her sound like a shedevil...God I hate this!...Yeah, seriously. I don't know what we would have done if Lonnie wasn't here...Yeah, I know...OK, tell everyone I said not to worry about us...We are fine...OK, bye Johnny."  Justin hung up the phone and let out a frustrated sigh.  It had been probably one of the most stressful days of his life. 

 

He pushed his chair back from the table and stood up to stretch.  He made his way to their room and slowly pushed open the door.  He saw the mound of covers and decided not to wake her.  He felt dirty and tired.  A shower would be very refreshing, he thought.  Justin walked to the bathroom, grabbing some clean boxers on the way and closed the door behind him. 

 

Minutes later Justin pushed the shower door back open.  Clad now in only boxers, he rubbed his hair fiercely with the small white towel.  He placed it around his neck as he bent down to look through his bag for a shirt.  Before he could find one, she spoke.

 

"Justin?"  Her voice was meek and scared.

 

"Yeah..." He responded without emotion.

 

She hesitated for a moment before flipping over in the bed, so that she was finally facing him.  He looked up from his bag and saw her.  Her eyes were red and puffy.  Her cheeks were stained with dry tears and her lips were cracked and dry.  "I'm so sorry." 

 

Justin stood up and threw the shirt he had in his hand back in the bag and tossed the towel around his neck over the back of a chair.  He took a deep breath and pulled the covers back.  He slowly lay down and propped himself on one side so he could look at her.  The covers were placed back around his body and he studied her sorrow-filled expression.

 

He voice dropped to a smooth whisper. "Baby, it's not your fault."  He lightly touched her cheek.

 

"But I let them sit with us, I invited them into our lives without a second thought.  I'm such an idiot."

 

"No you are NOT!  I saw that you read that article, and I do not want you to believe those things they wrote about you.  I don't know what joy they get out of lying about other people, but it's not worth letting them get to you."

 

"I thought you'd be mad at me."  She looked down at her hand that was playing with a lose string of the pillow.  Justin placed a hand over hers to stop it.

 

"Look at me, and tell me that I'm mad at you." She looked at him and only saw love in his eyes and a smile on his face.  But she still felt guilty.

 

"I'm so-"

 

Justin interrupted her. "Stop apologizing.  The only people that should be apologizing right now are those reporters."

 

"I don't know why, but I feel so cheap."  He put a hand on her waist and pulled her body to his.  He wrapped his arms around her as her head and hand rested on his chest.

 

"What can I do to make you not feel that way?  I'll do anything."  Justin whispered.

 

"Will you sing to me?"  She moved her head and looked up at him.  He leaned forward and pressed his lips to her forehead.

 

"Of course."  They both relaxed back into their regular positions and Meredith sighed as she heard Justin take a deep breath.

 

"Mmmbop ba de ba dop ba do bop a de ba dop ba-"

 

She giggled. "Nooooo, something soft.  One of *Nsync's slow songs."

 

He smiled.  "What about God must have spent?"

 

"Yeahhh."  She whispered like a little child.

 

"Can this be true?

Tell me can this be real?

How can I put into words what I feel?

My life was complete.

I thought I was whole.

Why do I feel like I'm losing control?

 

He kept looking in her eyes and singing the song to her.  Meredith brought her hand from his chest and moved her body, so that she was lying flat on top of him.  She let one hand play with his damp curls, as he continued singing to her, smiling.

 

It got near the end of the song and  Justin pulled her face close to his and kissed her softly on her cheek, eyes, nose, chin, forehead, everywhere as he breathed the next line.

 

"On you on you on you on you"

 

Meredith propped her self above him on her elbows, as she still lay straight on top of his body.  He cupped her cheeks and brought her face down to his, capturing her lips in a heavenly kiss. He pulled away and looked into her deep eyes, smiling, as he saw everything she was feeling at that moment.

 

"God must have spent a little more time on you."  As he dragged out the last word he brought she brought her face closer to his.

 

"A little more time on you."  As soon as he finished, Meredith touched her lips with his.  They both needed this comfort.  They had missed it all day, and were in dire need after all the stress that had taken over them.

 

After a few minutes of kissing and holding each other, Justin pulled away.

 

"No matter what happens, ever, to either one of us, I want you to remember I will ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS love you."  He claimed her lips once more and this time she broke away.

 

"I know, Justin.  I'll love you for forever, too."  She brought up her hand, so that he could see the promise ring.  The constant reminder to both of them, of each other's love.

 

"We need to go to bed, 5 o'clock is REAL early."  Justin laughed for probably the first time all day.

 

"OK. Goodnight, J."  Meredith kissed him one last, brief time before snuggling close to his shirtless body.

 

Justin wrapped a protective arm around, and they got into their normal position, of him on his back, her on her side snuggled to him. "Goodnight, angel."

----------------------------------------

 

Lonnie quietly walked across the suite to the other bedroom door.  He had been up for an hour, finalizing everything, calling a limo, ect.  He went down stairs, earlier, and to his amazement only saw 3 reporters and maybe 4 fans waiting.  A big improvement from yesterday.  He quietly knocked on the door and when no answer came he cracked the door and peeked his head in.

 

"Hey, you two, get up.  It's quarter till 5 and you guys need to pack, still."  He called to them.

 

"Go away Lonnie."  Justin mumbled and rolled over; laying half his body on Meredith's still sleeping one.

 

"No, get up.  Don't make me drag you out of that bed."  Lonnie laughed when Justin sat up.  His curls were untamed and his eyes were only tiny slits.

 

"I'm up, now leave."  Justin plopped back on the bed, causing Meredith to stir awake.  He noticed and smiled at her tenderly as her eyes open.  "Sorry, babe."

 

She yawned and stretched. "It's OK.  What time is it?"

 

"Time to get up!"  Lonnie yelled.  Meredith didn't realize he was in there and this caused her to jump.

 

"Lonnie, we will be ready, just 5 more minutes."  Justin put a pillow over his head.

 

"OK, fine.  You get 5 more minutes."  Lonnie walked over to them and pulled all the covers off and threw them on the floor.  "I'll be back in 5 minutes."  He smiled at the two, now shivering, and left them.

 

Meredith shivered and looked at Justin.  HE was just in boxers huddled in a ball, and she was at least a little better with a T-shirt and, boxers, and socks.  He was rubbing his arms furiously and his teeth were chattering.  Meredith giggled and scooted close to him.

 

"Here, body heat."  She snuggled close to him and he wrapped his arms around her.

 

He looked at her and smiled devilishly.  "I know how to make some body heat."

 

"Oh pul-" Before Meredith had a change to comment Justin tackled her, and pinned her to the bed.  He kissed her playfully and finally pulled away only to attack her neck.  But before Justin got too carried away, Lonnie swung the door open.

 

"Good morning Sun- Oh SORRY!" Lonnie shut the door quickly.  Meredith looked up at Justin who was peering over his shoulder at the now shut door.  She began laughing uncontrollably.

 

"What?"

 

"He just thought we were doing something"

 

"We were."  Justin smiled before kissing her neck again.  She pushed him away.

 

"Justin! Stop my love.  We need to pack."  She looked up at his puppy face.

 

"Nooo..." He whined.  She smiled and brought his face down to hers for one slow, soft, sensual, LONG kiss.  When they broke away, they were both breathless.  She smiled sweetly and pushed him off of her and walked out of their room.  She found Lonnie carrying his bags to the front door.

 

"Lonnie, nothing was going on."

 

"Surrreee.  Don't worry I don't need to know." He rolled his eyes.

 

"Seriously, nothing happened.  I don't want you to assume things."  She smiled evilly and turned back to the door.

 

"I don't assume, I know."  She stopped at the door and turned around, giving him a "look."

 

"And what do you know exactly?"  She put her hands on her hips.

 

"Why are we having a conversation about you and Justin's sex life.  I really don't care about it."

 

"We are having a conversation because me and Justin's sex life is non-existent."

 

"Oh yeah, sure.  Just like he and Kim's were- nevermind."

 

"Nuh uhhhh, you GOTTA tell me now!"  Meredith smiled curiously and walked towards him.  Before she got too far, two hands grabbed her waist and pulled her back to the bedroom.  Before Justin shut the door, he smiled a fake smile at Lonnie.

 

"Thanks Lonnie, appreciate that!"  Justin said sarcastically, slamming the door.  He turned to Meredith, who was looking at him amused and said; "We need to pack."

 

"I'm almost finished.  I did some yesterday. Why don't we talk about this whole little "SEX" thing, Lonnie brought up."  She giggled putting on some jeans and a T-shirt.  He looked at her and shook his head before returning to stuffing things in his bag.

 

"Meredith, I don't want to talk about my former girlfriends and whether or not I had sex with them."  He walked into the bathroom and started packing all his toiletries.  Meredith finished getting dress then sat on the bed for a moment thinking, before she got up and followed him.  She leaned on the doorframe.

 

"Why not?  Why don't you want to tell me?  I mean I know its personal, but..." She saw how he wasn't acknowledging her.

 

She sighed.  "Nevermind."  She walked into the bathroom and picked up her shampoo, conditioner, razor, etc.  When she turned around she saw Justin staring at her through the mirror.

 

"What?"  She said annoyed.  He stuck his tongue out playfully at her through the mirror and she just rolled her eyes.  She brushed past him out of the bathroom and placed all the stuff she was carrying in her bag.  Justin followed her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders and whispered into the back of her neck.

 

"Do you really want to know?"

 

She turned in his embrace and placed her hands on his upper arms. "It's up to you.  I'm curious, yeah.  But I don't want you to tell me if you don't want to.  Even though we've never talked about it, I just figured you weren't a virgin."

 

He tilted his head to the side and looked at her sincerely. "Does that bother you?"

 

"No, that's your decision.  Besides, I kinda like having someone that is more experienced than me."  She shrugged and kissed his lips quickly, before turning back around and zipping up her packed bag.

 

Justin let her go and went back to his own bags. "You are so cute."

 

"Random." She giggled.

 

Justin folded a shirt and put it in his bag. "No, I mean.  A lot of people would care.  But YOU don't, that's cute."

 

"How old were you?"  She was done packing so she scanned the room for anything she forgot.

 

Justin zipped up his packed bag. "18."

 

"Was that when you were dating Lindsey?"  She sat down on the bed and watched as he placed another 1/2 empty bag beside her and started filling it with clothes.

 

"Yeah."  He smiled and nodded.  She smiled back and giggled.

 

"Are you going to put any more clothes on today, or are you just going to strut around in your underwear?"

 

"You would like that wouldn't you?"

 

"Yeah but Lonnie wouldn't."  They both laughed and then an awkward silence entered the room.

 

"You are still curious aren't you?"  Justin smiled a half smile at her position on the bed.

 

She looked at him and simply shook her head no, not looking at him directly.  Justin zipped the duffel bag closed and placed it beside the rest of his luggage.  He walked over to the bed and sat down beside Meredith.

 

"OK, so here we go.  I lost my virginity to Lindsey when I had just turned 18.  About 6 months later we broke up. She was my longest girlfriend. I off and on dated people, but never had sex with anyone until February of last year when I met Kim.  I didn't love her like I did Lindsey, but we still..ya know."  He said in almost one breath.  Meredith looked at him and smiled.

 

"Thanks."

 

"So now you know."  He smiled back at her and she just rolled her eyes.

 

"Put some clothes on, J."  She stood up, but he pulled her back down in his lap.

 

"You know one day, YOU are going to be added to that list."  He smiled and rubbed his nose with hers.

 

"Yeah, I know."  She said nervously.

 

"You might not believe this, but I'm glad we are waiting.  It's going to be so special, and beautiful, and magical, and.."

 

"Hey guys, are you packed yet?"  Lonnie called through the door, interrupting Justin.

 

"Yeah, L-dawg."  Meredith sighed and kissed Justin's forehead before she got up to open the door and let Lonnie in.

 

"Are you going to put any clothes on, boy?"  Lonnie laughed at Justin, as he picked up their bags.

 

"Nah, I'm just going to walk around Paris, in JANUARY, in my boxers."  Justin said sarcastically.

 

"Well it's almost 5:30, we need to be out of the hotel by 6.  The crowd is not bad at all now, but once the sun comes up it will be.  So hurry!"  Lonnie took their bags and headed out the door.  He called after him.

 

"The limo is already here, just get dressed.  I'm taking these bags down to the lobby, so the driver can get them in the car."

 

"OK Lonnie."  They both said.

 

After Lonnie came back from loading the limo, Justin and Meredith were finally ready to go.  They double-checked the hotel to make sure they weren't missing anything and left the suite.

 

"Man, I'm glad to get out of there."  Meredith sighed as they waited for the elevator.

 

Justin thought for a moment.  "Yeah, you were cooped up in there for..damn, for a LONG time.  ARE YOU OK?"  Justin shook her shoulders and giggled. As they entered the elevator.

 

"Maybe you should ask yourself that, J."  She playfully rolled her eyes.  They got to the lobby and Lonnie stopped at the front desk to secure everything as Meredith and Justin just kinda hung back.  Lonnie approached them and sighed.

 

"OK.  There aren't many people out there.  I'm going to walk behind you, and the hotel guard will lead.  Just, get in the limo and go.  There are 3 girls out there and 3 reporters.  You don't want to sign autographs do you?" 

 

"If it's only 3, I guess its no big deal."

 

"Sure?"

 

"Yeah.  Sure."  Justin shrugged.

 

"OK.  But do it quickly.  Meredith is not use to all this stuff.  Oh, and don't answer the reporters questions.  Just ignore them."  Lonnie said, more to Meredith than to Justin.

 

"So are we all set?"  Justin asked.

 

"Yeah.  Lets go."  Lonnie said.  Justin firmly grasped Meredith's hand protectively and made his way out of the hotel. 

 

Camera's immediately started flashing and the young girls started squealing.  Justin showed a grin to the cameras and girls and squeezed Meredith's hand lightly.  Justin stopped for only 10 seconds to scribble his name on the pieces of paper the young girls waved in front of his face.  The reporters yelled Justin's and even Meredith's name, but she just stay with Justin and smiled at the few girls that were there.  Surprisingly they smiled back. 

 

The next thing Meredith knew, she was in a limo sitting beside Justin, and across from Lonnie.  Justin looked at her and laughed a short laugh.  "Welcome to the life in front of the camera."

 

Meredith looked at him and them rested her cheek against his shoulder.  He wrapped an arm around her, as she watched them ride down the streets of Paris.

-------------------------------------

 

After dropping by the loft just to have breakfast and put down their luggage, Justin and Meredith decided to do a little shopping at the Galleries Lafayette, what they were supposed to do the day before.  They had spent the morning shopping and browsing, not being bothered by too many people. Lonnie didn't let them go into very crowded stores in the gallery so that was help.  The three stuck out like a sore thumb, with a young couple, one clad in baseball cap, being followed by a bulky guard, but not many people were around.  They were in line at a cash register.  The line was rather long because the salesperson looked like they had no clue as to what they were doing.

 

"Hey, I'm going to go right over there and check out that jewelry.  I'm supposed to bring mom back something and I haven't even looked for ANYTHING yet!"

 

"Umm, OK.  Uhh, let me think."  Lonnie thought for a moment.  "OK, I'll go with you Justin, but I'm keeping an eye on you Meredith.  I'll be right over there if you need me."

 

"OK."  Meredith smiled as Justin and Lonnie walked to the jewelry case 10 ft. away.

 

Meredith rocked back and forth on her heels as she balanced the 3 pieces of clothing draped across her arm.  She glanced at Lonnie and Justin.  Justin pulled the cap lower on his head as the sales lady brought out a bracelet for him to look at.  Lonnie spotted her and smiled at her watching Justin.

 

"Excuse me, do you speak English?"  Meredith turned to face the middle-aged guy, who had an American accent, behind her.  She smiled and spoke.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Can you tell me what time it is, we are supposed to meet my wife at 11:30 and I don't want her to worry."

 

Meredith glanced at her watch and smiled.  "You are in luck its 10 till 11."

 

"Oh thank you.  So are you here on vacation?"

 

"You could say that."  Meredith sighed then noticed a young girl about the age of 13 run up to the man and hand him a shirt.

 

"I like this one daddy."  She said.

 

"OK, sugar."  The man took the shirt and held it with the other items he was holding.  Meredith smiled at the girl and was about to turn around when the girl spoke.

 

"You're that Meredith girl."  Meredith's eyes got big.  She WAS "that Meredith girl".  She thought about not agreeing but kinda wanted to see what this girl thought about her.  Meredith turned around and looked at the girl and smiled.

 

"How do you know my name?"

 

"Duh, that article!  I can't believe you are dating Justin Timberlake!"  The girl said a little disgusted.  Her father just looked back and forth in-between Meredith and the girl.

 

"Yeah, me either."  Meredith giggled.  "So what's your name?"

 

"Rebecca.  This is my dad."

 

"Are you having a good time in Paris?"  Meredith asked sweetly.  The girl looked at her confused.

 

"Why are you...nevermind." 

 

"No, go ahead, you can ask me."

 

"Why are you being nice?  Aren't you supposed to be some sort of, I don't know, mean person?" 

 

"REBECCA!  How dare you say that."  Her father reprimanded her.  Meredith just smiled.

 

"Yeah, that article in the Times. Well, about the only thing that is true in it, is that me and Justin are dating and that we are in Paris.  I didn't steal him from anyone; I didn't get my job as their assistant on the tour because of him. In fact, we couldn't stand each other when I first got my job."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah."  Meredith smiled and nodded.

 

"So you two have been going out since this summer?  Why didn't you go to the VMA's with him?  Why did he go with Britney?"  The girl was just a ball of questions, and Meredith just shook her head.  This girl had been reeled RIGHT in by all the media and press.  She was a perfect example of why fame wasn't as glamorous as it seemed.

 

"What is going on here?"  Her father interjected.  Meredith noticed Lonnie's eyes on her, so she turned to look at him.  He nudged Justin and they both gave her a concerned look.  She just smiled and they nodded in confusion.  All the while, Rebecca was explaining to her dad who Meredith was.  He still didn't really understand, or care.

 

"Oh, OK.  Whatever."  He rolled his eyes and laughed.

 

"Well, to answer your questions Rebecca, no we have not been going out sense this summer.  We got together in October, on the 2nd leg of their tour.  That's why I didn't go to the VMA's with him.  We were just friends then, of course we were best friends, but I was kinda out of town at that moment."  Meredith thought, it did kinda seem confusing, but oh well.

 

"Oh, that's cool.  I can't wait to get back home and tell my friends I met you.  You are a lot nicer than I thought."

 

"Let me tell you something Rebecca.  You can't always believe what you read.  Most of it isn't the truth, especially about celebrities.  Just be more selective about what you believe, OK?"

 

"All right.  Hey, I have a web site dedicated to the guys, do you mind if I get a picture of you?" She turned to her dad.  "You got the camera right?"  He nodded.  Meredith smiled.  She really wanted this girl to be on her good side, even if it was just one person.

 

"I have an idea.  If you give me your site address, I'll go check it out, make sure you don't say anything bad about me, maybe I'll sign your guestbook."  Meredith giggled and continued. "I can email you, and why don't we get a picture of you and Justin as well."

 

"What?"  The girl's eyes turned to the size of baseballs and Meredith shushed her squeal that Meredith KNEW was coming.

 

"But you are going to have to be quiet.  We don't want to make a scene.  OK?"  Meredith smiled as the girl frantically nodded.

 

"Hey, Lonnie, J.  Come here."  She called to them.  They turned and walked towards her.  She saw Justin had got something.

 

"Did you find your mom something?"

 

"Sure did."  He smiled sweetly and stood right beside her, he was about to kiss her cheek when he saw a young teenage girl staring at him like he was God himself.

 

"You're.... You're....youuu..." The girl stuttered.  He glanced at Meredith who was smiling at the girl's father and smiled at the girl.

 

"Brad Pitt?  Nah, I wish.  Jennifer Aniston is FINNNEEE!"  He giggled, until Meredith punc



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant