"Brad Pitt?  Nah, I wish.  Jennifer Aniston is FINNNEEE!"  He giggled, until Meredith punched him in the stomach and he doubled over in a bit of pain.  "Owww, jeezs I was just kidding."  He laughed and she rolled her eyes.

 

"Justin, this is Rebecca.  Rebecca you already know Justin."  She turned and put her attention on Justin.  "She read the article."

 

"Oh, Becca you know that what they said is NOT true about Meredith here."  Justin said sweetly and cautiously.  Rebecca still stood there amazed and finally found her voice.

 

"Uh huh.  Uhh, yeah I know.  Hehe.  It's nice to meet you, I..I..I just love you guys.  *Nsync is my FAVORITE group!"  She smiled a HUGE smile.

 

Meredith said in a loud whisper.  "I like the Backstreet Boys better, personally."

 

Justin stared at Rebecca and pointed at Meredith. "See what I have to go through."

 

"He loves me." Meredith said smugly. 

 

Surprisingly, Justin leaned over and kissed her temple and spoke.  "That I do."  Meredith turned to him and gave him an amused smile as Rebecca sighed.

 

"You two are PERFECT for each other."

 

"Yeah, I think so too."  Justin put an arm around Meredith's shoulders.  Lonnie tapped him on the shoulder.

 

"Hey guys, you are holding up the line." 

 

"Pay for them will you?  I'm talking to two fine women L-dawg."  Justin smiled as Lonnie took their clothes and rolled his eyes.

 

"Dad, can I stay and talk with Justin and Meredith?"  The father eyed the young couple and nodded his head. 

 

"Don't go anywhere else.  Stay RIGHT there."  He smiled and followed in line, behind Lonnie.  Meredith watched as Lonnie and the dad struck up a conversation.

 

"This is SO cool.  I have this website dedicated to you guys; I'm so going to have to write about this.  Do you mind?"

 

"As long as you tell the truth."  Justin smiled a charming smile.

 

"I want the address so I can check it out." Meredith looked in her purse and pulled out a sheet of paper and two pens.  She gave a pen each to Justin and Rebecca and tore the paper in two.  Justin looked at her like she was crazy.

 

"Weirdo, you are going to give the girl an autograph, and not the normal "JRT".  Right a message, a LONG message!"  Meredith demanded.  She turned to Rebecca as Justin giggled and bent over to use his thigh as a surface to write on. 

 

"Will you give me the address please?  I really want to check it out and see what other people have to say about me and Justin."  The girl scribbled the address on the paper and handed back to Meredith.  Justin wrote a rather long message to the girl and handed to her with a smile.  She read it and smiled very brightly.

 

"This has made my day, no my YEAR!"  Meredith and Justin laughed.

 

"Go get your dad's camera and we will get a picture all together."  The girl opened her mouth in shock and quickly ran to her dad and brought the camera back with her.

 

"K, Justin, you two get close."  Justin smiled and put his arm around the young girl and pressed the side of his face to hers.  They smiled and Meredith snapped the picture. 

 

"Can I get one with you?"  Rebecca pointed to Meredith.

 

"Sure."  Meredith and smiled at the camera as Justin took the photo.

 

"Why don't we get a goofy one?"  Justin smiled.  They both made weird faces as Justin snapped the picture.

 

"Work it ladies!"  He laughed.  He handed Rebecca back her camera and they all stood there for a moment.

 

"Would you mind if I got one of you two together?"  She asked cautiously.

 

Justin looked at Meredith sweetly and she nodded.  Justin turned to Rebecca.  "It would be our pleasure.  Do you want us to pose, smile, what?"

 

"Whatever."  The girl shrugged.  He looked at Meredith and they just smiled at each other for a moment, not really knowing why.  Rebecca gasped.

 

"Don't move!  That's perfect."  She quickly took the picture of them just staring into each others eyes and before they had a chance to say or do anything else, her father and Lonnie walked up to them.

 

"Do you mind telling me the time again?"  The father asked Meredith.

 

"No, its 11:15."  She smiled.

 

"OK, Rebecca, we need to go meet your mom and brother." 

 

"Nooo.  Man, well, it was really great to meet you Justin, and you too Meredith.  I'm really glad you aren't bad like the article said you were."  Meredith just bowed her head and mouthed. "Me too." to the floor.

 

"Thanks, for being a TRUE fan Rebecca." Justin smiled and opened his arms to the girl.  Meredith looked up and thought that Rebecca was about to faint, but she composed herself and stepped into his arms.  After they hugged, the girl looked at Meredith and she smiled.  Meredith wrapped the girl in a hug and whispered to her.

 

"Thanks Rebecca.  I'm glad you got to see the REAL me.  You have a job to make sure you let everyone know that I'm not what that article says, OK?"

 

Rebecca stepped back and smiled.  "I won't let you down.  Bye you guys.  Thanks for everything."  Her father grabbed her hand as she waved with the other one, and soon they were out of sight.

 

"Well...."  Justin said looking at Meredith.  Meredith just sighed and looked up at him. 

 

"Let's go eat."  He smiled down at her.  Nothing needed to be said.  Lonnie was full of questions about what had just happened, but Meredith and Justin knew that that was a very special moment for both of them.  It was their first REAL encounter with a fan, together.

 

They spent the rest of the afternoon shopping until it was time to go back to the loft and get ready for the plane trip.  They all showered and changed and soon were on their way to the airport.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant