Chapter 24

 

Justin jogged back over to the party and immediately went to the bar.  He got himself a drink and swallowed it in practically one gulp.

 

"Whoa now, J, don't over do it."  Lance said walking up to him.

 

"Hey."  Justin mumbled.

 

"Meredith was looking for you a few minutes ago."

 

Justin stared at Lance for a while and Lance just stared back giving him a weird look. "Justin, you OK?"

 

"Yeah, where is she now?" Justin looked over the crowd.

 

Lance shrugged.  "Last time I saw her she was talking with Dani and Brit."

 

"Thanks."  Justin sat down his now empty glass and stormed off to the table that the three girls were sitting at.

 

Lance turned to the bartender.  "No more for him."

 

"He's been here only twice."

 

"Seriously?  HE reeks of alcohol."  Lance connected his eyebrows in confusion.  And watched as Justin walked to the girls.

 

Justin didn't break his stare with Meredith.  She didn't notice him coming.  Britney did.

 

"Hey Justin, where ya been?"  She smiled.  Meredith turned and looked at him.  She smiled at him, but it disappeared when she saw the confusion in his eyes.

 

"Baby?"  She said.  He got right beside her chair and looked down at her, not even acknowledging Danielle and Britney.

 

"Will you come with me?"  He stared into her brown eyes, looking up at him.  She nodded once and gave a weak smile.  He practically ripped her arm off pulling her out of her seat.

 

"J, slow down."  He kept dragging her, away from the party and away from the hotel, closer to the water.

 

"JUSTIN, STOP!"  She yelled.  He stopped abruptly and she came crashing down on him.  They landed on the sand in a thud and Meredith pushed herself a little off Justin and looked in his eyes.

 

"What's wrong?  Are you OK?"  She looked at him concerned and he just stared back into her eyes.

 

"Kiss me."  He begged.

 

"Umm, OK."  She watched him as he stared at her lips.  "Justin what is wrong?"

 

"Just, please, kiss me."  He looked up in her eyes and she couldn't say no.  She leaned in to kiss him and as soon as they contacted he let out a sigh of relief.  She was about to pull away and ask him what was wrong again, but he wrapped his muscular arms around her small body and pressed her to him.  He was devouring her.  His tongue tasted every inch of her mouth.  He was trying his hardest to get the taste of Kim out and her taste in.  She enjoyed it at first, but needed to breathe.  He wasn't letting go.  Finally she pushed him away and they both landed on their backs.  He stared up at the stars and she pounced to her feet.

 

"Justin, how much have you had to drink?"  She asked a little disappointed.

 

"One beer and a screwdriver."  He mumbled and sat up Indian style, playing with the laces of his boots.  He looked like a toddler that was put in the corner.

 

"You smell and taste like you've been drinking all night."  She said with her hands on her hips.  He looked up at her and saw the unbelieving look in her eyes.

 

He couldn't tell her what Kim had just done to him, now.  Maybe tomorrow.  No, maybe when they got back after their trip.  Yes, that's when he would tell her.  It would just make her mad and upset for the rest of the trip if he told her now.  So he left it unsaid.

 

"I'm sorry I...I...I didn't mean to attack you just then, and Kim spilled her wine on me when we were dancing and I went to go find a shirt, but I never did, and I don't know why, but I..." Meredith collapsed to her knees and put her hands on both sides of his face.

 

"It's OK Justin.  Just stop rambling."  She placed a lingering kiss on his forehead.  He wrapped his arms around her body and rested his head on shoulder.

 

"I love you so much, you know I would never do anything to hurt you, right?"  Justin almost whined into her shoulder.

 

"I know.  I love you too.  You are my angel remember.  And I'm yours."  She pulled away and stood up smiling.  She offered him her hands and pulled him off the sand.  They brushed themselves off and walked back to the party.

 

"Sit, and talk with Britney.  She's your friend and has wanted to talk to you all night.  I'll go get you a new shirt, OK?"  He kissed her cheek and watched her leave.  He walked the short distance to where Britney was talking with Carson Daly and Tara Reid.

 

"Hey guys."  He plopped down in a chair.

 

"Well look who decides to grace us with his presence."  Britney rolled her eyes and smiled playfully.

 

"Hey man, what's up?  Where's your chick?  I've been wanting to meet her ever since that article came out."  Carson gave Justin some "dap"  across the table.

 

"She went to go get me a new shirt.  This one has wine spilled all over it."

 

Tara gasped.  "Justin but you aren't 21 yet!"

 

"Shut up Tara.  You don't want me to start quoting American Pie. Does 'I'm coming' ring a bell?."  Justin smirked.

 

The 4 struck up a conversation and by the time Meredith came back it was nearly 3 o'clock and a lot of people had headed back to their rooms in the hotel.

 

Justin was now sitting with JC, Chris, and Dani.  He saw her and opened his arms to her.  She threw him the clean shirt she had found in the resorts gift shop and sat down in his lap.  He wrapped his arms around her and she leaned against his body as he kissed her temple.

 

"AWWWW."  Chris and JC both said.

 

"Shut up."  Justin mumbled into her hair.

 

"Wow, what a party.  Thanks for helping guys."  Meredith said to the people sitting there.

 

"What? They helped out?"  Justin pointed to them, looking at her.

 

"Yeah, you didn't think I could pull this off all on my own now did you?"  She smiled.

 

"I can't believe everyone was able to keep this a secret from me.  Especially Joey.  Where is Joey? I saw him twice all night and that was just glances."  Justin looked around at the 5 couples that were slow dancing on the sand.  About 2 other tables were filled with people and that was the only people left of the party.

 

"He said he was calling it a night."  Chris yawned.

 

Danielle giggled.  "Of course he had a pretty red head in tow."

 

"Of course, its Joey."  JC defended him.

 

"Well even though this is my party.  I'm ready to call it a night, too."  Justin tickled Meredith a little and she squirmed.

 

"There is a room for us here, so we don't have to go back to the resort tonight."

 

"Good because I don't think I could make it."  Justin rested his cheek on her shoulderblade and sighed.

 

"All right, I think we all need to go."  JC stood up and stretched.

 

The 5 people strolled over to the hotel and Meredith went to the front desk and got the keys.  JC, Chris and Dani went ahead of them, into the elevator.  Justin looked around the lobby.  Less than an hour ago he was running out of here like a maniac.  He didn't know where Kim was now.  He didn't care, but it kinda worried him that she might still be near.  He shuddered at the thought. Someone touched his shoulder and he jumped.

 

"It's just me."  Meredith giggled and pressed the up button on the elevator.  They walked in the vacant elevator and Meredith eyed him.

 

"You didn't switch shirts."  She smiled amused.  Justin looked down and shrugged.

 

"I'll need it tomorrow when we go back to the resort."

 

"Guess what?"

 

"What?"  Justin asked frantically.

 

"I have no clothes to change into, to sleep."  Meredith looked at him as his eyebrows raised playfully.

 

"Oh really?  So maybe now I WILL find out about that thong tha thong thong thong."

 

"No, you will give me that oversize shirt in your hands and I'll sleep in that." 

 

"What will I sleep in?"  Justin asked curiously.

 

"What do you normally sleep in?"

 

The elevator stopped and Justin smiled. "My underwear." 

 

"Exactly."  Meredith walked out of the elevator.  They walked to their room and entered it silently.   She ripped the shirt from Justin's grasp and headed to the bathroom.  She changed quickly and let out a breath of relief when she saw that the shirt came to right above her knees and fully covered all of her.  She got back into the bedroom and hopped into the bed.  Justin was already there and wrapped his arms around her from behind.  She reached up and turned the lamp off.  After a few minutes of silence, Meredith turned in his arms and touched his peaceful face.

 

"J?"

 

"Yeah, angel?"  He groaned.

 

"Happy birthday."  She whispered in his ear and kissed his temple tenderly and snuggled closer to him.  He smiled brightly without opening his eyes and fell into a deep sleep.  He was stressed.  He didn't realize how much the whole thing with Kim was bothering him.  But he felt dirty, cheap, and guilty.  As much as he enjoyed this trip, he couldn't wait to get back home, to his house, and to normality.  Or what was normal to Justin Timberlake of *Nsync, that is.

 

-----------------------

3 days later

 

"I'm coming!"  Meredith yelled to the phone.  She giggled at herself when she realized she had just spoken to a telephone.  She picked up the phone and plopped down on the couch.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Oh my gosh, Meredith? I haven't talked to you in ages!!"

 

"Shut up, Justin."  Meredith giggled.

 

"I just faxed my statement."  Justin said proudly.

 

"Already?"

 

"Yeah, Johnny called me as SOON as I walked in my front door, I'm talking RIGHT after we had gotten back, and said he wanted one ASAP."

 

"Goodness, at least let you catch up on your jet lag." 

 

"I know, right?  Anyways, MTV is reading it on TRL today.  You want to come over and watch it with me?"  He asked hopefully.

 

Meredith chuckled.  "I thought we were going to spend at least a 3 day break from each other.  You've already broken it with this phone call.  Not to mention last nights 3am, I just called to say I love you, crap."

 

"I'm offended."  HE voice was small and quiet.

 

Meredith's eyes widened.  "ME TOO!!  I was having a GOOD dream."

 

"Oh really?   And what made this dream so good?  Or should I ask who?"  Justin's voice turned deep and flirty.

 

"Simple, TOM CRUISE!  HELLO????"  Meredith said loudly.

 

Justin mocked her. "You annoy me."

 

"Yeah yeah, shut up."  Meredith narrowed her eyes at the coffee table, as if it were him, and smiled.

 

Justin sighed. "Anyways, so are you going to come over or what?  And I got something I need to tell you, besides the statement."

 

"What is it?" Meredith hinted a bit of remorse in his voice.

 

"It's not bad.  Well, it's not good.  But its nothing you should worry about AT ALL.  I just want to talk about it."

 

Meredith clicked her tongue against her teeth. "Too late I'm worried."

 

"Don't be, angel."  Justin's soothing voice made all her worries fade.

 

"OK."  For some reason she was blushing.

 

"Umm, TRL starts at 3:30, so get here at 3?" 

 

"Sure, see ya in 3 1/2 hours, baby."

 

“I'll be waiting."  He blew kisses into the phone.

 

"Bye, J."

 

Justin yelled into the phone. "HEY WAIT A MINUTE HERE!"

 

"What?"  She asked annoyed and when he gasped for air over the line she giggled in realization.

 

"Oh yeah, I love you Justin."  She said in a goofy voice.

 

"Don't be like that.  You never know when the next time you will see me might be."  He sounded serious, but wasn't.

 

"You sound like your mother.  And don't talk like that, it worries me.  Bye Justin.  I love you.  You are the sexiest man I know.  I want to rip off your clothes and show you a good time."  She overly deadpanned.

 

"Damn you turn me on."  Justin said VERY sarcastically

 

"adios mi amor."

 

"Hasta la vista baby."  Meredith giggled and turned off the phone at his impression of Arnold Swerzenegger.  She let out a deep breath and decided to call someone she hadn't talked to in a while.  She waited as the phone rang.

 

"Hello?"  A male voice answered.

 

Meredith recognized the voice and smiled. "Tyler?" 

 

"Yeah, who's this?"

 

"What are YOU doing at my sister’s apartment?"  Meredith exclaimed.

 

He realized whom he was talking to and shouted. "MEREDITH!  Hey girl.  I haven't seen you in like, FOREVER!"

 

"I know.  How ya been?"  Meredith didn't hear a response but did hear two people fighting over the phone in the background.

 

"Give me the phone."

 

"I was talking to her."

 

"SHE'S MY SISTER!"

 

"Yeah, but she likes me better than you."

 

"ARGG!....Meredith?"

 

"Hey girl." 

 

Meredith's sister let out a short breath and began talking 100 mph. "Don't give me that crap.  What the hell did you think I was supposed to do when mom and dad called me wondering when you decided to go public with Justin and when Tyler practically bought 50 copies of the New York Post to send to all his friends to say "My girlfriend’s sister is dating Justin Timberlake." Huh Huh?"

 

"I did not buy 50 copies, I bought 3."  Tyler's voice came over the line.

 

Lauren pulled the phone away from her mouth and yelled into another room. "Get off the phone Ty!" 

 

"No."  He said smugly into the receiver.

 

"Fine then."  Meredith could see her sister pouting, over the phone line.

 

"Trouble in paradise?" Meredith giggled.

 

Tyler mocked shock. "Never!"

 

"I didn't know it was printed in the New York Post.  Wow! I'm hitting big time."  Meredith nodded her head to herself.

 

"How are you calm about this?  You are the person that freaks out over everything!"  Lauren asked.

 

Meredith genuinely shrugged. "I don't know."

 

"Well, let me tell you something.  I'm just mad that you won't let the boy meet me, because I'm sure he could get me into some fly parties."  Tyler said in his best ghetto girl voice.

 

"Not without me, he cant." Lauren shot back.

 

Tyler lowered his voice and growled. "Shut up, woman."

 

"That's it!  Meredith, call me back tonight.  Maybe jackass here will decide to leave me alone."  Lauren sighed into the phone.

 

"OK, talk to ya later then, Lauren.  Bye."

 

"Bye chica."

 

Tyler shouted into the phone. "BYE MEREY!"

 

"BYE TY!"

 

Meredith giggled and shut the phone off.  She really wanted to talk to her sister about everything that was going on in her life but was always welcome to the playful banter her boyfriend and her brought to the table.  They fought constantly but Meredith would sometimes catch them being undeniably sweet to one another.  She was sure he was the one for her sister.  About as sure as she was that Justin was the one for her.

 

She stood up and stretched and walked to her front door.  Her sock-clad feet padded down the steps of the building to the outside door.  She slid a key into her mail cubby and pulled out 5 pieces of mail.  She sorted through them on her way back up the steps.

 

-Publishers ClearingHouse, Bill, Bill, letter from....-  She looked at the return address and laughed out loud and opened the door to her apartment.

 

-letter from Justin, that boy is too much.  And....Brown envelope?  hmmm- 

 

Meredith eyed the package and was confused when there was no return address.  She threw the clearinghouse thingy in the garbage and put the rest of the mail on the kitchen table.  She sat down in a chair and opened up the white envelope sent from Justin's house first.

 

She pulled out the card and her brow connected in confusion when she saw that the card had nothing on the front.  It was a made out of gray paper.  She slowly opened the card and read what was printed in a boring font.

 

"The front of this card is what my life looks like without you."

 

Meredith thought for a moment and a slow smile crept on her face.  She read what Justin had written below it.

 

"Angel,

Yeah I know you are thinking "What a depressing card."  But, I just saw it and knew it was perfect for how I feel without you.  You are the center of my life.  Without you I will cease to exist.  You are my heart, my soul, my everything.  I will love you...until the end of time.

 

-J

 

PS  This was supposed to be a thank you note for the past two weeks, but I think you know how much I loved my "present."  I'll write it anyway:  THANK YOU!!!!"

 

Meredith closed the card and brought it up to her heart.  She held on to it as she closed her eyes.  Two joyfilled tears slid down her cheeks.  It was going to be a long 3 hours until she saw him again.  She even thought about going over there right that second to see him, to thank HIM.

 

But something caught her eye.

 

And her interest.

 

She placed the card down on the table softly and picked up the brown envelope.  It was heavier than a normal piece of mail and sounded as if something was inside.  She unsealed the envelope and watched as a stack of photos slid out.  A white sheet of paper slid out as well.  She picked up the paper before glancing at the photos.

 

"Enjoy the pictures.  I'm sure the people in it enjoyed themselves too." 

 

Meredith felt uneasy.  This wasn't something good.  No return address.  Weird message.  She let out a shaky breath and picked up the stack of photos. 

 

She couldn't move. She lost her breath.  She couldn't speak. 

 

She died at that moment. 

 

Suddenly a burst of energy surged through her.

 

HATE

 

She flipped through the pictures like a lion ripping open an antelope.  She only stopped to look at each picture for a few seconds.  She stood up and let out a growl of rage and threw the pictures as hard as she could against the wall.  As they hit it and when flying and fluttering down to the floor, she collapsed to her knees and gently laid herself down on the cold, tile, kitchen floor and sobbed....

 

...for the rest of the day. 

 

Forgetting about the statement.  Forgetting about going over to Justin's house.  Forgetting about calling her sister.  Forgetting about everything, except what she saw on those pictures.

-------------------------------------------

3 days later, Monday morning

 

Meredith opened the glass door to the WEG building.  She stopped by her front desk to check her box.  On her way to the elevator she flipped through the letters and memos.  One piece of paper stuck out against the rest.  It was a plain piece of notebook paper that read:

 

"Why are you ignoring me? -Justin" 

 

She crumbled it up and threw it in the garbage can in-between the two elevators.  One of them opened up and she was about to walk in, but someone walked out.

 

"Hey G!"  Lance's deep voice said.  He moved in for a hug, but she stepped into the elevator.

 

"Hi."

 

Lance looked at her inside the elevator as she pressed a button. "Justin's freaking out.  He says you are ignoring him, but he doesn't know why."

 

The doors began to close and she mumbled. "I gotta go, Lance."  The doors shut as Lance looked at her in shock.

 

Meredith leaned against the wall of the elevator as it went to the 3rd and top floor of the building. 

 

-Please, just don't let me see him.  Please God don't let him be here today.- 

 

The elevator opened with a ding and she stepped out and walked down the hallway.  She went to her office that she hadn't seen in about 2 1/2 weeks.  She put the key in the lock and turned the knob.  She stopped when she realized the door was already unlocked.  Her breathing shortened.  She pushed the door open and there he was.

 

Sitting in her leather chair.  Feet propped up on the desk, ankles crossed.  Elbows resting on the arm rest.  Fingers laced and both index fingers were pinching his bottom lip.  His forehead was wrinkled in confusion.  And his eyes were blood shot and she could tell he had been worrying.

 

But she didn't give a damn. 

 

He looked up at her and cross his arms over his chest.  He stared at her and tilted his head to the side, not speaking a word. 

 

She leaned against the doorframe and mocked his actions.  She crossed one ankle over the other, crossed her arms over her stomach and tilted her head to the side.

 

They stared at each other.  For at least 2 minutes.  To Justin it felt like 2 years.  She wasn't doing anything.  He was clueless and lost.  Meredith could have stayed like that and stared at him for as long as she wanted.  The look of tiredness, anger, disappointment, and confusion in his face almost made her want to leap for joy.  She wanted him to hurt, she wanted him to feel pain.  But no matter how much pain and hurt he would go through.  It wouldn't even compare to the amount of devastation he had caused in her life. 

 

In her mind, he had literally shattered her world.  She didn't care about his side of the story.  She didn't care what had happened.  In fact she didn't want to know.  She had proof that HE had cheated on her.  Even worse at a party that SHE had thrown for HIM.  At first she thought he was maybe drunk because of the way he had smelled and slightly tasted afterwards that night, but she knew better than that.  He wouldn't have came to her afterwards if he were drunk.  He felt guilty and THAT'S why he practically attacked her that night.  She was glad he felt guilty.  He was SUPPOSED to feel guilty.

 

"So, is this some joke or are you purposely trying to ignore me?"  Justin finally spoke.

 

She pushed herself off the doorframe and headed to her desk.  She set her stack of papers and purse to the side and placed her hands on the desk.  She stretched her arms out and leaned over the desk.  With Justin's slouched position, she was towering over him.  A first for both of them.

 

Justin couldn't help but feel intimidated.  She had a look on her face that he had NEVER seen from her before.  HE didn't know what it was, but he did NOT like it, at all.

 

"Get out."  She said not breaking her expression or look.  They were staring at each other.  It was intense.  And Justin knew she wasn't joking.

 

"What's-"

 

"GET OUT!"  She screamed interrupting him.

 

Justin stood up and was now looking down at her. "No.  You need to tell me why you are angry with me."

 

She looked up at him and narrowed her eyes, evilly. "I don't NEED to do shit to you JUSTIN!  Get the fuck out of my office before I call security and have them remove you, or would you rather ME kick your ass outta here?"

 

Justin was a little taken back by what she just said.  Actually he was a lot taken back.  "I'm not leaving until you tell me what is happening."

 

She walked to the phone and dialed the 3 numbers for security.  She waited as Justin eyed her.  She was actually kicking him out.

 

"Yes, I need someone to be removed from office 3B."  She waited a second then hung up. 

 

Justin's mouth dropped open as she leaned against one of her walls and stared at him.  "You're serious."

 

"No shit, sherlock."  She began biting and looking at her nails like she was bored.

 

"What-Wha-....You are scaring me."  Justin was getting emotional.  She was mad at him and he didn't know why.  But it wasn't like she was mad, she was HATEFUL.  And he knew, he KNEW in his heart, that she was gone.

 

She looked up from her nails and he took in a shaky breath and looked at the door.  There stood Jacob, a 30-something security man of the WEG building.

 

"Justin?"  The man questioned as he stepped further into the room.  He looked in-between the two in confusion.

 

Justin looked back at Meredith.  She had NO expression on her face.  She looked like an inanimate object, without feelings or thoughts or emotion.  It made him sick, literally, to see her like this.  He brought his hand up to his mouth and mumbled.

 

"I think I'm going to be sick." He quickly walked out of the room, mouth covered.

 

Jacob looked at Meredith, she walked across the front of her desk and turned to sit in her chair.  She sat down and pulled some paper work in front of her.  A minute passed and she looked up at Jacob, staring at her in shock.

 

"Thank you Jacob. You can leave now."  She returned to her papers and he finally left the office.  On his way back to the elevator he passed the men's restroom.  He listened as he heard gagging sounds coming from inside.  He never spent much time with either of them, but had been around them and others enough to know that they were together and very much in love.  He realized he was getting caught up in the lives of others and shook his head and continued on to the elevator.

 

--------------------------

Johnny sat on a couch in the large, luxurious "rec room" of the WEG building.  It was connected to his office, only a few doors down from Meredith's and could be seen as soon as you got of the elevator to the third floor.  It paralleled the elevator doors and had glass doors so you could see out into the hallway.

 

JC sat beside Johnny,  as Lance sat in a cushy chair.  Joey sat on a harder chair, straddling it.  And Chris sat on the other couch beside a pale faced, red-eyed, tear-stained cheeks, Justin.  Everyone noticed and when someone asked him what was wrong he just shook his head with a glazed over expression on his face.

 

Johnny looked at a notepad and read off of it, kinda.  "..OK, so next Monday we have an interview with YM magazine scheduled.  It says you are scheduled for recording until then.  The Grammy's are a month and a half away.  I'll meet with you guys later on that.  And I think that's it...Anything else, we need to talk about?"  Johnny looked up from his notepad at the guys.  All of them shook their heads, except Chris.  He looked at Justin and back at Johnny.

 

"Yeah, ummm, I have something we need to talk about."

 

"OK.." Johnny urged him on.  Chris looked back at Justin.  "What the HELL is wrong with you???"

 

Justin looked up at Chris and then turned to look at all the other faces staring at him.  He gripped his head in his hands and let out a huge shaky breath.

 

"Meredith."  Justin felt the tears burning in his eyes, but sniffed and held them in place. He swallowed the lump from his throat and looked up at the guys still staring at him.

 

"Call her down here.  Tell her you need to talk to her about something.  You'll see what I mean. She's-She's..I don't know.  She hates me.  I see it in her eyes.  Something's happened and I don't know what and I just...I don't know what to do."  He shook his head at the floor and a tear fell from his eye.  Chris watched him wipe it away and turned to Johnny and gave him a look that said 'did you just see that?'

 

"She kicked me out of her office."  Justin whispered.

 

"What happened, Justin?"  JC calmly asked.  He looked up at him.

 

"That's just it.  I don't know, JC.  I have no clue!  She was supposed to come over and watch the statement be aired on TRL Friday, but she never showed.  I called her house and no one answered.  I went over there the next day, but her car wasn't there, so I didn't bother.  I tried her cell phone, EVERYTHING. Yesterday I went over there and her car WAS there.  I went to her apartment and banged on the door.  When there wasn't an answer I used the key she gave me...and it didn't work.  She had..She had changed her locks." 

 

Johnny picked up the phone on the table beside the couch and dialed her office number.

 

"Meredith, its Johnny.  Can you come to the rec room, I have some paperwork that I need you to verify for the guys. Thanks"  Johnny hung up the phone and all 6 heads turned to look out the glass doors.

 

Seconds later Meredith's office door opened.  She pulled her hair into a bun as she walked to the door.  When she got to the door she put her hand on the silver handle and looked up.  She saw them all staring at her and KNEW what was about to go down.  She took in a deep breath and opened the door.  As she walked into the room she thought to herself.

 

-Control your anger.  Don't kick his ass just yet.  Be strong.  Let him suffer.  He DESERVES this.  Yeah, go ahead Timberlake, look upset...son of a bitch.-

 

Her eyes connected with his for a moment and she walked up and stood beside Joey, still straddling his chair.  She looked at Johnny.

 

"Where are those papers?"

 

"Meredith why don't you have a seat, for a moment."  He motioned to one of the couches

 

She looked down at the floor and shook her head.  She let out a short laugh and looked back up at Johnny, not acknowledging ANYONE else in the room.  "That's not going to work.  Yes I am mad at Justin.  No I am RAGING because of Justin.  And if I have to breathe the same air as him one more second I think I might just kill myself, OR him, either way works for me.  But it is not your job to keep my soap opera life in check.  So I suggest you stay out of it, thank you.  Now do you actually HAVE any thing you need from me, or can I leave now?"

 

Justin shot out of his seat. "What did I DO to you!?  GOD!  DONT YOU KNOW THAT I- I- LOVE YOU???  Did you get my card?  I LOVE YOU! PLEASE don’t do this...please!"  Justin was crying openly now, and standing up begging her  He held on to her shoulders to look in her eyes. She looked at him and took in a deep breath.

 

"I would think you would KNOW what you did."  She pushed away from his grasp.

 

"Tell me."  He whispered.

 

She licked her dry lips, she hated to admit it, but seeing him this way, seeing him at all was breaking her.  Her strength she promised herself she would show, was crumbling.  She tore her eyes away from him.

 

"Why don't you ask Kim?"

 

She had found out.  But she obviously had heard Kim's side.  He couldn't believe she believed her over him.  "How did you find out?  Don't believe her Meredith, she's gone crazy."

 

"NO JUSTIN!!  I have gone crazy.  YOU have made me CRAZY! Why the HELL did you DO that to me?! Didn’t you KNOW that you were my EVERYTHING!  You were EVERYTHING I wanted and NEEDED and in that ONE moment you had to take that away didn’t you?!  Was it because she would fuck you and I wouldn’t?  That’s it isn’t it!?”

 

<p>"Ang-"

 

<p>"OH!  Don’t EVEN think about calling me that.  I’ll never be your stupid fucking little ANGEL ever again.  So just  SHUT UP!"  She grabbed the necklace around her neck and he saw that her promise ring was missing from her hand. She yanked on the necklace, breaking it and threw it at him.  He picked up the cross necklace he had given her and looked up at her defeated. 

 

"There are pictures, Justin.  Pictures of you with your shirt off and Kim in her underwear on a bed, kissing.  There are ones with you standing up, ones with your hands on her cheeks.  Ones with her on top of you. Ones with you on top of her.  There are ones with her pressing your body on hers.  What do you expect me to say or do?  You've killed me Justin and..and...I never want to see you again."  She turned and walked towards the door.  She opened it and he ran after her sobbing.

 

"Please, you've got to believe me.  It was a mistake.  She was kissing me.  I was trying to stop her.  You've got to believe e.  You just have to. Please..."  He dropped to his knees taking her hands and kissing them and holding them to his face.  "Please.."  He whispered.  She looked down at him and almost broke when his crying blue eyes locked onto hers.  She took in a shaky breath and jerked her hand away.

 

"We're through."  She whispered and ran out of the door to the elevator, sinking to the elevator floor in sobs.

 

At one end of the hallway a lost man clutched his heart and cried as the love of his life rode an elevator out of his life, sobbing and hugging her knees as she rocked herself back forth.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant