Alexandria walked out into the cool, Floridian winter night breeze. She hugged her jacket to get a bit of warmth back to her body. Her feet moved quickly towards her truck.

Justin chuckled. "Hey speed demon, slow down."

Alex stopped abruptly and turned back to him. He sauntered up beside her walked with her towards her car. She fiddled with the keys and opened the door.

He held the door open for her and helped her inside. She sat down and reached for the door, but he held it back.

"Listen, about this whole intern thing." He leaned against the door and sighed. "I personally know what it's like to go after your dreams. It's been the most...indescribable and amazing and the best thing in my life. I can't even fathom how my life would be if I hadn't gone after my dream. My advice is to go for it. If you don't at least try, you'll spend your life wondering what COULD have happened. It will work out, I promise." He smiled a charming smile.

She looked at him unbelieving every word he said. "How can you be so sure?"

He chuckled and leaned in and whispered loudly. "Because I've been there." He pulled away. "Have a nice night." And he shut her door.

Justin turned and walked towards his own car with her staring at his retreating form.

"You're absolutely right!" She smiled and put her key in the ignition.

She cranked the car.

The engine sounded like a dying cat being run over by a steamroller. It squealed once more and coughed.

"This is NOT happening." She stared at the hood of her car that was smoking.

She stared at it for a few minutes until a knock on her window startled her. She turned and there was a smirking popstar. She opened the door.

"Need a ride?" He giggled.

She glared and him and grabbed her purse and keys and stepped out of her car. "Well, sor-RE that I'm not a rich singer that can afford nice little BMW's like YOU can."

"OK, OK, come on, I'll take you home. You can get someone to fix your truck tomorrow." He pushed her away from the truck and locked the truck door and shut it.

"Man, I don't think I've ever rode in a BMW before. Especially a NICE one." Alex smirked. She mumbled to herself, "My dad would kill me if he saw me now, wow."

Justin jogged a bit to walk in front of her to his car. Once he got there he opened the door for her.

"Thank you." She smiled at his politeness. She sat down on the plush leather and watched as he walked around the front of the car to his side, as she put on her seatbelt.

He got in the car and cranked the engine. As they backed out, Alex whimpered.

"You OK?" Justin asked.

Alex turned to him. "I really hope she'll be all right. I don't know what I'll do if she dies. She's all I got."

Justin looked at her like she was crazy then realized she was talking about her truck and laughed a bit.

"What?" She gave him a 'look'. "That truck is VERY vital to my life, don't laugh."

Justin cleared his throat and tried not to smile. "Sorry."

The rest of the way to her apartment was spent with then being basically quiet. It wasn't awkward; they were just both thinking.

About each other.

The radio was softly playing Brian McKnight's 'Anytime'.

Alex concentrated on the dark outside as she listened to Justin softly hum and barely sing the song.

"Do I every cross your mind anytime? Do you ever wake up reaching out for me?" He shifted his hands on the steering wheel and changed gears as they slowed down off the highway ramp.

For some reason, Alexandria began thinking about her brother. And when she heard Justin's smooth voice sing "I miss you." She couldn't stop a tear from falling down her cheek.

She breathed heavily and brushed it away.

Justin saw this out of the corner of his eye. "Are you all right?" She forced a smile. "Yeah, I just, that song made me think about my brother for some reason."

"Are you sure you are OK?"

"Yeah, I've been dealing with it for almost 10 years now. I just get my moments." She smiled as they reached her apartment building.

She bent down to pick up her purse and put her hand on the doorhandle, but it opened before she had a chance to open it herself. Justin stood there, grinning. "Who would have thought Justin Timberlake was a gentleman?" She smirked as he shrugged.

"Thanks-"

"Let me walk you to your door." He interrupted her.

Her blue eyes went wide and she turned around on her heels and walked with him following her to her apartment. They walked up the steps silently and made it to her door.

Alex nervously searched for her keys in her purse as Justin leaned against the wall beside her door. She found them and opened her door a bit.

Justin pushed himself off the wall. "Thanks for coming to the coffee house with me. Ya know Liz was right." Alex tilted to head to the side in confusion as she leaned against the doorframe. "I've never brought anyone with me there before. She was right, you MUST be special."

Alex gulped. She didn't know what to say to that. So she didn't say anything.

Justin sighed and put his hands in his pockets. "When I first met you, I didn't know or really care to know about you. Call it being stuck up or conceited or whatever. But God, I'm so glad Jon forced me to get to know you. I still want to know more. You are a mystery to me, Lexia. One I intend to solve." He looked up into her eyes and she couldn't breathe.

His eyes witch were blue were turning navy and then almost black with the passion in the words he spoke.

She tore her clear eyes away from him and stare at the floor below. "Thanks for the ride."

"Sure, no problem." He whispered.

"I guess I'll see you later then." She spoke nervously.

"Yeah, have a good holiday if I don't see you." His voice cracked a sign that he was just as nervous.

-Why AM I nervous? - They both thought.

"All right, bye," She barely said and stepped into her apartment and closed the door.

"WAIT!" Justin called out.

She swung the door open, almost hopefully. She could feel her face turn red with embarrassment at her actions.

And she NEVER got embarrassed.

"I- I- can't leave without-" He stuttered, his mouth trembling, eyes staring at hers.

"Can't leave without what?" She spoke stepping further out of her doorway.

-What am I doing? - Her head screamed.

Justin stepped further to her. They were inches apart. He was staring down into her eyes. Her head was slightly tilted upwards. She was by no means short. But he was a few inches taller than she was.

"What am I doing?" He whispered, subconsciously, as he gently placed a hand on her cheek.

"I don't know." She smiled slightly and it became bright when his own mouth broke into a lopsided grin.

"Lexia, I- I think- " He stared at her lips and moved back up to her eyes that were darkening to a beautiful aqua color.

"Justin, you are confusing me." She spoke nervously.

"Say that again." He closed his eyes.

"Huh?" Her eyes narrowed in confusion.

"My name, say it again." His eyes remained closed.

She licked her lips and breathed. "Justin."

He sighed in almost a whine. He groaned, "Yeah."

"Are you OK?" She giggled.

His eyes opened and he stared at her. "I'm fine. I think."

Alex looked at him like he was crazy. He was acting so strange.

Justin saw the look she was giving him and smiled brightly. "I'm not crazy."

"You're acting that way." She motioned with her eyes to the hand that was still on her cheek. "Care to explain that?" Her normal sarcastic and amused voice returned.

"Sure." His look became serious again and she regretted ever saying anything. "Maybe this will help you understand..."

She watched unable to move as his hand grasped her cheek a bit firmer and his head tilted forward and down. Her mouth slightly parted as she saw his eyes slowly close. It was a bad move because it gave him better access to her lips.

Which were now a breath away from her own.

She could feel the movements against her when he brought out his tongue to lick his lips. His thumb softly rubbed across her cheek and he whispered. "I shouldn't be doing this."

But he did.

His soft lips touched her own.

Her eyes widened and she stared as his closed ones so close to hers. She could see his lashes resting on his cheeks. He then tilted his head and locked on to her bottom lip.

Then, did she close her own eyes.

It had been a long time since she had kissed someone. Someone that she actually didn't mind kissing. Someone she wanted to kiss.

Her hands that had been trembling by her sides made their way upward to his arms. She slid them to his shoulders and around his neck to bring him closer, grasping lightly at the collar of his blue shirt.

She pulled away and tilted her head to the side, trying a new angle and bringing him closer to her.

Justin made some sort of noise that sounded like a groan when her hands grabbed onto the short curls at the back of his head. He nudged her lips apart with his own and timidly slid his tongue in her awaiting mouth.

She sighed and enjoyed the sound of his ragged breath from his nose. They both needed air, but neither wanted to stop for it.

Justin pulled away to give them a quick amount of air and lowered his head again.

But Alex stopped him. Her hands came down and pushed at his chest.

She didn't know what had sent her back into reality. If it was the regain of oxygen or the absence of his lips, or both. But she then realized that they shouldn't, and COULDNT be doing what they were.

For SO many reasons.

"I can't do this." She whispered so close to him that he felt her breath tickle his swollen lips.

"Why?" He asked.

Was he a complete moron? There were so many answers.

The fact she was his brother's baby-sitter. The fact he had a girlfriend. The fact that they came from two VERY different worlds.

She stuttered and stepped back. "I- I- I don't know."

She couldn't give him an answer.

She looked up at his confused and hurt eyes. "I'm sorry." She barely even whispered and ran into her apartment and slammed the door and locked it.

She rested against the back of it and cried.

She didn't know why. She HAD been emotional lately. But this was no reason to cry.

Just two young people that accidentally kissed one another.

But if it was an accident why did it feel so right? And why was she crying? And why had he looked so hurt when she pulled away?

"I can't leave him like that." She whispered and turned around to swing the door back open and talk to him. They had to talk this out. She opened the door.

He was gone.

She stared at the empty space in the hallway for a few minutes. Until a door opened across the hallway.

She heard loud jazz music come from the door and watched as Mr. Krecor stepped out. "Hiya, Lex."

"Hi." She whispered.

"Are you OK? You look a little pale. And are you crying?" He asked worriedly.

She just listened to the jazz music. It was Billy Holiday. Her song, "Georgia In My Mind."

It was like someone was playing it to MAKE her think of him. Make her think of their night at the coffee house, listening to Martie, talking. Hearing that soulful voice and muted trumpet sent chills down her back, through her arms and legs, to her toes and fingers.

"Yeah I'm fine." She spoke with a raspy voice and turned to re-enter her apartment.

They hadn't done much that night. They hadn't got to know TOO much about each other.

Yet she realized now how much tension and attraction had been there. How much they wanted, and needed each other.

And now he was gone.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story