Justin pulled into the parking lot of Alex's apartment. He scanned the lot, searching for his mom. She wasn't there yet.

"Damn..." He muttered to himself and continued driving, right on out of the parking lot.

"Umm, Justin? That was my apartment building ya know?"

"Do you mind if I go fill up my tank. The little light has been flashing the whole way here."

"Uhh, sure." Alex said skeptically.

Justin smiled at his cleverness and rode 2 streets down to the gas station. He parked in front of the pump and opened the door. "I'll do it J."

"Hey, thanks man." Justin said to Mike who stepped out of the car and proceeded to fill up Justin's gas tank.

Justin sighed and relaxed into his seat. "Justinnn I have to go."

He turned around to look at his brother who was sitting there with a pained expression. He sighed, "All right, c'mon."

"I'll take him." Scott offered. Alex turned around and glared at her brother.

"Ya sure?"

"No problem. Come on, Jon." Scott opened the door and took Jon to the bathroom.

Alex caught his smug grin as he walked by the front of the car.

"Ugh, ass." She mumbled.

"That's not nice, Lexia." Justin spoke in a smooth voice. She turned to him.

-I cannot believe that little prick left me in here with him. -

"How was your holiday?" He asked turning and looking at her lazily.

"Fine, yours?" She pretended to pick off lent from her comfy stretch pants. Anything to avoid his eyes.

"It was nice." He continued to stare at her. Memorizing her every move and feature.

She groaned and looked up at him. "We need to talk, don't we?"

A sly smile slid slowly across his face. "About what?"

"Well, the umm...you know." She started to blush and turned her head towards the window, away from him.

As if she had done something wrong he grabbed her chin and forced her to look back at him. "What do we need to talk about Lexia?"

His voice was low, almost a growl. His eyes were baring into her own. "The kiss." She whispered meekly.

-This'll get her. -

His hand dropped from her chin and he looked at her puzzled. "What kiss?"

Her jaw literally dropped.

"What kiss? Well, umm, you don't remember, after the coffee house?"

He shook his head nonchalantly. "Nope."

She glared at him and her nostrils flared. "Well then let me refresh your memory!! After we got coffee from the cafe my car wouldn't start you took me home and walked me to the door. We said goodbye and I left and you told me to wait and I came back and you kissed me. Then I pulled away and left you."

He smiled at her agitated voice. This was what he wanted to hear. "I don't know WHAT you are talking about. You must have dreamed it."

"How DARE you say that."

"Lexia, I don't remember kissing you. I have a girlfriend. I'm sorry. I mean, I know it's a little hard to resist me, but I'm sorry, I cant. I am flattered that you would consider me that way. But with Britney and Jon and the fact that you just aren't my type and I'm not attracted to you, AT ALL. Just no. OK?"

His voice was mocking and made her feel cheap and used. She couldn't believe she had fallen for...

"You asshole. You arrogant, uncaring, asshole." She narrowed her eyes.

"Lexia, that's NOT nice." He turned and looked at Mike who had walked into the store to pay for the gas. Scott and Jon were walking out the doors.

"Shut the hell up!" She yelled at him. He turned to her with wide eyes.

"Damn girl. Chill-"

"I SAID SHUT THE HELL UP! OR do you not understand that? Maybe this will work." She paused and at that moment she felt like punching him. "Shut the FUCK up!"

His eyes closed and he took in a breath. His jaw clenched.

-Damn it, Timberlake. You weren't supposed to make her hate you. Way to screw up, idiot. -

He opened his eyes and saw that her gaze was fixated on the road outside her window. Her body was titled away from him.

Just then, Scott, Jon and Mike reentered the car.

"All right, we are all set." Mike said, as they were all strapped in the car.

Justin looked at her once more and started the engine and pulled out of the station.

They pulled back up to the parking lot in silence. Justin saw that his mom was there and smiled. Maybe this would brighten her day some. He parked his car and she immediately got out. She pulled her keys out of her pocketbook and walked quickly to the building.

"Hey, Lex? We kinda need our bags." Scott yelled at her.

"I got a migraine. Just bring them up will you?" She called with an attitude and continued her stalk towards the door of her building. She opened it and walking in the building.

Justin shot a glance to his mother who had gone unnoticed and looked at everyone else. "Wait here."

He sprinted to the doors and opened them. HE ran up the steps and to her hallway. He walked to her doorway and saw it was cracked opened. He pushed it further open and still didn't see her. He stepped in.

"Lexia?" He called.

"GO AWAY JUSTIN!" She called from her bedroom. He sighed and walked over to her bedroom.

She was laying on her side, curled up in the fetal position clutching a pillow.

He slowly walked to the bed and sat down on the edge, looking at her. "I'm-"

"Save it." She interrupted him.

He got off her bed and knelt down on the floor looking at her face. She sniffed. He brought his hand up to wipe away the tears he had caused. She rolled over before his fingers came in contact with her skin and faced the other way.

"Lexia, I'm sorry about what I said. I didn't mean it. I don't know why I said it. I wanted some type of reaction, but I don't know why. I didn't want this. I'm sorry. I do remember that kiss. And the fact that I do and the fact that it happened and I cant forget it, bothers me." She looked back at him and saw that his eyes stared into hers.

"You aren't lying." She whispered.

He stood up and looked at her lying on the bed. "I know I'm not. But what I said about the other stuff is true. I cant- I cant do this with you. I have a girlfriend and I don't think its good for us to, do anything, and with you being Jon's baby-sitter. We aren't- We don't- I don't know, Lexia. But this just cant happen, OK?"

She sat up and nodded. "I know."

"OK, then. Friends?"

She looked at him shook her head. "I can't do that. It will be too hard for me. You're the first- I don't know my feelings for you just yet Justin. And I think it would be best if I just, not be around you much."

"But-"

"Justin I barely know you. And you barely know me. Just, let it go. Let me go. If I have to let you go, you have to do the same."

He sighed. "You're right."

They were both silent for a while.

She sniffed and turned to him. "Did I see your mom out there?"

He returned the smile. "I don't know, did you?" He nodded to the door. "There's a surprise for you out there, Lexia."

Her eyes brightened and she sprinted out the door and down the hallway.

Justin stood there, in her bedroom and ran a hand through his hair. "I'm an idiot. I'm a FREAKIN idiot." He turned to walk out of her doorway but turned back and walked over to the bed. He picked up her pillow and brought it to his face, burying himself in it. He loved her smell. It was so...

"Damn..." He groaned and closed his eyes. He gently placed the pillow back where he found it and left her bedroom and apartment. He walked down the steps and out into the parking lot.

He heard a scream. A girl's scream. A loud, blood curling, scream from Alex.

He turned and saw her, collapse in Mike's arms.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story