An hour later

Sweat poured off the young mans forehead as he tried desperately to keep up with his opponent. It didn't help that the two cheerleaders on the sidelines weren't for him. It didn't help his ego that he was a little taller than his enemy.

It made him sick that it was his sister.

It was winter. But it was Florida. The temperature was a nice 65 and it was sunny.

Jon and his friend Billy were sitting on picnic table beside the half court with a CD player. They were being refs, calling in Alex's favor everytime and making sure the right music was playing.

Alex had two "b-ball CDs" which had just music you would listen to if you were playing basketball.

The score was 56 to 37.

Alexandria checked her brother and then pivoted around him and stole the ball, jogging up for an easy lay-up.

"THAT'S 58 BABY!" She rooted and giggled at her brother laying on the pavement letting a waterbottle empty itself on his face.

"You are such a wimp. Come on, Scottie!! You said it yourself, first to 60. You got LOTS of catching up to do." She dribbled the ball around his head, moving it in-between her legs. She twirled it on her pointer finger as he looked up at her.

"I forfeit."

She pouted. "No fair. You HAVE to finish. It's a Smith tradition. You start something, you FINISH it." She was growling now.

Alex was a complete 180 when it came to basketball.

She was an ANIMAL.

And she was good. REAL good. No, she was AMAZING.

She didn't play regular basketball, she played street ball. She could compete with the best NYC had to offer. She was a 'baller'.

Scott pushed himself off the ground with a moan and wiped himself off. "OK, lets hurry up and get this over with..."

--------

"Hey, whose car is that?" Chris asked his younger counterpart.

"Oh my gosh, what's SHE doing here?" Justin said aloud, pulling into his mother's house.

"Who's SHE?" Chris laughed turning down the radio.

"Lexia, Jon's baby-sitter."

"OHHHH the girl you cheated on Britney with and can't stop thinking about."

"CHRIS! That is confidential. And I didn't cheat on her! It was just a quick kiss. I told you to leave that in my game room. No one else knows. Got it?"

"Yeah, just saying. I can't wait to meet her." His smile was evil and secretive.

Justin parked his car behind her jeep. "Chris don't embarrass me. OK? And the other guys are here too, so DONT let on that you know anything. They'll get pissed. You know how they are."

"I know. I'll be good, mommy." Chris rolled his eyes and got out of the car. A black jeep much like the one in front of Justin's car parked behind them. And out rolled the other Nsync members.

"So, what exactly are we doing today?" Joey yawned and stretched.

"Going over song ideas. Just us. Nobody else. Just Nsync. All the while we play some basketball." Lance said positioning his sunglasses over his eyes.

"Yeah, Lance, you got the SKILLZ don't ya?" Joey said sarcastically as Lance gave him the evil eye.

JC got out of the driver's seat and eyed the Jeep in front of Justin car. "Who's Jeep is that?" He pointed to it.

"Alexandria's." Chris said dramatically.

"Jon's baby-sitter." Justin corrected and led them towards the front door.

As they walked towards the porch a horrific yell was heard. Lance turned to Justin. "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know." Justin said pushing through his bandmates and cautiously walking around the garage to the backyard where the noise had come from. The rest of Nsync followed him. They stopped when Justin halted and carefully walked beside him and saw the scene in front of them.

---

"SCOTT SMITH! You will pay!" Alex said stepping on her brothers stomach who was lying on his back, laughing. Her tennis shoe pushed further down and made him wince as she leaned over to get closer to him. Jon and Billy turned up the music, giggling at the two siblings fighting.

"OK, Lex, I wont pop you bra strap anymore."

"EXACTLY! You know that's against the rules. I play street ball, but that doesn't mean you can cheat, Double S." She sighed using his basketball nickname she had for him.

"OK, OK!" He said pushing her foot off of him and standing up. "Now where were we?" His eyes narrowed.

She passed him the ball. "Check." Her voice was stern and almost venomous.

"Yo, vanilla kick it one time, booooyyieee." The CD player said.

Alex smiled evilly as 'Ice Ice Baby' came through the backyard. Scott passed the ball back to her and bent down to attack at her first move.

"Wow, you never said she was FINE!" JC stared as Alex bent slightly and started dribbling the ball.

"WHEW! Back that ass up." Joey laughed and slapped hands with Lance.

Justin rolled his eyes but smiled softly at Lexia and her brother.

Alex contemplated what her move would be. She watched as her brother's eyes flinched to look behind her and she jumped at the opportunity and dribbled around him on the right and ran up to make a quick lay up.

"Oh hey, JUSTIN!" Scott yelled.

The ball rounded the rim and tilted outward and bounced on the pavement and began to roll off the court. Alex watched it.

-I can't believe I just missed that, all because...- The ball was stopped by a white Nike tennis shoe.

Her eyes quickly traveled up the length of the owner of that shoe. "You were off balance, that's why your shot failed."

Immediately, she was insulted. No one tells her how to play.

Her eyebrow slowly raised and she stared at him as Justin bent down to pick the ball up and tossed it to her brother.

"So what's that Jon? 40 to 58?" Scott giggled.

"That last basket didn't count when you popped my bra." Her eyes were still on Justin as she spoke to her brother.

"She's right!" Jon nodded and waved at Justin with Billy.

Justin ignored him and stared at Lexia. "These are the guys. Joey, JC, Chris, and Lance."

She nodded to them but kept her eyes locked with Justin. They narrowed slightly and she started walking towards her brother, not breaking her stare.

She finally grabbed the ball from her brother who scoffed and rolled his eyes. He then decided to introduce himself to the 4 guys there. Alex walked up to Justin. She tilted her head to the side and spun the ball on her middle finger. "Are you telling me how to play Timberlake?"

"Maybe. Maybe not." He licked his lips slowly with a confident grin.

"I don't LIKE it when people tell me how to play." Her voice sounded like steel. Couldn't break it for anything.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. I HATE it."

"Well, you weren't doing it right." He smiled brightly when her face turned red with anger.

"Oh, you BETTER step up to this challenge. You and me, one on one, RIGHT now."

"Actually, the guys and me came here to play a little ball, ourselves. And since there 5 of us we need an extra player." He spoke calmly as if asking her to join them.

Her face turned to a slight smile. "Scott, you wanna play with us?" Justin asked staring at Alex smiling confidently when her face contorted to look like she would explode.

"Fine." She whispered then chest passed the ball to him. It was such a quick and forceful pass; Justin lost his balance had to step back in order not to fall.

She had walked away about 5 steps when she turned on her heel and smiled. "I got a proposition."

"And what's that?" He asked curious to know what she was going to say.

"The Smith's versus Nsync. Me and Scott against you 5. Loser has to buy the pizza after the game."

"I don't really think that's fair, Lexia. I mean, 2 to 5. And not mention your well..." He laughed and looked at the other members of his band before turning back and looking her up and down.

"I'm WHAT?" She growled.

"You're a girl." His eyes came back up to connect with hers and he shrugged.

"Oh that just makes me want to kick your asses even more."

"LEXY!" Jon yelled in shock. "Sorry Jon, you know how I get with Basketball."

"Yeah, its OK. Billy and me are going to go inside to get a snack. We will be back later." Jon led Billy back into the house.

"So, you up for it?" She asked the guys, finally breaking her staring contest with Justin and looking at the other members. They all shrugged not wanting to go up against the fireball they saw in front of them.

Scott ran up to her and mumbled in her ear. "I know you are good. And I know I am good. But Lex think about this, 2 to 5? I know you don't care about pizza. But think about your pride."

She turned to her brother. "Think about this, Scott. How long have we been playing together?" She grabbed his elbow and walked with him slowly away from the other guys who were getting ready for the game conversing and taking off shirts to leave them in wifebeaters and undershirts.

"Since we both could pick up a ball."

"Exactly. We know street ball. We have skillz. We are a team. We know each other's moves. We've been playing together for almost 12 years. They've been a group for 5. We can take them. Just don't let them intimidate you. We got them. I hear Timberlake is pretty good. But he ain't got jack crap on me. You know that."

Scott shook his head. "You are so cocky about this."

She shrugged. "But you are DAMN good." She smiled at that comment.

"So..." She questioned him and he smiled and nodded. "Let's show them losers how to play Smith style. Or better yet, lets show them how to LOSE Smith style."

She slapped hands with him and brought him into a hug with their hands clasped. "And one more thing, if all else fails, we will bring out the secret weapon."

Scott pulled away, looking at her strangely. She smiled. "What's the 3 things I have out here that no one else does?"

Scott looked confused then his eyes widened with realization. "You don't mean..."

"Legs, Hips, and Breasts. Gotta love being female." She wiggled her eyebrows and turned back towards the other guys.

"What are we playing to?" She asked sweetly, too sweetly.

"Well, I would say, to make it FAIR, if yall get to 30 before we get to 50, you win." Justin smiled smugly, twitching his noise.

"Oh hell no, first to 50. We aren't changing the rules. FIRST. TO. 50." She roared. Her voice echoed and sent chills down every guy out there's spine.

Blackstreet's "No Diggity" came on the CD and she sauntered up to the 5 men standing there with her hips swinging to the beat. Their mouths open. Her brother grinned knowingly, following her.

She slowly, with wide eyes, took the ball from Joey who was practically drooling. "Ready to play boys?"

They all nodded in a daze.

Her red tank top clung to her, drenched in sweat. Her hair, in a ponytail was whipping around her face. "Whew, it's hot." She breathed, dribbling the ball.

Somehow she took one hand and pulled the tank over her head, still dribbling. She switched hands she was dribbling with, removed the shirt from that arm and tossed it to the grass, surrounding the court. She dribbled the ball and bit and bent her knees and shot the ball, flipping her wrist. It swooshed in the net and bounced back to her. She picked it up and swiftly turned around, facing the guys there. They all stared at her. Her black Adidas pull-away pants, which had come, unbuttoned on the sides at places and gave them teases of her surprisingly tan and toned legs. Her stomach was tiny and fit with a slight indention of her abs. Her white with pastel stars sports bra had a low cut neck and showed off a bit of cleavage. She tucked the ball in-between her knees and pulled her hair out of her rubber band and shook it, running her hands through it torturously, closing her eyes.

Justin's eyes narrowed. He knew what she was trying to do.

It was working. She looked, HOT. He smiled at her, subconcoutiously.

-Damn, I want that. -

After pulling her hair up into a better ponytail, she smiled and tossed the ball lightly to JC.

It hit his chest and bounced off. She giggled and winked at them.

"Ready to start fellas?" She licked her lips at the 5 guys still staring at her.

Alex tried not to laugh. -This will be easier than I thought. -



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story