"Double S!!!" A female screamed in a voice that was lower than normal.

"I'm trying, I'm trying." Was the response?

Two bodies were pressed against each other. It looked like a dance. The one in front was trying desperately to get away. She pivoted and faked, but he was all over her. Every time she turned there he was.

She knew Justin was good but Chris was a surprise. He was shorter than her too!!!

Alex saw her brother had managed to get away from the guard of Justin and JC and she sang loudly. "Over the river...." She faked throwing the ball over Chris. He reached and she bounce passed it between his legs to Scott. She looked up at Chris's shocked expression and smiled. "..and through the woods." She looked over his shoulder just in time to see her brother make a jump shot.

"HELL YEAH!!" Scott yelled.

Alex jogged up to him and gave him a high five, walked on and pulled on his shirt as he did the same with her and they turned around and walked the opposite way. It was one of the "smith victory dances" they had done the whole day that none of the Nsync guys understood.

"Come on, let's finish this!!" Justin yelled at the two.

Alex turned around and gave him an amused look. She leaned to the side and giggled. "How's the kool-aid, Lance?"

Lance glared at her. He was sitting on the picnic table. The game had been 'too intense' for him. He was now a 'cheerleader' with Jon and Billy.

Chris sighed. "Man, I'm too old for this. I'm going to call it quits."

"Chris, come on man, we are killing them." JC said begging.

Alex cleared her throat. "Excuse me, umm the score is 46 to 44, that's not killing ANYTHING."

Justin came behind her and whispered in her ear. "But it's still winning."

She smiled sweetly at Joey who was looking at them and elbowed Justin in the ribs. As he clutched his side, Joey laughed.

"You know what? I like this girl." He smiled, pointing to her.

"Thanks, Joe." She smiled and looked at the remaining players. "Let's get on with this nitty gritty, PLAYAS!"

"Lexia, you got problems." Justin shook his head and stood out side the court on the grass. He held the ball over his head and slapped it with one hand. Scott guarded JC and Alex had a good hold on Joey.

"Guess, I'll do this myself." Justin mumbled, beginning to dribble the ball slowly. Alex caught his movements but kept her eye on Joey as well. Scott was keeping JC from doing anything.

Justin thought about his next move. He smiled when he got a plan. He started jogging towards Alex and Joey to make a lay up, when Alex left Joey to go for him, he pivoted to the other side and ran up to make a lay up. The ball was about to leave his fingertips when Alex ran up and began tugging on his mesh basketball shorts. The ball went up but bounced off the rim.

"NO FAIR!" Justin slapped her hands away before she could pull his shorts down and she just giggled.

"That DOES not count!" He yelled, trying not to be amused at her innocent expression.

"Exactly, you didn't make a basket." She smiled smugly at him and he pouted.

"OK, Scott take this bitch out." Alex yelled at Scott picking up the ball and tossing it to him. He picked it up and took it out to the grass.

"Ohh yeah." Lance and Chris yelled turning up the CD player as Aeromith's and Run DMC's "Walk this way" came on.

Scott looked on as Justin was all up on top of Alex blocking her from doing anything. He smiled, at the permanent smile on Justin face and Alex's determined face. Justin obviously was enjoying being that close to her. And Scott knew Alex normally would to. But Alex was a different person when it came to basketball. Nothing could keep her from losing her cool.

Scott sighed and began dribbling the ball, as soon as he did; Joey and JC were on him as well. He tried breaking free. But it didn't work.

"LEX! SECRET WEAPON!" He yelled.

"What's the secret weapon?" JC asked still guarding him; Joey was now guarding Alex along with Justin.

Alex smiled and ran as fast as she could away from them. Of course they caught up but she was farther away from the basket, which was beneficial in the "secret weapon."

Justin was behind her, his arms waving all around. She smiled and pressed her hips firmly to his. His eyes shot wide at how she was closely pressed to 'him' and he tried to back away but she kept backing up towards him. She finally got it so she was close to the boundary. She gave him a little push with her butt and he stepped out of bounds. She then ran forward. Her brother still struggling with JC. Joey was now on top of her. She smiled.

Joey was behind her, much like Justin was. She pivoted and turned and licked her lips, her face inches from his. "She told me to...WALK THIS WAY." She sang breathlessly, close to him.

She had seen the way Joey had been staring at her the whole game. It was about time for some pay back.

He stared at her lips as she leaned in. Then she took her hands placed them on his chest and pushed slightly. He stepped back and she made her move.

Scott pivoted around JC, threw her the ball. She caught it and started dribbling towards the basket. Her dribbling began longer and her running faster. She was five feet from the basket and she leaped in the air.

All 6 guys stared at her like Michael Jordan was there, flying through the air in slow motion.

She let out an animalistic growl and slammed the ball into the basket with a dunk. Her hands caught the rim and the ball fell on her thighs and bounced back to the pavement. She held onto the rim as it started to bend down with her weight. Using all her arm muscle she pulled herself up in a pull up on the rim and when the rim looked like it might break she let go and landed on the ground, knees bent. She stood up right and turned back to the guys. She smiled and picked up the basketball, spinning it on her finger.

"Butter baby." She said.

"How- what- oh my!" JC stuttered.

"I have never seen a girl dunk before." Joey said amazed.

Justin stared at her as she smiled at him. "DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"

"Ditto." Lance and Chris agreed nodding slowly in a daze.

Scott walked over and picked his sister up and spun her around. "That's the Smith in ya, sis." She smiled and laughed at him.

"That WAS rather good." She looked at her brother nodding.

"Oh yeah, and I love the way you literally, 'butted' Justin out of bounds." He giggled.

Alex tilted her head to the side as if thinking and turned to look at Justin. "Yeah, that was fun."

"Hey Joey, walk THIS way." Scott chuckled with Alex soon following.

"46 to 46. Now THIS is a game!" Alex yelled. "And to think, its 2 against 5 and.." She gasped and pointed to herself with wide eyes. "...I'm a GIRL!" She mocked being astonished before rolling her eyes.

"Come on guys, its almost over with." Scott giggled and grabbed the ball from his sister.

"All right." Justin walked back onto the court with JC following him. JC turned around. "Joey lets play."

"Nuh uh. She's evil." Joey pouted, pointing to Alexandria.

"Who? Me?" She said innocently.

"Yes, YOU!" Joey stomped over to the picnic table and grabbed a cup and the pitcher of kool-aid made by Lynn and poured him some.

"All right, now the game is fair." Alex smiled at Justin who looked less than happy.

"Our ball." He said without emotion.

After about a minute, Scott and Alex had beaten Nsync 50-46. After shaking hands with all the guys and not really doing too much gloating the competition was over.

"So, what do yall want on your pizza?" Lance asked with a red grin from the kool-aid.

"You want the usual?" Alex asked Scott he nodded. "Pepperoni, peppers, onions, and sausage. Oh, and get some breadsticks."

Scott sighed contently and looked at his sister. They nodded and gave each other some 'dap'. They spoke simultaneously. "WE be GRUBBIN'!"

They laughed and turned back to Nsync who was staring at them strangely. It caused them to laugh more.

Joey, Lance, JC, and Scott went inside to go order the food, with Chris following them with Jon and Billy attached to his legs.

Alex was putting her CDs back in the case and cleaning up the kool-aid cups when Justin came up and sat down on the bench of the table.

She looked down at him and smiled. "Good game." She spoke softly.

"Yeah, you uhh, wow." He sighed lifting the bottom of his shirt and wiping the sweat off his forehead. Alex tried not to look, but she couldn't help her eyes from wandering to his exposed skin. She bit her lip.

-Of COURSE he has a good body. Of COURSE. Why does he have to have a fine body? Why God? WHY? -

The shirt came down and she snapped her head back to the cups that were scattered on the table. Justin caught her blush and how her eyes had wavered away from him. He smiled knowingly.

"How did you learn to play like that? I mean, I've played all my life and I've never seen a girl OR guy play as fierce as you."

"Well, my dad had me shooting hoops as soon as I could walk. 6 years ago I went to LA to spend summer with my aunt. She doesn't have any kids. It's just her and when she went to work I stayed with an African American family in her apartment building. They had a son my age and he had an older brother who was about 20 at the time. We went one day to see them play b-ball and I asked if I could play. They thought I was pretty good and I just picked up on their skillz."

"Wow. That's really cool. You're awesome out there."

"Yeah, its kinda funny. I'd be out on the courts and I was the only white girl out there. Actually I would be the only white person out there. I went back there every summer until college. And I just got better and better. It was great. I'd be out there just smothering all these 6'5, 180 lb. black guys. They'd be SO mad a white chick beat them. I had so much fun picking on them."

Justin smiled at how she talked. It was like when she talked about weather. She got a passion in her eyes and a whistfulness in her voice. He sighed and looked down at his hands. "Lexia, can we PLEASE be friends? I know you said it's easier this way. But, even though I did LOSE, I had an amazing time with you today. I know things are kinda confusing, but I want- I need your friendship."

"Justin, I don't know." Alex sighed and turned her head to look away from him.

"Just think about it. OK? I'm going to be here in Florida all spring and well; Jon is going to want to do things with you and with me. He kept bugging me this past week if you could tag along. And I hated killing the boy's spirits. I- I just want you to know that if you need to get out or want to do something, I'll be around."

She looked at him, staring at his hands in his lap. He slowly brought his head back up to her and their eyes locked. She nodded slowly. "OK. Thanks."

"Sure." He smiled and nodded to the house. "And there are 4 other freaks that I think have taken a liking to you too."

Alex rolled her eyes and walked back towards the house with the used paper cups in her hands. "I don't see how you 5 stay out of trouble when you are all cooped up in a bus together."

Justin smiled and ran up behind her poking at her exposed sides. She jumped and dropped the cups. "Who says we stay out of trouble?" He stuck out his tongue and ran into the house, leaving her there with a pile of cups at her feet.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story