Next day, around 2 in the afternoon

"All right, what's this one?" Alex asked, holding up a picture of a certain constalltion to Jen.

"Duh, thats that Orion thing, everyone knows THAT one. Get some harder ones." Jen giggled.

Alex didnt respond though, she just gave a blank stare at the wall behind Jen. Jen finally waved a hand infront of her face. "Hello? Alex?"

Finally she snapped out of it and cringed. "Sorry, I spaced out."

Jen nodded slowly. "Uhhh yeah, may I ask why."

"Nothing, that song just reminded me of something." She said softly switching the flash cards. Jen just gave her a strange look and continued on, wondering the meaning behind Shaggy's "Angel".

They hand been at Alex's apartment ever since lunch, studing for a big Astrology test they had the next day. Alex's parents were still in town, they were going to spend the day shopping on their own, since Alexandria had school. The night before Alex had left with her parents from Lynn's by given Justin the evil stare, but it turned into a giggle, and they were both laughing.

Lately, she just hadnt been able to get mad at the boy.

Another 30 minutes passed and they were both tired of studying. "Well, I guess I need to go. I got an English paper to write, too!" Jen groaned, flopping back on Alex's couch.

"Ok, thats cool. But if you need any more help, feel free to call." Alex stood up and stretched and Jen followed her actions, grabbing her bookbag and jacket.

"Thanks Lex." She spoke walking to the door.

Alex opened it for her. "Sure thang. See ya later."

"Bye." Alex shut the door and walked over to her couch and sat down and turned on the radio, smiling when she heard the 80s hit, "I just died in your arms tonight."

"I, I just died in your arms tonight, must have been something you said..." She lightly sang along and swayed her hips as she cleaned up her books and papers. Something flashing out of the corner of her eyes got her attention and she turned to it, to see her answering machine flashing. She had turned off the ringer on her phone and turned down the volume of the machine while they were studying.

She shrugged and went over to see she had one message. She pressed play.

Someone cleared their throat and spoke. "Hey Lexia, its Justin. Can you call me back on my cell as soon as you get this. I might not be able to answer the phone, but just leave a message. I got ask you somehting important. Ok? Thanks. Bye."

Alexandria, sat down on one of her chairs around her kitchen table and stared at the phone and answering machine resting on the counter top behind the table. His voice could make her smile and giddy, scared and unsure, and thoughtful and emotional. Slowly, after picturing him in her mind she got up and walked behind her cabinent to a drawer that held her phone book and other junky stuff. She pulled out her adress book and scanned for the number to his cell phone that Lynn had given her for emergencies. She picked up the phone, and dialed the number as she walked over to her stereo and shut it off. After 4 rings someone picked up.

"Hello?" The voice was deep and unfamilar, Alex was scared she had gotten the wrong number.

"Umm, is Justin there?" She asked quietly.

The voice grew very stern. "Who IS this?"

"Alexandria Smith." She almost felt like saying 'sir.'

"Alex eh? How ya been you fine-ass girl?"

Alex's eyebrowed merged. "Who IS THIS!?!"

She heard a loud chuckle that sounded slightly familiar. "It's Lonnie."

"Ohh, hey Lonnie, you scared me!"

"It's what I do best. But, uhh, Justin is busy right now, he, well hold on..." She heard in the background Lonnie yelled. "Joe, tell Justin Alexandria is on the phone." After a few minutes, a new voice came through the line.

"Hey, Lex, its Joey. Justin is talking with Wade right now."

"what?" Alex was confused.

"Ohh, we are practicing for the superbowl things right now in Tampa, Jusitn is talking with our choreogrpaher."

"Ohh yeah! I forgot you guys were doing the halftime show. OH MY GOSH, is Aeorsmith there?!?"

"Yeah, Steven Tyler is like 10 feet away from me, hehe." Joey giggled and Alex almost screamed. "That is SOO awesome."

"Yeah, hey, are you coming Tuesday?"

"Coming where?"

"Me and Justin's Birthday blash." Joey spoke enthusiastically.

"Umm, no, I dont think-"

"Here's Justin." Joey interupted her. "Good talking, bye."

Before Alex got out a goodbye for Joey, Justin's voice filled her head, and she immediately smiled. "Lexia...Hey."

"How are you, Justin?" Her voice had became softer, milder, gentler, loving.

"I'm fine. Lexia I got a big favor to ask you."

"Sure, go ahead."

"Ok, well my parents are going out of town this next week, and I'm supposed to look after Jon. But me and Joey are having this big birthday party next Tuesday. I'll be twenty."

"Good for you." Alex chuckled at how happy and proud he seemed.

"Yeah, so I kinda need a babysitter for Jon Tueday and Wednesday. Do you think that will be a problem?"

Alex sighed to herself. For a moment she thought that he was going to ask her to the party. But she had been wrong. She had gotten her hopes up, and all for nothing, they were shattered to tiny bits and pieces. Why would he invite her anyway? They werent THAT close. She was a babysitter, college student, Lab intern, but certainly not a good friend of Justin Timberlake's. It was like forbidden territory, how DARE she think she could have been friends with him, how DARE she.

"All right, I guess Jon could just stay at my place, if thats ok." She said, disappointment evident in her voice.

"Why would he stay there? He could just stay at the babysitters house or mom's house or MY house. Why would you loan your apartment like that?" His voice was micheivios, and she knew he was up to someting.

"Wait a minute. If I'm going to babysit Jon, why cant he stay at MY house."

Justin chuckled loudly in the phone. "Lexia, you cant babysit him that night."

"And why not!?!" She was getting a little peeved. He better not be riding her of her babysitting duties.

"Becuase YOU have a huge party to attend to, and you BETTER be there!"

Alex's mouth dropped. "But you said you needed-"

"I said I need a babysitter, but that doesnt mean I want YOU to babysit. I'm asking you to help me FIND a babysitter, since you will be preocupied, and Jon doesnt trust himself with many people. And frankly I dont trust many people with Jon either. So, I need your help, since you will be, well, occupied at that moment."

Alex's smile crept on to her face at his sexy words. "Call Nancy Torks, she is the childrens director at our church, she's babysitted for him before, and Jon likes her."

"Do you have her number?"

"Yeah, its somewhere around here. Hold on a second." Alex put the phone to her chest and sighed a breath of relief and let a smile come to her face. She bit her lip and shook her head trying not to scream. He was inviting her to his party, and she was SO estatic. She knew Mrs. Torks number by heart, but just needed a break to endulge in this moment.

"Ok, its 658-2396. Got that?"

"Yup, thanks Lexia, this means a lot."

"I just cant believe you lead me on like that, and I cant belive I'm actually invited." She felt giddy, light headed, wonderful.

"Well why WOULDNT you be invited? By the way, dont take this the wrong way, but if you want to invite Jen along. You probably wont know a lot of people besides the guys, so it might be good if you have someone there you actually know. Plus, I'd love to introduce her to the guys."

"All right, I'll have to make sure she doesnt go crazy with all the popstars that I bet will be showing up. Um, where is it at?"

"Ohh, at Club Georgio's in downtown Orlando."

"Oh my God! That is serious VIP, as we called it at Tidal Wave. Well, what do yoo expect from a boyband memeber."

"Hey now, watch it." He played along.

"I'm just playing, so like Tuesday sometime during the night?"

"Yup. I mean since its me AND Joey's birthday its going to be bumpin'. Joey knows everyone in their brother, so..." He trailed off into a light laugh.

"All right, well I cant wait."

"Me either, if I dont talk to ya before then, then I guess I'll see ya there." His voice was airy and sexy and Alex tried not to groan into the phone.

"Ok, and I'll be sure to watch the superbowl thing." She said.

"You do that. And one more thing Lexia..."

"YES!?" She cringed herself for sounding too excited.

He chuckled a moment. "Wear something really sexy for me for my brithday, thats the only present I'll need. Later."

The phone clicked off and Alexandria stared down at it and then slouched down in her chair, breathing heavily, and sighing. "He has GOT to stop doing that!!!"

----------

January 30th, 8:38 pm

Alex peered out of the passenger side window of her Jeep, leaning over to smile at Jen who was hoping down the steps that led up to her dorm on the UCF campus.

Jen opened the door and got in beaming at Alex. "THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!" She screamed. Both girls squealed in delight. Tonight was going to be a night of pampering, celebrities, and a lifestyle neither of them have ever experienced.

"You look GOOD!" Alex beemed, showing all her teeth to Jen who was dressed in a short tiger print skirt, and a black halter top. Her hair was down and curly and her makeup was sparkly.

"Girl, Britney better watch out tonight!!" Jen responded, looking over Alex who had her hair up in a bun, with whisps around her face, her makeup was smoky, her lips a bright shade of red. And her dress was a very short, tight, plain, high neck like, sleevless black dress that showed off her figure perfecftly.

"You ready?" Alexandria said excitedly.

"LETS GO!!!"



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story