Alex and Jen stepped out of her Jeep that was parked in a space near the back of the building. There were so many cars and limos and people there. They both nervously walked to the front of the building where there was a huge line of people waiting to get in. Alex was becoming almost sick with butterflies. She wanted to be there, desperately, but she had a feeling something was going to happen. And she didn't know if that was a good thing or not.

They filed behind the large line being marked off by a red, velvet rope. "This is crazy!" Jen beamed.

"Yeah.." Alexandria said quietly.

Jen's eyebrows connected. "Are you ok?"

She plastered on a fake smile. "Ohh yeah." Before Jen could interrogate further a large, black man with a tight black shirt and black pants on and with a baldhead caught their attention. He was making his way towards them, stopping and asking people for their names. He came to Alex.

"Name, please?"

"Alexandria Smith." Her voice quivered. The man looked over his clipboard, flipped a page and his eyes light up. "Yes, Miss Smith, right this way."

"Ok, she's with me." Alex grabbed Jen's arm so they wouldn't get separated and followed the man into the booming, sweaty, expensive, awesome club, ignoring the people in line yelling at them.

Both girls were just in awe. The music was loud and bumping, lights everywhere, people dancing, drinking, laughing, and having fun. Most of them were beautiful young people and Alex and Jen were stunned. The level they were on was where the tables and booths and exquisite statutes and plants were. A staircase led down to the dance floor, below them in a big open space.

"Ok, ladies, Mr. Fatone and Mr. Timberlake had you on their invite list so, have fun." The man spoke before turning and leaving them alone.

They both looked at each other and squealed. "Ok, ok, ok. We aren't teenyboppers! Not tonight!" Alex giggled.

"But look, oh my god, that's the Dream girls."

"Ohhh lordd." Alex groaned.

"This is SOO awesome Alex, thank you!!!"

"Thank Justin!"

"Where is the cutie?"

"Do I look like-" Alex stopped midsentence when she saw him, surrounded by girls, one particular blonde by his side as they all gyrated and grinded to the music.

Jen followed her gaze and nodded knowingly. "Well, I'm going to go get up on that. C-ya!" Jen pranced off to the dance floor.

"Jen don't....LEAVE...me.." But it was too late. Jen was gone and was in the mass of girls. Justin was now being block by all of them, so she couldn't see him anymore.

Alexandria just sighed, pulled her dress down to actually cover her thighs and looked around her, searching for someone she might be able to talk to. She searched and spotted the point of interest. As she stalked over to the bar, she hoped they weren't carding. She needed a buzz, FAST.

She thought to herself as her long legs flowed her there. -When did I start drinking so much!?-

She didn't even notice the eyes watching her as she past, or one figure get up and follow her. As she approached the bar, she noticed most people were just standing around waiting for their drinks. No one was actually sitting down. She decided to push her way through and sit right smack dap in the middle of all of them. But as soon as all the strong alcohol scent hit her, she began to feel queasy. It wasn't worth getting drunk that night. So when the bartender finally got to her, she just ordered a water.

Someone plopped down beside her, but she didn't look up, she just concentrated on the quickly melting ice in her glass. "I'll have was she's having." The man beside her said.

She looked up, "I'm having-" She noticed him. "...water. Hey, Lance."

"You are looking great, Lex!" He said checking her out. She just rolled her eyes. "You are too."

"This place is really rockin' eh?" Lance said, turning around slightly and admiring the large, exquisite club.

"Yeah it is, you boys sure know how to through a party."

Lance chuckled. "Baby this is small-scale compared to some."

Alex smiled as her and Lance talked about nothing too important. Just small chitchat. She was glad there was someone there she could talk to and not feel TOO out of place. But it was inevitable. She felt like she didn't belong there.

"All right, ladies and gents. A slow song was requested by birthday boy, Justin, so here ya go guys." The DJ said, from wherever he was located.

"Do you want to dance, Alex?" Lance asked, extending his elbow.

She giggled at his serious look. "I'd love to."

They walked down a large stairway that led down to the dance floor and maneuvered their way through the crowd. Lance took her hand in his and danced very professionally with her, lightly talking about all the people there.

Alex gasped when she caught Jen and Joey dancing together. Jen spotted them and they shuffled over to them.

"Hey, having fun?" Jen beamed in Joey's arms.

"Ohh yeah!" She winked at Lance who deeply chuckled, his adams apple bobbing.

"Jen this is Lance, Lance, Jen." The two of them exchanged hellos.

"LEXUS, damnnnnnn. You sure did dress...well, HELLO!" Joey spoke, unable to finish his statement with an intelligible word.

"Thanks." She smiled.

"Ohh, I kinda was able to dance with Justin, he said he was looking for you." Jen shrugged.

"Yeah, sure." She rolled her eyes. "I'm sure he had a search party out for me."

Jen looked at her strangely and just shrugged and was carried off by Joey. Alex sighed and continued dancing but something caught her eye. In the dark corner were Justin and Britney. They were dancing, but she could tell they were both very into the conversation they were having.

But she had never seen anyone look so beautiful in her life. She had never considered a man "beautiful" before, but he was exactly that. His leather pants, snugly fit to every inch of his lower half, while a bright blue, tight sleeveless T-shirt clung to his torso. His forehead was creased, and she didn't miss the frown on his face.

"Hey Alexandria, I'm not much of a dancer, so I'm going to go mingle all right?" Lance interrupted her and she hadn't even realized that the music was now a fast-paced techno scratch.

"Ohh, sure." She said still in her daze. People immediately surrounded her and she stood on her tiptoes to look over to see where Justin and Britney had been. But she only saw Britney, talking with some other girls.

She sighed and, rested back on her heels. "Looking for someone?"

Alex's breath caught in her throat and she slowly turned around to see Justin standing there with a cocky grin on his face.

She shook her head furiously. "N-No, not really."

She stared at his face as his eyes widened and took in the length of her. He even walked in a circle around her and came back to face her, closer than before.

"Happy Birthday to me." He muttered and smiled.

Alexandria didn't know what to do. Britney was near them, she felt guilty, and sneaky, yet she didn't care. And when he pulled her close so that she was right against his hard body, her thought process went out the door, and she didn't care who saw. She could feel him and smell him and almost taste him at the memories of their kiss.

"Will you dance with me Lexia?" His voice was a whisper and she looked up to see him leaning over to her ear, he pulled back and for a moment all that existed was them, staring into each others eyes. She didn't even speak, but he knew her answer. He wrapped his arms around her waist and made sure their bodies were completely touching as he grinded into her intimately.

She caught who she thought was Jen with JC and noticed both of them staring at them wide-eyed. She didn't notice how dirty or how close her and Justin were dancing, she was just moving with him. Reality hit her in their stares and she pulled back a little.

"Been drinkin tonight Timberlake?" She smirked, knowing she would get a positive answer back. And hopefully that would be the source of his straightforwardness.

"Nope!" He smiled and hers faded. "I want to be sure to remember this night. I'm 20 baby!" He rooted and Alex laughed, before he crashed her back into him. "And you aren't getting away from me so easy."

A techno version of Mandy Moore's "I wanna be with you" started and her and Justin continued having fun, dancing. She noticed a few whispers and stares, but knew that no one there knew her, so she didn't care. She just danced her butt off.

She couldn't help but smile, when another couple or dancer would come up and say something to Justin and he would introduce her as a "Good friend", every now and then putting an emphasis on "good."

When Joey strutted by he pulled Joey towards them and whispered something in his ear as he smirked at Alex. "What was that?" She asked.

He just ignored her and started doing the hammer, but she grabbed his arms to stop him and they both laughed and continued to grind.

A song or two later the DJ came over the speaker again. "All right, sorry to dampen the mood, AGIAN. But Timberlake wants another slow song, and who am I do disappoint the Birthday boy." Joe's "I wanna know" faded into the speakers and Alex tried to sneak away, this wasn't what she needed.

He grabbed her arm. "Please..." His eyes bore into hers. "Don't leave me."

The words came out helpless, almost desperate, and she let him win as he came over and slowly put his hand on her hip. Her hand was shaking as it accidentally brushed against the skin of his arm as she reached up to rest it on her shoulder. She thought he was just going to dance like normally with his hand in hers, but when he held her hand and rested it for her on his other shoulder, her eyes widen.

Then they fluttered shut as his free hand, tickled her back, sliding his fingertips to her neck and pressing down, for her to rest it on his shoulder. Her hands had long clasped together behind his neck.

She was in heaven and even closed her eyes as the essence of him filled her up. His hand slid down her spine and rested on the small of her back. Her eyes opened as she heard him singing, "I wanna know what makes you cry..."

He sang the song, and it seemed to be for her, but deep in her mind, she knew better. She felt the side of his head, rest against hers, and she could hear the song he was singing more clearly, he was singing in HER ear. He felt her jump when his hands slid down a little farther testing his boundaries and brushing against her rear end, before slowly making their way back to where they were supposed to be.

"I'm sorry Lexia. I can't control myself when you are around. I do things, I don't normally do. I say things that are idiotic. And all I seem to be able to do, is look at you, long to touch you, and..." He pulled away and she lifted her head to look into his eyes that were almost black. His hand came up to her cheek and he brushed the wisp of hair out of his way. His eyes traveled her face, her nose, cheeks, eyes, and settled on her lips. "...and I cant help but want- no, NEED to kiss you."

Alex gulped. His eyes were now closed, head slightly tilted, his face coming forward. And she wasn't stopping him. In fact, she was closing her eyes and moving in to meet him, to kiss him...

...at his 20th birthday party, with tons of important people around, and his girlfriend somewhere near by.

In fact, she was a whole lot closer than either of them thought. "Justin, we NEED to talk, NOW!." Was all Alex heard, and the next thing she saw, was Justin being dragged away from her by a famous pop princess.

He turned his head and winked at her, and she wondered how he always kept his cool resolve.

And she looked around her, not seeing a face she knew. And once again, she had been left alone.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story