Britney pushed people out of the line to the bathroom, not even caring about the people yelling at her. She went into the bathroom, waiting for people to get out and told them to find somewhere else. She slammed the door once everyone was out and locked it.

Her breathing was heavy, as she stayed turned toward the door. Finally, she collected herself and turned back around to see him standing right behind her. She couldn't control her hand that slapped across his cheek. He glared at her, as he held his cheek and moved to sit on the tile floor, finally bringing his head in his hands.

"What the hell did you think you were doing Justin?" Her voice was low, and deadly.

Justin didn't move or talk or anything. She was the last person he wanted to deal with. "Tell me, please. I need to know if this is just a little birthday present for yourself, thinking you might get some play tonight or something. I can't believe this. I just cant!" She paced the floor and gripped at her hair.

"Britney, you don't under-" He was interrupted.

"YOU ARE RIGHT! I DONT understand. Why Justin? I thought you were in love with me. You told me all the time. If you-" She stopped and watched as he, rested his head against the wall and slowly opened his eyes at her. "If you love me, why were you going to kiss her." Her voice was weak now, barely a whisper.

Justin turned his head so he didn't have to look at her. He knew exactly what had happen, but the last thing he wanted to do was hurt Britney.

Britney sighed and leaned back against the door. "You don't love me anymore do you?"

His voice was sure of itself. "Brit I will always love you."

"Yeah, but not in THAT way. You know what I mean."

The bathroom was quiet and they could only hear the booming bass coming from outside. "Are you in love with someone else Justin?"

His head snapped towards her at that comment and he just stared as a tear slipped down her face. "Just tell me, I've been expecting this for sometime now. I knew this would never work. We've both just been scared to be alone. But you've found someone haven't you? You are in love with someone." Her voice was quiet, but he knew she understood him.

He pushed himself off the floor and walked over to her, wrapping her in a hug as she cried into his chest. "I'm soo sorry, Brit. I didn't mean for it to happen, it just...did. I wasn't expecting this at all."

Her head moved against his chest in a nod. "I know, its ok. You can't help what your heart feels. Sorry I slapped you."

"It's ok. I kinda deserved it." He chuckled.

He pulled her away from him and rubbed his fingers under her eyes to stop the mascara from running. "Britney I've known you for so long, and nothing is going to come between our friendship, but I cant help what's happened between me and Lexia. It just....happened. I can't explain it."

"I know." She whispered. "It's your birthday Justin, go spend it with her."

His forehead wrinkled. "I don't want to leave you by yourself."

"You kidding me, there are some hot guys here tonight." She managed a small giggle and smiled.

He leaned down and left a lingering kiss on her forehead. "I'm sor-"

"Stop, don't be sorry for falling in love. Just promise me you'll be there to listen to me blab on when it happens to me."

He smiled brightly. "You know I'll be there."

"Go, have fun. And Justin?" She called as she was at the door, and turned to look at him.

"Happy Birthday." She smiled and winked before leaving him in the bathroom alone.

------

"Come on Alex, you have to tell me what that was about?!" Danielle and Chris were off to the side and they had seen everything that went on with Justin and Alex, and Britney. Danielle had rescued Alex from being alone and was trying to get her to talk and Chris was looking bored out of his mind.

Alex's voice raised over the loud music. "I do not. And I don't know what you are talking about. It was a misunderstanding."

Danielle crossed her arms over her stomach. "You just don't want to believe that Justin actually tried to kiss you."

"Whew you should have seen Britney's face, Justin's getting a BEAT DOWN!"

"SHUT UP CHRIS!" They both yelled. He rolled his eyes at them.

"Dani, I don't know WHAT is going on. But I can tell you one thing, I'm confused as hell about it." She sighed in defeat.

"Well, look who it is, maybe you won't be confused any longer." Chris pointed with his beer bottle to Britney, who was quickly walking out of the bathroom. She was coming towards them.

"Hide me." Alex said, cowered behind Chris.

Danielle speculated. "You are going to hide behind, elf boy?"

"No you didn't." He glared at his girlfriend. Alex couldn't help but giggle.

Britney walked past them, her eyes focused on Alexandria. Alex tried not to stare back but she couldn't help it. Britney had no expression on her face, but she didn't look happy. She twitched her mouth in a side grin and turned, swinging her hair over her shoulder and got lost in the crowd.

"Whew..." Alex breathed.

"Better watch it Lex, she might find out where you live. Yeah, she's sweet now, but she can be VICIOUS!" Chris animated his speech and Danielle smacked the back of his head. "Shut up, moron."

"I love you too." Chris gushed before Dani gave in and bumped hips with him.

"Well, there went Britney, where's J-" Danielle asked but stopped when she saw Alexandria staring off, towards the bathroom. They both looked where her gaze was, and saw Justin staring right back.

When he started, striding up to them, Danielle tugged on Chris's arm and they patted Alex's back saying goodbye and waving at Justin as he got closer. But neither of them responded.

Finally Justin reached Alex and just stood there, looking at her. He stared at her, moving his gaze over her body. She did the same with him. After what seemed like years, Justin actually took in a deep breath and when he exhaled he spoke. "heyyy..." It came out breathy.

"Hi." Hers came out short and quiet.

"We need to talk." She nodded in response and her eyes shyly went towards the floor.

His hand came up and lightly grabbed her chin, and lifted her head back to him. When their eyes locked, they were able to look deep inside each other, see and learn things they couldn't explain or describe. "Let's get out of here."

Alexandria smiled at him, raising an eyebrow insinuating his idea. "Ohh really?"

"To talk Lexia, where's your car parked?" His hand found her arm and slid down to her hand and clasped his with hers. Goosebumps raised on her arm where he had touched her. She looked down at them connected by the hands and then back up at his face. He was staring back with a huge smile. He winked and began walking away from the small corner they were in.

"It was parked in the back."

"Ok, well then we will go the back way." He walked swiftly back towards the bathroom area.

"What about Jen? Ohh crap. Hey, I'll be back, I'm going to try and find her. I'll be back in a sec." Alex pulled away from his grasp, and Justin just smiled as she quickly ran away, looking in every direction. He couldn't wait to get in that car and tell her everything he had been meaning to.

----

"Jen, THERE you are!" Alex said out of breath as she quickly walked over to Jen who was laughing in-between JC and some other guy she had never seen at a table.

"ALEX!! Come, sit, chat. This dude is soo funny." She said pointing to the guy Alex didn't know.

"I'm leaving."

"WHAT? It's only 12." Jen whined.

"Do you think you can call a cab or something? I hate to do this to you."

"I'll get her home." JC piped up.

"Thanks JC. I'm really sorry." Alex was over apologizing.

"Alex, chill. It's ok. Just, why are you leaving?" Jen asked concerned.

"Ohh, well me and Justin are leaving, ok? I'll see you tomorrow in class." Alex waved turning back around to run back to where Justin was.

"Well, well, well..." JC spoke, leaning back with an amused grin on.

"Man, I got Astrology tomorrow." Jen pouted and looked over a JC who just winked.

"Who cares? Justin and Alex. Ohh man, I wonder where Britney is." Jen realized and her eyes widened.

-----

"Sorry, it took forever for me to find them." Alex came up to him and sighed loudly.

He giggled. "It's ok. Everything cool?"

"Yeah, lets go." He grabbed her hand and pushed past people looking at them strangely that were going into the bathrooms and went down a dark hallway to a heavy metal door. He unlocked it, opened it, and the cool wind hit both of them, making them shiver.

"Dang, its cold. Where IS your car?" Justin said rubbing his arms. Alex grabbed his hand and pulled him with her to walk quickly to her Jeep. Justin smiled as Alex basically drug him towards her car; he was enjoying every minute of their hands intertwined. Finally they got to her Jeep, unlocked the doors and hopped in.

Alex turned the heat on full blast. "I thought this was Florida!" She giggled.

"ME TOO!" Justin yelled before they both laughed. As Alexandria backed out, Justin turned up her stereo and searched through her CDs for the one he want. He smiled and put one in and leaned back getting relaxed and putting on his seatbelt.

Alex narrowed her eyes at him. "What happened to your cheek?" She was concerned for it was very red.

"Ohh uhh.." He laughed nervously, lightly touching it. "I kinda got slapped. I'll explain later." She just nodded slowly.

"So where-" Alex stopped and looked over at him at the edge of the parking lot and turned to smile at Justin who was staring out of the window. "How did you know this was one of my favorite songs?"

He turned back to her and smiled brightly. "I don't know, I just like James Taylor and knew you said you did to. And I really like this song, it's relaxing."

"There something in the way she moves, or looks my way or calls my name..." Justin quietly sang looking at her.

She blushed and turned down the way. "...And I feel fine any time she's around me now, she's around me now, almost all the time...." He stopped and looking at her puzzled. "You know you do that a lot."

"What?" She asked, stopping at a stoplight.

"Blush. You do it all the time."

She giggled softly. "I'll be honest Justin, I DONT blush. Or I use not to. But you make me blush for some reason."

Justin smiled boyishly and gasped when he looked outside. "OHHH can we go there!!!"

Alex turned and looked at him strangely. "Dairy Queen? It's like 2 degrees outside."

"YEAH, but I'm CRAVING a blizzard."

"Uhh, all right." Alex shrugged and pulled into the parking lot of DQ and pulled into the driver thru window lane. "Are they open?"

"Yeah, lights are on inside. See the sign say, open late night."

Alex shrugged as she came up to the menu. "What do you want?" '

"Oreo Blizzard please!" His voice got higher like an 8-year-olds and Alex just giggled as she gave his order.

10 minutes later Justin was moaning about how delicious his Blizzard was and Alex kept trying to get him to give her a destination. Soon they came towards a sign that said Disney World, 1 mile. Alexandria got a smile on her face, looked at her clock that said 1:08 am and followed the road until they got to the gates of Disney World. She pulled off on the side of the road that was deserted and they had a great view of the empty, yet lit up Magic Kingdom.

Justin brought his spoon up to his mouth and raised his eyes to the sight before him. "Ohh this brings back memories." He chuckled and spooned the ice cream into his mouth.

"Are you done with that YET?" Alex giggled.

"It was a large and its better to eat it slow so it last longer." He whined. "I bet you just want some."

"And if I did, you wouldn't share!" She smiled at him, but didn't realize his next move. He spooned out a large bit of the ice cream, holding the cup between his thighs and putting his palm under the spoon so it wouldn't drip. He moved the spoon and hand towards her face. "Go ahead. You know you want some."

"Eww gross, you've been licking that spoon like a lollipop, no thanks!"

"Oh pulease. I don't have germs." She rolled her eyes opened her mouth and he slid the spoon into her mouth.

"And its not like we haven't kissed or anything." He smiled as her eyes widened and locked onto his. "Good ain't it?" He winked at her, pulling the spoon out. She nodded blankly and swallowed.

Justin relaxed back into his seat and after a few more bites set the empty cup in the cup holder in the console between them. They were both quiet just listening to the James Taylor music that was quietly flowing through the Jeep.

Alex brought her legs up in her seat and took off her heels throwing them in the backseat and bending her legs in her seat to be more comfortable. IT was a weird contrast. Justin was sprawled out, legs stretched and wide, slouching in the seat. And Alex was basically curled into a little ball; her constantly checking her dress to make sure she wasn't showing anything.

Justin took in a deep breath and rolled his head, lazily over to look at Alex's profile. She was staring straight ahead.

"Me and Britney broke up." He said looking at her. She turned her eyes first and then her head and looked at him trying to contain her confusion and JOY.

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you should be, it's your fault." He sighed and turned his body slightly, so one leg was bent and his foot under his bent knee, and his head was resting on the window. Now he could see her better.

Alex looked at him strangely and scared. "My fault?"

He smiled and nodded. "If hadn't been wearing that sexy little dress I wouldn't have tried to kiss you."

She thought for a minute and was confused by his words and actions, and she tried to think her way through it, but it didn't work. Before she was able to say anything he chuckled. "Nah, I would have tried to kiss you know matter what you were wearing."

She moved her gaze to him just in time to see him lick his lips arrogantly and stretch his aching muscles. "Britney figured out that I have feelings for you."

"Oh." She whispered still looking at him.

"She realized I was in love with someone else. And not her." He popped his neck and looked up in thought. "Ya know? Its weird our break up, really. She was so mad at first, hence the big red mark on my face. But then she really understood. I think we've both kinda been expecting this break up sooner or later. I'm kinda glad it was sooner, because now you are here. And I..." He looked at her and saw her staring at him intently, biting her lip in anticipation of what he was going to say.

His face turned as sincere as possible. "And I don't think I could stand myself if I didn't give the person I'm in love with a chance. If I didn't give YOU a chance, Lexia."

"Wow." She breathed and he looked at her with raised eyebrows. "That's never happened to me before."

"What?" He was utterly confused at this point.

"I've never had someone just lay it out like that for me before. I don't think I've ever had anyone tell me that they were "in love" with me before. That...wow. That's a damn good feeling." Her radiant smile made him close his eyes and take a content and refreshing breath.

"So, umm..." He spoke hoping she might explain some of the things she felt.

"I don't know what to say, I mean I've never felt this strongly for someone that's not been apart of my family before, well besides Jon." Justin smiled at her comment. "It's weird, and new, and exciting, and scary, and I just, man." She took in a breath and leaned her chin on her propped up knees.

"You know how you said I blushed. Well you're right, I mean, I never use to. And now you make me shy and embarrassed and uncomfortable and unsure. But then, the more time I spend with you, the more comfortable I get and the more a fall. I'm basically obsessed with you. But in a good way. I think about you all the time. I wake up and go to sleep thinking of you, and in-between I try and convince myself that it's just a phase. But this isn't just a phase. Everytime I see you I lose my concentration, everytime I hear you voice I focus all my energy on you, and..." She turned her head to lean her cheek on her knees and peered up at him as he stared deeply at her. "..everytime you call me Lexia I feel like I've touched heaven, just for a moment."

Justin turned away from her at those words and got back into his original position, resting back against the seat. He looked down at his hands that were fidgeting in his lap, then up at the illuminated castle in the distance, out the side of the window where it seemed to be pitch black, and then to the side where Alex was looking at him frightened. He looked at her and felt for the door handle and opened his door. He stepped out, slammed the door shut and closed his eyes smiling as big as possible. They had known their feelings and they had known each other's feelings. But now it was out in the open. He was free, the feelings he had were priceless, and he wanted nothing more than to let Lexia take him for all that he was worth.

Alex uncurled her position and looked terrified as he walked past the front of her Jeep, being lighted by her headlights. She had no idea what he was doing, and more importantly, what he was thinking and feeling. He came to her side and opened her car door. He gripped the edge of the roof of her car and leaned over her. She turned slightly to look up at his closed eyes and his steady breathing. A hand came down to take her arm in his and then her other arm. He pulled her out of the car, releasing her as he slammed her door shut.

Alex was confused and scared she didn't know what the hell he was doing. And then he pulled her back in his tight grasp and pushed her up against the car door. Looking all over her face. Her confused and fright went away when in one moment she saw a smile twitch the corners of his lips and he dove into her.

His body pressed against hers, they were now one person seemingly, his arms were bent, his hands on the glass of her window steadying him above her. Her heels were off, causing her to be shorter and her tiptoes were pushed against the soft grass underneath her. Her hands were plunged into his curls, her elbows on his shoulders.

They're bodies pressed together feeling every bit of the other one, their hands and arms supporting their weight, their eyes closed gently, their noses breathing furiously, and their lips...were meshed together in a wild dance.

They moved together and in opposite directions, not letting the other one breathe or get away without being attacked. Finally his arms pulled her away from the car and wrapped behind her back and lifted her off the ground. Their lips broke apart and they both started laughing joyously.

"You tasted like ice cream!! I haven't had a kiss like that in years!!" Alex screamed happily.

Justin sat her back down and pulled her close against him. He spoke slowly. "I've NEVER had a kiss like that Lexia, never."

She pulled away slightly and looked at him grinning. "What now?"

"Ummm..." He broke into a smile. "..I guess we will start out slow and, well I guess we are together now. Jon's going to be ecstatic." He gushed, bringing his hand up to caress her cheek.

She leaned her head into his palm. "My mom is going to pass out she'll be so happy!! I'll have to call her as soon as I get back home."

"Yeah, well, it's almost 3. You wanna take me to my house?" He smiled hopefully, biting his lower lip.

She picked at his shirt and looked up at him innocently. "Only if you'll kiss me goodnight."

"That's a promise Lexia." He leaned down and opened her car door while kissing her lightly. As he pulled away he whispered. "One I intend to keep."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story