It had been three days. Three glorious days since Alex and Justin had, become a couple, gotten together, started dating, whatever you want to call it. They had seen each other at least for an hour each day, and the more time they were together, just the two of them, the more they were realizing the joy and beauty of their blossoming relationship. Her schedule had been busy, of course, but his had been fairly easy and whenever she had an hour or two to spare, he was right there.

The night before the two of them had "double dated" with Alex's parents, and it ended up being a double date for Alex with her dad, and Justin with Alex's mom, who had stolen Justin in the process. Her dad had taken the news of Alex and Justin pretty well and her mom, well, she about fainted. The place they had gone was an upscale restaurant with Alexandria and Justin being the only two people there under 35.

The other times they had just hung out not really doing too much heavy relationship stuff, but cuddling, lightly kissing, flirting, stuff like that.

It was now Saturday around lunchtime and Alex was on her way to baby-sit Jon. She was going straight from NSSL to the Harless's and was humming along to "red, red wine" which was blasting on her radio. She hadn't asked Justin yet, but she wondered if the Harless's knew about her and Justin. She hadn't baby-sitting Jon these afternoons's because he was either at a friend's house, or she was too busy, or something came up.

She parked her car in front of the close garage door and stepped out; she looked over to the neighboring house to see an old man on his front porch watching Jon run down his steps for Alex with a backpack bouncing on his back. Alexandria waved at the old man named Mr. Jordon, who looked after Jon during those odd times that lasted no more than 30 minutes when Alex was running late or Lynn had to leave early.

Jon ran over and hugged her waist. "Hey my brother's girlfriend." He gushed. She pulled away and swung him up over her shoulder.

"What makes you think that I'm Justin's girlie girl?"

She opened the house with the key she had and stepped into the house. She sat him down and he dropped his bag. "He told me!! I want LUNCH!!" He ran off.

Alex's eyes widened. Jon was a rather calm child, but like all kids he had his moments, or days. And today was DEFIENTLY going to be a 'let's-sign-Jon-up-for-ridilin' day.

"Ok, what do you want?" She asked calmly, trying to calm his mood by her tone.

"P'nut butta 'n jelly!" He looked up at her with a jar of jelly and a container of JIF in both hands.

She sighed and her eyes widened at his weird expression. "Ohhh k. This is going to be an interesting day."

Alex groaned as he threw the containers on the counter and started running around the island of the kitchen screaming. "LEXY AND JUSTIN! LEXY AND JUSTIN! THEY ARE KISSY KISSY!!!!"

Her eyes were covered tightly by one hand and she mumbled. "This is going to be a long day."

-------

He couldn't help but giggle at the sight. It was now nearing 4 in the afternoon and Lynn was expected back pretty soon. The TV was playing the ending of The Lion King; it was the big fight scene.

Jon was on his stomach on the floor, with his Simba stuffed animal under his head and being used as a pillow. He was clutching it tightly, his eyes were shut and he was breathing deeply. But the site that got him more was Alexandria.

She was on the couch. Her legs were bent and lying on the couch, and she was leaning a bit sideways. Her elbow was propped up on the armrest, with her hand holding her tilted head up. She was sleeping as well, but with her glasses on the edge of her nose and a big textbook and papers in her lap and around her.

He giggled and smiled tenderly as he crossed the den area and leaned down to pick Jon up from the back of his shirt. The little boy groaned and clutched his animal as he stood up and leaned on the man beside him, never once opening his eyes. He picked up Jon and let him straddle his front and snuggle to him as he made his way to the steps. He cautiously and quietly traveled up the steps and into Jonathan's bedroom. Jon was gently placed on the bed, half-asleep and a Pokemon blanket was put over him.

On his way out the door, Jon's voice called out and stopped him. "Mmm Justin?"

He stopped and turned, to look at his younger brother, cuddled on his bed. "Yeah?"

The kid smiled brightly yet tiredly, and giggled. "You and Lexy, hehehehehehe."

"Take your nap, Jon. Mom will be home soon." Justin left the door cracked and was about to run down the steps, when he saw Lexia still sleeping figure on the couch. Instead, he slowly made his way down the steps and towards the couch. He took the remote from the floor and turned off the TV and VCR. Picking up the papers around her, he stopped when she slightly stirred and her head almost fell out of her hand, but she managed to say asleep.

Justin giggled and stacked the papers neatly on the coffee table in front of him and gently and cautiously took the textbook from her lap, she never once moved. He brought his hand to her face and pondered on how he could successfully get her glasses off without waking her fully. He slid them off slowly and an amused smile came to her face as her eyebrows furrowed together and her lips were pursed in confusion. Yet she stayed sound asleep.

He knew his schedule at times could be demanding and horrendous, but he actually had a break every now and then. Alexandria never got a break, or so it seemed. She was either with Jon, at school, or at the lab. Justin honestly wondered how this would work between them, but he knew if he tried they could pull it off. And he so desperately wanted to pull this off.

They hadn't talked much about how it happened, how fast or how slow it came about, they just went with their feelings and from what he was sensing, she was enjoying him as much as he was enjoying her.

And it had only been three days, but he no doubt in his mind; it was only going to get better.

Now that she was free of her books and glasses, he pulled the afghan from the back of the couch and sat down on the couch. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back with him. His head was on the pillows, resting beside the armrest, and she was securely lying on top of him.

"Huh?" She mumbled, opening her eyes and rubbing them, trying to remember her surroundings.

"Shhh." Justin cooed, wrapping the big blanket over her back, and then bringing his arms under the cover to hug her close. "Just go back to sleep."

A smile came to her tired face and she leaned her head on his shoulder, but then shot up. "Where's Jon?"

Justin chuckled at her eagerness and grabbed her face in his hands. "Lexia! He's taking a nap upstairs. You were sleeping; sitting straight up, you must be tired. Ok? Just relax." She did just that and leaned down on him, sighing at the smell of the Nautica cologne that she was beginning to know by heart. Her face was turned inward towards his neck and she played with a string on the neckline of his shirt.

"Mom call me at the studio and told me she wouldn't be home till 5 tonight. She said she would have told you herself, but thought you'd like it better if I told you." She giggled and looked up at him with an eyebrow raised.

"Man, and now you are here. Now I have to put up with you. Just great." She mocked being upset and he pinched her side.

"Watch it, Lexia." She snuggled deeper into his shoulder as he continued on with a yawn. "Anyway, I talked to Britney this morning. She's taking this pretty well I think. She is leaving for Sweden tonight, to record. I think the distance will be really good, so she can get her mind off stuff and concentrate on the music."

"Yeah, so are yall going to the press with this?"

"Not yet. Just be better to keep it underwraps ya know, let people figure it out. Oh, and I got it cleared from Johnny to go with you tomorrow to drop your parents off at the airport, but I'm thinking in about 2 hours he will call me telling me Lonnie or someone is going with me, but its all good."

"Yeah..." She mumbled into his neck, her breath tickling his skin.

"All the guys today were cracking on me, everyone Lexia. They were all calling me the ladies man, and saying I was wrapped around your finger. Can you believe that? But its cool, I'm glad they aren't mad because most of them are good friends with Brit too. Johnny didn't say much when I told him, but he'll get over it. He is just worried about the tabloids and press. I don't care."

He took a deep breath and yawned again. "I told mom and Jon and Paul about us yesterday. Mom was shocked but I think she was happy for me, Paul was just laughing, I don't know what his problem was, and Jon was screaming 'I knew it' for an hour. That boy is smart for a 7-year-old. Then I called my dad in Memphis yesterday, because I knew if I didn't and he found out from someone else he would be mad, but he just wants to meet ya and stuff. And I think-"

He stopped midsentence when he noticed the quietness of the room; it had just been him running his mouth off. Now, all that could be heard was her quiet steady breath, gently blowing across his neck. He smiled distantly and moved his face so he could kiss the top of her head. His arms tightened a bit and he turned his head towards hers and snuggled into her hair and the pillow behind him, closing his eyes and slowly drifting into a dreamworld that lately, he seemed to be in all the time, asleep or awake.

-------

(An hour later)

Lynn was still talking on her cellphone when she entered her house. She was talking to her husband who was currently stuck in an Orlando traffic jam. She set her purse and blazer on the kitchen table and walked over to the refrigerator pulling out a diet coke and popping the can open. She said goodbye and turned off her cellphone, taking out the battery and putting it in the charger that was on the counter against the wall. As she took a sip from the can and sorted through the mail but abruptly, stopped. The mail was slowly placed on the counter and the can was frozen at her lips.

-It's WAY to quiet in here. -

She sat the can down and knew that Justin and Alex were here because of their cars in the driveway. But she just didn't know why it was as quiet as night in her house. She carefully walked into the den area and looked around not seeing anything. She was on her way to the steps when she heard a slight intake of breath. Her figure froze and she turned on her heels and gasped at the sight before her.

Lynn had never had anything against Britney; she was a nice girl. But Alexandria was the type of girl that she secretly wanted to always see her son with. Someone that was smart and genuine, down to earth, had strong family bonds, good with kids, religious, and had a kind soul. Alex was all those things plus many more.

To see them embraced closely and sound asleep, like it was the most natural thing to them made her giddy and a smile erupted onto her face. She almost didn't believe Justin when he had told her. Sure she had seen the chemistry and sparks flying between both of them. But she never would have thought it was actually happen. It was almost too good to be true.

"Mommy?" She heard and looked up and over her shoulder to the top of the steps where Jon was rubbing his eyes trying to get woken up.

"Hey baby, were you taking a nap?" He slowly slumped down the steps into his mothers awaiting arms. He hugged her tightly.

"Yeah."

"Did you have fun with Lexy today?" He nodded tiredly in response and she held his hand as they walked into the den. Jon's tired eyes lit up at the sight of Justin and Alex and before Lynn could stop him, he had charged them and was running towards the couch screaming their names.

Lynn giggled as she saw one of Justin's blue eyes open and immediately shut. She heard him groan over Jon screams as he held on to Alex and turned them so that Alex was in-between the back of the couch and him, and his back was facing Jon.

"Justin! JustINN!! JJJJJUUUUSSSTTTTIINNNNN!!" Jon half laughed/ half screamed and tugged on the blanket and their clothes and finally Justin's hair. "WAKE UP! MOMMA'S HOME!!" He yelled and giggled, trying to climb up on the couch and on top of them. But he wasn't doing a very good job. Lynn chuckled heartily and walked over to the kitchen area. Before she got there she looked down at Alex and Justin. Alex was laughing into his chest and Justin was glaring at his mom.

"Would you shut him up." He grumbled in a low, raspy voice.

She ruffled his curls and bent over kissing his head. "No honey, but why don't you change that 'just got up' attitude. You don't want to scare Alex away just yet. Wait at LEAST a week."

"Mommmmm." He groaned.

"What time is it?" Alex randomly asked. She managed to sit up, kinda, as Justin continued to ignore his brother. She looked at the clock and gasped. "Ohh my, I gotta go, I have to go pick up my parents in a hour to go out to eat." She pushed Justin so she could get up, but he wouldn't budge. After awhile a smile came to his stern face at her annoyed tone. She hit him hard in the arm and he grabbed it, sitting up and letting her free.

"Man, you are a violent woman." He laughed sorta in pain and looked at his brother who was across the room, curled up in a chair with a remote in hand, but glaring at Justin. Justin maturely stuck his tongue out at Jon, who huffed and returned to his channel surfing.

"Well Jon, I'm out. See ya Monday babe." She walked over and kissed his head. Alex got her papers and glasses. She held the papers and book under her hand and hooked the reading glasses in the neckline of her tee shirt. Looking up at Justin who was smiling at her sincerely she grinned smugly before walking into the kitchen to get her keys that were on the counter, beside the phone. "I leaving Lynn."

"All right, bye Lex. See ya later."

Alex was almost out the door and putting her jacket on when she felt someone's arms encircle her waist. "You didn't say bye to me." He whined, barely brushing his lips over the soft skin of her long neck.

"Well you were being Oscar the Grouch, so I decided you didn't deserve a farewell." She pushed away from him and walked to her car that wasn't blocked in. Lynn had parked behind Justin, blocking him in instead.

"I'm sorry." She set her books on the hood of her car, right in front of the front window at the sound of his voice. She turned sighing, to see him pouting and shuffling towards her with the puppy dog look working full blast.

Her hands came up defensively as he got close. "Ohh no you don't. I know that look, Jon uses it all the time and it DONT work. So just tuck that lip back in." She brought out her finger and plucked his bottom lip.

He smiled and right before she was getting ready to open her car door and he pinned her up against it. "This brings back memories." His eyebrows wiggled and she tried to get away from him, but he pressed his body into hers and covered her mouth with his own before anything else could be done or said.

His hands tangled themselves in the mass of her ebony hair, and her hands surrendered and traveled up his chest, to his shoulders. His tongue gently darted out to trace the seem of her lips but as soon as she gladly welcomed him in, he smiled and pulled away. Completely.

She was left there alone, as he walked backwards, laughing and pointing at her. "Bye bye bye!" He sang, laughing.

"That was not nice, Timberlake." She glared at him and roughly picked up her books.

"That's what you get for not saying goodbye." He leaned against the frame of the open garage door and smirked at her. She opened her car door in a huff, threw her stuff in the passenger's side and stepped in.

"I don't like you anymore!" She screamed.

He laughed and yelled back. "I never liked you to BEGIN with!"

She glared at him and flipped him off, watching in amusement as his mouth dropped opened and his eyes widened. "LEXIA!!" He yelled and clutched his heart dramatically in pain.

She smiled brightly. "Call me tonight, loser."

"Sure thing, ugly." He winked at her and watched as she closed the door and backed out of the driveway, purposely turning on her bright lights to blind him. Only until she was out of sight, did Justin turn and walk back inside the house.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story