February 14th, 4:30 p.m.
Valentine's Day
---------------------

Every free second the past 4 days had been spent with each other. Even the seconds that weren't free, they tried their best just to be near each other. When Alex was baby-sitting Jon, Justin "accidentally" had left something there, or was in the neighborhood. At the storm lab she spent most her time doing paperwork and computer stuff, WHILE on the phone or on IM with him.

The time spent together was mainly talking or just resting, but even more than that was spent doing what Justin so eagerly wanted to a while back, "make out." Since Saturday their "make out" sessions as she referred to them as, had increased steadily. And the day before she had to physically remove herself from him because thing started going WAY too far. Yeah, they were moving fast, but they were just catching up for lost time spent obsessed with one another but not with one another. She had an intuition that something was going to happen between them, soon. She had no clue what it was, but she just knew that something would have to happen to progress these feelings they shared.

Each time see saw him, or heard him, or touched him, or tasted him, or SMELLED him, she loved his scent, she fell harder than before. In some ways he was still a mystery to her. She still had questions about why he did certain things, and she wondered about some of the things Jon had told her. But she figured in time, she would find out, when he was ready to share.

Right now that didn't matter. She knew where she stood. She knew her feelings like her favorite song. She was in love. She was more in love with him than anything else she had ever imagined. She had never had a feeling this strong before.

She just wanted to revel in this feeling forever, and ever, and ever.

A push was made on her side and her elbow slid off the end off her hard desk and her body slumped, not prepared for the jolt. She slowly peered, perturbed to her right to see Jen giving her a stern look. "Hey, wake up, pay attention, we got a test next Monday." She said in a hushed tone.

Alex giggled and rolled her eyes as Jen's grin broke through her face and turned back to their astrology professor.

Her long body slid down a bit in the chair and she stretched, yawning. She looked over to the small clock in the corner of the room and saw it read 4:40. She got out of class in 5 minutes.

And those 5 minutes seemed to be the longest 5 minutes she had ever experienced.

She wanted to get home. It was Valentine's Day and the last place she wanted to be was in class. Her and Justin had no plans. An emergency Grammy's/new record/business meeting had been called for in New York City at the Jive headquarters. Neither of them were pleased, but he promised to call that evening when the meeting got out. Which was supposed to be around 7:30.

She was going to go home and run herself a long, nice soothing bubble bath, put on a jazzy CD and just chill...and think about HIM. She had rented a few sappy love movies, and one comedic romance just to lighten the mood in case it got "too sappy". But no matter what she did, from now until 7:30 would take a century to pass by.

She had waited 2 months for them to be together, she figured she could wait a couple of hours.

"Alex, are you sitting here all night?"

"NO why?" She snapped out of her daze.

Jen giggled. "Class was dismissed a minute ago."

Like a bat outta hell, Alex jumped out of her seat, stuffed her papers un-neatly into her satchel and sped walked out of the classroom.

"Well, wait up, GEEZ!" Jen said trailing behind, running to catch up with her.

"Sorry, I just need to get home."

"Uh ohh, got a big date with the Timberlake?" Jen smiled, nudging her.

"No, actually I don't. He is in New York."

"Ehh, that sucks, well I gotta go, I got a night class tonight. Good thing I'm single, or life would REALLY suck, bye Lex." Jen waved and veered off to the left and trekked towards another part of the campus. Alex fiddled with her keys as she jaywalked across the road and went to the Burger King parking lot that was right across from the science building at UCF. She usually parked there so she wouldn't have to walk far. Tonight she sprinted to her car and jumped in, wheeling out of the parking lot and heading home.

She turned up the radio and switched it to the soft rock station that was only playing love songs for Valentines Day. Halfway home they played "This I promise you." It wasn't like she really like the song, she hated Nsync, but it registered that it WAS Valentine's Day, and she wasn't going to be able to spend it with her Valentine.

Her smile faded. Sadness crept in, and reality hit her as she stopped at a stop light with a jolt. "I'm alone on Valentine's." She said to herself.

She was hurt. It actually hurt in her chest. 15 minutes ago she loved the fact that she was on her way home so she could be alone and just enjoy the feeling. But she was going to be alone, usually she wouldn't care. Remember she liked being alone, but tonight it would be different.

She pulled into the parking lot and parked her car. She opened her door languidly, and uncaringly. She walked to her apartment building with slumped shoulders, and her eyes glued to her shoes. She kept telling herself: "You like being alone, you like being alone, you like being alone."

But it was useless. She sighed and looked up. She was almost to the door. She passed a blue BMW Convertible and immediately thought of those blue eyes and intriguing hair, the hard working body and soft face that belonged to the man she loved. She shook her head and walked through the glass doors and up the steps to her apartment. She reached her door and unlocked it. But something hit her.

-Is that MUSIC coming from my apartment? I didn't think I left anything on...-

She pushed the door open and her breath caught in her throat. Her purse slid off her shoulder and hit the floor with a thud as she looked at the sight before her.

"OOHHH BABY I LOVE YOUR WAY!!!"

A smile as long as the Great Wall of China spread across her beautiful face and her eyes twinkled.

He was in black slacks and a white shirt that was tucked in. His back was to her so she could only see the back of his still damp shortly trimmed curls. There was a red rose in his hand and he was using as a microphone. Her eyes drifted to the large crystal vase that was placed on her kitchen table. All she could see was red roses and white baby's breath. There at least had to be a dozen, if not more.

"EVERY EVERY EVERY DAY!!!" He sang with the early 90's song blaring through her speakers. She covered her mouth so she wouldn't laugh outloud when his cute little butt began to shake and his hips moved with the beat. She bent down to pick up her purse, just to have it be dropped on the counter of the kitchen. She shut her door as quietly as possible and walked to the other side of the counter and propped herself up on it. She swung her legs and took in the whole site of him.

She had no idea how he was there but she did not CARE. The side of his face could barely be seen, but she almost gasped when he turned his head to the side, eyes closed belting out the song.

"But don't, whoa no no, hesitate, la di da...cause your love just won't wait, JUST WON'T WAIT!!!!" He turned on his leather shoes heels and opened his eyes.

His figure stood up straight in shock at the sight of her giggling at him on her counter and he almost dropped the flower. Instead a suave grin found itself on his lips and he slowly began walking to her thrusting his hips in the process. "Ohh baby I love your way..." He whispered.

He parted her knees and stepped in between them, lightly singing the song and letting the petals of the rose brush across her cheeks and lips. The song faded out and silence engulfed them.

"Hey." He whispered, letting the rose rest on the counter and his arms encircle her. Her arms wrapped around his shoulders as his nose rubbed with hers.

"Hey, I thought your were in New York."

He chuckled and kissed her briefly. "I lied."

She pulled back and pouted for a moment but couldn't help it when she thought of him belting out the song. "Ohh baby, you love MY ways?" She giggled.

A shade of pink filled his cheeks but it quickly disappeared. "Yeah, I do." He leaned in and kissed her lips so softly before resting his chin on her shoulder and rocking with her slightly on the counter in a tight hug.

"I thought that was your car outside, but I didn't want to get my hopes up." She giggled in his ear, her hands twirled in the hair at the base of his neck.

"Yeah it is. See your roses?"

She rested her forehead on his and looked far into his eyes. "Yeah, thanks. I love them."

He turned and looked at his watch. "Lexia its almost 5, I have reservations for us at 6:30. Mikes gonna be here at 6 so you got an hour to get ready, is that ok?" He pulled away, his hands on her waist and hers locked on his neck, them staring at each other.

"Ohh anything is ok. I just can't believe you are here, you TRICKED me." She pouted shortly and then hopped off the counter. "Where are we going?"

"Is Taco Bell ok with you?" He watched her walk away from him but she stopped and turned with a bright smile.

"YES!! I just love their Chulupas!!" She giggled and shook her head. "Where are we really going?"

"You've probably never heard of it, but there is a little Italian/ seafood restaurant right on the beach about 20 minutes from here. It's very secluded and private. I've never been there but JC said it was REAL nice. Its in Cape Canaveral."

"Hmmm, Timberlake havin to get tips on dating." She giggled and ran into her bedroom, slamming the door at his narrowed eyes. He smiled to himself and picked up the rose, putting it back in the vase.

Nothing would ruin this night for them. It was their night. It was Valentine's Day.

-----
Hour later
----

Justin opened the door to let Mike in. "Come on in, I don't think she is ready yet."

"Boy you going to be pushing it, its gonna take a while to get there."

"Oh well, we will make it." Justin reassured him taking his place back on the couch and he continued channel surfing.

Mike walked over and squeezed himself in a chair. Justin chuckled at his uncomfortable position. "You look....spiffy." Justin fell into a fit of laughter.

"Listen boy, you are paying me EXTRA for this, but better be NICE or I will leave your white ass and tell all the radio stations where you are and WHO YOU ARE WITH, Mr. SPEARS!" Mike smiled smugly and tried to relax in the seat.

"I don't date Britney anymore, HELLO?" Justin rolled his eyes and tried to act snobby.

Mike chuckled heartily. "But the world doesn't know that."

Justin cut off the TV and turned his head to give him a look. "Mike would you shut-" He stopped mid sentence and his mouth went lax. He had never in his life seen anything so beautiful.

She was in a silk navy dress that came to her knees and had a square neckline. Her make up was very natural; her lips just glistened with a clear gloss. Her eyes were sparkly but not too much and her complexion was perfect. Her black hair had been curled and some how tossed upon her head, with tendrils cascading from the clip that held them together. Her ears had diamond, or rhinestone, hoop earrings and a delicate, slender silver necklace with a similar stone fell elegantly against her collar. Her toes were still in the burgundy paint he had applied to her and her heels were navy 3-inch stilettos.

Mike turned his thick neck and smiled at the girl standing there almost shy, with a white cardigan over her forearm and a small purse hanging off her shoulder. "Damn girl, you look fine." Mike smiled when a she giggled and shook her head. "So do you Mike, mmm, didn't know a suit would look so good on you."

Her gaze found Justin and his navy eyes darkened to black and he licked his lips nervously. He stood up and cleared his throat. "We need to go."

Mike looked between Alex and Justin, noting the disappointment in her face and Justin brushed her off. Mike went and held the door for them while Justin picked up his black jacket and pushed his arms through to rest it on his shoulders. He walked past Mike who was giving him a stern look and walked down the hallway towards the steps.

Alex sighed and slipped on her cardigan and walked past Mike with her head to the ground. He reached inside the knob and locked the door and closed it quietly. His big demeanor jogged a few steps to catch up with Alex and he stuck out his elbow for her to take. She smile genuinely and let her slender arm slide through the small space.

"I don't know what his problem is, he's a strange boy that's for sure. But there's no doubt about it, Alexandria..." He turned and smiled at her. "...You look gorgeous."

"Thanks." She whispered. They came to the steps and saw Justin leaning against the railing waiting for them.

"What are you DOING?" He yelled at Mike and hurried to Alex's side. "She's MY date." He pulled her away protectively and held on to her shoulders.

"Well you were acting like a PRICK so I decided to show her some manners. I decided to let her know that at least ONE gentleman was eating with her tonight." He gave Justin a fatherly look. Justin returned it and then narrowed his eyes.

"Just go get in your car, we will meet you at the restaurant." Justin ordered.

"Ohh no no no no no. Remember what Johnny said about the rules, you ride with me and I'll bring you back here."

Justin stomped and pouted, letting a whimper sound through his nose. "But MIIIKE."

"Ok, ok! I'll drive separately. But I'm following you; I'm going to my car. Don't try anything Timberlake. I know your momma." Mike pointed to him accusatorily and made his way down the steps and out the door.

Once Mike was out of sight, Justin turned back to Alex. "Sorry I ignored you, I just-" He stopped and let his hand reach out and lay lovingly against her shoulder. He then moved it to rest on her soft cheek. "You are so beautiful, its like you aren't even real. I didn't know what to say, I'm sorry if I hurt you now. I was speechless. You are just so beautiful, so beautiful." His thumb ran across her cheek that was pinking at his words.

"Stop it Justin, I forgive you, now can we go eat, I'm about to starve." His intense gaze blinked away and he smiled.

"Surely." He offered her his arm and she accepted, after she leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Happy Valentines day, baby." She smiled.

He let a crooked grin, show just the bit of his teeth. "Happy Valentines Day, Lexia."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story