She sat in the bay window of her apartment. Looking out over the trees and stream that was the view. She resituated her position on the comfortable pillows and brought out a book that she had started reading.

As much as she tried she couldn't get into the book. She just couldn't concentrate.

She kept thinking about the night before. How right after she had finished her dinner she had told Jon goodbye after Justin explained how she wasn't "needed" anymore. He didn't mean it coldly, but it came to her that way.

Damned brain.

She always read into things. She wasn't "needed" anymore. It was a Friday.

She had nothing to do. Classes were over for the week and normally she would go to the Harless' and spend the afternoon watching Jon. By 6 she was out the door and gone to her other work place.

Tidal Wave.

Work. Always kept her mind off things. So she decided to call her boss and tell her she WOULD be working that evening. She had called and gotten off for the weekend because of Jon, but now she wasn't "needed."

"Hey, Uncle B."

"Hey Lexus, what's up."

"Not much, you need a bartender tonight?"

"We can ALWAYS use an extra. I thought you had that other gig."

"Change of plans."

"Aiight, cool, yo. It's army night, so wear your camouflage."

"Sure thang. See ya at 7:30."

Her 3rd Uncle or so, she really didn't know, owned the club and had gotten her the job. He was kinda hippish and thuggish and valley guy. Each night they had a theme at the club. Some times it was cowboys and Indians, tonight was army night, there had been ghetto night, cross-dress night, swimsuit night, Hawaiian night, everything.

But no matter what, the bartenders dressed up.

She wasn't a drinker, but she had to give it to that place. They sure knew how to liquor people up. She wasn't a big clubby type of person, but if she were she would love to go there. When you walk in the door of Tidal Wave people are automatically on you. Practically the whole place is a huge dance floor with a long bar at the end. On the sides of the floor 2 feet above, are booths. When you walk in, if you look up you see a balcony, and that's where the DJ parks himself.

Bartenders weren't supposed to drink while on the job, but each of them had a ritual.

LOTS OF SUGAR.

All of them went to work with a sugar high. It was fun, got annoying, but she had to admit some of her funniest moments happened at that work place.

Alexandria looked at the clock, 6:30. She needed to get ready. So, reluctantly she rolled away from her bay window and headed to her bathroom.

-------

"Gimmie the mic." Alex grabbed the microphone at the DJ's station from her co-bartender Michael.

"No, I'm telling the 'Stronger' rules."

"No, I am."

He pouted. "Please."

"You did it last time."

She was right, so he narrowed his eyes at her. "Screw you." He kissed her cheek and went down the spiral staircase to the dance floor.

"Ready?" She asked the DJ. He nodded and scratched the record they were playing to a halt and put on another one.

"HUSH JUST STOP!" Alex screamed in the microphone. The room came to a halt and then erupted into cheers. Tidal Wave had a lot of regulars. And 'Stronger' was the one of the most requested yet simplest games.

"All right, kids. It's time for...."

"STRONGER" The place screamed.

"OK, for those who don't know what this game is. It's simple and FUN! As we play Britney Spears' wonderful song "Stronger" We want everyone to dance and sing as best they can. Each bartender will come in the crowd and pick special contestant to play this game, if you get picked you have to come and dance with the bartender that chose you on one of the booths. Then you will go to the bar and we will see how STRONG you really are." The crowd cheered with ohhhs and ahhhs. "OK, folks, keep in mind if you aren't a drinker or know you ARENT strong, then just say NO!"

Stronger came on and Alex skidded down the steps and started gyrating in the crowd. She spotted Terry in her camos and smiled at her, she was a new bartender and was still getting use to the games and looked a bit nervous. "PICK A HOT GUY!" Alex yelled to her. She gave her an OK sign.

Alexandria spotted a tall brown haired guy dancing great, she asked him if he was strong enough and he laughed and followed her to a booth.

Several other bartenders were already on the tables dancing with their partners. Alex jumped up on the booth and then stepped on the table, followed by the guy. She didn't bother looking at the people in the booth. "What's your name?"

"Noah."

"I'm Alexandria. Let's boogie, baby." Alex smiled and began dancing with the cute guy. She felt like two pairs of eyes were on her, but she ignored it.

This went against her attention phobia. She was actually, feeling her palms sweat as the crowd looked at her and Noah dance though the smile on her face said otherwise.

Soon the song faded into a techno beat. She stepped off the table, being helped by Noah. "Go on over to the bar, Kit-kat will hook you up with the strongest thing he got." Alex winked at him as he kissed her knuckles and walked towards the bar.

She sighed and nodded towards Jacob, one of the head bartenders. He gave her their symbol that meant, "you have a 10 minute break" She mouthed a thank you and grabbed the red bandanna over her black hair and took it off, heading towards the door to get some fresh air. She hated the smell of sweat, smoke, and alcohol mixed together. Before she had even made a step someone called out to her. The music was pumping and she strained to hear. She looked out at the dance floor. No one seemed to even look at her. The voice called out again, a little louder from behind and she turned to look at the table she had been dancing on.

"Uhh, hey guys? How's it going?" She smiled at the famous couple at the booth; a little startled they were there in the first place.

"You work here?" Justin asked almost as if it hurt.

"Oh, yeah. Friday and Saturday nights." She shrugged and waved to someone she had seen several times there.

"Does mom know about this?" He asked with a connected brow.

"Yup. Why? Do you not approve?" She said rolling her eyes. Damn him for cutting into her break.

"No, its cool I guess. Have a seat. That is if you can." Justin told her.

She sighed and plopped down across from him and Britney. "God, this job looks fun but spending all night on your feet with pounding music and drunken slobs all over you isn't all that great." She pulled her v-neck camo shirt down a bit and Justin looked at Britney surprised.

They both watched in amazement as Alex brought out a wad, a HUGE wad of money out from her bra. She set it on the table and brought her wallet out, connected by a chain.

She had to be careful when she was at the club. There were so many people and it was so loud, she would have no clue if someone stole from her. It had happened before and each employee was asked to use one.

She counted the money and smiled softly, "But the tips are GREAT."

She placed the money in her wallet and looked up at the couple. "Can I get you two something? On the house?"

"That's OK, we are kinda underage anyway."

"So am I, but who's telling. Beside, we got two big rockstars in our humble club, this is big doings." Justin shook his head looked at Britney who had her head on his shoulder.

Alexandria wondered what they were doing there. They both looked tired and they obviously weren't dancing. And wait a minute....

"Where's Jon?"

Britney yawned. "He's spending the night with a friend."

"Ohhhh OK."

Michael came up to her. "Hey, Lexus, they are asking for you at the bar."

"Why, I'm on break?"

"But you are the only one that gives out orgasms the correct way."

She sighed loudly. "Oh, tell everyone I'll be there in a sec."

"More like sex." Michael nudged her; not even caring that two famous people are sitting with her.

"Shut up, perv." She shoved him back.

"I'm not the one that says, "Orgasms are my specialty"." He mocked her playfully.

"It's a drink honey, a BEV-ER-AGE!" By now he was gone. She looked back at Justin and Britney. Britney was giggling and Justin's eyes were huge.

"If you excuse me, I have to go give out orgasms." She stood up. "Later guys, and if you need anything come get me."

When she left Britney turned to Justin. "She's strange."

"I know, I can't figure her out. I think she has multiple personalities."

"Well, we've only known her for what 2 days and only spoke to her a little at that."

"Let's not talk about her it gives me a headache, let's dance." He looked at her pleadingly and she pushed herself off him and stood up to go to the dance floor.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story