1 p.m....WEG offices

-------------------

Alex's leg bopped up and down in a quick pace as she sat in the waiting room outside of Johnny Wright's office. Dre plopped down in the seat beside her, unwrapping a footlong sub from subway. Mid-bite he looked over at Alex and grabbed her knee. He smiled and chomped down on the sandwich.

"Sorry, I'm just nervous for some reason." Alex said, her leg finally not shaking anymore.

He swallowed. "It's ok. Don't worry. We've handled worse situations than this. Believe me!"

She giggled at him as he bit down again. She sighed and slid down in her seat some more. She had already gone through the magazines on the table and talked with Dre. He had offered for her to go with him to get something to eat. But she wasn't hungry and she wanted to stay there incase they needed her. She hoped they didn't need her.

Finally the door swung open and both of them looked up to see Mike walk out. In the background they heard Johnny. "Nuh uh, Justin, you ain't goin ANYWHERE!"

Then the door shut.

Mike looked at Dre then at Alex. "Well, that was...interesting." He squeezed into the last chair in the small room and sighed, closing his eyes.

"I've never seen Johnny like that, it was kinda funny." His voice rumbled with a chuckle. Alexandria stared at him wide-eyed, scared out of her mind.

5 minutes later Alex was counting the number of tiles on the ceiling when the door open and Johnny stomped off yelling. "Don't go anywhere, I'll be back in a few minutes."

Alexandria watched him walk down the hallway and turned to see Justin lying on the floor, stomach down, through the doorway, whining. "Mommy I wanna go home."

The two bodyguards chuckled as Justin rolled on his back and pushed himself into a sitting position against the doorframe. "This really sucks. Gosh, he just wouldn't shut up. He's like a principal." Justin giggled and closed his eyes.

Alex sat there staring at him, shocked. She was one that wasn't used to being yelled at. And she didn't want to be, especially by someone she had never met. As soon as they had got to the WEG building they had to wait a few minutes and then Justin and Mike had gone straight into Johnny's office. The first time she had seen the man was when he had just stormed out.

"Hey, he wants to see me AND you when he gets back." Justin spoke. Alex's eyes widen, if possible, even more.

"Me?" She choked out.

"Don't worry. He will be nice to you." Justin smirked and closed his eyes. "I hope this is over with soon. I'm ready to get HOME! Hell, I'm just ready to go anywhere, just get me outta here!!"

"Well, Justin you stuck with me for a while now." They all looked up to see Johnny standing there with his arms over his chest. He smiled smugly at Justin and turned to Alex.

"Alexandria, its a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Johnny Wright, Justin's manager." He stuck out his hand and Alex stood up and accepted it.

"Yes sir, its good to meet you too." Her voice shook.

He smiled knowingly at Justin and let go of her hand. "Let's go inside my office." He led Alex to large office and motioned for her to sit in one of the chairs in front of the huge desk. Justin pushed himself off the floor and looked back at his two bodyguards and mouthed 'help me' before shutting the door. He walked to the chair beside Alex and sat down.

"All right Johnny, hurry this up." Justin sighed, supporting his head up with his palm.

Johnny raised an eyebrow. "This will be very short, if you just keep that mouth of yours shut."

"Yes, father." Justin chuckled.

"Anyways..." The older man shook his head and relaxed into his leather chair. "...so, here's the deal. Tomorrow we are having a meeting; everyone is going to be there. The rest of the guys, girlfriends, security, me. It's going to be to go over "relationship" policies. Now you know, I give you tons of freedom in that department. But you see we have a problem. Because you need to decide what you want to do about the whole Britney thing. As far as the rest of the world is concerned you are still with her. You and Britney need to decide what you two are going to do public wise." He stopped, cleared his throat and looked directly at Alex.

"Now I know you aren't use to any of this. But you do understand that dating Justin means you are going to have some restrictions. I mean, if you two decide to go public, your life will be just that, publicized." Alex's face contorted into pain almost.

"I can see you don't like that. My suggestion is to lie, kinda. Might not be morally correct, but what the fans don't know wont hurt them, OR you. My advice is to continue on with the Britney/ Justin thing. You don't have to comment on your love life but you can make it appear to be that you still are a couple. That keeps Alex's rep safe. But really, we can't do anything until we see what is printed. Tomorrow morning most likely. Then we can see where we need to take this. For all we know they could have gotten no pictures, or they are fuzzy or what not. Mike would have spotted someone with a camera in the restaurant, and other than that all the pictures were taking in dark lighting, I'm assuming."

"So, don't worry Lexia, because there might not be anything to worry about." Justin looked over at her stiff body and smiled comfortingly. She forced a smile and he reached over the small distant and picked up her hand, locking it with his and squeezing it gently.

Johnny smiled. "Now I'm not cameraman or anything, so just whatever. You are both adults. You are in charge of your own life. So, I'm trusting you to make the best of this situation and to try stay out of situations like this in the future. I know this is awkward. Believe me, I really don't like playing Jenny Jones. Ok, so I'm done."

"We can go?" Justin asked excitedly, melting down into his chair chanting 'yes'.

"Hey, one more thing..." Johnny stood up as the two did. "...just to be safe, Alex why don't you stay with someone tonight, instead of going back to your apartment, just to be safe. You don't have to, but I'm just saying to be safe. The reporters might have left the entrance but they could still be camped out in cars so..."

"You can stay with me." He smiled at her and squeezed her hand.

"Ok." She nodded.

"All right, then. I will see you guys tomorrow at 11. I'm sorry for all of this." He smiled and opened the door for them and they walked out getting sympathetic looks form Mike and Dre.

"That was quick, everything ok?" Dre asked.

"Everything's fine. Bye Johnny, bye guys." They all said goodbye and Justin began to lead Alexandria down the hallway. He then stopped. "Hey wait here."

She watched him jog down the hallway back to the waiting room, confused.

"Hey Mike, call me on my cell tomorrow morning around 8 ok?"

He gave the young popstar a weird look. "What for?"

"I'll tell you later." Justin turned to walk away but a hand landed on his shoulder.

"Ok, hey J?"

"What Mike?" He sighed.

An evil smile lit up his dark face. "I see that chocolate cake worked eh?"

"What do you- oh my gosh, I cant believe you." Justin's face became beet red.

"Uh huh, you are turning red. It sure did. I'm just happy for ya, like I said. She's Fuine." Mike sucked the air through his teeth and Justin glared.

"Shut up, leave me alone."

"Bye justy wusty." Mike laughed watching Justin jog down the hallway toward Alexandria.

----------

"Are you supposed to baby-sit Jon today?" Justin asked looking over to the passenger's side. Alex just nodded and continued staring out the window.

Justin sighed. She had been so quiet since that morning, and he was really scared. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. A thought entered his head and he immediately scolded himself.

-Last night was not a mistake. It just wasn't. It felt right. It was right. -

Moments later they were at Lynn's. The neighbors released Jon and he came running at the sight of Justin and Alexandria there together.

Alex opened the door as Justin picked up his brother and carried him into the house, Jon giggling the whole way. When the brothers got inside Alex had already gotten herself a Snapple and sat down at the kitchen table with the phone in hand.

She punched in some numbers and waited. "Hey Jen, its Lex. I know you are in class right now. Um, something came up today and I had to miss my classes. I'll be missing my morning classes tomorrow probably. It's a long story; I'm not going to be home tonight. Just, I know you, you are going to be anxious, but anyways I'll call you later. Bye." She immediately dialed another number.

Justin grabbed himself a drink from the fridge and handed his brother a Capri Sun. Then Jon ran off to the TV, crawled up on the couch and stared yelling for "Lexy and Justy" to join him.

Justin walked over to Alex, smoothed over her dark hair and kissed the top of her head before going to join his brother.

"LEXY GET IN HERE!!" John yelled turning on the TV and curling up to Justin that was sitting beside him on the couch.

"Shhh..." Justin held his brother to keep him from squirming. "...Lexy and I have had a rough day ok? Just let her have her space."

"Is she ok?" His big eyes looked into Justin's scared.

"Yeah, she will be fine." Justin said in a hushed toned and kept his arms around Jon as he flipped through the channels.

Alex came back in and plopped down on the other end of the couch. She mumbled. "Mr. Krecor said that him driving your car threw off some of the people but that they're are still some there. But they are getting few as time goes by."

"That's good." Justin said softly.

"Who's Mr. Krikoor?" Jon asked confused.

Alex turned her head and giggled. "He lives in my apartment building."

"Oh." He pulled away from Justin and crawled over to Alex on the couch and picked up her hand, pulling it towards Justin. "Come on!"

Alex sighed and stood up, walked two steps and sat down right beside Justin. "Happy?" She asked Jon. He mumbled a 'mmmmhmmm' and crawled up on both of their laps and spread across them.

Justin looked down at his brother, laughed and then up at Alex. "Do we look like a couch?"

She shrugged, looking blankly at the TV.

"Come on, Lexia. It'll be ok." He moved his arm around her shoulders and tugged her close. Finally she rested her head on his shoulder. Justin pushed his head forward and turned hers for her and moved his lips onto hers, kissing her sweetly.

"ewwwww." Jon curled up his nose at the sign of affection. "YES! It's on."

Alex sighed and whispered, "thank you" to Justin and turned to the TV just in time to see the beginning credits of "Pokemon" come on.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story