That afternoon

-------------

"YOU WHAT?" Jen screamed causing a few people to turn and stare at her in the UCF library. Alex gave her a look and continued on.

"Yeah, so when I was at the meeting today, he just kinda announced that I was moving in with him!"

"Go Lex!" Jen rooted quietly, this time remembering they were in the library.

Alex pressed the copy button once more on the copier that was copying pages from a science book she needed for one of her classes. "Yeah, but I don't want to. I like my freedom, I mean I love him yeah, but Jen I've been with him 2 weeks!"

"You guys are moving a little fast don't ya think."

"I know, but it feels right. I just was surprised by the moving in thing, I wish he would have discussed this with me." She picked up her copies and pried the heavy reference book from the machine.

"It will work out Alex. I miss the boy, I want to see him sometime." Jen smiled evilly as Alex laughed.

"You are a mess. But I guess I better be headin out, I told him I'd come home after class."

"All right, but just something I'm going to note. You just said "home" Alexandria." Jen gave her a look that said, "I told ya so."

Alex pursed her lips and rolled her eyes. "Ok, ok. So the idea of living with the sexiest man alive does excite me a little, but still..."

Jen giggled and patted her back as she walked further into the aisles of books. "Later Lex. Have fun with Loverboy."

"Bye Jen."

Alex smiled. Jen had been very understanding and helpful to her situation. She had knocked some sense into Alex, letting her know that Justin probably had his reasons, and if she did love him, she would understand his actions, or at least let him explain before she got all upset.

Jen could be quite sensible and bright for being a star struck teenybopper.

She covered her eyes with sunglasses as she stepped out of the library. Yup, her day was getting brighter and brighter.

-------

The Silver Jeep had been parked right outside the open garage, behind Justin's cars. She walked through the garage, lightly knocked on the door and opened the door.

"Hey Just?" Alex called out. She walked past the laundry room, giggled and peeked in. Her eyes widened at the site of piles and piles of clothes just thrown in there. She walked on towards the kitchen and saw a big bouquet of Daisy's on the kitchen table. She smiled when she saw a note with her name on it. She opened it and almost gasped when she saw her apartment key taped to it.

The note read...

"You might want to be more careful with this thing. All I had to do was get your keys from your purse when you spent the night at momma's and took the key."

She searched for her keys in her purse and sure enough she was missing her house key. She immediately put the taped key back on her keychain.

"Where are you?" Alex asked into the quiet house. She got a response. But not the one she was hoping for.

She turned at the noise and her mouth dropped. There was Chester and his cage, all set up beside the kitchen table, against the glass doors that led outside.

He had gone to her apartment and brought her stuff back here!

Her mouth went dry and she immediately went to the refrigerator to get something to drink. If it was going to be THEIR house, she might as well take advantage of it. She opened the fridge and her eyes widened. It was stocked with Snapple.

She then heard the faint vibration of bass and followed it through the foyer to the guest bedroom. She heard loud music coming from the room and slowly inched the door open.

She gasped at the sight. Justin was rapping and singing along to Common's, "There are Times."

"It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine...there are times, when you'll neeeeeed someone. I will be by your siiiideee. Ohhh yeahhh. There is a light that shines, special for you ANNNNNNDD me." He was dancing and singing loud. But that's not what made her gasp.

Her underwear was scattered all over the guest bed. Some of her other clothes were in piles on the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" She yelled.

He jumped slightly and smiled way too brightly. "Unpacking!"

She thought he had lost his mind. What WAS he doing?

"Do you keep your socks and undies in the same drawer or separate?" He asked, still shaking his hips to the song.

Alex stormed in and shut the CD player on the dresser off. "I'll say it again.... What the hell are you doing?" She said her word slowly and articulately.

Justin put down a handful of bras that he was holding and walked over to her. "I'm moving you in. This is your room now."

He tried to wrap his arms around her, but she pushed him away. "Why are you doing this Justin? You are acting insane. I don't really want you rummaging through my underwear."

He smiled evilly. "It's not like I haven't seen it before."

She glared.

"Lexia, just give this a chance ok? If you HATE living with me, its cool you still have your apartment. I didn't move everything out, And I...I'm just trying to make this as easy as possible. I've never felt this way about anyone, and I'm sorry, but I WANT you to live with me." He stuck his hands in his pockets and lowered his head.

Alex sighed, feeling sorry for upsetting him. He looked like a little kid who just learned he wasn't getting a puppy for Christmas, right now. "Justin..." She walked over to him and grabbed his upperarms. His head lifted slightly. "...This is just a little...much. I mean, that apartment means a lot to me. It was the first place that was like MINE, and mine alone. My mom even painted that ceiling and I just, I don't know. This is just going to take a lot of time for me to get use to living with you. I'm use to being by myself."

"You are use to being alone." He whispered.

"Yeah." She took her arms and wrapped them around his stomach. "But I'll try this for you. Since it means a lot."

He removed his hands from his pockets and held her to him. "Thank you."

"Sure, but one problem." She pulled away, still in his arms and looked at him smiling. "Chester is a messy bird."

"It's ok. I'm sure Jon would love to baby-sit him for us."

"I like that."

"What?" He asked, grinning as she moved in closer.

"That word...us...." She kissed him softly on the lips. He pulled away to whispered against her.

"I like it too." He smiled and moved his hand to the back of her head, tilting it, and pushing her forward to devour her lips with his own.

-----

A little after 11 that night

Justin had gone and picked up some food for them and they ended up eating and then watching a movie after Alex had finished unpacking. She was amazed. The closet and dressers were full of everything she needed. Even her bathroom was stocked.

She had to bite her tongue when she opened up the compartment under the sink and saw that there were tampons there. She didn't even want to know...

Now she was under her covers, the light was out in her room and all that was lighted in the room were small patterns on the carpeted floor that was from the moonlight shine through the blinds.

The bed was amazingly comfortable. She even had her stuffed animal Spot snuggled to her chest. She was in her favorite pair of sky blue cotton pajamas. And her pillow was the one from her apartment, her down feather pillow she had had since she was 16.

Yet in all that familiarity she couldn't get one wink of sleep.

"arrrggg..." She growled and flipped off her stomach and on to her back, staring at the ceiling. She closed her eyes, breath deeply and relaxed. Five minutes later she hit herself in the head with Spot.

After 10 minutes off laying there not being able to even think of sleep Alex threw her covers off her in a sigh, and literally rolled out of the bed. Her bare feet shuffled across the carpet to the door.

She stopped.

-Don't go bother him, he is probably in his REM mode now. -

She turned around.

-But he is your boyfriend; it's his job. -

She smiled and turned back to the door and opened it.

She took a step back and dropped her stuffed animal in surprise.

"Oh, hey." Justin shyly said, dropping his hand that was in a fisted position, ready to knock on the door.

"Hi." She said back.

He scratched the back of his head and bit his lip. "I uhh, was just coming to...I couldn't sleep."

She smiled and leaned against the opened door. "Me either. I was just about to come sneak in your room."

"What's wrong? Do you not like your bed? I can change the mattress and pillows if you-"

"Justin, that's not why I couldn't sleep." She interrupted him.

"Oh." He looked down at his bare feet and stared at them as she let her eyes travel all over him.

They didn't talk for a good while. He just stared at his feet as she let her eyes run over his Carolina Blue sweatpants with the letters UNC running up the sides of the legs and his white undershirt.

"Well, look at us we match." Alex giggled.

He looked up and smiled at her solid light blue cotton long pajama bottoms and same colored tee. "I guess so." He then reached out for her hand and interlocked her fingers with his, pulling her out of the room.

She didn't question him as he led her into the foyer and then up the steps. She just allowed him to drag her to wherever he wanted. It wasn't like she was doing anything else. It wasn't like she was sleeping!

He reached the upstairs and turned towards his room. His hand clicked the lights off and the house got extremely darker. She grinned when he looked over his shoulder and smiled genuinely.

The door to his room was partially opened, so he just pushed it a little further and led her inside. He didn't even let her hand go as he led her over to his bed and turned out the light.

Now the room was completely dark. Well, expect for the moonlight and digital clocks. He sat her down and pulled the covers over her, only then letting go of her delicate fingers. He strided to the edge of the bed and crawled up the bed and pushed his feet and leg under the dark colored sheets and comforter. Once under the covers, he immediately reached out for Alex.

"Now, I can sleep." He mumbled into her hair, spooning her body from behind.

Alex sighed and rested her hands on top of his arms that were holding on to her stomach. "Yeah..."

"Lexia?"

"What?"

"I love you. And-" He paused and she could feel his lips brush her shoulder. "-And I want to thank you for spending Valentine's Night with me. I know I haven't gotten to tell or show you how much that meant to me, but I'm working on it, ok?"

"Justin you don't have to show me how much it meant. I know, it meant a lot to me too."

"Good. Goodnight babe."

"Goodnight Justin, oh and I love you too."

He smiled. "Good. Night."

"G'night."

"I'll see you in the morning."

Alex giggled. "Ok, babe."

"Do you want breakfast?"

"JUSTIN!!" Alex yelled unbelieving.

"What?" He asked innocently.

"Shut up!"

He giggled and held her tighter. "Yes ma'am."

5 minutes later they were both fast asleep.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story